Chapter Eighteen: In The Common Room

The celebration party was in full swing by the time Harry came back. Ron waved the trophy happily, “We won! Four hundred and fifty to a hundred and forty! We won!” he yelled at Harry.

Harry’s face split into a wide grin. Alison smiled at him just as Ginny broke apart from the crowd and raced at him. Her face was blazing as she threw her arms around Harry. Harry smiled and quickly closed the distance between his lips and Ginny’s. In an instant the room fell quiet. Everyone was watching Harry and Ginny. Beside Alison Romilda Vane clenched her fists and across the room Dean shattered the glass he was holding.

Harry pulled away and looked over the top of Ginny’s head. Alison gave him a thumbs up and a wide smile. Beside her Hermione was beaming. But Harry sought out Ron who simply shrugged and nodded his head.

Harry and Ginny left after that and the party went back into motion. Dean and Romilda disappeared, but honestly, Alison didn’t miss them. She actually missed Fred and George who had always been the life of these parties.

“Hey!” Seamus called out from the other side of the room, “Why don’t we give these a try!” he said holding up some of the twins filibuster fireworks. Alison knew they had begun selling new versions that took longer to get rid of.

Seamus grinned and set off the two he had in his hands. There was a loud bang and the room erupted in gold and crimson. Alison laughed happily as the fireworks whizzed around the room.

“Fred and George made special ones for Gryffindor!” Seamus called over the noise.

“Brilliant!” Alison called back to him as she took a swig of her butterbeer. Winning felt good, she knew that much.

“Hey Ali!” Katie called over the noise, “Exploding snap?” she challenged. It had become common knowledge that Alison was the Gryffindor champion at exploding snap and everyone kept trying to beat her.

“I’m game!” Alison said happily and made her way over to the group of people who were playing.

There was a loud bang, this time not from the fireworks, and Alison let out a loud cheer, “Winner again!” she called out happily as she pulled the assortment of Knuts and Sickles towards her.

“I don’t know why you all try.” She said shaking her head as a few of the people around her muttered about losing.   

“Oh honestly!” Professor McGonagall called out from the portrait hole. She was in her dressing gown and tapping her foot.

“Look, I’m as excited as you all are, but if you don’t quiet down and get to bed I’ll have to ruin our winning!” she said and turned on her heels.

Seamus took out the instructions on how to get rid of the fireworks and started to vanish them while everyone retired to bed, still talking excitedly about their win. The remaining members of the Quidditch team fell into chairs around the fire.

“That was possibly the best game I have ever played.” Katie said happily now supporting a large burn on her forearm from exploding snap, “You’re speeches are much better than Wood’s.” she said smiling and Alison.

“Hopefully you’ll get captain after Harry,” Peakes said, “You’ll be just as great as him.” Alison smiled at them, “You guys are too nice.” She said blushing lightly.

“Just telling it like it is!” Coote said happily. Alison rolled her eyes and looked over at Ron. He was half asleep in his chair. Alison picked up a chocolate frog and threw it at him hitting him in the face. Ron woke with a start and the team broke out laughing.