Chapter Seventeen: Unforgivable Happenings

The next morning brought with it the start of the final term. Alison woke in the happiest mood she had in quite some time. They day flew by her and nothing could ruin her mood. She could even bare defense against the dark arts without any feelings of hate. Nothing penetrated her bubble of happiness until lunch. George and Fred slipped onto the bench next to her and Ginny. George flashed a smile and kissed her forehead, “Someone is in a good mood today.” He said raising an eyebrow.

Alison smiled at him taking a bite of her sandwich. Ginny looked at her brothers, “Did you talk to Harry?” she asked.

Fred nodded his head, “We’ve got everything planned. We’re doing it right after the last class.” Alison swallowed hard. She had forgotten what George had told her last night. She choked a little on her food and George thumped her on the back, “Alright there?” he asked. Alison nodded her head, “I forgot. About today.” She admitted.

Fred smiled, “It’s going to be great! We haven’t tested this yet, so there will be ultimate chaos!”

Alison nodded her head warily, “I bet it will.” She said trying to muster a truly happy voice.

For the rest of her day, Alison sat on edge. She was worried about Fred and George, what if they couldn’t get out and she tortured them? Throughout her entire Arithmacy class Alison was a complete wreck. She couldn’t concentrate and Colin noticed.

“What’s wrong?” he asked in a low whisper as they did book work.

“I’m worried.” was all she managed. When the final bell rang Alison rushed to put her stuff in her bag. She filled out of the classroom in front of Colin. Just as the first few students left there was a loud bang and several screams. Alison stood on her tippy toes trying to see. She was almost to the door. When she reached the door frame she stopped short. The corridor in front of her was no longer a corridor. It was instead a very large swamp. Colin, not paying attention, ran into Alison and her footing slipped. With a small scream she fell into the sticky swamp.

“Colin!” she yelled at him. Luckily their classroom was towards the end of the swamp and Alison was able to swim and climb out of it. Colin, levitating himself, met her at the top of the stairs.

“Gross, this is never going to come out of my hair.” Alison said wiping the sticky green mess off her face.

Alison was shoved once again and Umbridge came running into the corridor. She stopped short at the edge of the swamp and looked around furious. Fred and George were standing on the opposite end of the swamp, laughing hysterically. Umbridge’s eyes found them and she made a noise that sounded almost like a snarl. Alison jumped back stepping on Colin’s foot.

“You two.” She growled. The twins looked up at her, flashed identical smiles, and then took off down the stairs. Umbridge, shoving Alison again, went back down the stairs she came up. Alison, Colin, and the other students followed after her quickly. She wasn’t able to corner the twins till they were in the Entrance Hall. Alison stood in the exact spot she had when Trelawney was sacked. Those in the Great Hall for an early dinner spilled out. Soon they had created a wide half circle.

Umbridge smiled sweetly at Fred and George before turning to Filch, “Fetch the whipping papers.” She said in a dangerous voice. Alison saw George gulp. The hall was so quiet one could hear a pin drop. Filch was back in a matter of minutes, kissing the piece of parchment in his hands. He came up next to Umbridge who had finally turned to the twins.

“Do you think it’s funny turning the corridor into a swamp?!” she asked in a shrill voice.

Fred answered her, “Yeah, actually, we think it’s quite funny.” Alison groaned, he was so thick sometimes.