Chapter Thirty-Five: Sleepover with Mr. Storm

“Dad?” I asked, knocking the door to his oval office. When I didn’t hear him reply after a few moments I pushed the door open finding no reason to knock in the first place.

“I understand, but that isn’t going to solve the growing problem in Ukraine.” I stood patiently at the door waiting for him to finish with the phone call.

I haven’t really talked to my dad since the whole Ben getting shot thing. I also haven’t talked to Ben since the whole I don’t like you like that sort of way, thing. Normally, I wouldn’t really come to my dad’s office unless it was serious, just like last time when I wanted to ask him how you know when a guy likes you. But, Ricky and the other guy threw me out, before my dad could properly chase me out.

“Yes the United Nations is doing their very best, and I will come in contact with their President to see what we could do with the growing concern of the attacks from Russia.” My dad nodded his head, his eyes coming to contact with mine. “Thank you, and goodbye.” With that my dad hung up the phone, looking back at me. “What do you want Alice?”

I narrowed my eyes at my father as his eyes were focused on the papers in front of him. “Nice to see you too,” I huffed, silently. “The reason I am here is because I have a favor to ask you.”

“I am the President, I do not do favors,” My father, replied.

“But, you are however my father, and as a father you should do things for your only daughter.”

My dad let out a sigh, “What do you want, Alice?”

“Do you have access to see what demolition projects take place?”

My dad raised his eyebrows at me, “Companies are in charge of their demolitions. Not necessary the government unless it involves us of course. Like if they want to set up a new shop or something, and an old building is standing in the way of their plans they could buy the land and whatever happens to be on the land and have access to demolish it, but with the city’s consent of course.” He explained, “Why may you ask?”

“Well a friend of mine, use to dance at the building it’s called Linda’s dance Academy, and he-“

“It’s a boy?” My dad asked, looking up from his papers and at me. “You have a boyfriend?”

“I didn’t say he was a boy, I said he was a friend.” I pointed out.

“But he is a boy, and is your friend.” My dad, replied. “Alice, I do not know how I feel about you dating someone your mom and I never met…”

I rolled my eyes, my dad was always jumping to conclusions. “Did I not just say he was just a friend?” I asked, bewildered. He was beginning to act like Thomas, only older and having a lot more grey hair than a ten year old boy should ever have.

He let out a chuckle, just staring at me silently. As if he was in deep thought, “I will find out who bought the land which had the dance academy, I will see what I could do. But, I don’t however make any promises,” I nodded my head at his rule. “Good, now have something I want to tell you…”

I tilted my head to examine him, my dad rarely asked for me to do favors and when he did. It kind of worried me, “What is it…?” I asked, slowly.

His light eyes stared at me silently, “It’s kind of an apology sort of thing.”

“What?” I asked, getting a little bit confused to what he was beginning to say.

He let out a sigh, running his hands through his almost bald head. “Look, Alice. I love you, I know you know that. But, sometimes I do realize I could be a little overprotected and harsh. But, you are my only daughter and I don’t want to lose you…”