Withhold [H.S]

By nashlycam23

With•hold: Verb- Refuse to give (something that is due to, or desired by another) Synonyms: hold back, keep... More

[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 14]
[Chapter 15]
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
[Chapter 19]
[Chapter 20]
[Chapter 21]
[Chapter 22]
[Chapter 23]
[Chapter 24]
[Chapter 25]
[Chapter 26]
[Chapter 27]
[Chapter 28]
[Chapter 29]
[Chapter 30]
[Chapter 31]
[Chapter 32]
[Chapter 33]
[Chapter 34]
[Chapter 35]
[Chapter 36]
[Chapter 37]
[Chapter 38]
[Chapter 39]
[Chapter 40]
[Chapter 41]
[Chapter 42]
[Chapter 43]
[Chapter 44]
[Chapter 45]
[Chapter 46]
[Chapter 47]
[Chapter 48]
[Chapter 49]
[Chapter 50]
[Chapter 51]
[Chapter 52]
[Chapter 53]
[Chapter 54]
[Chapter 55]
[Chapter 56]

[Chapter 10]

628 10 2
By nashlycam23

Payton's POV

I stare blankly at his tall figure in front of my vision as I stand near the bed, gripping my hand around the soft silky bed cover. I watch as Styles walks around his room fast, grabbing objects and putting them away. I didn't quite know why I was watching him, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of him either.

I mentally cursed at myself for slowly starting to realize how attractive this guy really was. I couldn't say he wasn't though. He had dark green eyes that were so intimidating yet memorizing. Tanned skin that had tattoos decorated on it. Curly hair that looked like it was never touched yet it always looked nice. And a fit toned body.

I started to feel my heart beat faster as I watched him pick up his clothes and shove them in either his drawer or hamper. He then walked towards his closet and he began to take off his shirt, making it harder for me to look away now. The minute I saw his skin I darted my eyes back to the bed, fully ignoring his presence now. He's a criminal. He's dangerous and there should be absolutely no feelings or emotions towards him. He kidnapped you and he is terrible to you. Screw him.

I started to feel uncomfortable as I tried to focus on anything but him. He always changes in front of me! Isn't he insecure about himself in anyway? Doesn't it bother him that he's changing in front of a stranger that's a girl? Or does he not even care? Does he like the fact that it's making me uncomfortable?

"You can crawl in bed you know. I'm not forcing you to do anything else." I suddenly heard his voice after moments of silence. Hearing him startled me, causing me to jump a little and feel my heart pound roughly. I was praying I didn't say anything aloud. I wanted to talk to him. I know I wanted to. But I didn't know how to say it or how to word it. How could I possibly talk to him?

Oh yeah um sorry but no I'm not joining your gang, screw you I'm staying here and running away while you're gone. Yeah no. That won't work. I just don't know how to talk to him. He makes me uncomfortable because he's so intimidating. His eyes scare me enough. So does his deep voice and his strong body. He can pin me down so easily or pick me up and I hate that.

I'm just scared that I'll tick him off to the point were he will really hurt me. He hasn't hit me at all yet which is surprising because I thought that's what bad people do. But he still has grabbed me hard to the point where it hurt. So yes I can still continue to be afraid of him because he has hurt me before. Just not in some ways.

I opened my mouth to speak but my voice abandoned me. I had no words that wanted to flow out. He suddenly turned around and glared at me as he folded his shirt. I forced myself to stare at him and not his abs. "Do you want something from me?" He spoke again, this time raising an eyebrow. I shook my head before gulping.

He then eyed me up and down before laughing and turning his back against me. "I bet you've never seen a guy walk around with his shirt off have you sweetheart? You act so shy and quiet. It's quite funny actually." He chuckled as he put his top away before gripping his pants. I gulped, feeling embarrassed that he's got me figured out already.

"You have innocent eyes." He said before taking off his pants, officially making me look away again. "And that won't do Payton. But don't get me wrong, I totally dig your shy little self it's just, the gang will hate it." He said as he stared at me. "I don't need you to start liking me. You kidnapping me is enough already." I said before I lifted the covers and climbed in.

"Who said I like you darling?" He chuckled as he looked over at me. "What just because I kidnapped you and am holding you hostage means I like you now? Not a chance sweetheart." He said before tossing his pants in the hamper. "Good. Wouldn't want a criminal to like me anyways." I mumbled before covering my body up with the sheets.

He laughed before he walked over to me. "I'm sorry my dear what was that?" He asked, leaning down and pressing his knuckles against the mattress. I looked away and clenched my jaw, trying to ignore him. "Nothing." I mumbled quietly before continuing to pull the sheets over me. He suddenly scared me by gripping the covers above my waist tightly, leaning closer to me. "Repeat what you said." He demanded as I flinched. "It was nothing. Goodnight." I sassed before I turned around.

I obviously wasn't allowed to do that because Styles quickly snatched my shoulder and spun me back. "You answer me when I tell you to. You understand?" He growled as I widen my eyes a bit. "Let me go." I demanded back as I tried to push his large hand off but didn't succeed.

"I think it's funny how you think I'm going to like you. I'm just like this to you because it's fun and I know you're someone who is afraid of everything because you're innocent. And trust me honey I love toying with innocent people because they're simply so easy. And just because you're very good looking doesn't mean I will like you. You're just a little innocent girl who so happens to be my hostage. And you're not going anywhere till the day you die. So live with that because this is all you'll get. You're nothing more than an extra shadow in the house." He said as I felt tears in my eyes but I forced them back and allowed anger to rise inside.

I swallowed hard before I looked away and laid down. "Whatever. Say what you want Styles. It won't affect me. Innocent people are strong inside. You forgot to add that in your heartless speech." I said as I folded my hands together and pressed it against my cheek. He suddenly grew silent beside me while I kept my jaw clenched as I tried to block out his words in my head.

"And good luck trying to get me out of this house tomorrow because you'll need it. I'm not going anywhere with you." I said as I heard him chuckle darkly. "The hell you are. Don't talk to me like that. All I need to do is simply pick your ass up and throw you in my car. You're as light as a feather so you have no chance against me. You're easy to chase and easy to catch. There's no way around this for you. You simply can't hide from me Payton. Because like I said in my speech, innocent ones are easy." He said as I rolled my eyes madly.

"You won't have a chance, I won't go anywhere with you. I'll strap myself to this bed if I have to." I said. Styles suddenly grabbed my wrist tightly and he pushed me on my back before hovering over me. "You are coming with me tomorrow and you won't get the chance to even run. It's simple darling. If you tried to disobey me I would hurt you. So it's up to you really. Either you obey me and angelically come with me, or you stay as the pain in the ass that you are, and I'll have to beat you before throwing you in my car. You freaking choose." He hissed before squeezing my wrist and letting go.

He crawled under the sheets and turned off the lights before breathing loudly. "Fighting for myself sounds better than surrendering to a lunatic who is a killer." I said before I heard him madly huff. He then sat up and grabbed me, causing me to scream. He pinned me against the bed and straddled my waist before trapping my arms with one of his hands.

"Want me to show you what a lunatic is like?" He asked in a dark tone, causing me to gulp and tremble beneath him. "N-no I'm sorry." My voice grew shaky. "Then take it back." He lowered his voice. "I-I take it back. I'm sorry." I whimpered as he squeezed my wrists tightly.

"Good girl. Now behave this time." He said before he crawled off me. I breathed out in relief once the weight was lifted off me. I quickly crawled back to my position and laid on my side as far away from him as possible. I better shut my mouth before something bad happens to me. I started to tremble in my own skin as I stared at the wall and felt tears in my eyes.

I hate him. I hate this room. I hate this house. I hate these people. I hate everything here. I'm not happy and I feel worthless here. I'm being taken advantage of and being pushed around. I miss home and I miss my friends. If only they knew where I was they could help me get out of here. I just wish they were here to comfort me through these silent tears that I can't bare.

The next day

I made up a plan late last night when I couldn't sleep. At first I thought of literally clinging onto the bed for dear life till they left me alone but I realized that Styles wouldn't let that slide so easily. He says I'm as light as a feather so he can easily untangle my hands and throw me over his shoulder.

So I came up with another plan..... A better plan. I woke up earlier than Styles did, only because I barely slept last night since I was so eager to leave. I didn't bother packing my stuff because clothes were the last important thing I cared about. I can always buy more when I get back home. Escaping by myself is my only priority. I don't care about anything else.

I changed out of the clothes I was wearing yesterday and I quietly slipped on my black skinny jeans and put on a navy blue and white stripped long sleeve shirt before putting on my white converse. I kept looking over at Styles every now and then to make sure he wasn't awake and watching me change. And I was also praying he wouldn't wake up and catch me. That would be a nightmare.

I then silently walked towards the door and wrapped my hand around the cold knob before slowly twisting it. Once I gently opened the door, I slipped through the tight space I made so that it wouldn't squeak. I then closed the door quietly before looking from left to right. I walked down the halls and made my way towards the living room and kitchen before scanning my eyes around for keys.

I remember seeing a pair of keys being hung by the door not that long ago. I'm pretty sure that's one of the keys to the car. As I started to walk out of the hall and into the wide open space, I jumped when I heard a noise in the kitchen. I widen my eyes and felt my heart pound as I saw Malik close the fridge and flinch when he spotted me.

"Payton...... What are you doing up so early?" He asked before eyeing my outfit. He then narrowed his eyebrows before asking another question. "Does Styles know you're awake?" His voice went low as he watched me carefully. I started to clench and unclench my hands in nervousness as I looked around the room. Crap I didn't know someone would be up as well!

"Ummm. I uh.... I couldn't sleep last night so I just... Woke up early I guess." I said before looking up at him while cringing. I'm a terrible liar. He eyed me again before shifting. "Does Styles know you're up?" He asked again. My heart pounded rougher as our eyes locked. "N-no." I stuttered. "Hmmm. Well is he asleep?" He asked. "Yeah. I didn't want to wake him up." I said, still occupying my nervous body with my hands.

"Well we all wake up early anyways so you're not the only early bird in this house. The others are awake also so you got some company." He smiled as I frowned. Greaaaat. "Oh." Was all I could say. Dang It! This ruined everything! "You're welcome to eat whatever you want. I'm also shocked to see that you're already dressed for your big day today." He smiled as I looked down at my outfit. If that's what you want to believe. "Ha... Yeah." I said awkwardly before twisting my shoes.

"Alright well I'm gonna go change. Like I said, help yourself." He said as I smiled inside. Oh I will. "Ok thank you." I smiled politely before I looked down at his outfit to see that he was in his pjs. He then walked away and disappeared down the hall as I let out the air I didn't know I was holding.

I then rested my hand on the counter before I eyed the room again. I looked over towards the front door and my eyes widen once I saw 3 sets of keys on different hooks attached to the wall. Yes! I smiled as I began to walk towards the door but I stopped once I heard footsteps come in the kitchen.

"Good morning Payton. Surprised you're up." Horan said as he opened the fridge and got out a milk cartoon. I gulped as I turned around to look at him before screaming inside. Go away! I'm so close! "Yeah." I faked a chuckle before I felt my legs tremble when I glanced back at those taunting keys. I wanted them so badly it hurt.

"Want some milk?" He asked as I quickly turned my head to look at him. My heart stopped when I saw that he was already looking at me. "Umm, no thanks. I'm fine." I smiled lightly. My lips were starting to tremble also. I was so scared. "Ok." He shrugged before putting the milk away after pouring himself a glass. He then chugged the whole thing down before putting the glass cup in the sink.

"We're all getting ready for the meeting today. So we're going to be in a hassle." He said before smiling as I faked mine. "Looks like you're already dressed." He said, eyeing me. "Yep." I said before looking back at the keys then at him.

He followed my gaze before back at me. I held in my breath as we stood in silence for a while. Crap did I blow it for myself? Did he realize what I was thinking? Does he know my plan? "Well alright. I'll be back. I'm going to my room." He said before leaving as I sighed in relief.

I didn't waste no time anymore. I ran as fast as I could towards those set of keys and I ran my awaiting nervous hands over all of them. Crap there's so many. Which one do I pick?! I was nervously looking at each one of them, trying to recognize the one Styles had for his car. I shook my head before taking all of them, shoving them in my pocket before unlocking the door and running outside like there's no tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 16 21
They wanted me forever. They told me I would be okay. I was only trying to scare them. "Hello Love." Harry started. "Do you know what happens when y...
779K 38.1K 34
[Complete] "The only thing keeping you alive.. is that blindfold wrapped around your eyes." Louis agrees to house-sit for his parents during their we...
5.5K 278 24
"I'll take care of you just like you'd take care of me." ♥️ CAUGHT /Kôt/ past participle of catch. verb • come upon (someone) unexpectedly. • interce...
55.7K 3K 33
"You can run, you can hide ,but I promise you won't get away." This book is being edited atm you can still read it if you have it unless you want to...