This Life

By DearHorribleLife

07-08-16 I'm Jamielyn Reign di Oscuro. I'm an Italian whose parents decide to move in... More

Welcome to My Life
Friends
Art Class
Another project? Seriously?
Groups...
Problems
Late
First hour
Goofing off
What happens in the shooting. Stays in the shooting.
Brewing Disaster
OMG
Inspiration
Hang-outs
We're going on a lil trip
The Hunt for Hairsprays
Camp-out
Art Project
Painting isn't a joke
In Too Deep
Preparation
We're All Calm
A/N
Arts and Studies
Turning Over To A New Page
Autumn
Occasions
Letter
Geography
Plan
Jamie
Kyle
Lights Out
Andrea
Art
Ideas
Extreme Measures
Day-off
Champions
Truth
Weirdo
Truth Untold
Truth Be Told
Ask Out
Skater Boy

Shorty

59 2 1
By DearHorribleLife

The moment Erin woke up, Jamie was already out of the tent. He got up and went outside.

"Morning sleepy head." Mike greeted him.

"Morning." He looked around and noticed that his friends weren't there. "Have you see-"

"They're in Daniel and Kyle's tent." Mike cutted him off. "I heard Kyle has a fever."

"Thanks." Erin muttered and walked to the tent.

"That's what you get for swimming in the lake at night." Agatha said.

The 3 looked down at Kyle who was having a high fever.

"Not my fault." He grumbled.

"Actually it is." Daniel took a thermometer and stuck it in Kyle's mouth.

"Guys Erin's here." Jamie said.

"Well let him in." Agatha said sitting beside Kyle.

"NO!" Kyle yelled, shaking and waving his arms around. But it was too late. Jamie already let Erin in the tent. "Nooooooo"

"And what happened to him?" Erin pointed at Kyle.

"Fever." Daniel crossed his arms. "'Cause he was being much of an idiot to swim in the lake at night."

"The bad thing is that we still have to buy a few couple of things for our project in family studies." Agatha pouted. "Unless....."

The redhead whispered something to Jamie and they both looked at Erin.

Daniel looked at Erin and said. "I suggest you run."

"Both of you are crazy. Do you know that?" Erin poked the two girls.

"Yup." They both answered at the same time.

"Why can't we just use Hans' van?" He pointed at the van they used to get here.

"As if one of us knows how to drive." Jamie scoffed

"For your information, I know how to drive." Erin glared.

"Oh really." Jamie stood on her tip toes trying to go to Erin's eye level.

"Come on. You can do it shorty. I believe in you." Erin teased

"Don't call me that." She said slowly.

"Don't call you what? Shorty?"

"I'm not short! You are just freakishly tall!"

"Nah. I think you're just really short."

"I'm not short!"

"Yes you are shorty."

"Don't call me that!"

"You know our difference in height is amazing. It l- SH*T! That hurts 'ya know!" Erin clutched his stomach where Jamie elbowed him.

"Serves you right." Jamie shrugged and went back to the park to find Hans and ask for the keys.

Agatha walked to Erin while laughing. "You know, this really takes me back to when you and Jamie first met."

* October 15 2014 *

"Come on Aggie. Let's go home." 12 year old Jamie pulled her best friend.

"Why are you so excited to go home?" Agatha asked.

At the age of 11 both were best friends. For some people, they can't recognize the girls from how they looked at this age compared to the present.

Agatha was a freckly little girl. Yes she still has her freckles during these days but she was more freckly when she was young. Her eyes weren't that bright and her hair was darker. Since she grew from a cold place, she was pale unlike these days where she's a bit tanned.

Jamie, on the other hand, was fresh from Italy. She was tan and she had a rounder face. She had bigger black eyes that looked like brown. Her hair was lighter and tidier. As she grew up, she became paler, her face became pointier, her hair and eyes became darker and her hair became messier.

"Well mom told me that someone's waiting for me at home. Someone special." Jamie replied. "So let's go."

While walking through the crowd in Lunetta High School, Jamie accidentally bumped someone. It just happens that the person was holding coffee. The coffee was spilled all over Jamie.

"Watch it! And stop being so reckless." The boy she bumped warned.

"You're the one who's angry!? Your coffee was spilled over me!" Jamie defended.

"Well it wouldn't have been spilled over you if you were looking at where you're going!"

"I was looking where I was going! It was you who wasn't!"

"Oh really? Well maybe I was looking where I was going but I just didn't see you 'cause you're so short."

"Short!?" Jamie stood on her tip toes trying to reach the boy's level. The boy smirked seeing her struggling to reach his height.

"See? What did I tell you shorty." The boy leaned and tapped her head.

"I'm not short! You're just freakishly tall!" She smacked his hand away. "And don't call me shorty!"

"Whatever you say shorty." The boy smirked and walked away.

Jamie was fuming. She wanted to ran up to him and punch him straight in the face, but Agatha held her back.

"Jamie come on." Agatha said. Jamie followed her even if she's still in a very angry mood.

'Who do he think he is? I'm not short. I'm 4'3! And he's around....5'2! Ok fine he is taller than me. But I'm not short!'

"If you're wondering, his name is Erin Brown." Agatha looked at her. " We have History together."

"Wait you had a history with him?! Agatha Lane what else are you not telling me!?" Jamie fake gasped.

"Not that kind of history! What I mean is History subject!" Agatha yelled

"I know. I know. Jeez. No need to be so defensive." Jamie held her hands up.

Agatha continued to walk.

"Unless it's true."

"JAMIELYN REIGN DI OSCURO WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!"

*present*

"Well at least she didn't hit you like that." Agatha said.

"I'm pretty sure she would have if she had the chance." Erin replied.

"Guys I have the keys!"

They turned around and saw Jamie already at the van. Jamie threw the keys at Erin and he caught it.

He opened the door and let the girls in. Agatha immediately sat down with Jamie following her. Erin hopped on the driver's seat and started the engine.

"Brown I swear, if we die I'm going to resurrect you so that I could kill you." Jamie threatened.

"Don't worry shorty, I won't crash it." He looked at her through a mirror.

"You better." She mumbled. "And don't call me shorty!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 354 34
Hey, my names Sofia or how my friends call me "lil' soso". Sofia is sassy, classy and a bit bad-assy she breaks the rules, talks back, smokes, drink...
4.7K 322 29
© 2014 by ShawnGardner2 "She was never fiction, she was just never in a book." - Alexia Hallaway High School is the number one place where friends fo...
495 0 57
Best friends Raven and Gabby are so excited to take on 8th grade together! But when Gabby moves to Italy for the semester.... tables turn! Will Raven...
208 31 29
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...