Mugshot II: Jail [Calum Hood...

Door rvante_

"You look at me and you see memories. I look at you and I see pain." Book 2 of Mugshot. Decided to discontinu... Meer

OVERVIEW
Chapter 1 (past)
Chapter 2 (present)
Chapter 3 (present)
Chapter 4 (past)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Not an update, please read.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Random but please read :)
Chapter 19 pt. 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
important notice.
Very important, please read.
Chapter 39
Wow, this is sudden.
Survival 101 is now up
Chapter 40
Please read. Important!

Chapter 9

725 39 8
Door rvante_

Calum's POV

"Hey, Cal?" Someone called as a hand land on my shoulder.

I took a quick look to see that it is Luke then I turned back at the direction where I saw her, but she is already gone.

"Calum?" Luke called again and I turned to him. "Are you--"

I wasn't able to hear Luke's next words for I ran off to the spot where I saw her, hoping that she is still around, or near that spot.

"Cal!" I hear Luke stop behind me.

"I think I saw her." I faced Luke.

"Who?" He asked, obviously confused.

"Summer."

"What?"

"I think I saw her, Luke!" I exclaimed, catching the attention of the other people around.

"Calm down, Cal." Luke tells me.

"It's her, Luke." I say. "It's Summer."

I don't know what to feel right now, or what to believe and what to do. Did my eyes betrayed me earlier? Or am I just imagining things? Is this the result of what Dylan told me back in the plane? I don't know, I am confused right now and I can literally hear my racing heartbeat.

"I need to find her." I tell Luke as I start to lose my head. "I need to--"

"Daddy?" Dylan's voice rang my ears.

"Dylan." I turned to him, almost forgot about my son. "I'm so sorry." I say as I kneel down on his level. "Sorry, angel." I repeat as I hug him.

"It's okay, Daddy." He says before wrapping his little arms on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Yes." I kinda lied. "Daddy is okay."

I carried him up before turning back to my brother. I can see that Luke is still confused of the words I said not so long ago.

"Let's go back at the hotel." Luke suggested and I nod.

As Luke and I walk back at he hotel, I am still in disbelief of what I saw. As far I can remember, I didn't drink last night with them, I didn't take any drugs or shits for me to see or hallucinate things.

"Dylan, Daddy is gonna leave you here first, okay?" I tell my son as I place him down at the bed. "Daddy will just talk to your uncles."

"Okay, Daddy."

"Good boy." I say. "Daddy will be back. Love you."

I went out of the room, leaving my son alone. I don't want him to be confused just because of what I saw earlier at the place we visited. I know that it is her, but, how?

"Calum, are you okay?" Michael asked me.

"I don't know." I say. "I have no idea."

"Luke said you saw Summer at the temple." Harry says. "We all know that it is impossible."

"I know." I say. "But I--" I stopped, not knowing what to say next.

"Cal, just relax." Luke tells me. "Maybe it's not her, you just thought it was her."

"I need to go back there, guys." I tell them. "I need to--"

"There is no need for that, Calum." Connor cuts me off.

"Connor is right." Michael says. "We aren't gonna let you go back there."

"Yeah." Luke says. "We're going back to New York immediately."

"What?!" I exclaimed. "We can't go back to New York yet!"

"Cal," Luke sighed. "Staying here in Bali will not do anything good for you if you continue thinking that it is Summer that you saw."

I know that Luke is right, if I continue thinking that it is Summer, I will go insane for looking for someone who is already dead 4 years ago.

"I-I'm sorry guys." I say. "It's just.." I paused. "It's just.."

"We are going back to New York immediately." Luke says, and I know that it will happen.

Jason's POV

"What?!" I exclaimed. "The Waylands are here in Bali?!"

"Yeah." Cameron answers. 

"We gotta get back to Canada right now." 

"I'll book a flight back now." 

Cameron left me at the hotel pool to work on the plane tickets. What the fuck are the Waylands doing here in Bali? Is it a coincidence? Good thing Cameron was able to take away Daine and Jade from that temple immediately before Calum can approach her, or else, I am doomed by now.

The thought of Calum and Daine almost crossing paths again is making me fucking nervous, I can't allow that to happen, not now, not in the future, not anytime.

I went back in our suite and still a bit on wreck.

"Jason?" Daine called the moment I entered the suite.

"Hey, babe."

"You okay?"

"Yeah." I lied. "Just a bit worried."

"Worried?" Daine questioned. "Why?"

"Just at work." I lied. "My boss he called and he needed me back as soon as possible."

"Oh." Daine says. "When are we going back to Ontario?"

"I'm so sorry about this, babe." I say as I reach for her hand. "I really want us to spend the holidays here in Bali, but we have to go home."

"That's okay." Daine smiled a little. "I hope we can explore Bali a bit more, but I understand that you have a job to work with."

"Thanks, babe." I say before kissing her forehead.

Good thing that my acting skills are still on point. I feel bad that we have to leave Bali soon, but that is for the best, I can't risk staying in here, knowing that the Waylands are just around. Calum already saw her, even called her name, I can't risk that again.

Daine's POV

Leaving Bali so soon made me sad, but we have no choice since Jason's boss called him back. He is doing real good at the job that he is in, we can't afford him losing the job where we get the monthly income.

"Mommy, why are we leaving so soon?" Jade asked me as she watch me pack up our things.

"Daddy is needed at the office, sweetheart." I say. "But we'll be back here in Bali next time."

Earlier at the temple that we visited today with Cameron, there is a guy who called me at the name "Summer" as he looks at me, it's like he is calling me but with a different name. His voice is familiar, something that I think I may have heard before. I looked at him, wanting to ask on why he is calling me Summer. I can see the way that he looked at me, it is different, I want to know why and who he is, but Cameron pulled me and Jade away.

"Daine?" Jason's voice from behind took me back on my senses.

"Yeah?" I turned to him.

"We have to go now."

"Okay." I say. "I just finished packing up."

We headed into the airport and ready to take the flight back to Canada. This will be another long ass time on the plane.

Calum's POV

"Daddy?" Dylan called me.

"Yes, angel?" I ask, not taking my gaze away from the Indonesian magazine that I am reading.

"Why are we going back to New York already?"

"Because Daddy needs to get back to work." I lied. "And your uncles as well."

"Oh."

"Don't you want to go home yet?" I turn to him.

"Well.." Dylan trailed. "I want to stay more here in Bali but we need to go home." He frowned.

"I'm sorry, angel." I say. "But we really have to go home."

"Okay." I can feel the sadness in his tone.

"Sorry, angel." I say before kissing the top of his head. 

Maybe this Bali trip is not a good idea after all. But, no, I am not blaming Luke, he just wanted to celebrate the holidays in a new way.

"Go to sleep now, Dylan." I tell him. "We are leaving early tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Daddy."

I waited for Dylan to fall asleep, when he finally is, I went out of our suite and headed down at the hotel pool. I just want some fresh air so I can think again.

Maybe I am just overthinking what I saw earlier. But how couldn't I? It is Summer that I saw, maybe not her but it is impossible that someone looks exactly like her, what, a clone? It's fucking impossible. Having all these commotions is making my head spin, and I don't want to drink because we are leaving early tomorrow, I don't want a hangover.

I laid at the lounge chair, looking at the night sky of Bali. Maybe I just miss her a lot, it's been 4 years since she died, since she left me, maybe I am still not over the fact that she is gone, that she won't be coming back anymore. Even though I want her to come back, I want it so bad, she will not.

"Cal?" Someone called me.

I sat at the lounge chair and saw Connor.

"Hey." I say.

"You okay?" He asked. "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"I can't sleep."

"Is it Summer?"

"Yeah, Con." I sighed. "I don't know. I feel like I will explode."

"You know, Cal," Connor looked at me. "I never knew her that much, but I can see that she is a nice person because you love her so much."

"She is the best thing that happened to me, Con." I say. "She changed me in the best ways."

"Do you think she's alive?" Connor asked, which caught me a bit off guard.

"What?" I ask.

"Do you think she's alive?" Connor repeated, emphasizing on the word "alive".

I don't know what to answer on Connor's question. It's impossible that she is alive. We repeated that DNA test for multiple times and the results are all the same, it is Summer. If she is alive, where have she been for the past 4 years?

"That's impossible." I finally answered, but not really knowing if I mean it or not.

I am a bit confused on why is Connor asking stuff like that, we all know that being dead means not coming back to life anymore. But then, there is some little hope inside me, hoping that she is alive and that she is the one I saw at the temple earlier.

Connor and I walked back to our suite to see Luke and Michael sitting on the couch quietly.

"Hey." Connor greeted them.

"Sorry that we have to get back to New York so soon, Cal." Luke looked at me.

"We just don't want you to have a relapse." Michael added.

"Maybe my sight was just fucking around with me earlier." I say.

Connor left the zone but he bid us goodnight before going. I sat at the other couch and looked at my brothers.

"I just miss her so bad." I say.

"We all do, Cal." Michael tells me.

And that's when I remember that Michael and Summer are good friends in NYU. That cute moment when they saw each other at our house, the night that I brought Summer with me for dinner.

"What are you gonna do in New York, Luke?" I ask.

"Hang around, I guess." Luke answers.

Michael has his own videogame shop for a business and past time. I have the restaurant and I have no idea what Luke has.

"Dad asked me to help on the hotel we own in New York." Luke says, answering the what I was about to ask.

"Looks like we are all gonna be busy when we get back to New York." Michael says.

"I think you should hire a nanny for Dylan." Luke suggested.

"No, Luke." I say. "I can handle my son." I say.

"Okay then."

Morning came and we are already here in the airport, waiting for the flight.

"Dad, I'm hungry." Dylan groaned.

"Okay, what do you want to eat, kiddo?"

"I want nuggets."

"Nuggets it is." I smiled.

Dylan and I walked to the airport's foodcourt. The flight is still in 2hours, so we still have enough time for food.

"Daddy, can we go to Disneyland?" Dylan asked before dipping his nugget into the BBQ sauce.

"That sounds fun." I say.

"So, we can go?" He looked at me.

"If that's what my kiddo wants." I smiled.

Maybe Disneyland will make me forget what I saw here in Bali. And I want Dylan to be happy this Christmas.

Jason's POV

Jade and I are on our way to the foodcourt, I am hungry and so is Jade. Daine and Cameron decided to stay at the waiting area of our flight terminal.

I just really want to leave Bali as soon as possible. It is making me really uncomfortable and paranoid. The thought of the Waylands being around is just making my head spin. There are many places in the world that they can go to and they chose Bali, the same time when I decided to go here as well. Is my end coming?

"Justin?" My thoughts fall and my gaze went straight.

And that's when I saw him a few meters from us, Calum Hood with a little boy beside him. I can feel my heart racing as I squeeze Jade's hand a little. Of all the places in the airport, considering that this is a big one, why did our paths crossed? Why did I have to see him? We just look at each other, both surprised as if we've both seen a ghost.

It seems like we all froze at our places and everything went slow, and the only fast thing that I can feel is my heart racing at my chest.

"Jason?" Someone called behind me, and since my head is fucking not with me right now, I have no idea who it was.

*****

Oh wow, this is a bit intense. We are so fucking close guys, just keep hanging tight ;)

And hey, thank you so much for getting Mugshot book 1 to 100k reads and 2.9k votes (as of Jan 2, 2015 at 1:33pm Manila time)! It really means a lot to me and I almost cried.

Anyway, this chapter is like crazy. I know some of you hates Justin/Jason in this book, but yeah, we have to have a villain in every good story lol.

Please do vote and comment down what you think of this chapter. Thanks a bunch! :)

Seeya next chapter, loves ♥

-- Rej xx

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

72.8K 2.4K 38
'No questions. I won't ask you about your past, you won't ask about mine. The only past we talk about is ours. And no asking about my problems. Every...
26.4K 680 28
"i'm looking through you while you're looking through your phone, and then leaving with somebody else." It didn't matter what time it was. Every time...
827 93 37
"Mikey, you're awake." I say as I walk into his hospital room. I sit down on the bed and begin to talk. "I was worried that you we're going to be awa...
6.9K 260 32
This book is a sequel, please read "Captivity" before reading this. - A girl always forgives. But never forgets. - All he wanted was for her to promi...