Romance One Shots

Від maddsymae

These are just little one or two chapters of cute ideas I have or dreams that I think are just adorable. My h... Більше

I Promise {1}
I Promise {2}
A Day at the Fair
The Boy on Stage
Time Just Stopped {1}
Time Just Stopped {2}
Just One Book
One Way Ticket to Love
My Best Friend's Cousin
My Daughter's Teacher
All's Fair in Love and Revenge
The Taxi Driver
Fun on the Fun Play
Friendly Strangers {1}
Friendly Strangers {2}
I've Got You Haven't I?
Sideline Love {1}
Sideline Love {2}
The Winning Kiss
When On Vacation {1}
When on Vacation {2}
Ariel
Cinderella
Jasmine
Hallow's Eve
The Cutest Ever
Christmas Surprise
The Play
I Fixed It
Stuck in Traffic
Play Pretend Please
Fighting to the Finish
Playing the Field
Mr. & Mrs. Confetti
Laser Tag Tango
My Fireman
Distraction
Valentines with a Florist
Highkey
Panic of the Corn
Pretty Please?
Movie Night
Sure Thing, Sweetheart
Just a Little Favor
My Perfect Half
Camp Tendaro {1}
Camp Tendaro {2}
A Slippery Slope
A Day at the Lake
When on Vacation {3}
Totally Tinder
A Trip to Spain {1}
Trip to Spain {2}
Trip to Spain {3}
Trip to Spain {4}
Trip to Spain {5}

My Momma is Smart

413 14 7
Від maddsymae

PhotoCred: maddixkelly

"Getcher cold stuff here, fellas!" I smiled as my son continued to yell at the construction workers across the street from us. We had moved into the developing neighborhood about half a year ago and even though being woken up by drills and hammers made moving tempting, I loved it here. Before this house we had lived with my parents and before that we had been unhappy in a small apartment. This was home.

"Whatcha got for me today, kiddo?" I heard a gruff voice ask. I smiled as I saw a regular customer of my son's step up to him. "How ya doin' Miss?" He asked towards me and I replied with a polite 'fine' before watching my son.

"Just the usual, Dave. Otter pops are on sale two for a dollar if ya want one of those." He popped open the two coolers that were sat on top of his wagon.

"I think I'll take a gatorade and two otter pops. Do you have the soda pops flavors today?" Dave asked as he retrieved his wallet from his back pocket.

"I've got all of the flavors." He points at a piece of paper that he had written the flavors on in coordinating crayon colors. "Even the weird ones that mom says are healthy," he whispered so I wouldn't hear making a face with his tongue stuck out and nose scrunched up. "She says they're organny." I stifle my laughter with my hand so he wouldn't know I could hear him.

"Gross! My wife tried to get me to eat organny stuff and it just tasted funky." Dave grimaced as he handed Boston some money.

"You can grab your things while I get your change," Boston motioned to the coolers as he pulled out his change box that was covered in stickers. "It was a buck for your gatorade and another buck for your otter pops and you gave me five so five minus two is..." he trailed off as he did the math on his fingers. "Three?" he spoke unsure, turning to me. I nodded and his grin grew as he got three dollars out of his box and gave them to Dave. "Here you go, Dave! Thanks for giving me your money!" I cleared my throat, getting Boston's attention before Dave responded.

"Thank him for his business, not his money, sweetie."

"Oh, right. Thanks for your business, Dave." Boston stood and held his hand out to Dave to shake.

"Thanks for keeping me hydrated, kiddo. I'd be a goner if it wasn't for you," he shook Boston's hand before turning and walking back to the construction site.

"Momma," I heard Boston say. I looked up from my book to him. "What does high-raging mean?"

"Hydrated means to have drank enough water that your body is able to be healthy even when it's really hot outside. Does that make sense?"

"Kinda. So to be hydrated is to not be thirsty?" I smiled and nodded at him.

"If you don't drink enough water and get dehydrated then you can get really sick." Boston nodded in understanding and turned back to his coolers. He placed his money box under his wagon in the shade as he shut his coolers so his product would stay cold. I held back giggles as he reclined his little lawn chair and put his sunglasses on so he could lay out.

"Don't worry momma, I remembered sunscreen."

"Thanks baby. You're the smartest." We continued to lay back for a couple more minutes before the real rush started.

"Hey little dude! I'm new here, what's good?" I glanced up and saw a well-built man in jeans and an olive t-shirt that clung to him attractively.

"Everything in my shop is good. What's your name?" Boston stood up and held his hand out for the man to shake. His eyebrows rose in surprise before he squatted down to his level, taking his small hand in his.

"My name is Jay. You?"

"Boston. What can I get for you?"

"Whatcha got?"

"I have Gatorade, Powerade, Otter Pops, Lemonades, and water bottles with the grown up Koolaid powder if you want them. I also got chips if you don't need a drink." He added as an afterthought.

"Alrighty well how about I get a lemonade and a bag of chips."

"Mkay. What chips?"

"Whichever is your favorite, I'm not picky."

"Well I like Doritos but mom says that we can only eat them outside cuz I get cheese fingers. Are you eating outside or inside?"

"I'll be eating outside," he smiled at Boston before turning to look at me for a moment. "The view is much better out here." I felt my face warm, unsure if that was supposed to be directed at me or not. My mouth dropped open slightly when he sent me a sly wink accompanied by a smirk.

Boston quickly grabbed a bag of Doritos and a lemonade and tried to count on his fingers while holding the items, making me smile at his small struggle to keep everything balanced. "That will be one dollar and two quarters," Boston set the items in his hands on top of the now closed cooler and pulled out his cash box. Jay handed him two dollar bills, watching as Boston turned to ask me if two quarters was the right change back and I nodded.

"Here you go, Jay. Don't forget to wash your fingers before touching any couches or your clothes when you eat those chips." My grin nearly hurt it was so wide.

"Thanks little man. You know, this is a real sweet gig you have going here. Who taught you how to run such a successful business?" he asked.

"My momma. She's real smart. She runs her own business, too."

"Oh does she?" His gaze shifted to me and I felt goosebumps run over my arms even in the midday sun.

"Yep. She doesn't sell food like I do, though. She sells pictures."

"Photographer?" he asked me.

"Graphic designer," I corrected, my cheeks warming at how raspy my voice came out. I motioned behind him when a couple more workers came up to buy some snacks from Boston.

"Sorry guys," he spoke, stepping out of their way before walking towards me. I was yelling at myself in my head to calm down and act collected as he bent over slightly, his posture putting him only a foot away from me.

"I didn't catch your name?" he asked me.

"Madison." I took his hand that he extended to me and gently shook it.

"You've got a real business man there."

"I sure do. He's the breadwinner of our family." I smiled as Jay let out a chuckle.

"Now, I'm sorry for the lack of subtlety but I really don't want to step on any toes. Is it alright if I take you out for dinner sometime?"

"Uh, sure." I couldn't think of a better response because my brain had ceased to function at that point.

"Great," he smiled, his eyes holding me captive. "I'll pick you up at seven if that's alright?"

"Tonight?" I choked a bit at how sudden it seemed.

"Any night. I understand scheduling being different when two people are involved," he motioned his head towards Boston. "Whether Mr. Business Man comes to dinner with us or not, I'm happy with whatever makes you more comfortable and works best for you."

I realized one second too late that I was just staring at him and not saying anything.

"Sorry," I sat up straighter since I had been resting my chin on my hand and was clearly ogling him like a dazed schoolgirl. "I think maybe we should go out just us once or twice before taking the little man."

"Of course," he responded.

"How would tomorrow work for you?" I asked.

"Perfect." His smile reached his eyes and my heart fluttered as his eyes drifted over the contours of my face. "I'll see you tomorrow, then."

"Okay," I said in a soft voice. He turned and headed back to the house across the street. I didn't even stop myself from watching him walk away.

"Looks like Miss Sickler likes the new piece of eye-candy," Ron, one of the contractors, teased standing near the line of men getting refreshments from Boston. My face flamed with the heat of my blush.

"You're such a bully," I laughed, leaning back in my chair again.

"If it makes you feel better, he's rather infatuated with you." Another worker spoke before tearing the top of his otter popper open.

"Really?"

"Yeah! The poor kid has been working up the courage to come talk to you all week."

I looked across the street to see Jay walk around the back of one of the houses.

"He's probably doing a happy dance now," Ron swiveled his hips, his boots making scratching sounds on the small rocks below his feet. I laughed along with the other workers but my mind wandered to my date the next day with Jay and what it was going to be like.

"Can't wait," I whispered to myself, my smile making my cheeks a little sore.

#VoteIfYaWanna

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

587K 4.8K 10
Just a collection of boyxboy oneshots I made! Happy reading! :) *** These stories contain romance between two boys. If you're not okay with that then...
270K 10.7K 21
°°°°° "I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his...
8.8K 172 48
~Some fanfics I'll never write~ Ever wanted to write a fic but never really had an original idea? Well, I'm the total opposite. I have the ideas, usu...
120K 2K 75
❁ this will be a one shot story thing, where I put all the ideas I can't do more then one-four chapters of, and this will be updated as I make them. ...