Chapter Fourteen: Secrets Revealed

“You have to admit,” Dean began. They were sitting around the fire, the Quidditch team too revved up to go to sleep, “it was kind of funny when Harry got hit.”

Alison sat up straight and narrowed her eyes at him.

“There was nothing funny about it.” Ginny said crossing her arms and staring at him. Peakes and Coote nodded their heads in agreement.

“Sure there was. I mean come on. Have a sense of humor.” Dean said playfully.

“It. Wasn’t. Funny.” Ginny said all traces of happiness gone from her voice.

“Jeeze, calm down. Why do you care so much anyways. I’m your boyfriend.” Dean said rolling his eyes.

“That’s got nothing to do with this!” Ginny yelled jumping out of her seat. Peakes and Coote hurried off before they could get dragged into the fight. Alison stood hoping she too could get away, but she wasn’t quick enough.

“You’re telling me that if George thought it was funny and Ali defended Harry it would be plausible for George to think she wanted to date him?!” Her voice was growing louder and drawing the attention of the few people still up.

“Gin, leave me out of this.” Alison said weakly.

“Yeah! It is!” Dean yelled back at her.

Alison cringed in her seat, “FINE!” Ginny yelled, “I have nothing more to say to you!” she said and hurried off up to their dorm. Alison followed after her quickly not wanting Dean to have a go at her too.

Harry and Ron were released Monday morning and Alison had never been so happy to see Ron at the breakfast table. She had rushed up and engulfed him in a hug, which earned her a glare from Lavender.

“I don’t have to put up with that troll anymore!” Alison cheered. Ron laughed.

“What about me?” Harry asked holding his arms out. Alison rolled her eyes and hugged him too, “How’s the head?” she asked him knocking on it with her good hand.

“Just dandy, how’s your hand?” he asked. Alison had told him what she had done the morning after he had woken up. Harry had laughed for a good five minutes.

“Sore.” Alison said and frowned, “and I started detentions today!” she said with mock excitement.

“How fun.” Harry said with a cheesy grin. Alison smacked him and made her way to Ginny, who had made up with Dean a few moments ago.

By the end of the week Alison was sure her hand was never going to heal. McGonagall had made her scrape off years of old gum from under the desks in her classroom, without magic. Seeing as Alison was right handed, and that was the hand she had broken, she was forced to use it the whole week.

Friday night when she finally made it back to the common room she was too tired to trudge all the way up the stairs. So instead she fell onto one of the couches. There was barley anyone left in the common room, which was unusual for a Friday night. Alison closed her eyes and gave a sigh of relief, she was finally done with detentions however her hand was throbbing.

“Shouldn’t you go up to bed?” a familiar voice asked her, Alison cracked open one eye to see Harry and his mop of black hair standing above her.

“Too tired.” She answered and closed her eye again.

“Sit up.” Harry said and gently pushed her feet off the couch. He sat down beside her. Alison groaned but sat up and looked over at Harry. They had been spending a lot of time together this year, especially when Ron and Hermione had been fighting, but now they hadn’t been alone in quite awhile.