Chapter nine: Disarming, Qudditch, and a Brawl?

The next morning on their way to breakfast Alison, Ginny, and Colin were stopped by Harry. He looked happier than Alison had seen him all year.

“I’ve found a place!” he exclaimed falling into step next to them, “It’s perfect.”

“A place for what?” Colin asked.

“The meetings! Listen on the seventh floor across from Barnabas the Barmey is a stretch of bare wall. Walk across it three times while thinking I need the place where we’re meeting. A door should appear after the third walk, that’s where we’ll be meeting. Eight on the dot, alright?”

He rushed off before any of them could answer, in a hurry he called over his shoulder, “Hey Gin, tell Michael!”

So that night at quarter of eight the three of them, plus Michael, made their way to the bare wall on the seventh floor. They walked past it three times, Alison thinking hard what Harry had told them to think. After the third walk by she opened her eyes to find a door in the middle of the wall.

“Here goes nothing.” Said Colin as he pushed it open and stepped inside. The room was large and spacious. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were already here, as well as the twins, Lee Jordan, and a few others. The back wall had a few book shelves, and there were tables with different devices that Alison had never seen in person, but some she had read about.

Alison sat down on a cushion next to George. They waited for a few minutes longer while the last few members came in. Once everyone had sat down the room grew quiet. Harry stepped in front of all of them and cleared his throat, “Well, this will be where we’ll be meeting. I see you’ve all found it okay,”

Hermione’s arm shot up into the air. Alison stifled a giggle, only Hermione.

“Er, yes Hermione?”

“I think we should elect a leader.”

“Harry’s leader!” Protested Cho.

“Yes, well, I thought we should vote on it, make it official. All those in favor of Harry as leader?”

Every hand in the room shot into the air, “There’s that.”

Harry turned to address them again, but Hermione had her hand raised once more, “I think we should also have a name, to promote unity.”

“Can we be the Ministry of Magic are Morons Group?” Fred offered. Hermione shot him a glare, “I think it be better if the name didn’t reveal what it is we’re doing. And something easy to refer to outside.”

“How about the Defense Association?” Cho offered, “The D.A. for short?”

“I like the D.A.” began Ginny, “But make it Dumbledore’s Army, because that’s what the Ministry fears most.”

Alison flashed Ginny a smile, “Good Idea!” she mouthed.

“All those in Favor?”

Alison raised her hand. Hermione counted the number of hands, “Majority ruled.” Then she wrote the name across the list of all the members and pinned it to the wall. When she sat back down Harry cleared his throat again, “So I was thinking that we start with Expelliarmus, the Disarming Charm. I’ve found it to be quite useful—“

“I don’t think that’s going to help much if we face You-Know-Who.” Zacharias Smith stated, rather rudely.

“I’ve used it against him,” Harry stated simply, “It saved my life last June.”