stranger // camren

Oleh l2tpkacey

"wait," lauren called, running after her. "what's your name?" the girl stared for a while with a small smile... Lebih Banyak

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
A TRALIER
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one

ten

19.6K 597 364
Oleh l2tpkacey

"so i leave for europe for a few months, and you make friends with a popstar?" dinah, camila's friend from highschool, asked.

camila nodded, popping a grape in her mouth.

"what the fuck?" dinah shoved her friend, almost making her choke on her grape.

"dinah!" she scolded. "what's the big deal anyway?"

dinah's mouth formed an 'o' shape. "what's the big deal? are you fucking serious? did you lose brain cells while i was gone? you're friend with lauren jauregui! that's the big deal!"

"she's still a regular person, dinah." she shrugged.

"yeah, a regular person who has a mansion and several hit songs on the radio." dinah rolled her eyes.

"her house is pretty big." camila agreed eating another grape.

"dude what the fuck!" dinah shoved camila again.

"if you shove me one more time i'll kick you in the throat." camila threatened.

"you've been over at her house?!"

camila nodded. "slept over too."

"how the fuck did you suddenly become cooler than me in less than three months?!" dinah explained, grabbing her head as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing.

the brunette laughed. "she doesn't know my name though."

dinah furrowed her eyebrows, "um why?"

"because... you know." camila eyed her.

dinah nodded. "okay yeah... but you should still tell her."

camila shook her head. "nah, i'm good."

dinah rolled her eyes. "ugh, you're so annoying.

she stuck out her tongue for a few seconds then smiled widely at her friend. "you love me though."

"unfortunately." dinah rolled her eyes again.

camila scoffed, shoving dinah this time.

"kidding, kidding!" she giggled but then went serious. "but do you think you can introduce us?"

camila shrugged. "i dunno. maybe."

"camila, please. c'mon." dinah begged.

she laughed and held up her hand to stop her friend. "okay, okay. shut up. i'll call her later."

"yes!" dinah cheered. "my college friends are gonna be so jealous! especially ashely."

camila frowned. she always did when dinah talked about college. she could never go and if she did- she would never finish.

"sorry." dinah quickly apologized when she noticed the mood change in her best friend.

"it's cool." camila nodded.

"call lauren now!" dinah shoved camila again.

"okay, okay!" camila took out her phone, dialing lauren's number.

"hey stranger, what's up?" camila heard the familiar voice, instantly making her smile.

"hey, lauren. look, i have a best friend and she's a really big fan-"

"say no more," lauren interrupted. "you want me to meet her?"

"if it's no trouble." camila bit her lip.

"sure, i'll meet her, but look i'm in a meeting right now, can i call you in an hour?"

"yeah."

"bye."

camila put down the phone once lauren hung up. "we'll meet her in an hour."

"yayyyy!" dinah clapped her hands together. "this is so awesome! how the fuck is my best friend, best friends with a celebrity?"

"we're not best friends. just friends?" camila shrugged.

"or do you feel a little more than friends?" dinah raised her eyebrow.

the smaller girl rolled her eyes. "no. besides she has vanessa."

"who you hate." dinah pointed out.

"i don't hate her. i just feel like she deserves someone better." camila shrugged again, getting up to get a water bottle.

"is that someone you?" dinah asked with a smirk.

stranger narrowed her eyes, "no dinah. how could it even be me? i just met her and if i hadn't been walking down that street, i would've never met her."

"be thankful you were!"

"whatever." camila mumbled, looking down.

"why would lauren even keep you around anyway?"

"what do you mean?"

"like she could've just brushed you off and never spoke to you again. why are you guys even friends?"

this was a question camila thought about everyday. why did lauren take the effort to be her friend when she could've just apologized for bumping into her and walked away.

camila shrugged. "i dunno. she was the one who found me the second time."

"maybe it was love at first sight." dinah teased.

camila picked up and grape, tossing it at her best friend's face. "shut up."

-

lauren parked her car in front of stranger's mom's restaurant after her meeting. she was about to meet her friend and for some reason she felt nervous.

"lauren!" sinu greeted lauren when she entered the door.

"sinu, hi." lauren smiled. "where's your daughter? she told me i was supposed to meet her here."

sinu nodded and pointed behind her. "she's in the back."

lauren muttered a thanks before moving her way to the back where sinu instructed to go.

"hey." she called out making stranger stand up.

"hey! you made it." camila stood up with a huge smile on her face.

lauren noticed a taller girl behind her. "you must be the friend?" she laughed.

"yeah," the taller girl approached lauren. "i'm dinah." she held out her hand, which lauren kindly took. "i'm a huge fan, i love your music, and god, you're so beautiful."

"okay, i think she get it." camila cut off her friend's rambling about the beauty of the singer.

"sorry." dinah blushed.

"it's cool." lauren laughed, "it's a pleasure to meet you dinah. how do you and-" lauren stopped herself. she still didn't know her name.

dinah caught onto what she meant, she knew that lauren didn't know camila's name. "uh, we met in high school and have been friends ever since. i'm now in my first year of college."

"congrats," lauren smiled. she then turned to camila. "are you in college too?"

camila shook her head. "not my thing." she lied, but convinced lauren with a smile earning a sympathetic look from dinah.

so many secrets lauren thought.

"so how do you know my socially awkward best friend?" dinah asked making camila roll her eyes.

lauren giggled, "i ran into her in the street after i got into a fight with my manger, and then she told me that me and vanessa didn't make a cute couple."

dinah's eyes widened. "what the fuck? you didn't tell me that part!"

camila awkwardly scratched the back of her neck, blushing in embarrassment.

"it's cool." lauren smiled, finding a liking in this dinah. "um, she made me realize somethings i was too blind to see i guess." she said, making camila look at her and smile, but lauren kept looking at dinah.

"so you and vanessa are over?" dinah asked.

"no."

camila's smile dropped to a frown.

"oh." was all dinah said.

there was a temporary awkward silence that no one knew how to fill.

lauren's phone rang and she picked it up to check to see who it was. "speak of the devil," she muttered sliding the button. "hey, v."

"lauren!"

"now is not a good time." lauren told her.

vanessa pouted. "and why not?"

"because i'm some people right now." she sighed.

"and are those people the girl you've been hanging with lately?"

"yes, vanessa."

that made her angrier. "why are you always with her? who is she anyway?"

"she's a friend, v." lauren sighed, running her hand down her face.

"whatever."

lauren sighed again when she realized vanessa hung up. she had no idea what was her problem and no idea how to solve it, it seemed like everything lauren did vanessa got mad at.

"looks like i have some apologizing to do later." lauren faked smiled.

"why do you keep going through this?" camila touched lauren's arm.

lauren shrugged. "i love her."

"dump her." she said.

"it's not that easy." lauren scowled.

"lauren, she obviously doesn't-"

"i don't wanna hear it, okay?"

camila nodded, shutting up. she then looked at dinah. dinah knew exactly how her best friend was feeling. she wanted the best for lauren.

"i just want what's best for you." camila said what dinah was just thinking.

lauren scoffed, "you don't know me."

camila sighed here we go again every time they argued it always started with lauren saying that she didn't know her. and finally camila was gonna argue back.

"that doesn't change the fact that im fucking human lauren! just because i haven't known you as long doesn't mean i don't care! vanessa is a fucking bitch and why cant you see that?" camila huffed. "people who 'love each other' don't do that to one another."

lauren stayed quiet as the smaller girl yelled the truth at her.

"you're so naïve, god!" camila threw her hands up in frustration before storming out the back of the restaurant.

lauren and dinah awkwardly glanced at each other.

"you hungry?" dinah asked.

"starving." lauren replied.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

22.1K 610 8
Things are not as bad as they seem... Camila will soon learn that a misunderstanding could lead to something so real she didn't even know she wanted
78.7K 3.3K 3
On the first day that Lauren starts working at Starbucks, she swears to herself that she will never write her number down on someone's coffee cup. ...
1.7M 54.9K 44
A small girl catches my attention one day during lunch and I can't seemed to get her off my mind. My new friends and others advise me to stay away fr...
116K 4.3K 25
"...I didn't realize it at the time, but you were exactly what I needed that night. I needed one person to reach out. I needed someone to show me tha...