Unplanned. ✔️

By just_me_milly

(Completed & sequel is posted, it's called Unfolding The Unplanned.) Nobody's life is mapped out for them, no... More

Unplanned
Chapter 01: Uneasy (Edited).
Chapter 02: Crying (Edited).
Chapter 03: Telling Toby
Chapter 04: School Lunches and A Starbucks Date.
Chapter 05: Double Trouble?
Chapter 06: So Can I Go?
Chapter 07: Will You?
Chapter 08: Ice-cream and Pizza.
Chapter 09: I Don't Know How To Change A Nappy.
Chapter 10: Should Have Seen The Signs.
Chapter 11: What Would They Think Of Me?
Chapter 12: Mr and Mrs Smith.
Chapter 13: Bingo! We Have A Winner.
Chapter 14: Sweetie, Why Would You Get Yourself Knocked Up?
Chapter 15: Ready Set, Don't Go.
Chapter 16: Be There For Our Little Family.
Chapter 17: When It All Comes Crashing Down.
Chapter 18: The Heir Of The Scott's Household.
Chapter 19: He's Back And He Has A Confession.
Chapter 20: Pizza Faces.
Chapter 22: Chocolate Orange Cookies.
Chapter 23: Driving Home For Christmas.
Chapter 24 - Getting Lost In This Moment Forever.
Chapter 25: Aren't You The Cutest Couple?
Chapter 26: Shall I?
Chapter 27: Falling Behind.
Chapter 28: Exams.
Chapter 29: How Many Onesie's Do I Actually Need?
Chapter 30: The Meal.
Chapter 31: I'm Scared.
Chapter 32: A Long Process To A Magical Moment.
Chapter 33: Darlings.
Chapter 34: The Name Of The Game.
Chapter 35: Focus On The Future.
Chapter 36: Streesful Day.
Chapter 37: We Are Together, At Last (Epilogue.)
A Little Extra: Lacey's Little Space.

Chapter 21: Happy Tears and Promise Rings.

5.3K 146 61
By just_me_milly

Unplanned.

Chapter 21: Happy Tears and Promise Rings.

(4 Months, 3 Weeks Pregnant, Wednesday 9th December 2015.)

Today is going to be an emotional day and I knew that from last week when Toby received the letter. A letter which said that he got into the job that he wanted to. This wasn't the thing that I was emotional about, I was so happy that Toby got the job that he wanted to go onto. It was his dream, his driven dream that he will put into place soon; I am just not happy that his family took ages to accept his decision.

Well his brother took a long time to come round however, his family (his Mother and his Father) I don't think have responded to his life changing decision. Leaving him confused on where they stand. I don't know what how his parents will respond if Toby gets hurt.

No today is the day that Toby starts his training for his job, the day that he will go away for two weeks which will just leave two days until Christmas. I am going to miss him, I know it is just two weeks but I am so used to seeing him every other day and having two weeks away will be sad, not just for me but for the twins too. They love him.

I am emotional already from being pregnant and now I have to say goodbye to him too which just makes me more emotional.

Also adding onto this, I have to go alone to my five month appointment as it's a school day (again) and no one will be able to come with me. Olivia is at school, in a lesson while my appointment is going on. My Mother is teaching on the day and Jack is working also so I have to go by myself. I am not that bothered that I am going on my own but I am in a way as I get nervous something is going to happen to me or the babies.

As I enter the school building, I am hit with the cheap heating that the school offers, wrapping my cardigan around my belly as I walk towards my locker. Olivia is already in school, catching up on her work as she is falling behind. But I don't know where she is though. I think this is down to the fact that she spends all day and night talking to Adam and not paying attention to her school work.

Giving a small smile to the teachers, I make my way up the stairs and towards where my locker is located. The teaches just continue to talk amongst themselves as I pass them.

Once I am at my locker, Chloe gives me a fake smile as she talks to Jemma by hers and mine locker. Placing my bag onto the floor, I fetch my keys from my bag and stand by Jemma and Chloe. I could either:

1) Wait patiently by Jemma and Chloe until they have finished their conversation and risk being late to assembly.

2) The second option that I could do is stand there and look scary or mad, in hopes that she notices me and moves or at least apologies for blocking my way.

I choose the second option and stand there by my bag, placing my hands on my hips. I do this for the next couple of minutes, but they don't take any notice of me at all. They just carry on with their conversation, like I am not just waiting there and waiting to go to my locker.

Jemma moves her head to the left hand side and notices me standing there – waiting for my locker. She gives me a fake smile and raises her brow at me. "What do you want preggo?" She asks me.

This is getting old, calling me 'preggo' and making pathetic rumours up about me, like Toby has cheated on me with someone else or I have cheated on him. Just basically petty comments and rumours about me which is just irritating.

"I am waiting for you two to move so can you please move. I need to go to my locker." I ask them, taking my hands off my hips.

"Oh so the preggo speaks, I am having a conversation and you are just being rude and not listening to what I am saying or you are not being thoughtful at all, is she Chloe?" She sniggers at me, placing a piece of hair between her fingers, twirling it around. She then turns to face her friend.

So I am can either do two things again, I can either apologise or bite back. I have changed since I have become pregnant, I have gotten cocker and I have gotten stubbornness and I don't take bull crap from anyone. Not even someone who I hate, which just happens to be Chloe and Jemma.

"For your information, I have a name and it is Lacey. For second can you please move away from me as I need to go to my locker and you are in the way! So it will be very nice of you if you can move." I bite back.

Chloe glares at me and picks up her red bag from the floor with her newly done nails. Jemma huffs and moves away from my locker. I pass them as they walk past me (heading towards the toilets, I am guessing to re-apply their makeup). Rolling my eyes at them. I open up my locker and collect my things for today. Slamming my locker shut, I come face to face with Evie. Evie is currently wearing a dark red shirt that comes to her knees with black ankle boots and a grey jacket. "Hi, you okay? You look pale." She asks me, clutching her books towards her chest.

"Yeah I am okay, I do look pale but at least my morning sickness has gone down. It doesn't happen anymore what is a good thing." I state to her, closing my locker. We walk towards the assembly hall. Talking about random stuff.

I open the assembly doors, to find the head of year talking about god knows what. "So you are five months right? Aren't you nervous though as like you are going to be a Mother in eight months' time?" She informs me as we walk inside the assembly doors. She speaks a little too loud as the head of year has stopped talking.

Everyone whips there head around to face us, Olivia is seated on the second row back as she can't be arsed to walk up the flight of stairs to sit at the back, where all the 'idiots' sit. So she is either at the bottom or at the top; today she is at the bottom.

Whispers go around the assembly hall, some not even talking about us and some are talking about Evie but most of them are talking about the fact that I am pregnant. Which is bloody annoying.

"Can you please sit down or you may infect someone or get them pregnant. You all know all about the rumours that go around. She is infected." Jemma sniggers at no one in particular but everyone listens.

No one speaks up at the start but then Chloe says something. "Jemma that is not very nice at all. I'm sorry Lacey and Evie. She is pathetic." Chloe speaks up, nudging Jemma and scolds her.

"It's okay." I mumble.

The head of year gives us a look and finally speaks up. "I can't believe how you all are! It is not nice to speak about people like that. Yes she is pregnant and so is her friend but it is annoying. I constantly hear about those petty rumours that go around. But excuse my French but you all b*tch about everyone. Girls and guys are b*chty. Us teachers at b*tches and idiots too but not on the same level as you lot are. You need to realise that comments can hurt each and everyone of you. It doesn't have to be a big comment, a small one can be just as bad."

"Adding onto this, you all need to nicer when you speak to each other. You can't be nice to someone and then just b*tch behind their back. It is not nice, at all. You need to get along. Let this be a warning, if you push people away, they won't keep coming back. You all need to think long and hard about each other and what you want people to see you as. You want them to see you as a person, not as a person who talks crap about each other." He states.

He rubs his face with his hands. "Anyway, I have wasted enough of my time lecturing about this topic but I will be keeping a close eye on you lot and making sure you are okay. Adding onto this, you have an open day next Saturday and I would like you lot to join and do tours if you are okay to. Just go to madam at the end of the assembly." He speaks, changing the subject.

I and Evie take a step forward, walking towards the seats and thankfully no one pays attention to us.

#_#

"This chocolate cake is bloody lovely, it just melts in your mouth. I don't know if it is a mixer between hot and sticky with hot chocolate inside. Oh my, I need this in my life." I exclaim at Toby who is currently shoving in a slice of cheese cake.

He places his fork down on his now empty plate, rubbing his stomach, he sighs. "Lacey, I know I am going to go and see the world. But I am only going for training. If I don't like it or if you don't want me to go then I don't have to go. I can stay here, I can get a 'normal' job. Just say the word and I can stay here." He informs me.

I don't know why but I feel a mix of emotions run through me as a tear leaves my eye. Taking his hand in mine, I give him a smile. "Listen here darling, I don't want you to stay here, yes I will miss you but I will always miss you wherever you decide to end up. I want you to go and concur your dreams, make them happen. Go on this training because you want to, not because you are scared of what will happen. I love you and I don't want you to not go. You want to go and I want you to go too. So do us both a favour and go." I inform him, he rubs his fingertips against my hand, and then he gives it a small kiss.

Toby takes a little black box out of his trouser pocket. "Thank you babes. Now I am going to ask you something, you can also say no but I am going to tell you one thing. I am not going to propose to you but it is a promise ring. A ring to state that I am devoted to you. I love you Lacey and I know we have only been together for a short period of time but I do really love you. Love is love, not matter what form it comes in. I promise to stay by your side and to love you." He says to me which just brings more tears to my eyes.

But these are happy tears, I now know that I love this boy who I am sitting by, I don't care what people think of us or care that we are 'too young' but as Toby said, we are not getting engaged.

#_#

"Please be okay, you will be okay, right?" I ask Toby, releasing his arm.

"Yes I will be okay, you will be okay right? It's just two weeks, then I will be back. It will be over before you know it." He says to me, getting down on one knee, he lifts my top up and gives me stomach a kiss.

A smile spreads onto my face as he gets back up. "I got to go. My train will go." He states, he gives me a quick kiss and turns his head and walks away – heading towards the train.

"I love you, I will miss you but I will see you soon. Darling." I reply to him, waving at him as he enters his train.

I stand there for another couple of minutes, as the train leaves the station, a tear falls from my eyes. I will miss him but I love him and I will wait.

#_#

End of chapter 21.

This chapter was hard to write at the start but then I got into it and it became this. I am not sure if I can update for two weeks but I may be able to.

I would like to finish this story by Christmas but it may not happen but a girl can dream, right?

Questions:

1. What do you like to do in your free-time?

2. What music are you into?

3. Do you think they are too young to be promised to each other?

Anyway, I am going to go.

Vote, comment and fan.

<Milly>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 931 1
"You're not serious right?" He gave me a bored look, turning around to face me completely. He brought his face a little closer and parted his lips t...
2.3K 261 12
If you haven't read The Unforgettable Summer yet, I strongly advise you at least read that first, as there will be big spoilers in this book! This bo...
6.1K 202 11
"Aaron..." She giggled as I ran my nose down along the side of her neck. That's my favourite sound...her laugh. "I'm trying to study, if I don't st...
44.7K 1K 26
The year of 2024.. A girl named luxe (luh-cs) has a rare condition a condition which made her stop growing at 2 years of age. Her parents thought she...