Whatever It Takes

By Jess_Steiger

"If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance." -Bernard Williams Daniella Baxton... More

Chapter- One
Chapter- Two
Chapter- Three
Chapter- Four
Chapter- Five
Chapter- Six
Chapter- Seven
Chapter- Eight
Chapter- Nine
Chapter- Ten
Chapter- Eleven
Chapter- Twelve
Chapter- Thirteen
Chapter- Fourteen
Chapter- Fifteen
Chapter- Sixteen
Chapter- Seventeen
Chapter- Eighteen
Chapter- Nineteen
Chapter- Twenty
Chapter- Twenty-one
Chapter- Twenty-two
Chapter- Twenty-three
Chapter- Twenty-four
Chapter- Twenty-five
Chapter- Twenty-six
Chapter- Twenty-seven
Chapter- Twenty-eight
Chapter- Twenty-nine
Chapter- Thirty
Chapter- Thirty-one
Chapter- Thirty-three
Chapter- Thirty-four
Chapter- Thirty-five
Chapter- Thirty-six
Chapter- Thirty-seven
Chapter- Thirty-eight
Chapter- Thirty-nine
Chapter- Forty
Chapter- Forty-one
Chapter- Forty-two
Chapter- Forty-three
Chapter- Forty-four
Chapter- Forty-five
Chapter- Forty-six
Chapter- Forty-seven
Chapter- Forty-eight
Chapter- Forty-nine
Chapter- Fifty
Chapter- Fifty-one
Chapter- Fifty-two
Chapter- Fifty-three
Chapter- Fifty-four
Chapter- Fifty-five
Chapter- Fifty-six
Chapter- Fifty-seven
Chapter- Fifty-eight
Chapter- Fifty-nine
Chapter- Sixty

Chapter- Thirty-two

202 10 3
By Jess_Steiger

I sat on my suitcase and tried to zipper it. I fiddled with it as much as i could to get it to close. II groaned in frustration.

"Need help?" Elliot asked. I nodded and got up off the suitcase.

"First off how much crap do you wave in there?" He asked me.

"Well Oliver said to try and fit what I needed into a suitcase and a bag or two." I told him.

"He does not know you when it comes to packing. Did you pack your whole damn closet or something?" He asked.

"If you must know, I actually didn't. So there." I said sticking out my tongue out at him.

"Okay, okay." He said backing off my horrible job at packing. He tried again and then had me sit on it again.

"There you go." He said and headed out, but then he turned back around.

"I really hope you enjoy yourself with him. He's been planning this longer than you think, sis. I trust him with you." He said and scratched the back of his neck.

"Thanks. How long has he had it planned?" I asked a little curious.

"Um well it started as a small fantasy back when were in middle school. He built off of that and was determined to make it happen. He didn't care if you two were together or not. He would do it as friends if he had to. Take care of him, I know he'll take care of you." He said and left me standing there in awe.

Oliver, always leaving me breathless even when he wasn't around.

I went downstairs after cleaning my room up a little and grabbed something to eat.

"Hi Will, I didn't know you were here." I said when he came out from the bathroom.

"Hey, the rest of the team is actually here too." He told me. I cocked and eyebrow.

"Really? I had no idea. Why is everything quiet then?" I questioned.

"We didn't want to disturb you." He answered.

"Why? I never mind." I told him and he shrugged heading outback. Okay then. This was the football team we were talking about. They were never quiet, never! Why the sudden change. I shrugged and walked the back door.

I was bombarded with water guns spraying me.

"You guys are such jerks." I said while laughing. That's why they were quiet, they were planning to kill me with water. I put my hands on my hips looking right at Oliver. Elliot was laughing hysterically.

I walked up to Oliver, locking our lips. I had a plan. Wolf whistles from the other guys started. Oliver went to deepen the kiss when I grabbed his water gun.

"Revenge is a bitch isn't it?" I whispered and sprayed him in the face. I sprayed the others as well and they are ran away. I left Oliver standing there with mouth open. I looked at him and smirked and sprayed water into his mouth. He spit the water out and laughed as he came after me. I ran away from him, but was caught by Dylan.

"Here you go man." Dylan said as he gave me to Oliver.

***

I dropped onto the couch after dinner.

"Don't fall asleep, cupcake." Oliver said walking into the room and sitting next to me, moving my legs across his.

"But I'm tired." I whined.

"I forgot to tell you. We actually aren't exactly going on a road trip. We are flying down to Florida." He said.

"But I-" He cut me off.

"I know you don't like flying. I'll be there with you and I'm sure you will be okay. I don't want you to sleep now because I want you to sleep through the flight." He explained.

"Okay, I'll do it for you." I told him. He kissed my cheek.

"What time are we leaving?" I asked.

"Well the plane leaves at six in the morning so we will head for the airport around four. I want to make sure we have enough time to get food and drinks, go to the bathroom again, and incase it's crowded." He said. I nodded.

"So why can't I sleep? It's only ten." I said to him.

"I'll let you nap for an hour then." He said giving in to my puppy dog eyes. I smiled.

"Thanks." I thanked him.

***

Soon enough three thirty rolled around. I groaned as I shoved the last spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. Oliver chuckled at my reaction.

I headed up to my room to change and get ready for the plane ride. I opened my medicine cabinet, deciding if I should pack the anxiety medicine from years ago. It might help on the ride there. I grabbed it and dropped it in my bag just incase.

"Ready?" Oliver whispered through the door.

"Yup." I said as I opened the door and turned off my bathroom light.

I told Oliver I would meet him at his car in a minute. I walked quietly into my brothers room and said goodbye. I hugged him tightly and went to my mom's room to say goodbye as well. I then Made my way out to Oliver's car.

"Thanks for bringing my stuff down." I said as he opened the car door for me.

"Of course." He said and then shut my door. Nervousness and excitement bubbled inside of me. It was still dark out, but you could tell the sun was going to rise another few hours.

"I figured we get an early flight so we would have time to relax when we got there. I wanted us to have as much time as possible." He told me as he turned the radio on. I nodded, agreeing with his thinking.

We pulled into a spot and headed inside the airport. I could feel my face flush. I can't do this. Stupid plane. Stupid, stupid. I repeated and mentally slapped myself.

"You okay there cupcake?" He asked raising a brow at me. I nervously laughed. He pulled me closer by the waist and then held my hand, rubbing small circles.

We took our seats on the plane. I was constantly trembling. I tried humming.

"Are you humming to Kansas?" Oliver looked at me weirdly.

"I'm trying to calm myself down here." I said. He nodded and tried to hold back a laugh. My legs bounced up and down.

I held my breath until my face started turning blue, then Oliver made me breathe. He had his hand on my thigh most of the time.

"You're okay." He would keep repeating to me.

Out of nowhere I felt the plane shake.

A sharp, loud scream escaped from me. I started panicking and breathing short breaths, and then I let out another shrill scream.

"The plane is crashing! We are going to die!" I screamed in tears. Oliver's eyes widened and he cupped a hand over my mouth.

"First time flyer, sorry. Babe that was just turbulence." He told me. My face turned beat red. I felt extremely stupid.

"Oh." I whispered.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to him.

"It's alright. You just caught me, and well everyone off guard." He said chuckling a little.

"My bad." I sheepishly smiled.

Once we landed, I breathed a sigh of relief. I basically cut everyone off to get off the plane first. I bet they were happy I got off too, the scene I made was something I never wanted to remember again.

We headed to get our luggage and then got to our driver.

"Hello Oliver and Daniella. I will be driving you to your hotel this afternoon." He told us and then we followed. We put our luggage into the trunk and got seated in the back. With my head pounding, I  couldn't wait until I could crash on the hotel bed.

"Have a great stay." Our driver told us and we waved goodbye.

Oliver unlocked our room and I ran in. I jumped and flopped myself onto the bed.

"I love beds!" I exclaimed and closed my eyes. I felt the bed dip a little as Oliver laid down next to me.

"You're crazy. But I love you." He said poking my cheek.

"Haha, I love you too." I laughed.

"Do you wanna sleep for a little?" He asked me. I opened my eyes.

"Hell yeah." I said got more comfortable in the bed. I heard him chuckle.

"I'm surprised you didn't say anything about having one bed." He mentioned. Oh yeah, I didn't even notice.

"Well we sleep together in one bed. I don't see the problem." I told him.

"You always mumble in your sleep that I'm a bed hog." He said.

"I do not." I said turning towards him.

"Do too." He said,

"Do not. I win, no more is to be said." I told him quickly and shushed him. He chuckled again and pulled me closer so we could take a nap together. I knew he was tired from trying to keep me calm on the plane ride. Which probably exhausted him since I was like a monkey high on bananas.

After a few hours of napping we decided to head out to the beach. It was only a block away so we were fine walking. I packed extra clothes since I was already in my bikini and had a cover up on.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Eager much?" He asked as he grabbed the hotel room key from the counter.

"Of course." I giggled.

Oliver and I walked hand in hand down there. But when we reached the beach I raced to find a good spot in the sand. I basically dragged him behind me. I laid out my towel and placed the umbrella up towards the top of our towels. I headed down to the shoreline and I let my feet touch the water. Oliver came down then and stood next to me with his arm around me protectively.

"Thanks for this." I said to him.

"Of course." He said and kissed my forehead. Some other teens ran passed us. Out of nowhere Oliver quickly turned and covered me.

"Assholes." I murmured. One of the teens untied the back of my bikini top. This was honestly such a weird position. My boobs were basically pressed up against his abs. Felt kind of nice but weird at the same time.

"That son of a bitch." Oliver mumbled as I noticed he was retying my bikini for me.

"Thank you." I said blushing. Before he let go of me, I fixed the front and then we stepped apart.

"Perverts, do most of them have to be perverts?" I questioned to know in particular.

"And they'll be the ones failing at getting girl because they have no respect for them." Oliver commented and grabbed my hand as we went deeper into the water. I haven't been in the ocean in forever.

I felt wave splats as Oliver blocked the wave for me. Why did I have to be so short? Once the waves slowed down I splashed Oliver. I only got a bigger splash back with his giant hands. I coughed when some of the water got in my mouth. I splashed multiple times until my arms grew tired.

"Giving up there, cupcake?" Oliver asked.

"Never." I said and then weakly splashed him. He laughed hysterically and all I did was stick my tongue out at him. I jumped at him the best I could. He caught me.

"Oh no." I said and then we went under. I knew he was going to do that to us. My thinking was just a little slow. We came up out of the water for air.

"You are a jerk." I said trying to keep a straight face.

"You are such a liar." He said poking at the side of my mouth, making my smile crack.

"I know." I laughed.

"Let's go sunbathe." I cheered. Oliver basically carried me out since I was lazy and he owed me for dunking us down in the water. He let me down on my feet and I dropped onto my towel. I slid my sunglasses on and pulling a magazine out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 1K 20
Danny just moved in across the hall from Jess... After a few months the two become best friends, but what happens when Jess realizes she has feelings...
353K 6.2K 72
Alli, short for Allison is the sister of the quarterback, who is dating the head cheerleader. As if that wasn't enough, but no. Connor, her brother's...
1.5M 30.6K 30
Isabella (Ella) Branson hates her sister. Well, maybe that's too strong of a word. Ella strongly dislikes her sister. Her and her sister, Samantha, a...
8.8K 255 31
Brynn Jones knows what she wants and doesn't care what she has to do for it. She made sure she got a girls' soccer team. She tries to get good points...