Withhold [H.S]

By nashlycam23

With•hold: Verb- Refuse to give (something that is due to, or desired by another) Synonyms: hold back, keep... More

[Chapter 1]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 14]
[Chapter 15]
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
[Chapter 19]
[Chapter 20]
[Chapter 21]
[Chapter 22]
[Chapter 23]
[Chapter 24]
[Chapter 25]
[Chapter 26]
[Chapter 27]
[Chapter 28]
[Chapter 29]
[Chapter 30]
[Chapter 31]
[Chapter 32]
[Chapter 33]
[Chapter 34]
[Chapter 35]
[Chapter 36]
[Chapter 37]
[Chapter 38]
[Chapter 39]
[Chapter 40]
[Chapter 41]
[Chapter 42]
[Chapter 43]
[Chapter 44]
[Chapter 45]
[Chapter 46]
[Chapter 47]
[Chapter 48]
[Chapter 49]
[Chapter 50]
[Chapter 51]
[Chapter 52]
[Chapter 53]
[Chapter 54]
[Chapter 55]
[Chapter 56]

[Chapter 2]

1K 15 6
By nashlycam23

                    Payton's POV

A shaky breath left my lips as I was pressed deep into the wall with 2 large hands wrapped tightly around my shoulders, surly leaving bruises. "O-ow what are you doing?" I asked calmly, trying to pretend I didn't know the murderer in front of me. He just stood there, breathing heavily while staring deep into my eyes. He was searching for something in my blue orbs. And even though I was terribly afraid of him, I tried my best to act like I wasn't.

"Don't play dumb with me little girl, now do you recognize me?" I remembered the accent that left his lips as he narrowed his eyebrows. "Little girl? I'm 20 years old thank you." I said, taking offense. He rolled his eyes before squeezing me tighter, making me whimper again.

"Answer my damn question!" He raised his voice as I flinched. "I- I don't know who you are. Why are you pinning me against a wall?" I said as I looked at him sharply. "You know who I am, admit it." He growled. "No I don't. I think you're mistaking me as someone else." I said calmly. Smart move Payton. He then looked up and chuckled darkly before he looked back down at me.

"Listen you don't want to be the one to lie to me, you recognize me I know it. I saw the way your eyes widen when I grabbed you and how you stuttered your words. The way you examined my face, you know me." He spoke harshly as I caught myself widening my eyes.

"It's only because I have no idea who you are and you shouldn't be walking around campus grabbing people and slamming them into walls." I narrowed my eyebrows at him. "You're the only one I've done this to sweetheart. You know why? Because I've been looking for you. All morning long." He said tauntingly as I felt my heart beat quicken.

"I don't know who you are ok? You got the wrong girl." I said before he clenched his jaw. He then slowly looked at my body and all the way down before a smirk played on his lips. "You sure those weren't the shoes you wore the night you went jogging?" He grinned as my eyes widen in pure fear. I didn't know what else to say. I've been caught. He knows it's me. I was the one standing clear in the sunlight, he was sort of hidden from it. He could of easily spotted my whole figure.

I then opened my mouth to scream but he quickly slapped his hand around it, creating tears in my eyes. How on earth did he find me? "You shouldn't have lied to me sweetheart. I knew it was you all along. You're the one who screamed at me to stop when I killed the man beneath me. You witnessed it all. Now tell me what you saw!" He yelled as I flinched and whimpered into his hand.

"I saw nothing I swear!" I cried out as tears formed in my eyes. "STOP LYING TO ME!" He yelled before he squeezed my arm harder, releasing his hand from my lips. "Look, I only saw you kill him alright? That's all I saw I swear! All I watched was a horrible man kill an innocent one!" I said as he grew mad. "You think that man was innocent honey? You obviously don't know the real world. I killed him for a reason princess. But you're not going to know why. You've seen enough." He hissed as I struggled to get out of his grip.

"Who have you told huh?" He asked as he pressed his body onto mine, making me whimper. His breath fanned my face as I tried to move my head away. "No one." I cried. "You're lying." He hissed as he stared deep into my eyes. "I'm not I swear. I didn't tell anyone." I said as he thought about it for a moment. "Good, because if you did, they would of been dead. So I'm glad you were smart enough to keep quiet." He said as he let his free hand fall to his side.

"Ok, you got the answers you wanted, and I promise I won't tell a soul. Now will you please let me go?" I begged as I spoke clearly. He then laughed aloud, causing me to frown. "You really think I'm going to release you?" He laughed as I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Yes?" I said unsurely.

"Babe, I don't trust you. God knows you'll tell the cops the minute I walk out of here. I can't risk you telling people. You've seen too much of me. They'll find me because of you. I won't risk any of that. Plus, you're actually very adorable. I think I'll keep you." He grinned as I widen my eyes and let my mouth drop.

"W-what?" I stuttered as I flinched back when he brought his tattooed hand near my face. "I'm taking you back home with me." He smirked evilly as I widen my eyes even more. "No! Please don't! I'll do anything but that!" I begged as he looked at me with amusement.

"Too bad I already made my decision, and like I said, I'm not risking anything." He said with a wide smile before I felt him grab my upper arm tightly. "Wait! No!" I screamed before I made a run for it but he only rolled his eyes and tugged at my arm. I whimpered as he pulled me back towards him and he stared at me intensely, causing me to gulp.

"You're going to remain calm and lead me to your room." He demanded as I widen my eyes. "No way!" I yelled before I tried my best to pry his large hand off my arm. "Take me there now or I'll shoot someone dead." He threatened as he whispered to my face. I gasped loudly before I whimpered and looked around. I can't let him kill innocent people who have nothing to do with this.

"Fine." I frowned, letting him control me at this point. "Good girl, keep it up and my grip will be less painful." He reassured me as his tight hold remained on my arm. I then felt fear wave inside of me as I walked down the halls, basically dragging a criminal with me. I can't believe I got myself into this. I should of never gone for a jog. I should of stayed home.

How could something this big happen to me so quickly? He's wanting to kidnap me! He's going to hold me hostage now because I witnessed what he had done! If only I didn't go there. I kept whimpering and looking around anxiously as I walked around the campus.

"Would you stop looking so damn scared?! I like how I have that affect on you but really, you shouldn't have that terrified look on your face in front of thousands of people. Maybe if I do this it'll ease it." I heard him speak harshly in my ear before I felt his arm wrap around my waist, causing me to gasp and freeze.

"Wow, you're a skinny little thing aren't you?" He grinned as he rubbed his thumb up and down my side, causing me to tremble. "Do you have to hold me there?" I whimpered as I looked at him with fear in my eyes. "Yes, we'll look like a couple." He hissed as I frowned. Gosh he's so rude.

"If my friends see us, I'll never be able to explain this one in time. And if I go missing, they'll know it was because of you." I spoke as we hide behind a staircase while loads of people passed by. "Well then we'll have to go a different way because if your friends see me I'll make sure to kill them later." He said as I widen my eyes and turned to face him.

"No, please, don't kill them they mean the world to me." I begged as tears filled in my eyes. "If they mean the world to you you'll find a different way to your door. There's too many people here and trust me when I say I don't like it." He said as I bit my lip.

I then remembered that I knew a way around the campus and to my room faster. "This way." I said before we both walked swiftly to the right and we made our way around the building. We then neared the stairs and we both ran up them quickly before we fast walked to my room.

"This is your room?" He breathed as he looked around anxiously. "Yes this is." I rolled my eyes before I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door. "Good, wait, do you have any roommates?" He sighed before he snapped back to his rude side and he tugged me by the waist and harshly pulled me back.

"Ow- no I don't. I live alone." I whimpered, now regretting that I did. "Good." He whispered before he shoved me in my room and slammed the door shut before locking it. He scanned his eyes around my room before looking back at me.

"So, what now?" I asked, instantly regretting my moving mouth. I should of pretended I was deaf. Maybe that would of stopped a criminal from coming in my room. He looked at me from head to toe before clenching his jaw. "Pack your stuff." He demanded. "What?!" I gasped, staring a him puzzled.

"You heard me, pack you're damn stuff." He raised his voice as I felt intimidated and flinched. He was so scary looking. Yet sadly, very very attractive. Just everything about him made me feel uneasy. He was very tall, muscular, and had a husky low voice. He did have an accent that wasn't from here and I was still trying to figure that out. Was it British?

"Well don't just freaking stand there! Pack!" He yelled as I flinched and took a step back. Maybe if I intimidate him back he will release me. But then again, can I manage to do that? Never.

"I said, pack." He said through clenched teeth as he walked right up to me and towered over me. I gulped as I looked up at him while cringing. "But where are we going?" I whispered with fear lingering around my voice.

"You better stop asking questions or I'll hit you." He hissed as I widen my eyes in pure fear. I then quickly moved passed him before searching for a duffle bag. As soon as I found one I began to pack all my clothes in it. I watched carefully as the guy walked around my room and he began to help me out.

"The quicker we're out of here the better." He said as he shoved my new clothes in the bag. "Why in such a rush?" I questioned before I regretted it the second I saw the look on his face. I gulped before responding quickly. "Wait- forget I said that I'm sorry." I then looked back down at my bag sheepishly as I felt his eyes on me.

"Just get your stuff packed." He ordered before he walked towards the window and stared out of it. "What am I going to tell my friends?" I asked as I finished packing and I turned around to look at him. He then looked down at me before walking up to me.

"What makes you think you'll be able to see them again?" He whispered coldly to my face as I held in my breath and gulped. I stared at him with fear and hurt in my eyes while he just looked at me. "I'm not going to see my friends ever again?" My voice cracked as he walked past me. I felt a lump in my throat as I forced my threatened tears to stay back.

"No, you've seen to much to keep it all a secret. I don't trust you and I never will." He said as he looked around for something. "So you're going to kill me once you're done with me then?" I asked as tears fell from my eyes. He looked over at me with narrowed eyebrows.

"Once you get me out of here you'll kill me like how you killed that man." I said. "You think I made you pack your bags for nothing? I told you I'm keeping you. You're too much of a pretty little thing to just give up so suddenly." He smirked as I widen my eyes. "You can't just have me!" I yelled as tears fell from my eyes.

"Yes I can and I own you now! Get over it!" He yelled as I exhaled frustratingly and looked to the side. Reality hit me that I'm going to be with him now since I know what he has done. He had the choice to kill me or keep me hostage and he chose to keep me. That's worse than living. I probably won't see my friends or family ever again.

Knowing that he could kill them if I tried to tell them about it scared me. I'm in a room with the wrong person right now. And I'm now stuck with him. My only hope is if he dies.

"So you're going to kidnap me?" I asked as I looked at him with glossy eyes. "Yep." He replied sharply before he walked over to me. "Now let's get out of here." He said before he grabbed my wrist.

"No! I'm not going anywhere with you! God knows the minute I walk out of this room nothing will be the same anymore and I'll be living my life in hell! And I'll be scared the whole rest of my life and I'll never be able to see my friends or family ever again! If I have to fight to stay here I will." I spoke strongly as he watched me intensely. "You really think you'll win princess?" He chuckled bitterly.

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I said, standing my ground. "Uh huh, stop wasting time lets go." He said unamused as he snatched my wrist again. "Let go of me!" I screamed as I pushed him away from me. He then widen his eyes before madly staring at me.

"You're coming with me whether you freaking like it or not. Now come here before I hurt you." He growled as he took a step towards me. "I'm not getting in a car with a criminal." I spat.

He then madly clenched his jaw before he whipped out a gun. My eyes widen in pure fear as I backed away from the deadly weapon.

I couldn't believe a gun was being pointed at me right now. My life was in his hands at the moment. He could kill me if he wanted to. I felt my whole body go numb as my lips trembled. "P-Please d-don't kill me." I whimpered as I backed away. "Either you play your role as my partner or I'll shoot you." He threatened as I cried in defeat.

"Please don't kill me I'm sorry." I sobbed as he clicked his gun, making me jump and tremble badly. "Are you going to listen to me?" He asked as I nodded my head quickly. "Good. Don't disappoint me." He hissed before he walked up to me and put his gun away. He then snatched my arm and dragged me out of my dorm room and down the stairs. "Wipe those tears and put a smile on your face, make it seem like we're a couple." He ordered quietly as people pasted by.

I did what he asked before I felt his arm snake around my waist again. He threw his black hoodie over his head and put on a pair of sunglasses before dragging me. He then quickly led me to a black Range Rover and my nerves kicked in as he unlocked it with a button and opened his trunk. "Stop looking around like that. You look suspicious." He hissed as I flinched when he pulled me closer to him. I was basically staring at everyone while mentally begging them to save me. I then watched as he threw my belongings in the trunk before he slammed it and walked me towards the passenger side. I still couldn't get over the fact that he had that deadly weapon in his pocket.

"Get in." He ordered as he opened the door. "Please don't do this." I whispered as a tear streamed down my face. "I said, get in." He hissed before I felt him push me towards the seat. I then whimpered before I climbed in, flinching when he slammed the door and went around.

He then opened his door and slid in before buckling and staring at me. "Buckle up, I drive like a maniac." He said before he put the key in the ignition. "I guess it suits your personality." I whispered to myself.

"I heard that." He hissed before I clutched onto the arm rest as he sped off instantly. I watched from the window as my university seemed to become smaller and smaller by the second. "You'll get over it darling. You need to get use to your new life now. Once something unexpected happens, you have to accept what is coming next." He said as I looked at him with fear.

I can't believe I just got kidnapped by a criminal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

330K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
966 100 52
Stacy Bailey is engaged to the prince of England who she hates because of his arrogance. There is nothing she can do cause her mom is in support of i...
242K 6.1K 64
"Help me please, she needs a place to stay, at least for a couple of months. She's not safe, she's in danger. Please Harry, I'll do anything in retur...
134K 5.8K 27
Harry is a freshman in university he, by mistake, choose a night class but was too lazy to withdraw it. And after a few days in the class, his eyes f...