Chapter Eleven: Christmas With the Weasleys

“What do you mean we have to share with her?!” Ginny spat at her mother. Alison cringed away from her heated tone. It honestly wasn’t a big deal.

“With everyone in the house you’re going to have to!” Molly nearly yelled back at her daughter as she made up the third camp bed that had been shoved into Ginny’s room.

“Why can’t she sleep in Ali’s room for the holidays? I thought that’s what we were doing?!”

“Yes dear, but Remus is coming and he really needs his own space. Just be pleasant.” Molly said with one last huff and walked out of the room. Ginny threw herself onto her bed with a loud groan. “Great. We get to spend Christmas in a room with Phelgum.” She said sarcastically.

“Gin, it won’t be too bad right? She’ll only be in here to sleep.”

“That’s when we talk the most! She’ll join in our conversations.”

“Gin, really? Calm down.” Alison said flipping open a book.

“I thought we left Hermione at Hogwarts.” Ginny said with a small smirk. Alison looked up from her book, “We’ve got a mountain of homework and I’d like to have it done before Christmas Eve.” Alison said and stuck her tongue out at Ginny.

“Very mature.” Ginny said with a chuckle.

“The two of you.” George said leaning against the doorframe, “I will never understand.”

Alison and Ginny both cracked a smile, “Good.” Ginny said with a smirk.

“Can I tear you away from your studies for a few hours?” George asked with a wink. Alison rolled her eyes.

“Where are we going?” she asked him setting her book aside.

“Oh I see, you’ll put the books away for George.” Ginny said from her bed.

“I see you all year.” Alison said and stuck her tongue out at Ginny again. Ginny stuck hers back out at Alison.

“Into the village,” George said with a smile and held his hand out for Alison’s, “We can look at all the muggle traditions.”

Alison smiled and grabbed a jumper pulling it over her head. She pulled mittens on her hands and then took George’s out stretched hand. “Bye Ginny!” she called over her shoulder. Ginny let out a grunt and rolled over on her bed.

“What’s the village like?” Alison asked as George led her down the path that led to the nearby village.

“Small. Quiet.” George said and shrugged. “I just wanted to get away from everyone.” He said truthfully. Alison nodded her head, “I know how that feels.”

“How’s school?” George asked.

“It’s school.” Alison said with a shrug.

“How’s dear old dad?” George asked with a smirk. Alison hit his arm lightly, “Confusing as ever.” She said honestly.

“What do you mean?” George asked as they came into the small town.

“He’s the main star of most of my visions lately. He’s always on the wrong side.” She said with a soft sigh.

“They don’t have to come true.” George said softly.

“They always do.” Alison said defeated. George stopped where they were standing and pulled Alison to him, lifting her face to look at him, “Let’s worry about Snape later.” He said with a soft smile, “I’ve missed being with you.” He said leaning in close to her.