The President's Daughter

By kmrahma

"Watch where you’re going nerd!" Someone said knocking me down, while sending my books flying. I let out a si... More

The Presidents Daughter
Chapter One: A Taste Of Freedom
Chapter Two: A Makeover
Chapter Three: First Day, Bad Impression
Chapter Four: Troublemaker
Chapter Five: A Day with Sarah
Chapter Six: New friends, Enemies and Thoughts
Chapter Seven: We Have a Deal
Chapter Eight: Paint-balling?
Chapter Nine: The Talent Show
Chapter Ten: Second Biggest Shock
Chapter Eleven: Make Outs, Run Away's and Casts.
Chapter Twelve: Fights, Confessions and Dinners
Chapter Thirteen: Making Things Right
Chapter Fifteen: Bears, Lost Children and Shopping Trips
Chapter Sixteen: Blackmails, Scoldings and Demons
Chapter Seventeen: Lost Winners
Chapter Eighteen: Panics, Softies and Rapists
Chapter Nineteen: I Loved Her
Chapter Twenty: Dances, Partners and Classes
Chapter Twenty-One: No Artistic Vision
Chapter Twenty-Two: Meet the Parents
Chapter Twenty-Three: Coffee's and Rainbows
Chapter Twenty- Four: Thomas Sweet
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Secret is Out
Chapter Twenty-Six: Thomas the Creep
Chapter Twenty- Seven: Tell me a Story
Chapter Twenty- Eight: Swimming in Belgium
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Roaming the Streets of Brussels
Chapter Thirty: Breaking News
Chapter Thirty-One: Sour Kiss
Chapter Thirty-Two: Hickeys and Bruises
Chapter Thirty-Three: James vs. Storm
Chapter Thirty-Four: Trust in You
Chapter Thirty-Five: Sleepover with Mr. Storm
Chapter Thirty-Six: Rainbow's Family Secret
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Realizing the Truth
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Your last Chance
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Together and Forever
Chapter Forty: Gavin "The Idiot" Storm
Chapter Forty-One: Fair Kisses
Chapter Forty-Two: Connecting the Dots
Chapter Forty-Three: Progressing Relationships
Chapter Forty-Four: Soon to Be Eighteen
Chapter Forty-Five: Meet My ...
Chapter Forty-Six: Resisting You
Chapter Forty-Seven: Lying and Betraying You
Chapter Forty-Eight: Loneliness is a Lonely Feeling
Chapter Forty-Nine: Forgive but Not Forget
Chapter Fifty: Shopping with Menstrual Cycles
Drinking and Driving Ad
Chapter Fifty-One: Prom Kisses and Disses
Chapter Fifty-Two: Lost Boys
Chapter Fifty-Three: Protests for Love
Chapter Fifty-Four: Graduation Celebrations
Epilogue
Thank You's/Questions

Chapter Fourteen: Bonds, Divorces and Apologies

953K 24.5K 12.8K
By kmrahma

Chapter Fourteen: Bonds, Divorces and Apologies

I looked at Sarah who was staring at me with wide eyes.

Should I tell her?

A part of me said yes, because Sarah would eventually find out my secet and she would be mad that I kept a big thing from here. But on the other hand, there wasn't really a big chance that she would find out. 

“Ben’s parents are close friends with mine. I don’t know how to drive so he takes me places.” I lied, straight between my teeth.

Sarah nodded her head. “Oh, that explains it! But, I still don’t get why he is so overprotective of you.”

I shrugged in response to her question. She thought Ben was overprotective of me? “I don’t know it’s because we are close so you know the whole he’s like a big brother thing.”

“Oh, well that answers my questions. I got to get going I am late for music.” She said, turning towards the direction she was once headed in.

I nodded. “Yeah me too, I am late for Algebra.”

“See you later Ali!” Sarah said, as she proceeded to walk away. “I am sorry for doubting you!” She called out.

I let out a chuckle. ‘It’s fine.” I muttered, softly as I watched her turn the corner.

I sighed trudging my way to Algebra. “Bad boy, bad boy; what you gonna to do? What you gonna do when he comes for you?” I sang remembering the previous conversation with Gavin, when I ran into him down this very hall.

I was a few meters from the classroom door when I heard someone call my name, my real name. “Alice?” I heard, a soft voice say.

I dropped my hand from the door handle and turned around to come face to face with Holly. She was staring at me with red puffy eyes, she was wearing sweat pants and a worn out hoodie and her hair was put into a sloppy bun. She looked terrible considering Holly always puts thought into her outfit everyday.

“Yes?” I answered, impatiently, kind of the way Sarah talked to me a few minutes ago. 

“Um, can we talk?” She questioned, fidgeting with her fingers refusing to look me in the eye. “It’s kind of important.”

I let out a sigh, nodding my head. “I’ll meet you in the parking lot after school. I need a ride home.”

Holly perked up after hearing that I’d agree to talk with her. Truth is I wanted to sort this whole thing out. “Great, I’ll see you there.” She said, giving me a small smile and turning around and walking away.

I shrugged as I watched Holly turn around and walk away. I then turned back around opening the door and heading into the classroom.

“Miss Clair, so nice of you to join us.” I heard, Mr. Jennings say sarcastically.

“Sorry, I am late. It won’t happen again.” I told him, truthfully.

I faced the class as I looked for an empty seat to sit in. The only available seat left was next to Ben.

“Miss Clair, can you please take a seat? You are already late, now you are just being disruptive.” Mr. Jennings said from behind me.

I nodded, my eyes scanned the class again, magically wishing that an empty seat would be thrown from the havens and I wouldn't have to sit beside Ben.

I would have to face him sooner or later, but I preferred to pick the latter option. I trudged towards my seat to Ben taking a seat and opening up my notebook. 

“Alice. You are going to have to talk to me eventually.”

I rolled my eyes. “Please be quiet Ben. I am trying to focus.” I said, to him turning to face the front, as Mr. Jennings began to speak to the class about balancing equations.

“Listen Ali. I like you and you might not feel the same way about me, but you have to believe me.”

“Ben.” I hissed, “You made out with not only my best friend, but Holly is my cousin too. I am sorry but I don’t like you.” The kid was really starting to piss me off.

“James, Clair!” Mr. Jennings called out, snapping at us. “Stop talking and face the front.”

We both muttered a quick apology under our breath and faced the front. Luckily after that Ben stopped trying to talk to me as I tried to pay attention to what was left of this class.

*

I was standing outside the school doors five minutes after the bell rang waiting for Holly. We both had Gym last period but Holly told me to go wait outside, due to having to go pick up some assignment for English.

“Ready?” I heard as Holly came up beside me. I nodded as we both walked towards her car in silence.

Once we entered he car and I was seated with my seat belt was on, Holly turned to me as if asking me if I was ready to leave. I nodded my head and she put the car in drive and pulled out of the school parking lot.

We arrived at the gates of the Whitehouse, Holly parked the car. I made no move to get out, knowing that we had to sort out whatever was going on between us.

“My parents are getting a divorce.” She blurted out, looking at her hands that were placed in her lap.

“What?” I whispered.

“My parents are getting a divorce.” She repeated, slowly. “That’s why when you entered your room, you caught Ben and I making out.” She said, with a small smile on her face.

“Oh.” Was the only thing that seemed to be appropriate to say. Yes, my favorite aunt and uncle were getting a divorce, but I didn't really find that a logical excuse to go and make out with my bodyguard and friend, on my bed.

“I was crying, and Ben was the only one there to consult me and it just happened.”

I nodded my head slightly. I felt a guilt ash over me as I remembered what Ben had told me about him liking me. “Do you like him?”

She nodded her head, a small smile appeared on her face. “I do. I never stopped liking him, even when he did.” She spoke, softly a dazed looked appearing on her face.

I managed to give her a small smile. “I am happy for you.” I said, feeling even more guilty, that Ben is refusing to give up on me.

“Alice, I am really sorry if I hurt you in anyway. You know the whole making out on your bed and how I accused you slept with Gavin. It was wrong of me to assume, and invade your private life.” She said looking at me with sincere apology in her eyes. “I am really sorry.”

I gave her a small smile, “I am sorry too. I should have let you explain, instead of kicking you out of my room before you even had a chance.”

Holly let out a small chuckle. “Thanks, I am just glad things will finally be able to go back to normal.”

I nodded my head. “I should get going the guards have been looking at the car for the last five minutes, like it’s from another planet.” I said, motioning my head to the two guards who were by the main entrance staring at the car.

She nodded understanding “I better get going too. I’ll see you tomorrow Ali-Cat!” Holly said as I got out of the car.

I laughed at her childish nickname she made for me, when we were seven. “Aright see you tomorrow Holly-Bear!” I said, chuckling. I was about to close the door, when I suddenly remembered something.

“Holly? Who else knew about the divorce?” I asked, unsure of her answer.

“If you are trying to ask me if your parents knew, then yes. They were the first people to know.” She answered.

“Exactly how long ago?”

“A week or two.” She said, shrugging her shoulders.

I raised my eyebrows, my parents had known for a week that Aunt Teddy and Uncle Jerry were getting divorced, why didn't they mention it to me? 

“Thanks Holls, see you tomorrow!” I said, finally shutting the door and making my way to the front entrance.

I waved as Holly backed out and drove toward the gates. She honked a couple of times, when she finally crossed the gates, I opened the front door on a search to find my parents. 

“Afternoon Miss Alice," A guard spoke, looking at me as I approached him.

“Afternoon.” I replied, “Do you happen to know where my parents are?”

He nodded his head, “They both went into the Oval Office a few minutes ago.” 

I nodded my head in gratitude. “Thanks.”

“I am sorry Miss Alice, but you can’t go in there.” Spoke someone from behind me.

“I’ll be quick I promise.” I responded to the guard standing a few meters away from me. I didn't give him a chance to respond because I had already opened the door and entered.

“Alice?” I heard someone say. I looked up from my shoes to see my mom looking at me with confused eyes. “Why are you here?”

“I had something to ask you.” I replied, glancing at my dad who was seated on one of the couches in his office. His eyes fixated on his computer.

“What is it sweetheart? Did something happen to you?” She asked, worriedly.

I shook my head. “No mom, nothing happened to me. But, something did happen to Holly.” 

“You found out about the divorce, didn't you?" 

I nodded. “Why didn't you tell me?”

“I- we thought that you knew already.” 

“Well, I do now.” I muttered.

“I honestly think we should stay out of this, after all it’s there family problem to deal with anyways.” My dad spoke, for the first time since I arrived.

My eyes widened. How could he say something like that? We are family, aren't we supposed to stick together when the going gets tough?  

“Dad, it’s your sister! How could you say such a thing?” I questioned, my voice beginning to rise. 

“Alice. Don’t raise your voice at me.” My dad warned, “I am in charge of a country. I have many duties Alice and Aunt Teddy isn't one of them anymore, she is a grown woman."

“So if I ever get a divorce is this how you are going to act? Like a country is more important than your own blood?” I questioned.

“Alice.” He warned. “You are not going to get a divorce because you will marry, a well respected man who will take care of you in the future.” He said looking back at his laptop.

“I am not five, dad. I can take care of my self. I don’t need a rich snob ‘taking care of me’” I said throwing his words back at him.

I looked at my dad waiting for him to reply, to what I said but he didn't he just stared at his laptop like me talking back to him, did not even affect him in the slightest bit. 

“Honey, why don’t you go take your brother out to the park or for a treat or something” My mom suggested, cutting into the conversation, probably because she didn't want it to start into a yelling match in a few minutes or something.

I nodded only because if I didn't I knew this conversation with my dad would end up even worse than it already was. “Alright.” I agreed, looking straight at my father who paid no attention.

“Remember to take one of the guards with you and be home by six, Thomas should be in his room.” She said, taking a seat next to my father and rubbing her hand on his leg, probably to comfort him or something.

I nodded my head, walking out of the room. “Have fun!” I heard, my mom shout as I closed the door.

I let out a sigh, as I leaned against the door. It seemed lately, I was picking a fight with everyone, Ben, Holly, Sarah, Gavin and now my own father.

I made my way down the hallway as I picked up the bag I threw on the floor when I arrived home. I made my way towards the stairs in search of Thomas. Once I arrived at his room door, I knocked waiting for his reply.

“Come in.” 

I pushed the door open, walking in. Normally,  I wouldn't knock on his door but I wanted to stop acting like a bitch to everyone and this was a start.

“Do you need something?” Thomas asked, looking up from his book.

I cocked an eyebrow at him. “You’re reading?”

He nodded his head slowly. “Yeah, what does it look like I am doing building a moose?”

“Well, then.” I replied. “It’s just that kids your age would be playing video games or running around in mud.” I told him truthfully, taking a seat on his bed.

He moved over and came and sat next to me. “I think we both established that we are not normal kids.” He replied.

I rolled my eyes. “At least I am trying to be normal, I am going to school.”

Thomas chucked, groaning into his pillow. “Shut up.” He muttered.

“Anyways I came here for a purpose, get dressed we are going to the park then for some ice cream.” I said patting his knee and getting up from his bed.

“What’s wrong with the clothes I have on now?” He asked.

“You are wearing dress pants and shoes, as well as a tie. What isn't wrong with it? Ten year old's these days, don't really consider that as things they would wear to the park. A funeral, maybe?" Thomas glared, at me in return. "Just change into some jeans or something and a hoodie and meet me downstairs in two.” I told him, walking out of his room.

I quickly went into my room and changed into something more appropriate to going to the park. I changed into a pair of blue dark washed jeans, a T-Shirt that said J’adore, on top of that I wore a black zip up sweater and paired the whole outfit together with my favorite black converse.

I then quickly braided the front section of my hair, until it reached my ear pinning it off with a bobby pin. My hair still wasn't long enough to pull in a pony tail, so braids would just have to do for now.

By the time I got down the stairs I saw Thomas and Ricky waiting by the door for me. Thomas took my suggestion and put on a pair of light blue jeans and a green hoodie, he was wearing a light jacket on top, due to being almost the end of February it was getting warmer but it was still a little chilly outside.

“Ready?” Ricky asked, us.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned, him as he opened the door for us, ushering us outside.

“I heard something about going to the park, and wanted to come along. Besides I need a little fresh air.” He said, getting into the driver’s seat of a small black car.

“It seems to me you hear about a lot of things.” I muttered, to no one in general.

Thomas and I took a seat at the back. It was a quiet ride to the park, with the only sounds coming from Ricky as he tried speaking in different accents. Don’t ask, because I don’t even know myself.

“We are here your majesties!” Ricky said, his version of a British accent. 

Thomas and I both got out of the car as we made our way towards the playground with a bunch of kids running around.

“I’ll be over there.” Ricky said, pointing to one of the benches were parents sit to watch there child play and interact. “I’ll leave you two to bond.” He said, walking away.

I turned to Thomas. “So what do you want to do?” I asked.

He shrugged. “I don’t know, because If I remember correctly. You are the one who dragged me out of the house.” 

“You were reading a book! You should be thankful.” I said, looking around the park for something to do.

I was scanning the playground for something we both could do. “Hey, how about some soccer?” I asked him pointing to a couple of kids playing on what looked to be a soccer field.

“We can’t just go up to them and ask if we could join!” Thomas argued.

I shrugged ignoring my little brother as I started to make my way to the boys. “Excuse me?” I called trying to get there attention.

Two boys turned around to face me, they looked to be eleven or twelve years old. “Do you mind if we join you?”

The two boys turned to each other and shrugged. “Sure. The more the merrier.” One of the boys said. “Oh by the way, the name’s Sam.” He said, pointing to himself. “And that’s Mark.” He said, pointing to the blonde kid who was now talking to the other kids pointing at me and Thomas. He was probably telling them about us.

“I am Ali and this is my brother Thomas. I said to the brunette kid, pointing at Thomas who was standing a few feet away from me.

“Cool.” Sam replied, smiling at us.

At that moment Mark came up from behind him with a soccer ball in hand. “Ready?” He asked, looking at Thomas and I.

I nodded my head,  “Ready as I’ll ever be.” I replied, following the boys while dragging an unwilling Thomas behind me. 

*****

Hello Lovelies,

I hope this is long enough! I tried to make it as long as I possibly could…. And don’t worry Christmas break is coming up real soon, so I plan to update twice a week! Thoughts on this chapter? I wanted a sibling moment with Thomas and Ali, and of course we needed more drama, so I had to throw that in there. THANKS FOR THE 200K READS AND OVER 4K VOTES MEANS THE WORLD! 

This is dedicated to @DetectiveThunder her favorite movie is toy story and Lion king and I love them both, I also so a lot of tangle and frozen fans… I didn’t watch frozen yet so no spoilers!

To win dedication tell me your favorite sport? And if you play it or not?

Oh also I have a new book, please please check it out… it’s called The Sound Of Music. It’s a short story so it should be finished by End of January.

Here is the preview: (PS: first chapter is up!)

Meet Skylar Andrews also known as the girl who can play about any instrument. Then meet Ayden Thompson a drummer in the school band. Ayden has what Skylar wants the ability to play the drums, and Skylar has what Ayden wants money. When the two offer each other a deal they can’t pass up, they learn something about each other that no one knows. What do you get when you stick a quiet, drummer boy and a girl with the trumpet? You get the sound of music and maybe something more…

Please Remember: Vote, Comment, Share and Fan! 

Thanks,

Xoxo_mysteriousgirl 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 9.1K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...
370K 5.2K 13
"Such a spoiled girl, aren't you?" He nipped at my ear causing me to gasp. My lips parted in shock. "I'm not spoiled." I protested adamantly. "No? My...
287K 7K 27
Megan attends college at Clemson University and she has a boyfriend, Christian, that she has been with since high school. She has the great best frie...
1.8M 93.9K 44
"New student, right?" the Principal asked me. I nodded meekly, hoping that he would turn out to be a patient suffering from short term memory loss an...