Chapter Ten: Romance Is Thick In The Air

Alison punched the air, her face split wide with a large smile.

“YES!” Harry yelled out from his position near the ground. Alison turned her broom and sped toward him along with the rest of their team. Ginny sped past all of them and right into the commentator’s box. Alison fell to the ground laughing, unable to keep herself on her broom.

“We won!” Harry said happily looking down at her as he pulled away from Ginny. Alison could have sworn she caught a glimpse of embarrassment in Harry’s eyes.

“Come on!” Harry said and held out his hand to help Alison up. She beamed and took it standing up and pulling Harry into a tight hug, “We won!” she yelled into his ear. Harry chuckled and slung his arm around her shoulders as they walked victoriously to the changing rooms. Alison changed faster than the speed of light and rushed off with Ginny and Dean for the after party.

As they walked up the sloping grounds Ginny linked arms with Alison and sped up to catch Colin as well, leaving Dean behind them without a second thought. Alison smiled, Ginny hadn’t left Dean for her friends in quite some time.

“Ready to celebrate?!” Ginny asked excitedly pulling her best friends up the many flights of stairs.

“No.” Colin muttered. Alison smiled and nodded her head, “I sure am!” she said just as excitedly. Colin shook his head and gave the Fat Lady the password. The portrait swung forward and allowed them in. They were met with a loud chorus of cheers. Alison and Ginny grinned and each took a bow before grabbing drinks.

“Check that out.” Mary said coming up behind the two of them. She pointed over to the middle of the room, through a small gap in the crowd Alison and Ginny could make out Ron, and wrapped around him was Lavender Brown. They were attached at the lips.

“That bloody hypocrite.” Ginny muttered and stalked off in the other direction. Alison shrugged her shoulders and continued to chat with Samantha and Colin.    

A few moments later Alison caught sight of a bushy head out of the corner of her eye. She turned and watched as Hermione streaked past her without a second glance and sped out of the common room. Alison let out a soft sigh and went to follow after her. Harry stopped her by the portrait hole.

“I’ve got her.” He said softly and gently pushed Alison back towards the party, “Go celebrate!” he gave her a half grin and sped off without allowing her to question him. Alison shrugged and instead went in search of Ginny.

“Gin!” she called over the crowd trying to stop her friend from moving further away. Ginny turned and smiled at Alison waving her over. Alison fought her way through the crowd finally coming out beside Ginny.

“We’re going to start and exploding snap tournament, want to join?” Ginny asked. Alison nodded her head excitedly.

They celebrated Gryffindor’s victory well into the night. Alison won the exploding snap tournament. However it wasn’t until around two in the morning that people began to retire to bed. Alison had yet to see Hermione return. As the last few people wandered up the stairs Alison fell into a chair by the fire.

“Are you coming to bed?” Ginny asked standing at the base of the stairs.

“I’m gonna wait for ‘Mione.” Alison said stifling a yawn.

“Okay.” Ginny said and turned making her way up the steps.

Alison didn’t have to wait long for Hermione to appear. The portrait hole opened and Hermione climbed quietly inside still wiping at her face. She looked up and started when she caught Alison sitting in the chair.