Let Me Love You ✨|| Completed

By OldSchoolStories_

Previously known as 'THERE FOR EACH OTHER' "And when my eyes fell on you, I realised that all I ever needed i... More

Prelude
1. Her And Him
2. The Chance Encounter
3. Fault In Our Stars
4. After Affects!
5. The First Compliment
6. The Initial Realization
7. Unexpected Encounter
8. Opposite Sides of The Coin
9. Being Freinds
10. Baring Out His Heart
11. The Choice
12. Her Decision
13. One Step Closer
14. Family Bonding
15. The First Outing
16. Baby Steps To 'MaNan'
surprise surprise!
17. Engaged, Are We?
18. Swiping Her Off Her Feet, Again?
19. Pre Wedding Ceremonies-1
~a glimpse into the wedding~
21. Manik Weds Nandini
22. Wedding Night
23. Redefining Intimacy~1
24. Redefining Intimacy~2
25. Pillow Talks
26. Twenty Questions
27. vulnerabilities!
28. my home
29. Love And Fear
30. Heartbreak
31. GREY!
32. Emotional Strength - Family
33. a beutiful embrace!
34. All Shades Of Dramatic
35. Beach Night
36. Perspectives!
37. His Scars ~1
38. His Scars~2
39. Letting GO
40. The after-effects!
41. Once more with feelings
42. Saudade!
43. the struggle of love
44. A few thousand flaws
45. The love nest!
46. Unchained melody!
47. The One Of Many Cracks
48. Rolling In The Deep
49. Still Not Black
50. A View More Clear!
51. The Sizzling Night
52. Paradise in making!
53. A Paradise So Serene!
54. Love, Love Everywhere!
55. Love stories!
56. A Sapling Of Hope
57. A Melody Like This
58. Tears and smiles!
59. Divorce!
60. Coming Clean
61. And the sun sets.
62. Letting You Love Me- the epilogue ❤❤
|63.The Fault In Their Stars- alternate end to LMLU|

20. Pre Wedding Ceremonies-2

11.3K 1.2K 108
By OldSchoolStories_

~ when I look at you, my world stops! Because you, my dear lock, my eyes with yours and I can see the entire universe in them...~

Early morning next day, Padmini was making the final arrangements for the Haldi ceremony. Since Punjabis also had a separate 'chooda ceremony', it was scheduled after the haldi ceremony. As per customs there were many more rituals in between but since it was a mix kind of marriage of two completely different traditions, the families have decided to keep the necessary rituals only.

Now for Nandini's haldi to begin, it was important to have Manik's side of ritual done first. It was said that that the turmeric paste  bride used was sent by the groom's family after it has been touched and used a little by the groom. Hence Nyonika was trying to convince Manik to come down for the ritual but he was sitting in his room, making faces.

"Maa...why that paste? I wont come down. I have seen in movies. You all would act like all the revenge stored for years is going to be taken today itself...", Manik whinned horrified and Nyonika burst out laughing.

"Don't act stupid Manik...", She fake glared at him and Manik made a grumpier face.

" I am still not married Mom and you are already scolding me. I am not marrying. I was happy before...", He stomped his foot and Nyonika could barely control her laughter. Sometimes Manik was such a baby and this was one of those times.

" Offo Manik...Listen to me. Nandini is so beautiful isn't she?", She asked softly and he nodded.

" So after this haldi ceremony she will even glow more and I want you to be at level with her. And for that you need to come down, understand?", She negotiated like we do with small kids asking for chocolates and Manik finally agreed. He came down, made faces at everyone and sat grumpily but did complete the ceremony. It tickled him at times and he laughed at the touch on his neck at times. But somehow, the ritual was done and Nyonika breathed in relief.

( Just imagine Manik with similar expressios🙈🙈🙈)

On the other hand, Nandini was sitting amidst her family and friends ready for the haldi ceremony when the doorbell rang. It was Kabir who came to give the groom's haldi to the bride.

" Nandini beta, you know why this haldi ceremony is held?", Padmini asked her daughter lovingly and she shook her head.

" Because we believe that haldi will protect you from the devil's eye. It will keep you safe and sound until your wedding. This is why you are not allowed to move out of the house until tomorrw, that's until the wedding. Also the auspicious colour of the haldi is believed to fill glowing clolours in your coming married life...", Padmini explained it and Nandini nodded at her mother with a smile.

And finally Navya and other ladies of the house had ultimate fun colouring Nandini in yellow and after sometime, Nandini was super irritated with everyone rubbing it over her.

Padmini was laughing at her daughter's face initially but later came to her rescue. She helped her get up and than sent her upstairs for a proper bridal bath with sandal wood and rose water. After a long shower, Nandini came down ready for the next ceremony.

As Nandini came down for the chooda ceremony, which as per customs is done by maternal aunt and uncle, everyone frowned since Padmini didnt have a brother. But before any decision could be made Raj and Nyonika entered with a smile.

" Padmini, I wish to do it for my daughter in law myself....", Nyonika said with a smile, picking up the choodas and all the faces that were doomed lit up.

" Nandini, this chooda or the mix of white and red bangles that you are about to wear is a sign of your marriage. You will wear it at least for a month and a quarter after your wedding, though by customs it is needed to be worn until a year of marrige. Just like the sindoor (vermilion) and the mungal-sutra( nuptial chain), this is also a symbol of your marriage...", Nyonika spoke while making her wear the bangles and nandini smiled with glossy eyes seeing the love she was showered with from both her families.

No one complained that she had no knowledge of the rituals or bad mouthed her. Instead everyone tried to make her understand the hidden motives and beliefs that are the pillars of our culture. After the ceremony, Raj came towards Padmini with a smile.

"Padmini ji, since I did the ritual that was meant for your brother to do, I want you to understand that though we are in-laws, I will be there when ever you need a brother to look forward to...", He said and Padmini's eyes were filled with tears. Raj Malhotra was a Man of less words but his actions spoke itself.All around them people gaped at the love filled bond the two families were sharing. Padmini nodded and Raj and Nyonika took their leave to prepare for the big day of their lives.

In the evening, Nandini was sitting in her room, packing the belongings that she would take to her new home when the door of her room opened. Navya and Rishabh peeked in and Nandini smiled at them.

" Didi...?", Navya called and Nandini opened her arms calling both of them to her. They were almost like her own kids.

"What's with didi Instead if didu?", She asked and both looked at each other sheepishly.

" We are practising to behave mannerred", Rishabh spoke and Nandini looked at them in confusion.

" Next time to meet you we will have to come to your new home na, and we don't want anyone to taunt you because of us...", Navya explained and Nandini was almost reduced to tears seeing their love for her.

"And who told you 'didu' is not mnanerful? You both are well mannered as you are and you don't need to do anything like that. Got it?", She said with misty eyes and the duo hugged the life out of her.

"We love you didu and we will miss you here...", They spoke together and nandini kissed their foreheads.

"I love you guys too...And I will meet you na everyday. You won't get the chance to miss me...", She spoke lovingly.

" Ohh so melodrama already at its peak...", Padmini commented from the door and the trio laughed at their mother. Padmini came in and embraced the three musketeers of her life.

" Nandini beta, tomorrow you will have the responsibility of a new family along with us.  Just remember that at times you may have to compromise. You may have to adjust. And you would need to do that. Okay? But this doesn't mean to not stand up for your individuality and your wishes, though I know I need not worry for you....", She spoke patting her head and Nandini smiled at her mother. In the next moment, she was lying down in the safest heaven and crying her heart out. Even Padmini and the evil twins had tears running down their faces but they knew it was a new beginning and a new sun would welcome them the next morning.

It was 11:30 by the time Nandini was ready to sleep when a message beeped.

"Dear to be wifey,
I know you might be emotional and stressed with all this chaos around us. But don't be. I am there for you. I will hold your hand whenever you will stumble or whenever you will be scared to take the next step. And don't worry about our family there. We will together take care of them.

With love,
Your to be husband..."

A smile made its way on her face and for the first time, she actually blushed at the thought of him. Typing, delteing and retyping, she couldn't even frame a reply when a new message came.

" You don't need to worry about the reply. Typing and deleting hundreds of time, don't worry....Your welcome.."

She laughed at him and finally drifted to a a peaceful sleep.

The next Sun was going to actually be a new beginning of their lives.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
3.8M 207K 110
Hey guys ... !!! This is a story about how a betrayed impulsive and an arrogant Manik Malhotra starts to live his life after finding his shining armo...
104K 4.5K 15
Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy once loved each other crazily, but one day a misunderstanding took place and they both got separted. But after 3 ye...
28.1K 2.1K 16
Hello guys am starting new story about our own Manan It's about manan's arrange marriage. Manik Malhotra rich, rude, arrogant,spoiled brat, egoisti...