The Forgotten Girl

By KatietheCaterpillar

Alison Parkington had lived in the orphanage her entire life. Everything was perfect besides the fact that sh... More

Chapter one: When It All Changes
Chapter Two: Intensive Cleaning
Chapter three: Returning Home
Chapter four: There's always a first
Chapter Five: The Devil Wears Pink
Chapter Six: It only gets better
Chapter seven: Fighting Back
Chapter Eight: Dreams
Chapter nine: Disarming, Qudditch, and a Brawl?
Chapter Ten: A Secret Weapon
Chapter Eleven: Secrets to Keep
Chapter Twelve: Such a Merry Christmas
Chapter Thirteen: Chocolates, Stars, and Dreams
Chapter Fourteen: And The Truth Is Spilled
Chapter Fifteen: The Toad Takes Over
Chapter Sixteen: Easter Heart to Hearts
Chapter Seventeen: Unforgivable Happenings
Chapter Eighteen: And the war begins
Part Two-Chapter one: Life at the Burrow
Chapter Two: Midnight Conversation
Chapter Three: Quidditch, Birthday Cake, Letters, and Love
Chapter Four: Weasleys' Wizards Wheezes
Chapter Five: Back to Hogwarts We Go
Chapter Six: Some Gifts Aren't So Pleasant
Chapter Eight: Officially a Slugclub Member
Chapter Nine: Slugclub and Quidditch
Chapter Ten: Romance Is Thick In The Air
Chapter Eleven: Christmas With the Weasleys
Chapter Twelve: Dad, Homework, and Poison
Chapter Thirteen: The Quidditch Troll
Chapter Fourteen: Secrets Revealed
Chapter Fifteen: The Unwanted Lunch Date
Chapter Sixteen: Break Ups Are In The Air Tonight
Chapter Seventeen: The Championship
Chapter Eighteen: In The Common Room
Chapter Nineteen: Deatheaters and Werewolves
Chapter Twenty: The Beginning of the End
NOTICE

Chapter Seven: A Fatherly Message.....Kind of?

177 4 0
By KatietheCaterpillar

Chapter Seven: A Fatherly Message…..Kind of?

Ginny looked over Alison’s head at Colin who only shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention to Alison.

“What can we do?” He asked her in a low whisper. Alison slumped, laying her head on the table. The cold wood was soothing on her forehead, “Make it go away.” She muttered into the table.

Ginny rubbed her back, “I’m not sure that’s within my power there Ali.” She said sheepishly.

Harry came walking up the table towards them and Alison sat up pretending as if nothing was wrong at all.

“Hello Harry.” She said with a pleasant smile. Harry shot her a smile back, “Can I count on you two for Quidditch?” he asked looking between Alison and Ginny.

“Of course!” Alison answered as if he was crazy, “What kind of question is that?” Harry smiled wide, “Ginny?”

Ginny smiled and nodded her head, “Why not?”

“Brilliant!” he said, “Saturday morning on the pitch for try outs!” he called over his shoulder as he walked away towards Hermione and Ron.

“Now, where were we?” Colin asked Alison. The smile slipped off her face and she rested her head in her hands, “They’re getting worse.” She admitted softly.

“Let’s just head up to the common room.” Colin offered and stood up. Alison and Ginny followed his example. When Alison stood she stumbled slightly. Colin and Ginny hooked arms with her, like they had done many times before, to keep her steady. To an outsider it looked as if nothing was wrong.

They only made it to the base of the marble stair case before a voice called out, “Miss Parker.” Alison detached herself from her best friends and turned around putting a smile on her face, “Yes Professor?” she answered looking up to see Snape standing in front of her.

“May I have a word with you?” he asked trying to keep his voice normal. Alison shrugged and waved Ginny and Colin off, “Sure thing Professor.” At one point in her life Alison would have been terrified to follow after Snape into the dungeons as she was now. However, the man standing before her wasn’t what she had once thought he was.

Snape pushed the door of his office open and gestured for Alison to step inside. She did, and took a seat in the chair she had occupied more often than not over the last year. Snape shut the door and swept his way to his seat across the desk from her. He folded his hands and regarded Alison for a moment before speaking.

“You had another vision tonight.” It wasn’t a question but Alison nodded her head in answer.

“Tell me what happened.” He said. His voice gave no leeway to protest so Alison opened her mouth retelling the vision.

“You felt pain?” he asked her cutting her off as she spoke about the dagger. Alison nodded her head, “Right here.” She said pointing to her lower abdomen.

Snape nodded his head, “Tell me about last night.” He demanded now. Alison closed her eyes for a moment. She no longer forgot her visions like she once had, instead they tended to burn themselves onto the backs of her eyelids there to replay every time she shut her eyes.

“Dumbledore had been murdered. Y-you were there. You did it.” She began in a low whisper. “And then in the corridor, there were bodies. And I was there. Bleeding.” She shuddered at the memory of blood pouring out of her own mouth. Some of the details were fuzzy, like what Snape had hissed at her while she was bleeding. The real Snape continue to sit in front of her, his desk between them.

Alison reached up to wipe at her face, surprised to find it wet. Snape cleared his throat once and stood up.

“Thank you for telling me.” He said and began to pace behind his desk. Alison wasn’t sure what exactly was going on.

“Sir?” she asked. Snape flinched, but stopped pacing, “What’s wrong?” she asked. It was a rather bold move on her part. Snape composed himself and sat back down.

“What is between you and Mr. Weasley?” he asked suddenly. Alison suspected that this wasn’t what had been bothering him so much and became frustrated with being treated as though she was a child.

“There’s a number of them sir. You should be specific.” She emphasized the word sir because it seemed to cause him some form of pain when she said it. This time however he didn’t flinch. Instead he scowled.

“You are your mother’s child.” He muttered before continuing in his normal voice. “George. What is between you and George?” he asked.

Alison felt her face flush, but held her ground. “We’re dating. I thought it was pretty self-explanatory.”

“Well, as your….father,” Snape paused, not making eye contact with Alison, “I fear we must have a certain conversation.”

Alison felt her face get hotter and stood in protest, “I don’t think we do!” she nearly yelled backing away from his desk. “Honestly, I think I understand the pros and cons and what not.” She rambled on trying to avoid the conversation he was trying to have.

Snape looked up, his face appeared to be relieved, “Very well. I have one other request before you go.” Alison nodded her head, her face still hot.

“I want you to come to me with all of your visions. I feel as though they mean something important.”

Alison nodded her head and turned to leave.

“Good night Alison.” Snape said from behind her.

“Good night.” She replied and hurried to the common room.

***

Wednesday afternoon found Alison, Ginny, and Colin out on the grounds for Care of Magical creatures with a rather somber Hagrid. Alison had grown accustomed to Hagrid’s rather interesting, though sometimes dangerous, lessons. However as the second lesson of term she was finding this to be her least favorite class. Today they were feeding flobberworms. Alison was bored stiff.

When they were finally released from class Alison hung back. It was their last lesson of the day. She took an extra long time to pack her books waiting until she was the only one left. Hagrid looked over at her after putting away the crates of flobberworms.

“Best be gettin. You’ll be later fer dinner.” He said in the monotone voice he had adopted.

Alison frowned at him, “Hagrid,” she started, stopping him from entering his hut, “You’re not yourself.” She said.

Hagrid gave a gruff response and opened the door. He held it open and motioned Alison inside. She picked up her bag and placed it on the large wooden table in his hut taking a seat. Hagrid bustled around the kitchen making a pot of tea. He was silent until he placed the large tea pot, two mugs, and a plate of his rock cakes onto the table and fell into a second chair.

“I’m hurt.” Hagrid said into his tea mug.

“Why’s that?” Alison asked him taking a rock cake, though only to be polite. There were many things she’d rather eat. Like a flobberworm.

“Nobody, I mean nobody, is in meh N.E.W.T. class. Not even Hermione, Harry, and Ron.” Hagrid took out his large handkerchief and blew his nose.

Alison stood up and went over to pat his arm, “It’s alright Hagrid. I bet they just couldn’t fit you in their schedules. They’ve got a lot going on you know.” She said softly.

Hagrid just nodded his head and wiped his nose again, “Yeah, yeah, that’s what they’ll tell meh.”

Alison sighed softly, “It’s not like they hate you Hagrid.”

“It’s alright there Alison, I’ll be fine.” He said and waved her away, “Get ter dinner now would  ya?” he said and nearly shoved Alison out of the door.

Alison shook her head and made her way up to the castle. She had already missed dinner by the time she got there so she continued up to the common room. She gave the Fat Lady the password and climbed in through the portrait hole. Colin was sitting at a table in the back corner. It was covered entirely in books. Alison walked over to him and sat down in the chair across from him. May-Bell was immediately in her lap.

“Hey Col.” She said softly and stroked May-Bell’s fur.

“Hello Ali.” He replied without looking up.

“What’s all this?” she asked.

“Studying.” Colin offered.

“Colin. The term has barley started.” Alison pointed out. Colin shrugged, “Want to get a head start. You should as well.”

Hermione appeared at Colin’s side, “He’s right you know.” She said with her smug smile, “You’ll want to get good study habits under your belt as soon as possible.”

Alison shrugged and sat back in her chair ignoring them both, “I’ll start tomorrow.” She vowed with a nod. Colin rolled his eyes.

“Anyways,” Hermione went on, “Ginny was looking for you. She’s upstairs.” Then she walked away.

Alison let out a groan, “She never lets me sit that girl.” She said with a small smirk before getting up and making her way up the spiral steps and to their dorm. It was full. Everyone was in there waiting for what appeared to be Alison. Kaylynn was lying across Mary’s bed. Mary was perched on the edge of her bed, and Samantha was sitting in the middle of the room on the floor. Ginny was on her own bed a happy smile plastered across her face.

“Alright, I give, what’s going on?” Alison asked stopping in the doorway. May-Bell jumped out of her arms and curled herself in Samantha’s lap instead.

“A surprise!” Kaylynn sang happily.

“For what?” Alison asked cautiously closing the door and walking over to her bed.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” they all yelled out and engulfed Alison in a bone crushing group hug. In the chaos that had become Alison’s life she had forgotten that today was her birthday.

“I forgot.” She admitted sheepishly as the girls pulled away and sat a pile of presents on her bed.

“Don’t worry, it made surprising you easier. I made sure nobody else said anything to you either.” Ginny said with an evil grin. Alison laughed softly and started on her pile of presents.

She got a new book from Hermione, chocolate frogs from Ron, an assortment of joke shop products from Fred and George, a charm bracelet from Ginny, Quidditch Through the Ages from Harry, a planner from Colin, and some sweets from the other girls.

“Thanks so much guys!” she said happily, opening up a cauldron cake and biting into it.

“There’s two more!” Kaylynn sang carrying over two small packages. The first was from Mr. Weasley and Molly, it was some of Molly’s homemade fudge. The second was rather small and labeled from George. Alison smiled happily and ripped the paper off of it. Inside was a small box that contained a gold chain with a heart pendent on it.

“AWWW!” the girls gushed when they caught sight of the beautiful piece of jewelry. Alison smiled wider and put the necklace on. It fell above just above her locket.

“Now to celebrate,” Kaylynn started slyly, “I’ve taken a leaf out of Fred and George’s book, snuck into the kitchens. Those elves are so happy to help!” she rushed over to her bed and dug around underneath it pulling out two large trays of food and a number of butterbeers, “FOOD!” she said and laughed happily. The girls dug into the treats and talked the night away.

***

“Alison! Get up!” Ginny yelled and tossed a pillow at Alison. It hit her in the face and she sat up.

“What’s going on?!” she asked rubbing at her eyes. Ginny laughed, “Get up! We’re going to be late for try outs if you stay in bed much longer.”

Alison rolled her eyes and threw the covers back, “I’m getting up.” She said and went into the bathroom to shower and get dressed.

When they were both ready they went down to the Great Hall for breakfast and then out onto the pitch. It was filled to the brim with people. Everyone was clutching a broom and stood in groups. There were groups of giggling girls, groups of terrified students, and then a group of old team members with Ron in the background looking rather green. Alison approached this rather small group with a wide smile.

“Thank God you’re here.” Katie Bell said with a happy smile. “I was starting to think we’d have a horrible chance at winning.” Alison flashed a grin, “Harry’ll pull it together.” She said confidently. “I need a broom.” She said looking around to see if there were any spares lying around.

“That reminds me!” Katie said smacking her forehead, “There’s a package for you in the locker room, it looks a lot like a broom!” she said cheerily. Alison flashed a wide smile and raced off to the locker room, Ginny trailing after her.

“OI!” Harry called after her, “WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!”

“BE RIGHT BACK!” She answered and swung the door open. There sitting on one of the benches was a broom shaped package wrapped in brown paper. There was a tag attached to it:

I know I’m a few days late. But Happy Birthday.

S. Snape.

Alison was nearly jumping with joy as she ripped the wrappings off of the broom. They fell to the floor to reveal a shiny new Nimbus 2000. It wasn’t the best broom out by far, but it was better than the schools old Cleansweeps. Alison lifted the broom into her hands and turned to face Ginny, “With this and Harry’s Firebolt, we’re going to be unstoppable.” 

They rushed back out onto the pitch, Alison beaming from ear to ear. Harry had already started instructing groups of ten to fly around the pitch. However when he caught sight of what Alison was holding he stopped dead in his tracks his mouth hanging open.

“Pretty cool right?” she asked with a wide grin. Harry grinned back at her and nodded his head, “It’s brilliant!” he said.

Alison flashed another smile and ran over to join a group of eight, Ginny following her. When it was their turn to fly around the pitch she did it in record time. Nobody in her group was asked to leave the pitch.

“Alright!” Harry called to the remaining people on the pitch. A majority of the first years and all of the giggling girls had been asked to leave, as well as a group of Hufflepuffs. “I’m going to do tryouts for chaser first, so anyone interested in playing chaser please step forward!” Alison grinned and stepped forward beside Katie and Ginny. A number of other people stepped forward as well including a few second years, a seventh year, and a girl named Demelza.

“Here’s what we’re going to do,” Harry began trying hard to ignore the chattering going on around him, “I’m going to try out a number of combinations to see what’s going to work best, as well as have you work a few individual shots, sound good?”

Alison nodded her head. “Alright,” Harry pointed to three boys, “You three first.”

This went on for about an hour. Alison played with five different groups, none of which really knew what they were doing. In the end Alison, Ginny, Katie, and Demelza were the last four standing. It had taken a lot of yelling on Harry’s part to get everyone else off the pitch.

“Okay, let’s see how good your shot is.” Harry said and instructed them to each fly into the air and take turns shooting into the goals. Harry blew his whistle and called them down again.

“Here’s my decision, Katie, Alison, and,” he paused for a moment and Alison held her breath, “Ginny.” Alison smiled wide and high fived Ginny and Katie, her now official team mates. Demelza huffed and stomped her way off the pitch.

It was almost lunch time when Harry had finally settled on a team. In addition to the chasers Harry had found two beaters; Jimmy Peakes a third year and Ritchie Coote, as well as welcomed Ron back on the team as keeper.

“So, we’ll set our first practice for Thursday, sound good?” Harry asked. He was actually beaming. Alison smiled as well, happy and hopeful that they would have a good season. Once Harry had dismissed them she and Ginny started up to the castle for lunch.

“I’ll meet you there,” Alison said as they reached to Entrance Hall, “I have to go thank somebody.” Alison flashed a grin and practically skipped towards to dungeons.

____________________________________________________________________

Author's note: I'm on time this week! Whoop!! Anyways, haha I hope you liked it! Bit of an akward encounter with Snape. So vote, comment, fan, and what not. Please please please tell me your thoughts! It helps me continue writing if you tell me what you do and don't like! See you next week! xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

91.3K 2.1K 37
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
1.7M 14.1K 57
Any ideas you have or want to see message me xx
315K 14K 37
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
275K 9.4K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...