INFATUATED

By blue_ink_08

Studious, Pious, Beautiful, Introvert- enough adjectives to describe her. She gets tagged with 'TOO SERIOUS'... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter-1 : Arrival
Chapter-2 : The Beginning
Chapter-3 : Determined
Chapter-4 : Second Time
Chapter-5 : Collision
Chapter-6 : Freshers'
Chapter-7 : The Wonder Woman
Chapter-8 : Is everything alright?
Chapter-10 : Getting Over It
Chapter-11 : Patience
Chapter-12 : Cost of the Favour
Chapter-13 : A Suitor?
Chapter-14 : Unbearable
Chapter-15 : Collaboration
Chapter-16 : Gate Unlocked
Chapter-17 : One step closer
Chapter-18 : Recompense
Chapter-19 : Cast Down
Chapter-20 : Flam?
Chapter-21 : Back to the Pavilion
Chapter-22 : I see the light
Chapter-23 : Dilemma
Chapter-24 : Another Nuisance
Chapter-25 : Cruxes
Chapter-26 : Stunned
Chapter-27 : Persuasion
Chapter-28 : The Chase Begins
Chapter-29 : Now What?
Chapter-30 : New Year, New Him
Chapter-31 : Palpitations
Chapter-32 : She who matters
Chapter-33 : Inexplicable Happiness
Chapter-34 : Intertwining Lives
Chapter-35 : Sponsalia
Chapter-36 : Pandemonium
Chapter-37 : Thunderbolt
Chapter-38 : Crestfallen
Chapter-39 : Explication
Chapter-40 : Persistence
Chapter-41 : Red Tomato
Chapter-42 : I love you
Chapter-43 : You Win
Epilogue
Writer's Note

Chapter-9 : The Call

348 33 1
By blue_ink_08

Shayba's P.O.V.

I arranged all the forms and files till morning to evening to get everything ready for our very first surveying. Oh I'm super excited for that. Our topic is based on landscape architecture and I can't wait to see what comes next.

We are going outside of Dhaka to see some architectural heritage centers. Now it's just two days left and I'm counting down. Annaba was screaming on the phone when she heard that I'm going so far without her. I was laughing like an evil and telling her about how much fun our activities would be only to tease her.

The bus started at 8:30 a.m. We all were super excited for this. It was kind of a picnic. Being the CR,it was my and my three fellow classmates' responsibility to check everything out before we started.

We reached at our destination at 3:30. All our excitement and anticipations were banished when our teachers didn't give us anytime to rest and get refreshed,rather they told us to start working. What the heck man! At least let me breathe!

We had to measure up, draw and collect data as much as possible the whole day. The lunch break was only for fifteen minutes. I had to quickly pray my prayers and eat in such a little time. Argh... Now I really don't understand why the hell I chose this subject!

At night we got back at 8:30 but after taking dinner, no one had the energy to enjoy, rather went to sleep in an instant because tomorrow would be an even more restless day.

The next day was just the same kind of tiring and hectic as this one. I don't know about boys but girls had to sacrifice all their simple luxuries like makeover or hairstyling or even using a nice washroom for the sake of work which would be insulting to say only 'painful'. I was totally dehydrated and feeling giddy all the time. Thanks to Allah I had taken a full box of saline with me. Not only I, but too the whole team needed that.

In the evening, when we were finished with out work and returning to our rooms, Sir called all the CRs to have a meeting with him. Nooooooo!!! I'm tired as hell and I can't take this anymore! Mom!!!! I wanna go home!!! I burst into crying in the inside.

After two days of unbearable labor, we headed back to our university. No one could move a muscle in the bus as all were damn tired. How funny it is that the exact same people were so excited to come here two days ago!

When we reached at our hostel,it was 10:30 p.m. We got down from the bus, took our backpacks and went to our own rooms. Now I just need a sound sleep. Even an earthquake or a cyclone cannot stop me from doing that.

I can tell neither Annaba nor Nawsheen how my tour actually was... If they know the truth, they will kill me jointly with their ridicules... I fall asleep thinking about my future humiliation.

Zawad's P.O.V.

It's Thursday. So I have two days in hand to be outside of Dhaka. My classes were dismissed at 4:30 and then I quickly packed and got some things I needed. Without telling anyone, I went out and reached the rail station at 6:00. Now I'm on the train thinking about my whole life.

I am not feeling good at all. Something isn't right. What happened to dad? How much sick is he right now that he suddenly wants me to take on his business and fears of his life? How can he wants such a big thing from me when he knows it very well that I have always studied hard to be a professor at the topmost university of the country? Doesn't my dream matter at all to him?

On the way I was just praying to Allah to invigorate my dad so that he can be rigid and work hard again. It's been a long time I prayed to ask for something. The me who doesn't even pray the Jummah prayer every week, let alone the regular ones, has now no other option except praying to Allah.

I wanted to call Shayba and ask her if she knows any good praying quotes. She definitely knows such. She has to know. I wished her to be by my side right now and tell me something soothing to console me and give me hopes. But I don't have her number. Even if I did, I doubt if she would talk to me in this middle of the night or not.

I reached Chittagong at 3:30 a.m. I barely slept the whole way as my mind was devastated. I got down with my backpack and started for my home on a rickshaw. It's just a fifteen minutes journey from here. Everything looks just the same as before.

When I reached home,everyone was asleep. The guard was asleep too leaning on the gate. I shook his head and called,"Chacha(uncle) wake up! Open the door. It's me!"

He rose from sleep with horror and then found me in front of him. "You came?!?"his eyes dilated.

He opened the door at once and hugged me. Caressing my back,he said,"Our Abir is back! Ahhhh this building doesn't feel like home at all without you baba! Where were you all these days?" I could clearly see tears in his eyes.

"Whaaat? Won't you guys let me even study? Should I give up learning and live in this house forever to keep you all happy?"

He gave me a weak smile. He has grown older in these past 6 months. To be honest the whole house has.

Everything feels so gloomy as if someone is dead. I asked him,"Why aren't there any flowers in the garden chacha? And why are all the lights off? Is everyone dead in this house?"

He sighed. "Go inside. Your mom is probably awake waiting for you." saying this, he opened the main door with the keys.

I entered in. All the lights are off. Where am I? In a haunted house? I switched on the lights and went upstairs to my parents' room. I didn't even need to knock, mom spoke before that,"Is that you Abir?"

"Yes mom." I entered the room. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

"How can I sleep when I know that my one and only child is coming after 6 months?"she smiled and hugged me.

Ohhhh how I missed her touch! "You still think I'm a child?!?"

"Child or what? You don't even know how to pick out fishbones!"she messed up my hair and huffed,"You never wished to see my face in this 6 months?"

"Oh come on! Why wouldn't I mom? You know I was busy."

"Yeah right. So busy that you can't even meet your poor parents. If you had asked for a leave, your teachers would surely give you, wouldn't they? At least you could have come in the weekends, couldn't you?"

"Ok fine. I give up."I raised my hands in a surrendering way."I agree that it was my fault that I didn't come. I went to various places except here on my vacation. Now please forgive me!"

She huffed and said,"Fine! But now you will spend minimum a week here. Promise me!"

"Are you kidding me?!? How can I promise you such thing!? I have classes ma!"
She giggled and kissed on my cheek. "I know. I just don't want you to leave me alone."

"Now, how's dad?"

"As you're here for the time being,he'd be totally alright."

"But what happened to him exactly?"
She left out a long sigh. "Brain stroke. You know how much stressed he always is. He doesn't even listen to me for once. He had brain haemorrhage because of hypertension two days ago."

"And how come no one informs me about that?" I almost cried out.

"I... I was so frustrated back then that I thought... I thought he would die! I didn't know who to call for help..! I was so perished then....."she started crying. I hugged her tight and caressed her back.

God! How can life be so dejecting????

The next day I woke up at 1:00 p.m. I slept that long???? Well of course I would. I was so tired last night..

Mom came and said,"Awake?" There is no sign of grief or tension now in her eyes. I smile inside. Well that's my effect for sure.

"Yeah."

"Come and have lunch with us. Or should I say breakfast?"she laughs.
I smile back at her too. "Coming."

I brush my teeth and descend downstairs. Dad isn't here. Where is he? I peek a glance here and there but there is no sign of him. So I again head to upstairs and enter his room. "Dad?"

Mom is folding the bedspread where dad is on his bed reclining on some pillows. Suddenly a question pierce through my heart. Can't he get up? He looks at me and his eyes glisten at once.

"Abir! You're home...!"he stretches his right hand towards me.
Moving towards him, I sit on the bed while he keeps his hand on my back.

"How are you feeling now dad?"

"I'm good. What about you?"

"Good." I keep quiet for a while. Then ask,"What did the doctor say?"

"I don't know."he sighs. "I think I won't live any longer."

"Will you stop talking nonsense now?" Mom becomes totally vexed in an instant. "For the sake of Allah, you'd be all well by now if you had just prayed to Allah without saying gibberish and negative things all the time."

"She's right dad. I don't understand why you are breaking down so easily. You were so strong before!"

He sighs again.

"Now will you please get up? Come, eat with me. I'm damn hungry!"

"I can't."he whispers to himself; being almost teary eyed. Gazing down on his legs he utters,"I can't move my legs. Neither do I think I will ever be able to. I think the lower part of mine is paralyzing gradually."

I couldn't talk for a minute as if thunder fell upon my head. My dad is getting paralyzed? This tall,firm, farouche man won't be able to move by himself anymore? What kind of cruelty of nature is this?

"Wh....what are you saying dad? Just try to move your legs... Here, let me help you...."

But I find his body as stiff as a lifeless person. My heart starts beating faster. I didn't want him to be scared at this time but the truth is I have started to lose my hopes too.

"It's ok dad. If you try to move by yourself repeatedly, it'll get better soon."

His vision was blank, as if he did not hear what I said....

In the afternoon I called dad's private assistant to hear about all the issues. He is a young, apt guy named Mahmud. Probably ten years older than me. He has been dad's right hand since four years.

I asked him, "Mahmud bhai, you can see what has happened to dad. What do you suggest now? I can't leave my studying to be here now..."

"Well obviously I can't tell you to do that either. But this would be the best solution maybe."he gave me a bitter smile.

"Can you take care of it provisionally? I hope and believe that dad will be cured soon. He is not a person to break so easily. Look.... Mahmud bhai, I really need your support right now. I'll try my hardest to observe all the matters but it's your duty to get the actual work done. You understand what I mean,right? I can't handle this thing from Dhaka. Moreover, mom is always here to manage all these. But you just need to be the one to paddle the wheel."

He kept quiet, lost in his thoughts. "Mr. Khan is one of the most important persons to me in the earth." he finally spoke. "I never wished for his grief, rather I always helped him to move forward. I promise you I will do whatever I can to help you."

"Thanks a million, Mahmud bhai. JazakAllah Khair." I smiled and shook hands with him.

Shayba would be really happy if she heard me now, wouldn't she?

The next day in the morning I went to dad's office. Mahmud bhai showed me the area around and introduced me with the workers who take care of the supplied goods and deliver them to the customers. At noon I came to my house and sat in the lunch with mom.

Suddenly an idea blew my mind.

"Ma?"

"Hmmm?"

"How about I transfer this office to my hostel?"

"What are you talking about?" she frowned.

"Only if you help,I can manage this from Dhaka you know. Look,we only need to take the order from the customers online and deliver the products they ordered, right? Mahmud bhai will observe if the orders come timely from the manufacturers or not. YOU will be the one to sign things and make deals. But I can attend the meetings with the dealers online in a video conference and inform you everything. What say?"

She remains silent gazing at her plate. Still with her frowns.

"Oh come on ma! We can do this. Keep your trust in me."

Still no response. Argh this silence is pissing me off!

"Mom????"

"Your dad won't agree."

"Are you crazy? He needs your help now the most!!"

"Right. But try to understand Abir! I left working in this company a long time ago!"

"Yes! And I know this too that if anyone can hold this company now, it's you mom! You can do this! You are the coolest lady I've ever seen!"

She gets lost in deep thoughts and then finally brushing off her unusual serious look,she gazes at me with a smirk,"SO! When am I joining?"

My 32 pieces of teeth all came to sight as I grin at her. "Tomorrow's fine!"

She nods with affirmation and claims like a kid,"Then you have to give up the CEO's post to me!"

"CEO??? You would be the Acting President Madam!"

She grinned ear to ear hearing me.

Though I know that this business is totally going to ruin my studies as well as future career, I can't let my dad's company go in vain.

I rode on the night coach directing Dhaka. Everyone bid me adieu with their hugs and prayers. Dad was doing well too, his health improved impressively in just one day.

So I was heading to Dhaka happily thinking about the new steps I'm going to take in dad's business. I almost fell asleep when I got a call from mom and a penetrating scream shattered the calmness of midnight,

"AAAABIIIIIIR!!! YOUR DAD'S NOT MOOOVIIIING A BIT!!!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 39.1K 61
(Featured by wattpad) A twisted halal relationship (acceptable in islam) on the right side there's Tayba the beautiful girl,who wears her hijab as he...
379K 25.3K 65
"You're the never ending blue sky in my world." "Well then you're the green land completing me." Life was crude, a path of potholes and smooth road...
485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...
145K 7.9K 23
'Mum you can't leave me, how could you?', a gasp escapes her mouth. Her mother was the only one on her side but she too is gone now, she can't do any...