Let Me Love You ✨|| Completed

Door OldSchoolStories_

Previously known as 'THERE FOR EACH OTHER' "And when my eyes fell on you, I realised that all I ever needed i... Meer

Prelude
1. Her And Him
2. The Chance Encounter
3. Fault In Our Stars
4. After Affects!
5. The First Compliment
6. The Initial Realization
7. Unexpected Encounter
8. Opposite Sides of The Coin
9. Being Freinds
11. The Choice
12. Her Decision
13. One Step Closer
14. Family Bonding
15. The First Outing
16. Baby Steps To 'MaNan'
surprise surprise!
17. Engaged, Are We?
18. Swiping Her Off Her Feet, Again?
19. Pre Wedding Ceremonies-1
20. Pre Wedding Ceremonies-2
~a glimpse into the wedding~
21. Manik Weds Nandini
22. Wedding Night
23. Redefining Intimacy~1
24. Redefining Intimacy~2
25. Pillow Talks
26. Twenty Questions
27. vulnerabilities!
28. my home
29. Love And Fear
30. Heartbreak
31. GREY!
32. Emotional Strength - Family
33. a beutiful embrace!
34. All Shades Of Dramatic
35. Beach Night
36. Perspectives!
37. His Scars ~1
38. His Scars~2
39. Letting GO
40. The after-effects!
41. Once more with feelings
42. Saudade!
43. the struggle of love
44. A few thousand flaws
45. The love nest!
46. Unchained melody!
47. The One Of Many Cracks
48. Rolling In The Deep
49. Still Not Black
50. A View More Clear!
51. The Sizzling Night
52. Paradise in making!
53. A Paradise So Serene!
54. Love, Love Everywhere!
55. Love stories!
56. A Sapling Of Hope
57. A Melody Like This
58. Tears and smiles!
59. Divorce!
60. Coming Clean
61. And the sun sets.
62. Letting You Love Me- the epilogue ❤❤
|63.The Fault In Their Stars- alternate end to LMLU|

10. Baring Out His Heart

12.8K 1.3K 234
Door OldSchoolStories_

~ the best experience is falling in love, multiple times, but with that same person! ❤~

Lying on his stomach, Manik was slightly tugging his guitar while his mind replayed the scenarios from the evening. Nandini was the only face he could see every time he closed his eyes, her words was the only thing that rang in his ears and watching her smile was the only thing he wanted to do. And that, ladies and gentlemen, was Manik's Eureka moment. His mind travelled back to the first time they met.

The first time he saw her, he found innocence wrapped in maturity and he fell in love with her smile. The next time they met, he fell in love with her thoughts. Next it was her personality and independence on the world. Again, they came together and he fell for her family values. And every day henceforth he kept falling for her, deeper and deeper and today he fell for her shyness. And in the heat of that moment he realized, he wasn't falling for her. He was rising, higher and higher in his love for her.

Yes, Manik Malhotra was in love with Nandini Murthy, the girl who stole his heart without his knowledge. And now he was determined enough to take his revenge! She stole his heart and he would steal her last name, replacing it with his own! She was the person he wanted to spend his rest of the life with, the face he wanted to see every morning and the embrace he could loose himself into.

"I love her", Manik smiled to himself as he spoke the words aloud. No infatuation, no crush, no liking, he was in love. And he decided to let Nandini know, as soon as possible. Standing firm on his decision he decided to let her know the next day and soon slept off with a dreamy smile.

Next evening, Nandini was pacing around the library. There was a strange restlessness in her that she couldn't name. She was irritated and grumpy, but she couldn't understand why. Or maybe she did.

Manik Malhotra still hadn't reported his presence this evening and there was a little chance that maybe she was missing his smiles and talks. But then, it was Nandini Murthy we were taking about. How could she give her heart the previalge of winning over her conscious mind?

No, she wasn't missing him at all.

It was just may be a bad day for her. Library was near it's closing time and he still hadn't come. Grumpy or sad, she couldn't decide which emotion Was dominant but she silently collected her belongings and moved out of the library only to find her peace and tranquility coming back to her.

Because there he stood, in a white shirt and black denims, leaning against his car looking towrads her.  A part in her definately wanted to run to him and scold him for being late or hug him maybe, but then there was a greater part in her which knew she had no right to do that. It was his life and his wish to meet her. Afterall, she wasn't his only friend here. So with a formal smile she walked towards her and waved a hey.

" Hi", she greeted and he smiled. His face was reflecting pure joy and Ecstasy.

"Hey...", He replied enthusiastically and somewhere a tiny part in her her was hurt. She was missing him and he was so happy without meeting her. Her smile dimmed a little but then she was a master in hiding her emotions.

" Someone is very happy today", she winked and he blushed.

" I want to share something with you. Come with me...", He dragged her to the car.

" But where? And I will be late for home", she tried denying but he didn't pay heed to her complaints. The car drive was short and he stopped beside a park.

"What are we doing here Manik?", She aksed for the umpteenth time and he pulled her out before ushering them in. Reaching inside, he made her sit on the table and sat beside her.

" Nandini, you know I have always wanted someone to share my thoughts with without fear, someone to hold me close when I craved for some warmth, someone to love- deeply and madly and passionately. And now my search is over", he filled her with the details and searched her face for some reaction but she sat partly shocked but with no emotions at display.

"That's really nice to hear. Who is the lucky girl?", She spoke after 5 minutes with a small smile and he looked at her with a small laugh. He would need a lot of hard work with this crazy woman.

" You are really dumb, you know that?", He giggled and she sat, confused.

" Huh?", She asked and he stoop up asking for her hand and even she stood up, her heart beating irrationally out of fear.

This could not happen. No!

Unaware of her fear, Finally going down on her knees, he confessed his love with the cheekiest grin ever.

" Nandini Murthy , I, Manik Malhotra love you more than my heart can hold. I don't promise you to bring moon and stars at your feet but I promise to be there by your side in all the crests and troughs of your life. Will you please, give me the previalage of gifting you my sirname? Will you marry me?", He asked and Nandini was astonished. She didn't know how to react. Even after 5 minutes she couldn't form one coherent sentence to speak.

"Nandini?", Manik looked at her with hopeful eyes and she unconsciously took few steps back. Manik stood up seeing her face.

"Manik...i...I don't know what to tell you. I am...", She was stuttering when she felt him cup her cheeks.

"You don't love me, right?", He asked cupping her face and she looked him in the eye.

"Yes, I don't love you manik", she nodded looking down.

" Hey, you don't need to hide your gaze Nandini. I know that from the beginning that you don't love me", he answered, tucking her hairs behind her ear.

" If you know that, then why do you want to marry me?", She aksed, unable to hide her surprise.

" First answer my questions honestly and then I will answer yours, okay?", He asked lovingly and her heart almost melted at his soft voice. She nodded and he held her hand in his.

"Do you have someone else in your life Nandini ? Or had, that you are so reluctant towards love?", He asked, with a smile though it butchered his heart to say that. Nandini looked up in surprise at him.

" No Manik. I have told you before also. I have never been in love. I have no one in my life...", She replied hastily and it was like a full bucket of ice was thrown over his burning heart.

"Ok relax, I was just asking. So, why don't you want to marry me?", He asked again.

"Because I don't love you Manik. As simple as that. And you believe in all those love promises and cliche tales. You deserve a girl who will love you as deeply and as madly or as passionately as you do. I am not that person. I can never be that person", she spoke, horrified, angry and sad at once. Manik released a breath he was holding and smiled at her.

"It's okay if you don't love me Nandini . My love will be enough for both of us, for the lifetime I promise. You just be my friend, the way you are now. I won't need anything more from you...", He explained lovingly while she furrowed her eyebrows.

" Then why do you want to marry me manik?", She aksed him and he looked at her.

"Because I love you nandini. I want to share my life with you. I want to share your responsibilities with you. I want to give you all the happiness you deserve. Let me put it this way. You have heard right that it's always better to marry the person who love you than someone you love? In your case you don't have a love interest, so marry me! Simple...", He laughed at the end of his own lame explanation while even she chuckled.

Manik again cupped her cheeks waiting for an answer while she looked up at him, intensely gazing in his eyes, while she only fumbled and shifted her feet nervously.

What was she supposed to say?

Reviews awaited. ❤️

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

106K 6.3K 25
What happens if you love someone else and are forced to marry someone else? Same happened with Nandini Murthy. The girl who loved her boyfriend, Abh...
1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
4.1K 614 9
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that had the intensity of burning me to ashes." "He's the one to break me but I can't help falling for...
321K 23.6K 81
1st runner up in The Sapphire Awards.👑 Nandini Murthy. What should be said about her? An angel in the human face? A devoted daughter, a loving sist...