I Told You Not To Fall in Lov...

By xchaoticthoughtsx

"A girl and guy can never remain just best friends!" Two childhood best friends, born on the same day. Absolu... More

Cast and Characters.
I - Welcome to the World.
II - Happy Feet.
III - Best Buds, You and I
IV - The Ace Academy.
V - Crazy Four.
VI - Fun. Masti. Friendship.
VII - The Talent Parade.
VIII - Tremendous Twelve.
IX - The Weirdest Cricket Match.
X - Let's go to the Prom.
XI - Prom Night.
XII - The Bollywood-ish Proposal.
XIII - Holi Hai.
XIV - Exams Mania.
XV - Maldives, Here We Come.
XVI - Bridal Shower and Birthday Bash.
XVII - Henna, Bangles and Bhangras.
XVIII - Mehendi Night.
XIX - Big Fat Wedding.
XX - Summer Romance.
XXI - Can't love, Pizzas only.
XXII - Hugs, Kisses and Idiotic Friends
XXIII - Goodbye Maldives.
XXIV - Life isn't all about happiness.
XXV - Love is a trap.
XXVI - Farewell.
XXVII - She lied.
XXVIII - We meet again.
XXIX - ARENA was no more.
XXX - Memories don't leave me alone.
XXXI - Unspoken feelings.
XXXII - Sight Seeing.
XXXIV - Wedding Preparations.
XXXV - Night madness.
XXXVI - Haldi and Revelations.
XXXVII - I hate him.
XXXVIII - Back to my Home.
XXXIX - Shopping, Shopping.
XL - Drunken Kisses.
XLI - With you, is magic only.
XLII - I forbade you.
XLIII - Stopping her.
XLIV - The games of fate.
XLV - Hope never dies.
XLVI - Stop me.
XLVII - Together through the tough times
XLVIII - My Personal Augustus Waters.
XLIX - Last Goodbye!
L - Eternity.
Epilogue.

XXXIII - The Encounter of the enemies.

1.9K 109 51
By xchaoticthoughtsx

"Main jo jee raha hoon
Wajah tum ho..
Wajah tum ho.."
[I am living somehow
Its reason is only you
Reason is only you.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 33 |••

Eleana:

I changed into my casual shalwar suit. [Dress for women in subcontinent.] It had been a long time since I last wore typical punjabi clothes. Adjusting the dupatta [scarf] on my neck, I went to join the others on the dining table. There were only eleven of us so we occupied only a small portion at one corner of the dining table. The food was served and it was pure Rajhistani food. There was Rajasthani Curry. It was not a normal one. It was comparatively more spicy and pungent one as compared to the punjabi one. I tried it with some rice. It was heavenly. I had missed Indian food like anything. Food was the first and true love. I wanted to try all the delicious looking and mouth watering dishes so I took each of them in little amounts. Next I tried what was called as Dal Bati Churma. I dipped the round batis in ghee with punchkuti daal and Churma. It was the most appetizing combination that I had ever tasted. After everyone was done eating and relishing the mouth watering dishes, it was time for the dessert. The butler brought badaam [Almond] ka halwa for the dessert. It was made with dry fruits, suji, sugar and ghee. It melted on my tongue as soon as I took the first bite and it was so tasty that it could make anyone swoon over it. After the dinner, we talked for a while about the wedding and the preparations.

"Yar Kabir, adjust us all in a single room or two rooms." I was waiting to talk about this.

"When the guests arrive tonight, we would be splitting into two. The bride's side and the groom's side. You decide yourself where do you want to go?" Kabir asked.

"I am at the groom's side officially but it doesn't mean that I won't support Naina. I'll be with her every time as well." I answered.

"What a diplomat!" Kabir smirked.

It was decided that Aryan, I, Ricky, Alia and Obi would be at the groom's side. Whereas Ashar, Khirad, Varun, Shraddha and Maya would be at the bride's side. Kabir and Naina's parents and their guests were arriving today late at night. We sat in the living room and decided to watch a movie on the plasma screen. The guys were confused between Mechanic Resurrection and The Sucide Squad. We decided to go with the Sucide squad. Kabir played the movie and settled down on the floor cushions below. The guys occupied the cushions while the girls settled on the couches. I slouched in my place pulling the comforter over me because I was feeling kind of cold again. I must have gotten temperature again. There was no space left for Aryan except for the one a few inches away from me. Ricky moved to a side to give Aryan some space and he sat there. He was so near to me yet so far away. I wanted to feel him closer. I was craving for him for just once. I wanted to melt in his warmth that was radiating off his body. I wanted to feel safe and comfortable just once.

Was that too much to ask for?

The movie started. It was half way through when I felt Aryan grabbing my wrist. I was stunned. I couldn't move. My breath hitched in my throat. I looked down at him only to find that he was sleeping peacefully. I sighed in relief and let out the breath that I was holding. Ricky mouthed an "Awe" to me batting his eyelashes and I slapped his head with my other hand. Aryan shifted in his position to get himself comfortable and placed his head on my wrist while still holding it. He had a beautiful and heart breaking smile on his face. My heart melted seeing him like that. I moved my hand through his silky smooth brown streaked locks. I had missed doing this too. I used to do this all the time before. The whole time till the movie ended, I stayed in the same position. My whole body was sore because of that but it was worth it. At least he was near me. Even though he was sleeping but at least I was able to feel his presence close to me. After the movie ended, Ricky nudged his shoulder. He let go off my wrist without realising that he had been holding it all the while. The cars honked outside soon after, marking the arrival of the guests. We greeted Kabir and Naina's parents and other relatives and cousins. We were proceeding towards our room when Kabir was surrounded by his cousins and Naina was surrounded by her cousins. One of Kabir's cousins came with us.

"Hi, I am Geet. Naam to suna ho ga?" [You must have heard my name.] She spoke leaning her hand forward. We all looked confusingly at each other.

"Just kidding yaar, I ain't any SRK here. How could you have possibly heard of me? Aur itna darne ki Zaroorat nahi hai mujh se. Tum logon ko kha thodi jaun gi main." [There's no need to be scared of me. I won't eat you guys. I am not a zombie.] She giggled.

"Hi, I am Alia." Alia shook her hand.

"Hi, Alu. Don't mind me. I call everyone by their nicknames because I don't have one for myself. Jeez. And what about others? Did the cat get your tongues?" She continued blabbering.

We were weirdly fascinated by her and her constant bickering. She seemed like a complete chatterbox and immensely pretty. She had really big eyes that stood out in her facial features. I was already liking her.

"I am Eleana!" I spoke and shook her hand.

"Hi Elly, I love your name. It's quite unique. I heard you came from US two days ago. Haye, I want to come there too. It's been on my bucket list to celebrate new year at times Square." She sighed dreamily. I chuckled at her. "Sure, you are welcome any time."

"Ricky!" Ricky shook her hand.

"Oye Hoye, Ricky jee. Tum to baday cute ho yar. Main to kya, Tum pe tou koi b ladki flat ho jaye." [Ricky, you're so cute. Forget about me, any girl can swoon over you.] She smiled at him in a naughty way. Ricky looked dazed for a moment but she snapped back.

"Ab to hath chorh do mera. Itni bhi sundar nae hun main." [Now leave my hand, I am not that pretty.] She giggled poking his shoulder in a playful way.

"I am one woman man!" Ricky spoke in a dramatic way.

"Han, to maine konsa bola hai k main tujh pe flat ho gyi hun. Main ne bola hai ho jaye." [I know. When did I say that I am hitting on you. I just said you've the looks to make any girl weak in her knees.] She cleared the air by air quoting the words.

Aryan and Obi were looking at them amusingly. This was much more interesting than it seemed to be.

"Tum hamesha aise hi bakwas karti ho ya aj koi special occasion hai?" [Do you blabber all the time or is it a special occasion today?] Ricky asked narrowing his eyes at her.

"Bakwas to main humesha aise hi karti hun, per ab to special occasion bhi hai. Mere Kabir ki shadi hai. Ab to extra bakwas." [I blabber all the time like this but now there's a special occasion as well. Kabir is getting married so now I would blabber more.]  She giggled.

These two had clicked instantly. She was as much Punjabi as Ricky.

"Tum dono kya mujhe aise ghoor rahe ho?" [Why you both are staring at me like that?] She narrowed her eyes at Aryan and Obi.

"Kabi Sundar ladki nae dekhi kya? Han to hun main sundar ab kya karoon?" [Haven't you seen a beautiful girl before? I know I am pretty but what should I do for that?] She spoke dramatically. Aryan's face was a must watch sight at that time. He was amused by her, more like intrigued. I wanted to laugh out loud at his baffled expressions.

"Uh.. sorry?" He asked unsure of his own words.

"Arey, ye bacha to serious hi ho gya! Tera sense of humour to crack hai." [Oh, this kid got serious. Your sense of humour sucks dude.] She spoke.

"Is ka sense of humour to---" [His sense of humour is..] I paused myself from saying anything else as I noticed him staring at me.

Way to embarrass myself.

He wasn't even on good terms with me. Everybody noticed the wave of discomfort that passed between us.

"Main tumhain ghoor nahi raha tha." [I wasn't staring at you.] Obi spoke breaking the silence. "Main dekh raha tha k ye single piece kon hai?" [I was just wondering that who is this unique piece.] He smirked at her.

"Tu khud bhi to single haddi hai. Mujh se b patli kamar hai teri tou!" [You yourself are frail and willow-wild. Your waist is even smaller than mine.] Obi looked offended but then laughed it off saying that she was just jealous of his petite figure and sexy back. She was also laughing along.

"Sab ka intro ho gya..tum b to kuch bolo yaar!" [Everyone introduced themselves. Now you speak something as well.] She nudged Aryan's shoulder as we walked to the room.

"Aryan Khan!"

"Aryan Khan, as in Dr.Aryan Khan?" She spoke as her eyes turned into the size of tomatoes. He nodded.

"As in Dr. Aryan Khan, the neurologist!" He nodded again.
"Nae karo yaar, tum to itne chotey se ho. Wese ye jo doctor log hote hain na bohat boring hote hain. Na kisi se koi lena dena, na koi interest kisi cheez main bas kitaabi keeda ban jatay hain." [Don't tell me. You're so young to be a doctor. By the way, these doctors are very boring. They aren't interested in anything else but just become book worms.] She spoke gesturing vaguely and scrunching her face.

Alia giggled along with her and hi-fived her. "I agree with you!"

"Hey, I am offended. Plus there are two more doctors with us but they are at the bride's side." I spoke defending my fellows, Shradz and Varun.

"Par tum log to achay khaasay ho. Phir ye kyun itna Devdas type hai?" [But you guys are quite good then why is he so quiet?] She asked and everyone suddenly avoided the awkward topic.

Kabir entered just then and we sighed in relief.

"Kabir yaar, Tere dost achay hain per bohat boring hain." [Kabir, your friends are nice but very boring.] She complained.

"Tu in se 4 saal pehle milti to Tera opinion kuch aur hota." [If you had met them 4 years ago, then your opinion would have been different.] He answered.

"Really?" She asked intrigued and he nodded. "What happened now?"

"Nothing much. Everybody just became busy in their own lives." He answered nonchalantly. "Tu fresh hoja ja ke." [You go and freshen up.]

She grabbed her bag and took out her night suit. She came back after some time and damn she even looked beautiful in her night apparel. What she just wore was a simple white printed t-shirt with a Shalwar below it but still she managed to look amazing. I was jealous of her looks.

Alia, Geet and I laid on the opposite side of the room whereas Aryan, Ricky, Kabir and Obi were at the front. Today had been a very good and eventful day. I remembered that I had forgotten to take my medicines for today. I grabbed my bag and took out my medicines. Alia, Geet and I were discussing our girly stuff and gossips.

I placed the pills on my palm.

"Tum dawaiyon pe zinda rehti ho?" [Are you alive on these medicines?] She asked surprised, seeing the number of pills I was taking in. Deep down she said the truth. I was alive on these medicines only. I nodded grinning.

"Yar, these medicines taste like shit. How do you even take them?" She asked scrunching her nose at me. It was like a Deja vu for me when I was at the initial stage of my disease and Aryan used to force me to take the medicines.

We were at the resort in Maldives in our room facing the beach spending some cosy time with each other.

"Medicines!" He suddenly remembered and got up.

He brought the pills along with the glass of water. I had to take three different kind of medicines every day for a week.

"Aru! They are so yukh! They taste like shit. I don't want to eat them" I whined.

He shook his head "I won't listen to anything. You've to take these medicines or else I know my ways." He threatened.

"Show me what you have got." I said and tried to escape from there but he caught me right away and locked my arms behind my back.

"Open your mouth." He ordered I shook my head and closed my eyes tightly.

"Ena please!" He made a puppy face.

"No No No!" I was adamant. I knew I was behaving like a baby but I didn't understand the need to take medicines regularly.

"Ena! Open your mouth! They are not that bad." He said. He kept bribing me with different things and I didn't budge until he bribed me with the love of my life.

"I will get you three pizzas tomorrow." He said and I grinned widely.

Pizza was BAE, Pizza was life, Pizza was everything. I could let go of anything but not pizza.

I opened my mouth and he made me gulp those shitty pills and medicines. He placed the glass near my mouth and I drank it all in one attempt.

"You love pizza more than me?" He asked and I nodded proudly.

"How could you Ena? How could you? You broke my heart. First you compare me with Bollywood actors who are the age of my father, then you bring a new competitor. I am so disappointed. Tch Tch!" He faked hurt, shaking his head.

"Pizza jese koi nahi. [No one is like pizza.] At least it doesn't force me to do anything."
I frowned at him.

"Baby! It's a matter of your health otherwise I don't force you for anything. If you would have gotten a strict boyfriend than you'd have realised my importance. "Don't do this.! Don't do that! You are so fat. Don't wear exposing clothes. Don't eat chocolates. Don't interfere in my matters.Don't wear this. Don't eat too much....don't...."

I quickly shut him up by planting my lips on his. He was looking so cute while ranting about all these problems. He was moving his hands here and there making weird faces while mimicking the guys. He was pacing back and forth in front of me and I was just stifling my laughter. He would lick his lips with his tongue again and again after every sentence. I found it quite adorable. He surely was one of the people who never complained about anything. He just wanted to make the most of every moment.

I didn't know I was smiling with glassy eyes all the while thinking about our precious memory. Geet nudged my shoulder, "Kidhar kho gye ho Madam?" [Where are you lost, Madam?]

"Nothing. I just remembered someone." I answered honestly.

"Ek to tum baar baar kho jati ho, [You are lost always] Anyway I am too sleepy man. Need to sleep quickly. Otherwise one of us will go crazy tonight. Good night, sleep tight. Love you guys." She said and plopped on her mattress. I giggled at her. I was having a slight fever again so I took out another pill and gulped it down.

"Yar, Elly Geet says the truth actually. You eat a lot of medicines."

"Can't help it!" I shrugged it off.

"Ain't you sleepy anymore?" She asked.

"Nah, this Geet has done her job. Look at her. She's still murmuring in her sleep." We looked at her weirdly as she continued to fight with someone in her sleep while fisting her hands in air.

"Mere se panga le k tuje pata lagay ga k tune zindagi ka sab se bara paap kiya hai." [You have committed the biggest sin of your life by crossing my path.]

We burst into laughter as Alia recorded the priceless scene in her iPhone.

After a while, Alia was also sleepy, so she slept. Ricky, Kabir and Obi had also slept. Only Aryan was awake. I grabbed my hood and went to the terrace, only to come face to face with Karthik. Ricky's hard work of the day went down the drain. I tried to run away but he held me by my wrist tightly.

"Karthik leave me. You're hurting me." I spoke to him as I winced in pain.

"Eleana, you've been ignoring me since morning. Just listen to me once." He spoke. 

"Fine!" I huffed folding my arms in front of my chest as a self defence. "Say what do you want to do?" 

"I just want you to be my girlfriend. I don't know why you don't believe me but I seriously like you. I want you to be with me." He spoke genuinely.

"Look Karthik, I respect you and your feelings. But honestly, I don't feel the same way about you. I don't have any feelings for you. I have only loved one person in my life and I can't love anyone else." I answered him truthfully.

"Eleana, you have no choice than to accept my proposal otherwise I will have no option than to spill your secret in front of everyone." He smirked.

"You won't dare?" I asked him scared to believe him.

"Try me!" He smirked.

"No Karthik. Please. Don't do this to me. I am already facing a lot of problems. Please Karthik." I literally cried and begged him to get some pitiful or sympathetic looks but it seemed otherwise.

"Eleana, what's wrong with me?" He asked.

"There's nothing wrong with you except that I won't love you ever. I have my heart with only one person and if I ever get involved with someone else, then I'll be cheating on him." I answered.

"Eleana, don't test my patience. Otherwise I would have to force you." He said as his eyes showed a fire inside them. I was dead scared. I had never seen him like this.

"What can you do?" I challenged him which I regretted later as he pushed me to the wall with all his strength. My head hit the wall and I groaned in pain. Some whimpers escaped my lips as I let the tears wet my cheeks again. He had a tight grip over me. I tried to wriggle away but he only tightened his grasp on me.

"Listen to me now, you'll tell everyone in the morning that you're in a relationship with me. We are getting engaged soon. And if I ever see that Ricky mingling around you, I swear I will not think twice before beating the shit out of him and also your lover boy. I know who is he." He smirked at me.

"You don't!" I challenged him looking straight into his eyes. Although I was in pain, I didn't want to let my guard down in front of him. I couldn't show myself vulnerable. I already had had enough of this.

"He's Aryan. I know it!" He spoke and all the colour drained from my face.

Was it too obvious? 

"Now if you don't want to get anyone hurt. You have to listen to me. You'll tell everyone in the morning." He asked holding my face in his hand but his touch wasn't soft or comforting. It was harsh, too harsh.

I nodded as the tears streamed down my face because of the pain. He rubbed his palms roughly over my cheeks and wiped away my tears. Suddenly, he moved back abruptly as if he saw a ghost. I followed his eyes and I saw Aryan standing at the door. He fisted his hands and I could literally hear his knuckles cracking. His eyes were filled with rage, blazing with fire as he stood there. Karthik continued smirking at him.

"Look who's here! The lover boy we were talking about!"

And this was enough to ignite the fire in his heart. Aryan began pacing towards him. He grabbed his collar and pushed him to the wall at the same place where he had pushed me a while ago. He punched his face once, twice and thrice. I could see a light bruise already forming and bleeding lips. He was going to continue if I hadn't screamed at him at the top of my lungs to stop.

"Aryan, Stop this!"

He left his collar and pushed him away. He stumbled a bit but gained his composure. Aryan was enraged to the core, he went inside slamming the door hard. I flinched at my place and fell to my knees. I broke down realising what had just happened. I cried loudly and helplessly. I couldn't do anything. Aryan hated me more than ever now.

"See you in the morning!" Karthik spoke smirking at me as he wiped the blood off his lower lip and spitted on the floor. I went to my room silently and washed my face. I laid down on my mattress and pulled the comforter over the top of my head. I cried silently. It had become a routine of mine to cry silently every night, complain about my life, miss Aryan and then cry again.

I may be pushing you away Aryan but that's for your better because if you get attached to me, I will ruin you. Being away from you made me realise that forever with you was the most beautiful lie I ever told myself.
People told me that I'll forget you eventually but here I am, years later, harbouring the same feelings for you as day one. I never stopped loving you Aryan. My heart never stopped beating for you. I love you Aryan. I really do. I am sorry.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 2.2K 36
this is a story of 14 friends who never got separated even in their toughest times...or should I say they had their toughest time together! Thanks @v...
102K 7.1K 60
Love is not as easy as the movies make it seem. life happens and sometimes, you screw up, that too not once but again and again. And due to this you...
31.7K 2.6K 60
Welcome!! Welcome!! Welcome!! Welcome to my Thrid FF.. ' What's our Relation? ' Soo.. what is our relation?? A writer and reader relation?? Or frie...
7.5K 514 39
A girl who loved a boy since she knew the meaning of love. The boy who never looked at at her except an adoptive. Finally, after years he started to...