Withhold [H.S]

By nashlycam23

With•hold: Verb- Refuse to give (something that is due to, or desired by another) Synonyms: hold back, keep... More

[Chapter 2]
[Chapter 3]
[Chapter 4]
[Chapter 5]
[Chapter 6]
[Chapter 7]
[Chapter 8]
[Chapter 9]
[Chapter 10]
[Chapter 11]
[Chapter 12]
[Chapter 13]
[Chapter 14]
[Chapter 15]
[Chapter 16]
[Chapter 17]
[Chapter 18]
[Chapter 19]
[Chapter 20]
[Chapter 21]
[Chapter 22]
[Chapter 23]
[Chapter 24]
[Chapter 25]
[Chapter 26]
[Chapter 27]
[Chapter 28]
[Chapter 29]
[Chapter 30]
[Chapter 31]
[Chapter 32]
[Chapter 33]
[Chapter 34]
[Chapter 35]
[Chapter 36]
[Chapter 37]
[Chapter 38]
[Chapter 39]
[Chapter 40]
[Chapter 41]
[Chapter 42]
[Chapter 43]
[Chapter 44]
[Chapter 45]
[Chapter 46]
[Chapter 47]
[Chapter 48]
[Chapter 49]
[Chapter 50]
[Chapter 51]
[Chapter 52]
[Chapter 53]
[Chapter 54]
[Chapter 55]
[Chapter 56]

[Chapter 1]

1.6K 13 15
By nashlycam23

Payton's POV

"Ok ok, truth or dare." Lisa asked as she played with her empty Starbucks cup. "Me?" I raised an innocent eyebrow as I glanced into her bright blue eyes. "Yes you! You haven't had your turn yet, now pick one." Lisa smirked as I blushed and slouched in the leather booth. "Ummm, truth I guess?" I mumbled as I stared at my half finished drink.

"Really Payton? You always pick truth." Casey groaned. "Well, I like choosing truth, I'll do dare next time I promise." I smiled softly as I looked at Casey and Lisa. "Alright, you better keep that promise or I'm coming after you." Lisa warned as I chuckled a bit. "Ok um, is it true that you like Blake?" Lisa smirked as my eyes widen.

"What? No way he's gross!" I admitted instantly as they all bursted out laughing. I groaned as I looked at all my friends. Blake was a nasty collage student in my university who always flirted with me and tried to get me to date him. He's so forceful and he's a jerk. He's done this with every other girl so that's why I claim him as "gross." Cuz he is a pig.

"You guys are the worst. I would never like him." I frowned as they turned red from laughing so hard. "Well he obviously likes you!" Claire laughed as she nudged my side. "That's just wrong. You guys are terrible to me." I frowned as they didn't stop their laughter from flowing through their lips.

"We're just messing with you Pay." Lisa giggled as I rolled my eyes playfully. "Well is it true that you kissed Dustin?" I asked with an evil grin. "Ew! He's worse than Blake!" Lisa groaned as she scrunched up her nose in disgust. "Ha!" I laughed as the girls now joined me. "Ok I'm done with this game. Those two names ruined it for me." Lisa shook her head while I busted up.

"I'm with you on that one! Those guys are just perverts ready to pounce on their next prey." I said as Claire looked at me and nodded her head in agreement. "Is that why you're dating one of them?" Casey teased as I gasped and leaned over the table to punch her arm. "Casey!" I squealed as she laughed and screamed. She scooted closer to Lisa as I tried to hit her.

"I'll get you for that." I grinned as I sat back down so that I wouldn't grab anyone's attention. But then again we're the loudest group here so we probably have.

"Anyways girls I have to go, parents want me back before sunset." Lisa said as she locked her phone. "Alright, I'm sure we all have to get going too. We've spent all day shopping." I chuckled as we all sat up. "This drink was so good!" Claire almost shouted as we all began to giggle. "Yeah, Starbucks is amazing." I chuckled before we all threw away our cups and left the building.

"Well I had fun girls, thanks for the amazing day. See you after class right? Or hopefully before then?" I asked as we all stood in a circle. "Yes of course. Sounds good. Definitely meet for lunch too. So we can talk about boys." Lisa smirked as we all laughed. "Yeah like Blaaake." Casey grinned as she nudged me.

"Casey!" I screamed her name playfully before attacking her. She began laughing before she pushed me away. "Ugh I'll make sure to put a slug in your sandwich when you're not looking." I teased as Casey laughed. "Whatever you love me." Casey cooed before I rolled my eyes playfully and tackled her in a huge. "Of course I do." I giggled as she hugged me tightly.

"Alright girls, I'll ride home with Claire since we're on opposite sides, see you all soon." I smiled as I hugged everyone but Claire. "Bye! See you soon! Love you!" Lisa and Casey said. "Bye! Love you girls too!" Me and Claire said at the same time before we laughed. "Alrighty get in Payton." Claire said as she unlocked her jeep.

I hopped in the passenger seat before we blasted music and jammed in the car the whole way back. Once Claire parked in the parking lot we got out and grabbed our many bags full of clothes before heading towards our dorms.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" Claire said as we both stopped. "You know it. Bye Claire." I smiled before we both gave each other a hug. "Bye Payton! Have a good night!" Claire said as I walked alway. "You too!" I shouted before walking up another floor to find my room.

Once I got to my room I opened it to see that it was completely dark and quiet. I turned on the light and smiled, wondering still how I got so lucky to have no roommate at all. But who knows this could only be temporary. I then sighed as I dumped all my bags on the ground and closed my door. I looked outside my window and saw that the sun was still bright and shining, almost making its way down.

A jog sounds good right now. Even though I was exhausted from a long day of shopping with my best friends since middle school, I knew a jog would end the perfect day. The girls are always busy studying for their classes but I never have to worry because I always study beforehand. They're always jealous how I do things so fast. But it's only because I want a whole day off like this.

I then changed into my jogging outfit before throwing my hair up in a high pony tail. I slipped my black Nike shoes on before heading out my room, locking it during the process. I slipped my phone in my pocket before putting earplugs in my ears. I then played a song before running out of the massive building.

I was so glad that I got accepted to Carryburg University with my best friends. I'm in collage because I want to be a hair stylist and become a professional. It's what I've always wanted to be. And nothing is greater than having my three best friends to be here with me through it all. They're all I really care about. Everyone else here is just acquaintances.

I jogged around town for a good 20 minutes before I decided to stop and take a break. I was panting as I stopped by an antique store and I pulled out my phone to play another song due to the previous one ending. As the silence grew thick around here, I started to hear a strange noise in the distance.

My thumb was above a selected song I wanted to play, but I froze, trying my best to listen to that noise again. Suddenly I heard it again and that's when I ripped out my earphones. What is that? And where is it coming from?

I knitted my eyebrows together in curiosity before I slowly followed the faint noises ahead. It sounded like someone was groaning and whimpering loudly. The more I got closer, the clearer the noises seemed to be. I started to hear someone's cries for help and that's when I began to run towards it. Someone is probably hurt! I need to go save them! I then stopped in my tracts as I saw an alleyway that went far down.

I never noticed this place before. I thanked the sun for being out in order to see where I was going as I squinted my eyes to see if the noises were coming from here. "Please stop! I'm begging you. I'll give you the money!" A man begged as I spotted him and widen my eyes.

I then saw an older looking man laying on the ground while another man was above him, pointing an object I couldn't quiet see at his head. The guy above had a dark green coat draped over his body with a hoodie covering his face. This scene gave me bad feelings inside. My stomach had serious knots in them as I took in the scene in front of me. I was hiding just behind the wall with my face peeking around it, witnessing everything.

"I don't want your damn money." The man spoke in an accent that didn't belong here. "Please, let me live, it wasn't me I swear!" The guy bellow cried out as he had his hands up in surrender. "That wasn't my mission." The man above spoke darkly before I jumped from behind the wall and screamed at him to stop.

My actions were forced the second I realized the man had a deadly weapon in his hand. It was a gun. I knew that stepping out could get me killed but it didn't hurt to try to save the poor man on the floor. Right when I yelled those words, the gun shot at the same time, causing me to jump and gasp loudly.

I covered my mouth with my hands once I saw the man on the ground go limb and a pool of blood formed around his head. Oh my god. He just got shot. Right in front of my eyes. My body trembled badly as I felt tears form in my orbs.

Right after a gasp left my mouth, the guy looked up and my heart dropped once I saw his dark green eyes pierce through my blue orbs. Oh no. He saw me. I'm going to get killed! I then gasped again as I took a step back, feeling my lips tremble.

"Hey! Who the hell are you?! Come here!" His husky voice echoed through the alley as I screamed and ran for dear life. "COME BACK HERE!" He yelled as I heard his footsteps pound behind me. I took a quick short cut and continued to run for dear life, getting the heck away from that deadly man.

Thank goodness I jog all the time and I know these streets well, because I took every short cut I knew to get back home quicker. There was no way I was going to die tonight. Especially not from a murder like that man with the green eyes. As much as I wanted to go and tell my friends about it, my guts told me not to. I was scared that could somehow put them in danger.

I'll call the cops first and then I'll tell them. That way I'll feel more safe. I sprinted into Carryburg University before I ran up the stairs and towards my door. I panicked and felt hot tears stream down my face as my hands trembled like crazy. I had a hard time pulling my keys from my pocket and while I did, I dropped them.

I whimpered as I bent down quickly to get them and I had a difficult time putting it in the slot. The second I got it in, I pushed the door open and slammed it shut, locking it instantly. I rested my back against the door before catching my breath and trying to calm myself down.

I couldn't stop myself from crying and trembling as I tried to breath normally. I threw my keys on my desk before I exhaled loudly and ran my hands through my messed up hair. My whole body was trembling as I bit on my nails, replaying the whole image in my head.

I just saw someone get shot right before my eyes. And I almost got killed by being caught as a witness! How on earth can I sleep tonight? Knowing that maybe that man is now after me?!
What did I get myself into?

I then picked up my phone and stared at it for a long time, debating if I should call the cops or not. What if that was all business? And I got myself into it? I'd be in serious trouble. I didn't understand why I couldn't dial 911. I was too afraid.

I then decided that I wasn't going to talk to anyone tonight. I was too afraid of everything that I grew paranoid. I was so scared that I could of possibly been followed all the way back here. I just need to calm down and call it a night. I'll call the cops tomorrow and tell my friends when I'm ready. But for now, I'm far from it.

I pealed off my clothes and changed into my sleeping wear, not caring that I didn't take a shower. I didn't want to leave my dorm for the night. Heck I'm staying in here till morning comes. I don't care that it's 7 in the evening. I just need to sleep now.

I then threw the covers over my body before trembling in my own skin, squeezing my eyes tight. Go to sleep Payton. Just please go to sleep.

---------------------------------

My eyes shot open the minute my alarm clock buzzed off, causing me to sit up and look around my room anxiously. Was it all a dream? Everything that happened last night, it was a dream, right? I then felt my clothes, sighing once I realized they were my night clothes and not my jogging ones. It probably all was a dream.

I really need to stop having such scary dreams like that. I then shook my head as I swung my legs over my bed before grabbing my phone and turning off the alarm. I rubbed my face while standing up, making my way towards my bag of new clothes. I bent down and pulled out my new black v neck sweater and a pair of sun flower high waisted shorts.

I grabbed my black Nike shoes that were in my closet and I quickly grabbed my towels and backpack before existing my dorm. I fast walked down the hall and towards the shower area and made my way inside. I smiled at the girls who were fixing their hair and make up while I walked past them. I set all my belongings in a locker before walking towards a private shower and striping down my clothes.

As I stepped into the hot water, I started to ponder over my dream. Was it really a dream? Everything felt so real. I wasn't sure if it was real or not anymore. If anything I was wishing it all was a dream because I was terrified from the thought. I then tried my best to block out the memory as I put shampoo and conditioner in my hair, rinsing off my body to become clean. After my quick shower I hopped out and wrapped a towel around me, drying myself off before putting on fresh undergarments.

After that I put on my sweater and pulled my shorts on, tucking my shirt in during the process. After I slipped my shoes and socks on I quickly made my way towards a mirror and blow dried my hair till it formed in the way I wanted it. I then took my time to do my makeup and fix my hair before running back to my dorm and throwing my dirty clothes in the hamper.

One disadvantage about being in collage; everything has to be done fast, or, you're late. And I hate being late. After I was done tossing my clothes and towels in my room I snatched my phone and keys and left my room before locking it. I ran my hand through my long flowy dirty blond hair as I walked swiftly down the halls and down the stair case.

"Hey Payton! Glad to see you before I go off to class." I heard Claire's voice as she appeared by my side. "Oh hey Claire." I smiled as I looked at her. The sight of her calmed me down.  I was still anxious about last night because I really didn't know if what happened was real or fake. It was so hard to tell and I didn't know why. Everything felt so real yet so fake. Was it so real that I forced myself to believe it was a dream? I just don't know.

"You alright? You seem a little anxious." Claire asked worriedly as she eyed me suspiciously. "Me? Oh, just nervous for a test." I shrugged, lying to her. "Like you need to worry about anything. You always Ace your tests miss smarty pants." Claire rolled her eyes playfully while smirking. "That's true." I grinned as I looked up at the sky. "See? No need to worry then." She smiled as she nudged me. "You're right. There is nothing to worry about." I said confidently before I looked up to see that her room was straight ahead.

"Well, here's my class. See you for lunch right?" She questioned as we kept on walking. "Course." I smiled before she waved and opened her door to her class. I waved back before I took a right turn and walked around the outdoor campus. It was a really beautiful day today. Bright days make me feel happy.

I then forgot why I was so anxious this morning as I walked near the white wall. I was deep in thought, thinking about what class is going to be like today until I felt a harsh grip on my shoulder. A gasp fell from my lips as I was shoved into the wall, causing me to whimper and widen my eyes as a tall guy stood directly in front of me. His presence scared me as he stared deep into my eyes, breathing heavily.

Everything about him seemed to be off. He was awfully tall, never seen him here before in my life, had brown curly hair that was in a mess, dark clothing, and lastly, dark green eyes. My eyes then widen as I took this all in. Everything last night, wasn't a dream. I recognized the guy in front of me. Everything was real.

////////////////

I'm so happy to share my new book that I've been working on with you guys!!

I Hope you all enjoy this one!
Let me know if you like it!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218 30 25
It started with one unsolved murder. Then two. Three, four... Now their group is bigger than the American mafia. Perceiving a dark family secret in...
966 100 52
Stacy Bailey is engaged to the prince of England who she hates because of his arrogance. There is nothing she can do cause her mom is in support of i...
6.6K 45 33
~COMPLETE~ A girl gets kidnapped. 5years later she gets out of there. But, Who does she run into? Who saves her? Who are her new best friends? What i...
55.7K 3K 33
"You can run, you can hide ,but I promise you won't get away." This book is being edited atm you can still read it if you have it unless you want to...