Chapter Six: Some Gifts Aren't So Pleasant

Chapter Six: Some Gifts Aren’t So Pleasant

A flash of green light lit the Astronomy tower. Where else could they be? It was so familiar even a dream couldn’t erase the memory of it. Dumbledore shot into the air, almost gracefully, and then began to fall, over the tower and out of view. The green light faded and Snape was revealed, Malfoy standing beside him. They were surrounded by figures in black cloaks, only one recognizable, Fenrir Greyback. There was loud cackling, almost as if the owner of the estranged laugh was in fact insane. And then they turned and ran down the spiral steps.

At the bottom of the stairs was a disaster sight. A part of the castle was lying on the floor, as well as a couple of bodies. There were loud bangs and a number of screams. Suddenly Alison came into view, propped up against the wall, holding her stomach which was stained red.

“Make a choice!” A familiar drawling voice demanded. Alison grinned, more blood spilling from her mouth.

And then it went dark.

***

Alison’s eyes flew open. Slowly the room before her came into view, or rather the ceiling she was staring at. It was a familiar ceiling, though that probably wasn’t a very good thing. It was high and arched and Alison immediately knew she was in the Hospital Wing. It was also dark, and Alison was vaguely aware of a dull aching in the back of her head. 

A face swam into vision and Alison tried to smile, “Have I been out long?” she asked Molly as she peered down at her. Molly’s face was pale and worried. Alison gave a half smile and tried to sit up, but Molly stopped her.

“Don’t you dare!” she said color coming into her face once she realized Alison was indeed awake. “You’ve taken a hard blow to the head deary.” She said gently laying Alison back against the pillows.

Alison looked up at Molly again, “Did I miss the feast?” she asked. There was an amused laugh from her left and Alison turned her head, which granted her a sharp pain. However her face broke into a smile when she saw the familiar mop of red hair sitting next to her.

“Typical Ali, all she’s worried about is food!” George said and patted Alison’s hand. Alison stuck her tongue out at him just as Madame Pomfrey came bustling over to her.

“Oh good, you’re up!” she said grabbing a few bottles as she came. Madame Pomfrey poured out three different potions and handed them to Alison one at a time. George held her head up as she swallowed down all three, none of which tasted very pleasant.

“How’s the head?” Madame Pomfrey asked taking away the goblets Alison had just drank out of.

“Sore.” Alison admitted softly as the tall doors at the end of the ward banged open.

Alison turned her head slowly to glimpse Snape rushing into the Hospital wing, followed by Dumbledore, moving at a leisurely pace.

“I told you she was in good hands Severus. I’m not sure why you doubted me or Poppy’s abilities.” Dumbledore said as he caught sight of Alison wide awake. He flashed Alison a small wink as he reached the end of her bed. Snape moved right to her side, standing beside Molly and looking like he felt suddenly out of place. Alison gave him a half hearted smile that slowly faded when her vision swam back into view. She quickly shoved it aside in her mind and looked up at Dumbledore instead.

“You took quite a spill there Miss Parker.” Dumbledore said with a soft smile.

“Yeah, I was feeling a bit dizzy all morning. But I’m okay now.” She said knowing that Molly still didn’t know about her visions. Snape shot Alison a confused look as Molly began to fret.