Chapter Twelve: Dad, Homework, and Poison

A few days after New Year, Alison, Ginny, Harry, and Ron lined up beside the fire in the Burrow. This one time connection had been made to return students safely to school. Molly was the only one there to say goodbye, everyone else had to work. She dissolved into tears at the moment of parting, though she had been crying ever since Percy had stormed off.

“Don’t cry mum.” Ginny said softly as she hugged her.  “It’s okay…”

“Yeah, don’t worry about us.” Ron said, “Or Percy. He’s such a prat it’s not a lose anyway.”

Molly sobbed harder as she pulled Harry and Alison into a hug together, “Promise me you’ll look after yourselves, and each other.” She said between sobs, “Stay out of trouble.

“I always do, you know me I like a quiet life.” Harry said with a weak smile.

Alison flashed a smile as well, “Don’t worry Molly, I’ll be all right.”

She chuckled softly and stepped back, “Be good then, all of you….” One by one they stepped into the green flames. When it was Alison’s turn she shouted out “Hogwarts!” and caught a last glimpse of Molly before spinning away in the flames.

She came out the other end and fell onto Professor McGonagall’s carpet. Coughing a little from the soot she stood up and brushed herself off, “Evening Parker.” She said barley glancing up from her work, “Professor Snape had requested that you see him right away.” She said and smiled gesturing towards the door. Alison nodded and left the office without the others and instead of turning towards the Gryffindor tower she turned towards the dungeons.

Alison knocked on Snape’s door which was immediately opened. Snape stepped back and allowed her to come in. Alison gave him a small smile and sat down in her usual chair.

“How was your holiday?” Snape asked sitting across from her.

Alison shrugged, “Eventful.” She said summing up what she had experienced in one word.

“I heard you had a vision, and the minister came to see you.” It wasn’t a question but Alison nodded anyways.

“Can you tell me what the vision was?” he asked. Alison didn’t speak for a moment. She didn’t want to tell him. She didn’t want him to know what she was seeing incase it caused him to actually do it. So she shook her head.

“No?”

Alison shook her head again, “I don’t remember it.” She said softly as the vision swam to the front of her memory.

“No? Odd, that’s the first time in a while that you can’t remember, isn’t it?” Snape asked his eyes narrowing slightly. Alison nodded her head.

“Very well, what did the minister want?”

“To know why Dumbledore wants me protected. Don’t worry, I didn’t tell him.”

Snape gave his ghost of a smile, “Well done.” He said in a voice that showed some ounce of pride.

“I have a present for you.” He said and opened a drawer in his desk. He produced a thick package and set it in front of Alison. She picked it up, it was heavy, and began to pull away the wrappings. It was a book. Alison flipped the book over to read the cover, embossed in gold was the name Potions For Your Magical Creatures.

Alison gave a wide smile, “Thank you!” she said happily and looked up at it. Snape gave his grin again, except this time it wasn’t so out of place. Alison was becoming used to it.