Let Me Love You ✨|| Completed

By OldSchoolStories_

Previously known as 'THERE FOR EACH OTHER' "And when my eyes fell on you, I realised that all I ever needed i... More

Prelude
1. Her And Him
2. The Chance Encounter
3. Fault In Our Stars
4. After Affects!
5. The First Compliment
6. The Initial Realization
7. Unexpected Encounter
8. Opposite Sides of The Coin
9. Being Freinds
10. Baring Out His Heart
11. The Choice
12. Her Decision
13. One Step Closer
14. Family Bonding
15. The First Outing
16. Baby Steps To 'MaNan'
surprise surprise!
17. Engaged, Are We?
18. Swiping Her Off Her Feet, Again?
19. Pre Wedding Ceremonies-1
20. Pre Wedding Ceremonies-2
~a glimpse into the wedding~
22. Wedding Night
23. Redefining Intimacy~1
24. Redefining Intimacy~2
25. Pillow Talks
26. Twenty Questions
27. vulnerabilities!
28. my home
29. Love And Fear
30. Heartbreak
31. GREY!
32. Emotional Strength - Family
33. a beutiful embrace!
34. All Shades Of Dramatic
35. Beach Night
36. Perspectives!
37. His Scars ~1
38. His Scars~2
39. Letting GO
40. The after-effects!
41. Once more with feelings
42. Saudade!
43. the struggle of love
44. A few thousand flaws
45. The love nest!
46. Unchained melody!
47. The One Of Many Cracks
48. Rolling In The Deep
49. Still Not Black
50. A View More Clear!
51. The Sizzling Night
52. Paradise in making!
53. A Paradise So Serene!
54. Love, Love Everywhere!
55. Love stories!
56. A Sapling Of Hope
57. A Melody Like This
58. Tears and smiles!
59. Divorce!
60. Coming Clean
61. And the sun sets.
62. Letting You Love Me- the epilogue ❤❤
|63.The Fault In Their Stars- alternate end to LMLU|

21. Manik Weds Nandini

12.7K 1.2K 139
By OldSchoolStories_

~ From this day onwards you won't walk alone! My arms are going to be your home and your smile will be my peace~

Marriage is a big day for everyone. Of course it's more on a bride's part since she has to leave her home and move to a new house that she needs to turn into a home. Also from being the perfect daughter-in-law to a friendly sister-in-law and understanding wife, new responsibilities are bound to scare her off. But that doesn't mean the groom is any less afraid. The room that he had ruled for years would now be 'theirs' instead of 'his'. The messy cupboard needs to be cleared off. A new member is going to come to his home and on his responsibility. It is his duty to take care of her smiles and sorrows. The mumma's boy who used to call his mother even for a glass of water now is required to take care of someone else altogether. Isn't it frightening?

Well with all such chaotic thoughts, Manik was sitting in front of his mother and some other female relatives who were ready to shower him with water mixed with rose petals, sandal wood and other auspicious items. Haldi, kumkum and some oil was applied on him before the bath.This was a ritual known as mangalam snannam( purifying bath) that was followed in the tamilian tradition of wedding. After the ritual, he got ready in a white linen shirt and a white cloth with golden border wrapped around his waist with art an another white cloth hanging down his shoulder. No doubt he wasn't very comfortable with the outfit, but he was looking damn cute and ready to leave for the venue.

Nandini on the other hand was also awake by the dawn and sitting in front of her mother and other family friends and relatives for the mangalam snannam( purifying bath).

As the water descended down her face, an excitement started building up in her. It was after all her marriage. Done with the bath, she was quickly dolled up and she looked the prettiest bride ever in a red kanjivaram silk saree and other essentials. Soon she was taken down for the next ritual known as the gauri pooja! Here she was made to offer prayers to the holy goddess who is considered a symbol for purity for her happy married life.

At exact 6:30 in the morning, Manik entered the wedding venue and stood before the priest in charge while Padmini and other side of the bride family stood behind the priest. And with the most adorable face, he spoke the toughest words of the century.

"I don't want to marry your daughter.....I am sorry....I am going for a holy pilgrimage to kashi...", He spoke with a sad face making Nyonika and Raj chuckle as he grabbed a pair of slippers, an umbrella and some other necessities before storming out of the venue. It was another popular ritual called as the groom's kashi yatra!Though it was actually Nandini's father who was required to stop the groom, it was Rishabh who did the ritual for his sister. Rishabh ran towards the escaping groom and held his wrist.

" Manik jeeju...Don't do that my sister. She is really a gem of a person. Please. Come back and attend the wedding please...", Rishabh spoke with misty eyes while he stood with a stone face, trying hard to control his emotions. Though it was just a ritual, the tears in Rishabh's eyes showed how serious he was while he pleaded Manik. And Manik being Manik, five minutes into the ritual and he threw the slippers and the umbrella and turned back towards the venue.

" I am not letting her go anyways. I want to marry her ASAP ....", He said to Rishabh and everyone around chuckled at the over excited groom. Finally he came back into the venue and was welcomed by Padmini who stood in front of him and washed his feet with water, kumkum and sandalwood. Though he was throughout against Padmini touching his feet but he was sushed by convincing him that it was a ritual to be followed known as pada puja! After that, finally the to be bride was called in and Nandini came down in all her glory.

Now it was the time for the garland exchange which was popularly called maalai maatral. The bride and groom were made to exchange garlands three times which marked the way of their holy union. Manik was astounded to see Nandini in the South Indian bridal attire and he was literally elbowed by Kabir to exchange the garland since he was busy in gawking at her to be wifey. Nyonika and Raj laughed at their romeo son while Padmini smiled seeing the love her daughter would be showered with. After the exchange, the bride and groom were made to sit on a swing for the swing ceremony or the oonjal ceremony. The married ladies of the family offered milk and banana to the bride and groom and threw rice balls around them to ward off the evils.

Followed by this, it was time for the kanyadan ceremony.

Now as the priest announced the ceremony, tears filled up in Nandini's eyes. Padmini came forward and did the ritual handing her daughter's hand to Manik for eternity while Manik assured her that he would keep her daughter happy and safe. According the ritual, the daughter during kanyadan sits on her father's lap and the kanyadan shows that the father is handing over his baby daughter to the groom forever but since Nandini didn't have a father, her eyes filled and two drops came trickling down. Though Padmini had never left any stone unturned to be in the shoes of both a father and a mother, at moments like these, Nandini did miss her father, too much. But before anyone could notice her emotional state she dragged the corner of her saree and in an attempt to fix the pallu, she wiped the corner of her eyes unaware of the gaze on her. And then, Manik filled her hair parting with vermilion and tied the nuptial chain around her neck. Then Manik and Nandini stood up and took seven holy rounds around the sacred fire marking their union as the man and wife. And finally, Manik bent and held the left toe of Nandini helping her to tread on a grindstone kept near the fire.

This marked their union which would be as solid as a rock. The grindstone is compared to the entrance of their new home and every time she steps out if it she would be reminded of the new responsibilities she would now have.

With these, the wedding came to the end and the new couple bent down to take blessings from the elders. Nyonika and Raj blessed them with lots of love while Padmini shed some tears hugging her daughter and son. Nandini too turned emotional and even the earlier moment during the kanyadan made her state more sensitive and she broke down in her mother's arms crying badly. Manik himself got misty eyed seeing her crying so badly. Even Navya and Rishabh were in tears seeing her always strong didu in tears. But to lighten the atmosphere, Manik held Nandini by shoulders and wiped her tears.

" Offo there is still one more marriage left. If you guys keep crying this way, you will be dehydrated until the wedding...", He pouted and Padmini chuckled at him.

"True didu...Even the makeup would be ruined...", Navya exclaimed and Rishabh slapped his forehead playfully. Finally, a smile appeared on Nandini's face which lead to a reflex smile on Manik's face. Then the bride and groom were taken to two separate rooms to rest and get ready for the punjabi wedding to be held by the evening.

Few hours later Nandini was getting ready for the function but the heavy dress and jewellery were getting difficult for her to manage. Since she had always been quite simple with her appearance, the wedding attire was getting on her nerves.

" This dress is so heavy and so is the jewellery. Who decides to doll up brides this way?", She muttered angrily while Navya chuckled at her didu.

"Didu, this is the moment of wedding the heaviest dress and ornaments. You should be happy about it...", Navya laughed at her and she made a grumpy face. After a lot of persuassion, Nandini was finally ready in the bridal dress sent by her mother-in-law. And to be true, she was actually looking like the prettiest bride ever!

On the other hand, Manik was excited to get ready as the groom. After spending the morning in the south indian attire, he was more than happy to be in something comfortable and his own choice. Complementing the bride's Golden and red attire, he too was dressed in a golden and red sherwani and if you are thinking that we was looking handsome, mind it because he was looking drop dead gorgeous. Exceptionally hot and the dashing groom-to-be again.

And few minutes later, Padmini and Navya along with few others came to escort Nandini down to the wedding venue where Manik was already waiting for her, impatiently. Who wouldn't? Technically they were already married and yet he had to wait for another six-seven hours to see his own bride closely. But then the thrill of being married again also was exciting.
But as Padmini held Nandini by her shoulders, nandini reflexly clutched her mother's hands.

"Amma, I don't want to marry and leave you..",she said with tears threatening to fall down. Padmini laughed at her daughter making her pout.

"But beta, you are already married", she spoke and laughed while Nandini made a grumpy face.

"He will keep you happy...", Padmini said again and Nandini sighed know in that she was right.

So when Manik saw her coming downstairs with frown holding the heavy lehnaga, he couldn't help but smile at her cute expression. And within minutes, she was standing beside him. He didn't even realize when the hours went by as they did the ritual. Right from exchanging the garlands to the seven holy rounds around the fire, he was in a trance of her beauty and the blush that was making her red since she was aware of the constant gaze he had on her. And when during the rounds, she stumbled with the dress, he held her stable holding her hand tightly, silently promising her that he won't let her fall. She looked up at him and in between thousands of people standing there, a simple communication was held by their eyes. She gave him a smile and her words from earlier rang in both their ears.

" I know you won't let me fall"

After the holy rounds, he filled her already red hair parting again with vermilion and tied the nuptial chain around her neck. And finally, in all terms they were declared man and wife by the priest as they bent to take blessings from everyone. Nyonika wasn't present there since the mother of the groom isn't allowed to see the wedding and she waits at home to welcome her son and daughter. After the blessings, Nandini couldn't handle herself and she again broke into tears holding Navya and Rishabh close to herself. Soon Padmini held the trio close to herself and the Murthy family together shed tears. Nandini was going hysterical with an ache in her chest for leaving her closed ones. But before she could break down further, Manik came forward and she hid her face in his chest. For the first time she didn't protest and let him hold her, trying to gain some strength from him. Still holding her close, Manik moved towards the car since Padmini and Navya had tuned their faces. They couldnt see nandini going and even nandini had no strength left too. But Rishabh stood strong and escorted them to the car. He opened the door for Manik and Nandini and as Manik settled with her face still in his chest, Rishabh looked at them with glossy eyes.

"I know I don't need to mention this but still jiju, take care of my didu. She had been strong for all of us and always thought that we didn't notice her crying ever. But please, make sure she never cries after this day...", Rishabh said and Nandini looked up at her baby brother.

" When did you grow up Rishu?", She spoke with hiccups while rishabh just smiled at his didu.

"Don't worry. I will take care of her...", Manik assured him and finally they left for their new home!

____________________________________
Finally they are married!
Three cheers to all readers who guessed it correct yesterday. And a big sorry to those who had a mini heart attack!
But see, they are happy married now.
And I am so excited for your reviews so please tell me how did you find the update?❤❤❤❤❤ inline comments would be welcomed too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
3.6M 253K 151
#01 in fanfiction on 23/02/18 Nandini murthy:-) A girl full of life and fun, wants to be independent and stand on her own feet. Loves her family. Man...
106K 6.3K 25
What happens if you love someone else and are forced to marry someone else? Same happened with Nandini Murthy. The girl who loved her boyfriend, Abh...
302K 29.2K 46
He is 25, she is 22... He is a Navy officer, she is a baker by profession... He is tall & handsome, she is short & pretty... He is calm & quiet, she...