Chapter Thirteen: The Quidditch Troll

Madame Pomfrey allowed Alison, Ginny, Harry, and Hermione in to see Ron at eight o’clock. Fred and George arrived at ten after. George was holding a large package wrapped in festive paper.

“This isn’t how we envisioned handing over our present.” He said glumly and pulled Alison out of her seat to sit in it himself before pulling her onto his lap.

“Yeah,” Fred continued, “He was conscious.”

“There we were in Hogsmead, waiting to surprise him,” George said tangling his fingers in Alison’s curls.

“You were in Hogsmead?” Ginny asked.

“Yeah, we were thinking of buying Zonko’s, though it won’t do us much good if you lot can’t go to the village anymore.”

Hermione gave a rather loud sniff from her perch in her chair beside Ron’s head. She had been quiet all day long and Alison was startled by her simple noise.

“So mum and dad know?” Fred asked Ginny.

“Yeah, they’re in Dumbledore’s office now.” Ginny replied.

The boys went into discussing what had happened again, but Alison had already heard the story so she focused on George’s fingers in her hair. A small part of her was upset that she hadn’t seen Ron being poisoned. And not for the first time she wished she could control her visions in some shape or form.

“Er—my—nee.” Ron croaked out unexpectedly. They all fell quiet and watched him, but he only began to snore once more. The dormitory doors burst open and Hagrid came strolling in leaving large muddy foot prints in his path, “I don’ believe this,” Hagrid said, “who’d want ter hurt him, eh?”

“Only six visitors at one time!” Madame Pomfrey said appearing out of her office just as Mr. and Mrs. Weasley came in the ward. Alison, Hermione, and Harry stood to leave, Hagrid going with them. Alison kissed George on the cheek and followed after Hermione. They waited outside the doors while Harry spoke with Molly quickly and then they began to trudge up to the common room.     

Alison blocked out a majority of the conversation going on beside her as they walked, that is until she heard this, “Dumbledore’s angry with Snape?” Harry blurted out quickly.

“I never said tha’,” Hagrid said just as quickly, “Look at the time, I best be getting’ I need ter—“

“Hagrid, why’s Dumbledore angry with Snape?” Harry asked loudly.

“Shhhh!” Hagrid said looking nervous and angry, “Don’ shout abou’ stuff like tha’! Do you want meh ter lose my job?”

“Don’t try to make me feel guilty, what’s Snape done?”

“Yeah,” Alison said wanting to know as well, “What’s he done?”