INFATUATED

By blue_ink_08

Studious, Pious, Beautiful, Introvert- enough adjectives to describe her. She gets tagged with 'TOO SERIOUS'... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter-1 : Arrival
Chapter-2 : The Beginning
Chapter-3 : Determined
Chapter-4 : Second Time
Chapter-5 : Collision
Chapter-6 : Freshers'
Chapter-7 : The Wonder Woman
Chapter-8 : Is everything alright?
Chapter-9 : The Call
Chapter-10 : Getting Over It
Chapter-11 : Patience
Chapter-12 : Cost of the Favour
Chapter-13 : A Suitor?
Chapter-14 : Unbearable
Chapter-15 : Collaboration
Chapter-16 : Gate Unlocked
Chapter-17 : One step closer
Chapter-18 : Recompense
Chapter-19 : Cast Down
Chapter-20 : Flam?
Chapter-21 : Back to the Pavilion
Chapter-22 : I see the light
Chapter-23 : Dilemma
Chapter-25 : Cruxes
Chapter-26 : Stunned
Chapter-27 : Persuasion
Chapter-28 : The Chase Begins
Chapter-29 : Now What?
Chapter-30 : New Year, New Him
Chapter-31 : Palpitations
Chapter-32 : She who matters
Chapter-33 : Inexplicable Happiness
Chapter-34 : Intertwining Lives
Chapter-35 : Sponsalia
Chapter-36 : Pandemonium
Chapter-37 : Thunderbolt
Chapter-38 : Crestfallen
Chapter-39 : Explication
Chapter-40 : Persistence
Chapter-41 : Red Tomato
Chapter-42 : I love you
Chapter-43 : You Win
Epilogue
Writer's Note

Chapter-24 : Another Nuisance

276 23 5
By blue_ink_08

Shayba's P.O.V.

Ahhhhh at last!!! Done with exams..! Now a looooooong vacation is waiting for me.. Actually not that long. Just one month. I have the whole December in hand to spend a quality time with my family and old friends. The most important thing is, I'm going HOME....! No one except Nawsheen and Annaba can imagine how terribly I missed my homemade food and my personal bedroom. They have always been comforting me to stay strong and take everything positively.

Another good news is Annaba is done with her admission exams too and lucky she is, her dream of studying medical came true. She is soon going to join her medical college next year and for that, we definitely need to catch up as much as we can in this one month. Because who knows how busy our future life would be?

We have a department picnic in Coxs' Bazar at the end of the month to make the last few days memorable with the most senior batch a.k.a. Zawad bhai's batch. I am damn excited about this. Well obviously not because of him, but because it's my first picnic in my varsity life.

Mom has sent our car already that is waiting outside for me. I packed everything, literally everything such as my bedsheet, pillow covers, multiplug, curtain etc as I am going away from here for a long time. I need to wash all these raggery items that I used in this year. I completed all my packing yesterday to get things done quickly so that I can head out immediately after my exam is over. Now I just need to take my phone and purse and head to Banani.

Ahhhh mom's cooking, fridge filled with foreign chocolates, ice-cream and nutella, my own air conditioned room!!! My tongue is already dribbling thinking of these. I'm sick of eating hostel food everyday which are not even hygienic and Allah knows if they are halal or not because we can't see the background it comes from. I'm damn exhausted of eating the same routine food!

I found our driver waiting for me in front of the hall. He has been working for us since my being in the first grade of school. He adores the three of us siblings as if we were his own children. I am quite grateful to him now for watching over us whenever we went out though I despised it before because I didn't like it at all to be so cautious about my every move. I was angry with my mom for sending him as a spy behind us wherever and whenever we stepped out. But now it's evident that it was a duty for our own good that he had completed with due responsibilities.

When he discovered me in the black abaya, at once ran towards me only to snatch away the luggage from my hand, "Oh Allah, you don't have to carry that Shayba Ma. Why didn't you call me upstairs to bring it down??? Who told you to carry it by yourself?? You could have just called me and I would bring everything in an eye blink."

I chuckled at his allegations, "It's a girls' hostel, uncle. No male are allowed to go up." Then heard him mumbling something exasperating. Totally not happy with the circumstances huh? Poor fella!

Reaching home,I threw away my shoes in one side and bag on the other. I've already get rid of my niqab even before I steeped inside my house. Driver uncle said he will deliver my luggage to my room, so I don't need to worry about it either. Hence being completely carefree, I ran upstairs to meet my family. Ohhhh I'm sooo happy to finally be back home!!!

Mom and Anu seemed to be waiting for me for hours. Therefore after completing the inevitable part of screaming, hugging and squeezing up each other, mom started to garnish the dining table with her lots of delicious cooking. "Oh we are so fortunate that you are back Shai! At least mom is cooking something good now for your sake!" Bhaiya teased mom as if she had kept them starve all these days. I chuckled.

"Oh really?? What did you eat last night?? And the day before that, huh?? Who ate the chicken??? Did crows swallow everything I cooked?? Fine then, I would cook only bitter roots from now on! Then I'll see who eats and who doesn't."

Well that's a horrible warning,mom!

So Bhaiya had to apologize as soon as possible, "Ya Allah, forgive me!! I didn't mean to chafe you!! I was just kidding!"

Mom let out a loud sigh with a victorious smile on her face. To be honest, I have missed these melodramas of my family so much!

When I went upstairs after dinner, brushing my teeth and polishing myself with moisturizer, mom entered into my room silently. Well I must say this is an awkward event.

"I need to talk to you Shayba."

What's with that tone? Ya Allah I'm scared already!

"Sure. What is it mom?" I replied with concern.

"Look dear,"she sat on the bed beside me,"You are all grown up now. You will get married someday and then leaving your poor parents alone, you will start your journey with your own husband. The person you will have to live with forever! The person who will love you more than anyone else and treat you as a queen if Allah wills! You get my point, right?"

Well I know that!!!! What's next????

"Yes mom. But why are you suddenly telling me all these?"I asked impatiently.

"Because I am your mother. I have to search for the person who will match perfectly with my precious daughter. I am the one who has to give your pretty little hands to someone who will take care of you by any means if you put it in the halal way! That is why I want you to know that I never want you to get married to someone when you yourself don't give consent. You dismissed Rahat and I agreed to that even when I knew that the relationship between me and my friend would aggravate. I called her and rejected the proposal for your sake yesterday."she spoke gloomily but hearing her my eyes dilated so much that they almost fell out of their sockets.

"SERIOUSLY???? Ohh THANK YOU MOM!!!!! Thank you so much!!! I love you!!!!" I squeezed her tight in a hug squeaking,"Ahhhhhh thanks for understanding me ma!! I love you to the moon and back!!" and placed a kiss on her cheek. Finally this woman decided to give up on this stupid guy!

She chuckled seeing my expression. "Why won't I understand you? I begot and raised you after all."

I hugged her again out of extreme happiness and she spoke again, "But listen, I didn't do it on my own will. Sabbir too didn't like that guy, god knows why. He compelled me to reject the proposal. Unless I'd never have done that."

"Bhaiya did that? Oh he is the bestest in the world!!! Thanks to both of you!"

She stared at me for a while and then said,"You have to keep my one request then."

"What is it? Just mention. I'd do anything for you!"

"Tomorrow a family will come to see you. And you will greet them soberly with a smile on your face."

Heh???

Wait what????? Did I just hear her right?? Did she just indicate my matrimonial topics??? AGAIN?????? I thought I finally got rid of it!!!

"What.are you.SAYING MOM?!?"

"You can't say no. Your Asma aunty brought this proposal. I think this boy is a gem and so does your dad. Hence I invited his parents yesterday. He is a really eligible bachelor Shayba. One in a million. Look, here is his bio data. I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Ask Sabbir. He has seen his photo. A really handsome boy, right Sabbir?"she looked at the door to gain some support from him who was standing by the door all this time eavesdropping with Annaba. Like seriously Bhaiya????

"Bhaiyaaa????"I at once glanced towards him helplessly making puppy dog eyes hoping that at least he will come to my help this time once again.

"Ummm yeaa...h. She is right Shai."

"HOW COULD YOU?!?!?!" I yelled with vexation, "I thought you understood me!!!!! I don't get it!!! Why are you all trying to get me married so soon???? Where's dad? Does he want the same for me too? If you all want to bid me goodbye so early, then fine! Just tell me! I'll find a place for myself to live from now on! I won't come back from the hostel again if you want this so bad!"

Mom huffed,"You said you would keep my request and that's it. You won't break your promise now, would you? Remember the Quranic verse?? "Fulfill the promise. Surely every promise shall be questioned about."saying this,she got up."Now have a sound sleep. You can't appear tomorrow with black circles under your eyes. And yes, I want you to get ready before it's 4. They will come here probably at 4:30. Okay?"

I responded with nothing but staring blankly at her. What else do I even have to protest if no one listens to my nagging? I know this woman very well. If she utters something for once, she will definitely make it done, at any cost.

"Relax Shai. You may like him."said Bhaiya only to add some fuel to the fire.

"Shut up you betrayer!!! You all are SOOOO CRUEL!!!! I HATE YOU ALL!!"I cried out loud.

"Geez! When will you guys get mature? You already are in University. How long do you want to wait?" mom was fagged now.

"I don't believe this!!! How could dad agree with you???"

"Why wouldn't he?? The boy is a computer science engineer with an affluent background. He works in a multinational company and earns a lot. How can we refuse the proposal without giving it a try? Are we stupid like you?"asked she as if I were the only crazy one in this family.

I tried to raise an objection again but in vain as she brushed me aside and kept speaking,"You are turning old. The perfect age of getting you married is now or never. I wouldn't have fash so much about you if guys would only fall for your charm. But do you, stupid girl let that happen? No!!! You are all clad with black abaya and hiding your face with with piles of veils over it! I mean why are you such witless?? Hijab was enough till now! Why have you started to put on niqab then?? Do you have the least bit idea that guys would never prefer such a girl to marry who looks twice his age? A while ago when you appeared, our neighbor Sharmila bhabi was asking me if my mother came home or what!!"she breathed hard and continued, "Everyone wants beauty Shayba. And even if you have that, it's useless to possess. Then tell me, why won't I be concerned about you? After all you give me the worst headache among you three!"

I couldn't utter a single word hearing her. Wow! At last she has poured out her mind. Without giving me a second chance to speak, she waved her hand in the air and left.

Just great!

Struck with the reality, my heart cried out,oh how happy I was in the hostel before!!!!! Why the heck did I even come here?????? These people are so stubborn to get me married off right now! Why man???? What harm have I done to you?? I threw away the bio data from my bed and went to sleep completely ignoring Annaba. I wish at least she would have supported me! But what would she do? She is still considered the child of this family who doesn't understand anything and hence she doesn't get the right to have a say in any matter, though this girl completed her college by now. I guess every family creates this environment for the youngest member of their families. Huff!

_______________________________________

The next day my sleep got interrupted at the sound of my own ringtone. I stretched out my hand and grabbed the phone from the bedside table.

Nawsheen...? What does she need at midnight?

Well it wouldn't matter if I cut her call. After all sleep is more important than anything else in the world.

When I drift into sleep again, I heard my ringtone.

What's wrong with you girl???? Let me sleep!!!!!!

I took the phone and tapping on the side button,put it into silent mode.

The call probably ended by itself and then again started ringing.

Damn!!!!! She is so obstinate!!!

"WHAAAT?!?! Why are you calling me like crazy so late at night??? What do you need???" I yelled at the top of my voice.

"Night???? Damn it you idiot!!! It's 12 and a half already!!!!"

"Yeah right. So let me sleep!"

"Dumbass! It's 12:30 p.m.!! It's already noon!"

"Huh? Liar."saying this I took a peek at the wall clock. What the....! She is spitting the truth!

"Ugghhhhh... I came to bed late at night yesterday."

"Now will you please do us the honour to wake up from sleep, your majesty?"

I giggled,"Okay okay if you insist so much."

"Hurry up. I'm coming to get you dressed. I can't believe aunty left for shopping without waking you up. She should have known what type of a gargantuan you are."

"Shut up. And don't you even dare to come over for embellishing me! You know I'm not interested!"I spit my vexation at her. She is currently the only one who I can scold as much as I want to.

"Geez! You still are trying to protest? You know your mom too well,don't you? She ordered me to get you prepared for today. So stop spitting bullshit and get up. I'm coming."she hung up.

Well I know that she is right. I have nothing to do but obey my mom now. If I misbehave with my probabilistic in laws or even better, elope from home,she will never talk to me in the future and thus kill me with her all kinds of emotional torture.

So I got up and went to brush my teeth. My eyes are swollen from oversleep. Not bad! Wish this would remain when those guys come too. Mom forbade dark circles, but she is the one who proposed a sound sleep, right?

Nawsheen appeared within fifteen minutes and helped me first to choose a dress. After minutes and hours of my complaining and arguing, she forcefully picked a light green one and made me go to bathe immediately.

"Naw I really don't want to!"

"You have to Shai."she began acting sympathetic to me all on a sudden, "I know you and I both are not ready at all to be in a relationship, but look at us! Our moms are incessantly searching for a groom to get us married right this instant! I can totally relate to your mental state Shai. But let's just ignore that for now. I've seen your Siam's bio data. He's worth trying! Not like the old hag my mom brought for me."

I chuckled. And for the first time in my vacation, I found someone to lean on. Someone who understands my condition very well even if I don't say it out loud. This is the reason why we are besties, right? So I just smiled being a bit assured and went inside the washroom.

At sharp 5,the calling bell rang. I heard footsteps and loud chattering of people from the upstairs. Among all the things I hate the most, infraction of punctuality is number one. Argh!

Maybe like every other typical Bangladeshi girl, I should be nervous and shy now. Probably should feel a bit excited and jittery to meet the guy who has come to ask for my hand.

But in the reality, I am caring the least about the people waiting downstairs for me. Let alone nervousness, I am dying to end this chapter of my life as quickly as possible and be free from mom's glare. I don't care if they say yes or no, my answer is already prepared.

A clear NO!

Nawsheen put on black matte kohl in my eyes as I strictly forbade to add anything else. I am sacrificing my niqab for their sake. How much more do they want me to do??? And I don't understand why the heck do I have to put on makeup?? They have come to see my real version, haven't they??? Why should I deceive them putting on piles of face powder?

After waiting for ten minutes, I was called downstairs. Mom came and guided me to the living room with a huge grin on her face as if she had found a diamond in her hand. Putting my strict gaze upon the carpet, I feebly muttered Assalamu Alaikum to none significant.

"Walaikumus Salam dear! How are you?" The question came from my right side and so I turned to the voice. Finding a middle aged woman in sharee, presuming his mom, I awkwardly replied, "Alhumdulillah."

Should I ask her that too??? Or will it be polite to remain silent as a respective bride? Finding no solution to my confusion, I decided to weirdly stand in the middle of the room as I don't even know how to blush at this moment when I realized that my probable significant other is staring at me with intense gaze. Rather I was already out of my breath craving for elopement from this room as soon as possible.

"Sit here." A beautiful girl made place for me beside her in the sofa, possibly the guy's sister. I could feel at least fifteen pairs of eyes on me now. Crap! Has that guy brought his 14 generations to meet me????

They asked me several personal questions at a row and I patiently replied to them. Don't know about my other virtues but since childhood I never learnt the technique of how to treat people without manners and etiquettes even when my soul screamed to do so.

Finally mom enquired, "Do you want to ask Siam anything Shayba???"

I quickly nodded in the negative. Why will I??? The answer is already no mom! Till now, when I was talking with his family, my eyes involuntarily fell on that guy named Siam Hasan for exact two times and each time I found him brazenly looking at me. How dare he???? Hasn't he learnt to lower his gaze?? If I could,I would have got up and whacked his jowl. But now tied with the harsh reality, I had to sit here talking about my own personal affairs to his family with utter politeness.

To my astonishment, Mr. whatever risked his life of getting spanked by me as I heard him asking mom, "Aaah aunty, can I please talk to her for a private moment?"

WTF!!!! Has he the least bit of shame????? My head snapped up at him with burning eyes and then immediately took direction towards mom indicating her to say no. But who am I talking about? It's my mother after all. The woman I thought to be perfect for my whole life is now pissing me off every moment as if I had become a burden on them. She is too afraid that I will be aged and won't get such rich proposals after one or two years and hence trying her heart and soul to get me married ofg at any cost. I don't know, do all moms act the same?? Or only my mom is extra special???

She replied,"Sure sure. Why not? Shayba dear, get up. Show him the way to our guest room. Sabbir, follow her."

I glared at this order of her but she completely avoided me. Then I glanced at dad for help but he was way too busy in talking with that guy's dad. Lastly I gave a helpless look at Bhaiya and found him giving me a reassuring nod. Fine then.

Enraged with the situation, I got up and said gritting my teeth, "Sure. Come."

Opening the guest room,we two entered leaving Bhaiya at the door. I could feel the stupid smile on my suitor's face behind me which was making me all the more vexed.

"WHAT'S SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT MAY I ASK???"I gritted.

He became startled at my sudden transformation in behavior. Then gave me a nervous smile, not quite sure of what to reply to this monstrous state of mine.

"I'm sorry but are you angry with anything?" asked he, still afraid of my glare I suppose. Hehe!

"Just be quick about what you want to say. Please. I don't like to spend time with non mahrams."

"What is non mahram?"

"Argh! Forget it! Speak!"

"O.....kay.. I don't know how to state this but ummm...how are you?"

"THIS..... is what you wanted to tell????" irritation burst through my eyes.

"Not exactly. I just ummm... directly wanted to hear from you if you are agreed to this proposal or not."

"Why??"

"Ummm just like that..."he shrugged.

What's with that "ummm" in every single line huh????? Ruining my precious time for no reason! It's time to bid you goodbye mister.

"Look,I don't think......." Before I could ruin this whole matrimonial thing in one second by speaking out my mind, Bhaiya entered the room imposing a fake smile on his face,"Are you two done?"

"Yeah Bhaiya!"I smiled genuinely at him and then getting out of the room, headed to upstairs without looking back or showing the least bit courtesy.

Hell ya, Mr. Siam!

_______________________________________

Assalamu Alaikum favourites! So here is the update. My final exam is going on and look! Here I am writing my story leaving everything behind. :P

Do comment what you think about this chapter. Honestly speaking, your comments make me grin all day long. ^_^ Oh and don't forget to vote! :D

Love.<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...
252K 8.9K 17
Is it not love when the two made for one another find solace in each others' eyes? When they don't hurt but rather experience joy together? When they...
50.9K 5.7K 49
The things I knew that were once unethical, were bound to be saintly. The dreams I dreamt once upon a time, seemed to be an epitome of nightmares. Th...