Chapter three: Returning Home

Author's Note: Hey guys, this is a bit of a slow chapter. There's some action but it's mostly just trasition. The best is yet to come! I promise :D Enjoy! Oh, and all this belongs to J.K. Rowling, except for my characters, they're mine.

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter three: Returning Home

With the arrival of August came lots of rain and more drab, gray skies. Alison had fallen into a comfortable routine at headquarters. They would eat breakfast, and then clean some room in the house. Most days Mrs. Weasley would allow them the afternoon off. Alison spent her afternoons off usually in the company of Ginny, Fred, and George. Out of all of Ginny’s brothers, Alison liked the twins the most. They were fun and spontaneous, and not at all uptight in any way possible.

It was on one of their afternoons off when Ron came into the drawing room where Alison and Ginny were playing Wizard’s chess. He threw at them thick parchment envelopes with elegant writing on them.

“Came today.” he grunted while walking back out of the room. Ginny gave him a rude gesture as he walked away. Alison smiled and switched letters with Ginny so they had the right ones.

She ripped open the envelope and pulled out the parchment inside. The first sheet was the usual letter telling her that the train would be leaving on September first. The second page however had the list of books she would need.

“Standard Book of Spells Grade 4, and the Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection.” Ginny looked up from her list, “What is this garbage?”

Alison looked up at her, “What? It’s just a book for the new defense teacher.”

“It sounds like a stupid one.” she said her face set.

Mrs. Weasley came in the room then clucking her tongue at Ginny. “Let me see.” she said and held out her hand for the list. Alison handed her hers. “Yes, I’ll get this stuff while I’m out.” she said.

“Why can’t we go to Diagon Alley too?” asked Ginny in a rather whinny voice.

Mrs. Weasley looked at Ginny as though she had two heads, “You know perfectly well why you cannot go with me.” With that she left the room and made her way up the stairs to see the boys.

“It’s not fair.” whined Ginny, “I want to go somewhere outside of this house!” she fell back onto the floor, her arms spread above her head. Alison let out a laugh at her best friend. 

“September first will be here soon enough, and then we’ll be back to Hogwarts and outside of this house!”

***

Alison and Ginny were upstairs in bed later that night. They were whispering back and forth about a letter they had gotten from their friend Kaylynn. Hermione lay asleep in the bed next to Alison.

“She really can’t have done that can she?” whispered Ginny in exasperation, “I mean, she can’t be that—“