Chapter Five: Back to Hogwarts We Go

Alison spent the last few days of her holidays with Ginny. Ever since they had gotten back from Diagon Alley, Harry, Ron, and Hermione locked themselves away. Alison was only bothered by it a little bit, she didn’t like when Harry shut her out.

So instead of playing Quidditch or exploding snap, she and Ginny were forced to sit in the kitchen for hours while Fleur planned her wedding simply because Molly didn’t want to be alone with her.

“What do you think Aleeson?” Fleur asked Alison one morning holding up a picture of a dress, “I theenk that you , Ginny, and Gabrielle will look wonderful!” she said and Alison nodded her head not really paying attention.

“Of course eet won’t be pink. That would clash with your and Ginny’s hair. I am theenking pale gold.” She went on. Ginny shot Alison a bored look. Alison simply nodded her head before resting it on her hand.

“Yes, you tree will look very cut tegezzer, I theenk.” Fleur said placing the picture back down on the table.

Alison shot up, “You three?” she asked suddenly confused. Fleur nodded her head a little impatiently, “Yes. You, Ginny, and Gabrielle. Do keep up.” She said and went back to chatting to no one specific. Alison shot Ginny a worried look. Ginny shrugged her shoulders.

“Girls,” Molly said turning from the sink, “Have you brought me your wash yet?” she asked with a knowing glance at Alison. Alison gave a sheepish grin and hurried upstairs to gather her clothes.

Though Molly had urged everyone to pack in advance, Alison did not. The morning of the first was as hectic as ever. She ran around the Burrow trying to collect all of her belongings before it was time to leave. Alison was surprised to find that a majority of her belongings had managed to get themselves all over the house. When she had finally tracked down her potions book she shut her trunk with a happy thud.

Alison hauled her trunk down the stairs and piled it by the door with everyone else’s. She made it a note to pack early next year. Her next task was to locate May-Bell, who often seemed to think that this was the day to go nap in an un-findable place. Alison set out in search of her. When the sleek ministry cars pulled up in front of the house she still hadn’t found her beloved cat.

“Come on! It’s time to go!” Molly shouted from the door where a gruff man was loading their trunks up. Alison gave a startled yell and called for May-Bell again, “Where are you?!” she asked furiously. Suddenly Fleur stepped in front of her holding a large ball of grey fur.

Alison thanked her and stuffed May-Bell into her carrier before rushing to the kitchen door. Molly pushed them out one by one, Fleur saying goodbye to each of them. Ginny tripped Ron on the way out. When they had finally shut themselves in the car Alison gave a sigh, she was glad to be going back.

When they reached the station they weren’t greeted by Hagrid, but two very boring and gruff Aurors who escorted Harry through to the barrier. Alison laughed softly at Harry as the one tried to lead him through the barrier grabbed his arm. Molly had swatted at her and pushed her through as well. They had made it with only a few minutes left to spare. They each hauled their trunks onto the train and came back to say goodbye to Molly and Mr. Weasley. Molly gripped each of them in a tight hug.

“Now do behave! And be safe!” she called to them as the train began to pull away from the station. Alison and Ginny waved out of the window to her for a few moments before turning around. Harry was there waiting, “Want to find a compartment?” he asked them both. Ginny excused herself to go find Dean and Alison gave a sorry smile, “I’ve got to find Colin. I promised him I would.” She said sheepishly. Harry nodded, “Alright then, see you at the feast.” He said and walked away.