Chapter Seven: A Fatherly Message.....Kind of?

Chapter Seven: A Fatherly Message…..Kind of?

Ginny looked over Alison’s head at Colin who only shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention to Alison.

“What can we do?” He asked her in a low whisper. Alison slumped, laying her head on the table. The cold wood was soothing on her forehead, “Make it go away.” She muttered into the table.

Ginny rubbed her back, “I’m not sure that’s within my power there Ali.” She said sheepishly.

Harry came walking up the table towards them and Alison sat up pretending as if nothing was wrong at all.

“Hello Harry.” She said with a pleasant smile. Harry shot her a smile back, “Can I count on you two for Quidditch?” he asked looking between Alison and Ginny.

“Of course!” Alison answered as if he was crazy, “What kind of question is that?” Harry smiled wide, “Ginny?”

Ginny smiled and nodded her head, “Why not?”

“Brilliant!” he said, “Saturday morning on the pitch for try outs!” he called over his shoulder as he walked away towards Hermione and Ron.

“Now, where were we?” Colin asked Alison. The smile slipped off her face and she rested her head in her hands, “They’re getting worse.” She admitted softly.

“Let’s just head up to the common room.” Colin offered and stood up. Alison and Ginny followed his example. When Alison stood she stumbled slightly. Colin and Ginny hooked arms with her, like they had done many times before, to keep her steady. To an outsider it looked as if nothing was wrong.

They only made it to the base of the marble stair case before a voice called out, “Miss Parker.” Alison detached herself from her best friends and turned around putting a smile on her face, “Yes Professor?” she answered looking up to see Snape standing in front of her.

“May I have a word with you?” he asked trying to keep his voice normal. Alison shrugged and waved Ginny and Colin off, “Sure thing Professor.” At one point in her life Alison would have been terrified to follow after Snape into the dungeons as she was now. However, the man standing before her wasn’t what she had once thought he was.

Snape pushed the door of his office open and gestured for Alison to step inside. She did, and took a seat in the chair she had occupied more often than not over the last year. Snape shut the door and swept his way to his seat across the desk from her. He folded his hands and regarded Alison for a moment before speaking.

“You had another vision tonight.” It wasn’t a question but Alison nodded her head in answer.

“Tell me what happened.” He said. His voice gave no leeway to protest so Alison opened her mouth retelling the vision.

“You felt pain?” he asked her cutting her off as she spoke about the dagger. Alison nodded her head, “Right here.” She said pointing to her lower abdomen.