The Forgotten Girl

By KatietheCaterpillar

Alison Parkington had lived in the orphanage her entire life. Everything was perfect besides the fact that sh... More

Chapter one: When It All Changes
Chapter Two: Intensive Cleaning
Chapter three: Returning Home
Chapter four: There's always a first
Chapter Five: The Devil Wears Pink
Chapter Six: It only gets better
Chapter seven: Fighting Back
Chapter Eight: Dreams
Chapter nine: Disarming, Qudditch, and a Brawl?
Chapter Ten: A Secret Weapon
Chapter Eleven: Secrets to Keep
Chapter Twelve: Such a Merry Christmas
Chapter Thirteen: Chocolates, Stars, and Dreams
Chapter Fourteen: And The Truth Is Spilled
Chapter Fifteen: The Toad Takes Over
Chapter Sixteen: Easter Heart to Hearts
Chapter Seventeen: Unforgivable Happenings
Chapter Eighteen: And the war begins
Part Two-Chapter one: Life at the Burrow
Chapter Two: Midnight Conversation
Chapter Three: Quidditch, Birthday Cake, Letters, and Love
Chapter Four: Weasleys' Wizards Wheezes
Chapter Five: Back to Hogwarts We Go
Chapter Six: Some Gifts Aren't So Pleasant
Chapter Seven: A Fatherly Message.....Kind of?
Chapter Eight: Officially a Slugclub Member
Chapter Nine: Slugclub and Quidditch
Chapter Ten: Romance Is Thick In The Air
Chapter Eleven: Christmas With the Weasleys
Chapter Twelve: Dad, Homework, and Poison
Chapter Thirteen: The Quidditch Troll
Chapter Fifteen: The Unwanted Lunch Date
Chapter Sixteen: Break Ups Are In The Air Tonight
Chapter Seventeen: The Championship
Chapter Eighteen: In The Common Room
Chapter Nineteen: Deatheaters and Werewolves
Chapter Twenty: The Beginning of the End
NOTICE

Chapter Fourteen: Secrets Revealed

152 4 1
By KatietheCaterpillar

Chapter Fourteen: Secrets Revealed

“You have to admit,” Dean began. They were sitting around the fire, the Quidditch team too revved up to go to sleep, “it was kind of funny when Harry got hit.”

Alison sat up straight and narrowed her eyes at him.

“There was nothing funny about it.” Ginny said crossing her arms and staring at him. Peakes and Coote nodded their heads in agreement.

“Sure there was. I mean come on. Have a sense of humor.” Dean said playfully.

“It. Wasn’t. Funny.” Ginny said all traces of happiness gone from her voice.

“Jeeze, calm down. Why do you care so much anyways. I’m your boyfriend.” Dean said rolling his eyes.

“That’s got nothing to do with this!” Ginny yelled jumping out of her seat. Peakes and Coote hurried off before they could get dragged into the fight. Alison stood hoping she too could get away, but she wasn’t quick enough.

“You’re telling me that if George thought it was funny and Ali defended Harry it would be plausible for George to think she wanted to date him?!” Her voice was growing louder and drawing the attention of the few people still up.

“Gin, leave me out of this.” Alison said weakly.

“Yeah! It is!” Dean yelled back at her.

Alison cringed in her seat, “FINE!” Ginny yelled, “I have nothing more to say to you!” she said and hurried off up to their dorm. Alison followed after her quickly not wanting Dean to have a go at her too.

Harry and Ron were released Monday morning and Alison had never been so happy to see Ron at the breakfast table. She had rushed up and engulfed him in a hug, which earned her a glare from Lavender.

“I don’t have to put up with that troll anymore!” Alison cheered. Ron laughed.

“What about me?” Harry asked holding his arms out. Alison rolled her eyes and hugged him too, “How’s the head?” she asked him knocking on it with her good hand.

“Just dandy, how’s your hand?” he asked. Alison had told him what she had done the morning after he had woken up. Harry had laughed for a good five minutes.

“Sore.” Alison said and frowned, “and I started detentions today!” she said with mock excitement.

“How fun.” Harry said with a cheesy grin. Alison smacked him and made her way to Ginny, who had made up with Dean a few moments ago.

By the end of the week Alison was sure her hand was never going to heal. McGonagall had made her scrape off years of old gum from under the desks in her classroom, without magic. Seeing as Alison was right handed, and that was the hand she had broken, she was forced to use it the whole week.

Friday night when she finally made it back to the common room she was too tired to trudge all the way up the stairs. So instead she fell onto one of the couches. There was barley anyone left in the common room, which was unusual for a Friday night. Alison closed her eyes and gave a sigh of relief, she was finally done with detentions however her hand was throbbing.

“Shouldn’t you go up to bed?” a familiar voice asked her, Alison cracked open one eye to see Harry and his mop of black hair standing above her.

“Too tired.” She answered and closed her eye again.

“Sit up.” Harry said and gently pushed her feet off the couch. He sat down beside her. Alison groaned but sat up and looked over at Harry. They had been spending a lot of time together this year, especially when Ron and Hermione had been fighting, but now they hadn’t been alone in quite awhile.

“Do you need something?” she asked him a little annoyed, she really just wanted to sleep.

“Actually,” Harry said hesitantly, “I wanted to try something.”

“Try what?” Alison asked not sure what he was getting at.

“This.” He said and leaned in close. Before Alison could react his lips touched hers but he quickly pulled away.

“That was a very bad idea.” Harry said not meeting her eyes.

Alison shocked looked up at him, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Not that you’re a bad kisser, just that I was stupid.” Harry tried to amend quickly. “I just needed to see something.”

“See what exactly?” Alison asked crossing her arms.

“If I could not like Ginny.” He mumbled under his breath.

“And you thought kissing me would—wait, what?!” she asked registering what he had just said.

“I shouldn’t like Ginny because she’s Ron’s little sister.” He said a little louder.

Alison fought back a smile, now Ginny just needed to lose Dean, “Why should that matter?” she asked him trying to keep her voice level.

“I don’t know!” Harry sighed and stood up. He walked away and up to the boys’ dormitory. Alison stood up and did a happy little dance of joy before turning in for bed.

***

“This isn’t going to be much of a holiday.” Ginny said glumly as they made their way to the common room. They had just had their last lesson before Easter holiday and had been given enough work for an entire semester due when they all resumed classes.

“At least you’ll have time for it.” Alison said as she threw her bag onto a table in the corner. Colin was already absorbed in his books.

“Where are you even going?” Ginny asked sitting down and making no move to begin studying.

“I have no idea.” Alison said truthfully. “I just know that we leave tomorrow morning, so I want to try and get as much of this done as possible.” She said and began on her mountain of homework.

The three of them sat at their corner table until three in the morning, though Ginny and Colin had the whole Holiday they stayed up with Alison.

“Ali, you’re not going to finish all of it. There’s no way!” Ginny said as she fought a yawn.

“Yeah,” Colin said, his head pillowed on a pile of books, “Let’s go to bed.” He suggested. Alison slumped in her chair, “All right.” She said giving in and they went to bed.

The next morning Alison got up before the sun did. With two hours of sleep she packed her rucksack and put on some robes. Snape had told her to meet him in the entrance hall at six. Half asleep she trudged through the castle and down the many flights of stairs. Twice she got lost.

When she finally reached the entrance hall Snape was there waiting. He gave an impatient smile and snapped his fingers for her to hurry up. Alison picked up the pace and he started down the front lawn, Alison hurrying to keep up.

“Are you going to tell me where we’re going yet?” she asked him as they reached the school gates.

“We’re going to my house for a few days, and then to visit some friends before coming back to school.” He said and held out his arm, “Hold on.” Alison did as she was told and held onto his forearm. Snape turned on the spot and Alison was suddenly constricted in black nothingness. As soon as it came the suffocating feeling left and they were standing on a drab street looking at a three story town house.

“It isn’t much,” Snape said walking up the front steps, “But it works.” He turned the key and allowed Alison to walk inside. He shut the door and led Alison down the narrow hallway and into a room entirely encased in books.

“You may read any of these while you’re here.” He said and pushed on a bookcase revealing a flight of stairs. He walked up them onto the second landing, “This will be your room for now.” He said opening a door on the right, “and across from you is the bathroom. I’m on the third floor.”

Alison gave him a warm smile and stepped into the room. It was small, but nice. It would work for the week, and she had a desk to finish the homework she had left.

“I’ll call you down for dinner.” Snape said and left shutting the door.

Alison set her bags on the bed and pulled out her homework, determined to finish it so she could tackle the library of books downstairs. By the time Snape called up to her for dinner she had only one essay left. If anything Alison had become a professional at working fast. She shut her book and made her way down the stairs. In the main room a bookcase was propped open leading out to the kitchen.

Alison walked through it to find a small yet clean kitchen with a small table set with food. Snape was sitting in one of the chairs waiting for her.

“It smells good.” Alison said truthfully and sat in the empty chair.

“I hope it tastes good.” Snape said and began to eat. Alison smiled and followed his example.

“It sure does!” she said happily after her first bite. Snape smiled at her and they continued to eat. When they were done Alison offered to do the dishes. Snape insisted that he help her.

“So what are these friends of yours like?” she asked him as she dried a plate.

“They’re a bit hard to handle.” He said truthfully, “Do you always ask so many questions?” he asked her.

Alison looked over at him, “You should know the answer to that by now.” She said with a smirk.

“Always have to know what’s going on.” He said fondly, “Just like your mother you are.”

Alison smiled at him, she liked when he told her that. “Can you tell me about her?” she asked him.

“Your mother?”

“Yeah?”

“Well she was kind. And smart. She had a way with people, always making friends. She was fairly good at potions, though I’m a bit better at it. She never lost her temper—“

“Well I didn’t get that trait.” Alison said sarcastically. Snape chuckled. It was a very odd thing to hear.

“No you did not. She loved stories too, and learning new things. She had a knack for causing trouble though. You’re quite a lot like her, and yet at the same time not so much. Though you look just like her.”

Alison smiled at him. “I wish I could have known her.” She said softly.

“I do too.” Snape said and handed Alison another plate.

That night Alison finished her final essay for school. The next day she sat in the main room downstairs in an armchair, her feet swung over the side and a book in her lap. She only surfaced for meals and afterwards she and Snape would do the dishes together. That is how their week went.

It was while they were eating and cleaning that Alison learned new things, like that Snape had had a hard childhood. Or that her mother had been Snape’s best friend as a child. And Snape learned new things about Alison like she hated keeping secrets and wearing shoes. Or that she bites her nails when nervous.

It wasn’t a lie to say that Alison was sad the holidays were quickly coming to an end. She had grown fond of being here with Snape and had begun calling him Dad regularly.

It was the last evening before they were going to visit Snape’s friends and head back to Hogwarts. Alison was once again seated in her chair a book open in her lap. She was almost finished with it.

“Alison?” Snape asked form his own chair.

“Yeah?” She asked looking up from her book, holding her spot with her finger.

“I want to talk to you about tomorrow.”

“Okay.” She said and waited for him to continue.

“My friends are very particular with how things are run, and I want to set a few rules before we get there, though only so they don’t become angry. It is important that you only talk when you are spoken to. Never interrupt, and don’t object. Agree to what you are told, whether you believe it or not. Do you understand?” Alison nodded her head a little confused as to why Snape would be friends with people like this.

“Now perhaps you should get to bed. It’s late.” Snape said with a smile. Alison nodded her head and closed the book, “Good night, Dad.” She said and walked up to her room taking the book with her.  

The next morning Snape came and woke Alison early. He told her to pack her things and come down for breakfast, so she did. Though he had told her to go to bed the night before Alison had stayed up late and finished her book. When she finally made it downstairs Snape set eggs and toast in front of her. Alison ate them, yawning occasionally, and then helped with the dishes.

Once the kitchen was clean, and Alison had put the room she had used back in order they set off down the road. When they reached a safe spot Snape held out his arm to her. Alison took a hold of it and held her breath as he spun on the spot.

They appeared outside of a large stone mansion. The gates were locked and Snape had to send word for someone to open it, when the gates creaked open Snape led Alison through them. The pathway was lined with hedges and behind them were large white peacocks roaming among the fountains and flowerbeds. Alison stared wide eyed at the beautiful birds until Snape pulled impatiently on her arm.

“Come along.” He said and pulled her up to the door. Alison followed after him. Snape reached up and knocked on the door twice. Alison looked up at the large mansion standing before her. Snape must know some really rich people. The door opened and standing behind it was none other than Draco Malfoy. Alison did a double take. And a vision swam to the front of her mind.

She, Snape, and the Malfoys were all seated around a long dining table. It was long enough to seat well over thirty people however they were crowded around one end of it and at the head of the table was Lord Voldemort himself.

Alison bit back the gasp she wanted to let out and took a small step back from the door.    

________________________________________________________________

Author’s note: Hey guess what! I’m on time!! Whoop! Anyways, this was kind of a filler chapter, but with some interesting twists and sweet moments. I hope you liked it, tell me what you think! Comment? Vote? Fan? Share my story? xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
365K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
436K 15.5K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
122K 3.2K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...