I Told You Not To Fall in Lov...

By xchaoticthoughtsx

"A girl and guy can never remain just best friends!" Two childhood best friends, born on the same day. Absolu... More

Cast and Characters.
I - Welcome to the World.
II - Happy Feet.
III - Best Buds, You and I
IV - The Ace Academy.
V - Crazy Four.
VI - Fun. Masti. Friendship.
VII - The Talent Parade.
VIII - Tremendous Twelve.
IX - The Weirdest Cricket Match.
X - Let's go to the Prom.
XI - Prom Night.
XII - The Bollywood-ish Proposal.
XIII - Holi Hai.
XIV - Exams Mania.
XV - Maldives, Here We Come.
XVI - Bridal Shower and Birthday Bash.
XVII - Henna, Bangles and Bhangras.
XIX - Big Fat Wedding.
XX - Summer Romance.
XXI - Can't love, Pizzas only.
XXII - Hugs, Kisses and Idiotic Friends
XXIII - Goodbye Maldives.
XXIV - Life isn't all about happiness.
XXV - Love is a trap.
XXVI - Farewell.
XXVII - She lied.
XXVIII - We meet again.
XXIX - ARENA was no more.
XXX - Memories don't leave me alone.
XXXI - Unspoken feelings.
XXXII - Sight Seeing.
XXXIII - The Encounter of the enemies.
XXXIV - Wedding Preparations.
XXXV - Night madness.
XXXVI - Haldi and Revelations.
XXXVII - I hate him.
XXXVIII - Back to my Home.
XXXIX - Shopping, Shopping.
XL - Drunken Kisses.
XLI - With you, is magic only.
XLII - I forbade you.
XLIII - Stopping her.
XLIV - The games of fate.
XLV - Hope never dies.
XLVI - Stop me.
XLVII - Together through the tough times
XLVIII - My Personal Augustus Waters.
XLIX - Last Goodbye!
L - Eternity.
Epilogue.

XVIII - Mehendi Night.

1.9K 88 31
By xchaoticthoughtsx

"Ab to na hota hai ki Roz intezar, Soniye. Aaj nahi to Kal tujhko to Meri honi Rey. Tenu le ke main jawan ga. Dil de ke main jawan ga."
[Now, I can't wait for a single day, my love. Either today or tomorrow, you are going to be mine. I am here to take you with me and to give you my heart.]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

••| Chapter 18 |••

Playlist: Ashiq Surrender Hua - Badrinath ki Dulhaniya.

Eleana:

Today was the Mehendi Night. [The first function in wedding similar to Sangeet or musical night in Indian wedding] We were all geared up. It had made us all very very excited because we were experiencing such a grand big fat wedding for the first time and that too of someone very close to us. Aryan, Varun, Shraddha, I and Obi were on Ashar's side while Kabir, Naina, Ricky, Alia and Maya were on Khirad's side but that didn't mean we weren't on Khirad's side. We were the Jack of the wedding. Wherever there were more benefits, we shifted our sides. So, I was preparing for the Mehendi Function. I decided to go with a Royal blue lehenga [A skirt with huge flare] and blouse with golden detailing. The duppata [Scarf] was of same colour.I wore a big gold necklace over that. I let my hair lose with the natural bouncy curls at the ends and applied some make up. I slipped into my heels and I was almost ready. I just needed some last minute touch ups. While I was waiting for everyone to get ready, Aryan texted me to come out to the terrace. I went there and he looked at me in awe which made me blush more and more.

"You never fail to amaze me Darling!" He whispered like the wind. 

"Why did you call me here?" I asked instead.

"Way to take a compliment. Such a naive girlfriend I have, Man." He replied sarcastically.

I looked towards the multi coloured fairy lights dangling on the strings from the terrace.

"I called you here just to see you!" He said.

He took out his cell phone. "Stand still!" He ordered. He captured a picture of mine. His sweet little gestures made me blush too much. He was behaving like a typical boyfriend.

I took my time and checked him out too. We were almost matching. While my dress was Royal blue, he was wearing a Blue Kurta with White churidaar trousers paired with a Kaula Puri sandals.

I went back after some time and all girls were ready by then, including Khirad. Khirad looked so beautiful in her multicoloured dress in which yellow colour was the most prominent suitable for Mehendi Function. She had a purple duppata [Scarf] set on her head with a bindi. Her blouse was a shimmery mixture of purple, gold and orange while the skirt was orange adorned with different coloured laces at the bottom. She wore multi coloured bangles which were enhancing the beauty of the henna on her wrists.

Soon, all the girls, along with Khirad, went towards the Marquee where the function was supposed to be held.
The location took my breath away. It was all glowing and shining in the night, standing out in all aspects. The water beside the Marquee was an advantage. A true fairy tale location for a true fairy tale wedding. The colourful lights were shining and the tiled floor looked like glass in the darkness of the night. Shades of purple lights were all over the ground.

We gently walked in with the girls on either sides of Khirad as the camera man and video man took our shots. The boys whistled as soon as the bride entered. The inside of the marquee was something more amazing. There was a huge golden chandelier in the centre of the hall with a light fountain right below it. There were silk drapes of golden, orange and yellow all across the place. Strings of marigolds, jasmines and daffodils were hanging on the walls. The stage was brilliantly decorated for the bride and groom. Pink, red and purple drapes were making the background. There was a wooden swing in the centre of the stage with decorated pitchers on either sides. There were sweets and chocolates. There were those Ladoos and other mouth watering delights. There were some candles for decoration purposes.

Then in front of the stage, there were two separate couches opposite to each other. One was reserved for the bride's side while other for the groom's side. The two sides were separated by a wooden dance floor in the middle. Along with the colourful and beautiful curtains, there were lanterns hanging from the ceiling giving a more beautiful effect. There was a semi circular couch with colourful pillows.

Soon everybody reached the hall. The groom was supposed to come with his gang now. But suddenly, the lights went off. All of us huffed but then a faint noise started coming through the speakers. It became louder and louder with every passing second. Aryan sent me a quick text to take Khirad in the middle of the dance floor. The noise became recognisable and now we could figure out Ashar singing "Mehendi Laga ke Rakhna". The voice grew louder and louder as Ashar sang. We could hear footsteps coming closer as well. Soon the lights turned on and rose petals fell on the couple standing in the middle of the dance floor. Ashar was now moving in circles around his bride while Khirad stood still in the middle blushing adorably. He was wearing a simple Kurta with white churidaar trousers and a black waistcoat above that.

All the boys were wearing similar clothes except for the waistcoat which only the groom was wearing.

"So awe na?" Aryan teased, standing beside me. I nodded and looked at the unreal bride and groom.

Mehendi laga ke rakhna,
[Put your Henna on.]
Doli Saja ke rakhna.
[Keep the palanquin decorated.]
Lene tujhe o Gori,
[To take you away, beautiful]
Ayen ge Tere sajna.
[Your beloved will come.]
Rasta Humara takna.
[Keep your eyes on the road for me.]
Darwaza khula rakhna.
[Keep your door open for me.]
Lene tujhe o Gori.
[To take you away, beautiful]
Ayen ge Tere sajna.
[Your beloved will come.]
Udd udd ke Teri zulfain, karti hain kya ishare.
[Your flying hair, what signs do they show?]
Dil thaam ke kharey hain, Ashiq sabhi kunware.
[All the bachelor lovers are holding their hearts.]

He sang the whole song and everybody hooted and cheered for the so in love couple. They were settled on their love seat that was the wooden swing and the rituals started. Khirad and Ashar were made to hold a leaf and the Aunties were supposed to apply some henna on that, feed them the sweets and something like that.

After that, the juices and cocktails were served as appetisers. Then, the dinner was served. There was a variety of stuff ranging from desi cuisine to continental. After the dinner, began the most entertaining part. We sat with Ashar in the centre on one of the couches. We were the Team Groom. While the other half of our group sat with Khirad in front of us, face to face. First one to burn the dance floor with their performance were Naina and Kabir who danced on Dilli wali girlfriend.

Then, it was mine and Aryan's turn. We danced together on Kala Chashma.

Then, again it was Bride's turn. Alia, Ricky and Maya came on stage and danced with full enthusiasm on Chitta Kukkad

After that, Varun and Shraddha danced on Sun Sathiya.

Only Osman was left so he displayed a solo dance performance on Batameez Dil.

After that, our whole gang teamed up and Ashar and Khirad were again transferred on their love seat in the centre. We were displaying Ashar and Khirad's love story through our dance performances. First Obi and Maya mimicked them as teenagers with the song Galliyan playing in background. They were very shy with each other and barely talked. I giggled inwardly as how Maya was tolerating Obi and smiling sweetly. Then, Alia and Ricky mimicked them as friendly adults when they became friends. The song playing in background was Hua hai Aaj Pehli baar. Then, Kabir and Naina and Varun and Shraddha did some of their acts. Their shy talks. Their prom night. Their many other romantic moments with the song Sab Tera. Finally, it was Aryan and my turn. We were supposed to recreate their engagement moment. Aryan had a blind fold around his eyes while I was trying my best to escape him. Khirad's mouth hung wide open whereas Ashar was smirking and nudging his bride by his shoulder. The song Sau Asman was playing on the stereo system. He came towards me and caught me. Then, he took off his blind fold and mimicked the way Ashar proposed his girlfriend. He went down on his knees and I nodded in a yes. For a moment, it felt like it was my moment. Like Aryan was actually proposing me. He got up and then pecked me on the forehead in front if everybody. I was embarrassed. I hid my head in his chest as he hugged me and we were thankfully mimicking Ashar and Khirad at the same time. The rest of the gang joined us with the banner cards.

ASHAR AND KHIRAD
FOREVER TOGETHER.

Everybody hooted, clapped and cheered loudly for us. We bowed together and went away. Then some of Ashar's and Khirad's cousins danced. The rest of the night was spent singing songs and playing antakshri [A game in which the teams sing songs as a challenge starting from a specific alphabet]. Aryan was requested a jam and a song in his melodious voice. He fulfilled the audience's demand. The function came to an end and the guests went to their rooms. Aryan had told me to stop and asked the photographer to capture some of our pictures together as he said it would be a memory.

The bride and groom as well as our gang of twelve was still there. We sat on the floor cushions and the boys slipped away with devilish smirks on their faces. They had planned something evil. The boys returned and suddenly Obi announced in full enthusiasm.

"Egg War." He roared. And the next thing I saw was the very dear groom covered in slimy egg yolks. They all attacked Ashar and didn't even give him the time to defend himself. Ashar somehow managed to escape, saying that he will come back after changing his clothes. We girls also changed our clothes and waited for Ashar. Finally, that gentleman decided to enter through the back door, trying to sneak in without getting noticed but our boys were no less. As soon as he entered, he was attacked by the eggs and his eggs cracked in his trouser's pockets even before attacking anyone.
Poor Ashar.

We all were screaming, giggling and throwing eggs at each other. Some of us were ducking and hiding somewhere. I saw Maya hiding under the table. Obi was looking for her. I signalled to him with my eyes. He gave me a devilish smirk and proceeded towards the table. He quietly lifted up the cloth and said,
"Hello jee."

Maya whined but Obi had done his job till then and her hair were all covered in egg yolk. My shirt was all destroyed by the eggs but thankfully my face and hair was still clean. I didn't want to smell of the eggs in the morning. Varun went towards Shraddha and she threatened to break up with him if he hit her with an egg.

"Varun, I swear if you hit me one more time then we are over."

"Come on baby, it's so much fun. Besides, it's good for your hair." He convinced her and very gently he cracked an egg right on her head. Shraddha smacked him hard and then cracked three eggs on his face. I felt some movements behind me and before I could react, an egg was already cracked in the middle of my head. I turned around and Aryan was standing there with a victorious grin. Kabir was attacking everyone but he himself was safe till now. I saw Ricky standing on the terrace. He signalled me to remain quiet. I giggled inwardly and gave him a thumbs up. Kabir was standing right below him. Ricky launched an egg and it landed right on Kabir's wonderful hair. He looked up and cursed under his breath. "You're so dead, dumbass."

He began to chase Ricky and we all were running here and there for our lives. It was the most amazing experience of the wedding. We were carefree, we were child like, we loved each other and so we enjoyed to our fullest. After having one hell of a night, all of us strolled back to our rooms smelling of rotten eggs and slimy egg yolks dripping from our hair, faces and everywhere. We were still chuckling but were hell tired. Ricky was trying to take out something from his mouth. He spitted on the floor and a yolk came out of his mouth. We were disgusted at him.

"BC, puray ka Pura anda mere muu main daal diya. Subah mere pait se choochay nikal anay thay." [The entire egg was in my mouth. Who knows if the chicks would have come out of my tummy in the morning?]

We all gave him an alienated look and then burst into giggles. We went to our rooms and occupied all the washrooms. We took showers and then snuggled into our comfortable beds.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

The next day was a rest day. At night, I changed into my leggings and a baggy shirt and laid down on the mattress when I heard a knock on the door. Carefully, not making a single noise, I got up and peeped through the door. Aryan was standing there yawning, and his hair messily falling in his eyes. He was in his ripped jeans and tightly fitted t-shirt perfectly hugging every muscle beneath it. He just dragged me along with him to another room that I didn't know existed on that floor before today. He took out a small box from his pocket and held it in front of me. I looked at the time. It was 12 at midnight. He took out a beautiful gold bracelet and held my wrist. Gently hooking it around my wrist, he kissed that area while I looked in awe at that bracelet. It was really elegant with a small design. My boyfriend was raising my expectations already. I didn't want any, to be very honest. I wanted a true relationship and not a materialistic one. He could gift me a plastic bracelet for all I cared. The room in which I was staying was connected to this room through a balcony.

"You can go back early in the morning. They won't get a clue." Aryan was persuading me to stay in that room. We laid there on the bed spooning like a couple and talking in whispers. It was such a bliss to be with him. My best friend, Aru.

"Ena!!" He whispered.

"Hmm." I answered.

"This is working. Our relationship is working. We don't have to fake anything. We know each other. We understand each other. We are still best friends. We can share anything with each other. We don't have to be clumsy and clingy all the times because neither one of us likes that. We aren't desperate. I want to proceed it as it is. You're now my official girl friend."

He said and I agreed. I was enjoying this. He always made me happy and same was with him. We drifted off to sleep but not forgetting to set an alarm for early morning. I set 4 to 5 continuous alarms because one didn't have any effect on me. It had been only 2 or 3 hours since we slept when I was disturbed by some noises. Like someone was whispering and giggling above my head. I snuggled into my comforter and carefully peeked out to see what was that. My one eye was outside and all our gang was standing there. I was horrified. I quickly got up wrapping the comforter around me.

"Aww. So cute."

"You guys are goals."

"Can't spend a few hours away from each other."

"Cuties."

But I was oblivious to everything.

"How did you get in here?" I heard myself asking with wide eyes.

"Look, we had planned a cocktail party at midnight by the pool side and that's why we had slept earlier." Kabir reasoned.

"So when we woke up Aryan wasn't there. We thought he would be with you in your room but what a surprise you weren't there too." Naina smirked.

"We searched here and there and then this room was locked." Ricky added.

"How did you open the door?" I asked.

"There's something called a bobby pin." Shraddha smirked holding the bobby pin in front of her. My boyfriend was still sleeping like a log, oblivious to all the stuff going around.

"Now would you mind waking him up or should we?" Varun added.

"Go on." I encouraged him and got up. Varun laid down on my place and caressed Aryan's cheek. He smiled in his sleep and pulled Varun's hand closer to him. We were stifling our laughter. Varun kissed his cheek.

"What happened to your skin Ena? It's too rough!" He mumbled in his sleep. All heads snapped in my direction.

"Ena." They all cooed in unison, grinning like idiots.

Varun slapped him across his face and he woke up with a jerk.

"Ena nahi khotey! Varun naam hai mera." [My name is Varun, not Ena, dumbass.]

"You?" He asked terrified.

Varun bobbed his head, grinning like an idiot.

"Come on Aru baby! Wake up." Obi and Ricky mimicked a girly voice. Actually, they mimicked me. Idiots.

"What's happening?" Aryan asked, completely unaware of everything.

"Dude, there's a cocktail party downstairs at the pool side. Be quick." Kabir spoke.

"Okay. We are coming!" Aryan said and all of them went out.

"Oh God!" I spoke hiding my face in my hands.

"Hey. It's not such a big thing. Chill. We have sleepovers all the time." He calmed me down.

I was in my leggings and baggy shirt. Aryan was in his cargo styled three fourth jeans only. He wore his shirt and I combed my hair and washed my face. We went downstairs to the pool side. The music was on. Ashar and Khirad were sitting in separate corners, stealing glances at each other. We talked and partied for some time. Then we sat by the pool side having wine. Aryan pulled me down in his lap and I folded mine and his jeans upward. Our legs were dangling in the cool water and it was soothing me. We sat there for some more time until sleep overpowered us.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 7.9K 45
"Mom, I don't know what the heck I'm doing... I'm going to marry my sister's fiancé," I said, tears streaming down my face. "We can't do anything, be...
34.5K 1.6K 43
Varia_nv's first book! Bollywood House❤️{Regular updates} on Wattpad. #1 in Valia (12-9-2019 - 15-10-2019!!)) #1 in Parineeti (8-01-19 until 6-02-19...
102K 9K 74
Love is indefinable. Everyone has their own definition of love. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• What's the biggest bliss? When a person wh...
90.6K 4K 30
"So, you didn't love me at all?" I asked hoping that it was all a bad dream. Unfortunately it wasn't. He chuckled and looked into my eyes,"I never l...