The Forgotten Girl

By KatietheCaterpillar

Alison Parkington had lived in the orphanage her entire life. Everything was perfect besides the fact that sh... More

Chapter one: When It All Changes
Chapter Two: Intensive Cleaning
Chapter three: Returning Home
Chapter four: There's always a first
Chapter Five: The Devil Wears Pink
Chapter Six: It only gets better
Chapter seven: Fighting Back
Chapter Eight: Dreams
Chapter nine: Disarming, Qudditch, and a Brawl?
Chapter Ten: A Secret Weapon
Chapter Eleven: Secrets to Keep
Chapter Twelve: Such a Merry Christmas
Chapter Thirteen: Chocolates, Stars, and Dreams
Chapter Fourteen: And The Truth Is Spilled
Chapter Fifteen: The Toad Takes Over
Chapter Sixteen: Easter Heart to Hearts
Chapter Seventeen: Unforgivable Happenings
Chapter Eighteen: And the war begins
Part Two-Chapter one: Life at the Burrow
Chapter Two: Midnight Conversation
Chapter Three: Quidditch, Birthday Cake, Letters, and Love
Chapter Four: Weasleys' Wizards Wheezes
Chapter Five: Back to Hogwarts We Go
Chapter Seven: A Fatherly Message.....Kind of?
Chapter Eight: Officially a Slugclub Member
Chapter Nine: Slugclub and Quidditch
Chapter Ten: Romance Is Thick In The Air
Chapter Eleven: Christmas With the Weasleys
Chapter Twelve: Dad, Homework, and Poison
Chapter Thirteen: The Quidditch Troll
Chapter Fourteen: Secrets Revealed
Chapter Fifteen: The Unwanted Lunch Date
Chapter Sixteen: Break Ups Are In The Air Tonight
Chapter Seventeen: The Championship
Chapter Eighteen: In The Common Room
Chapter Nineteen: Deatheaters and Werewolves
Chapter Twenty: The Beginning of the End
NOTICE

Chapter Six: Some Gifts Aren't So Pleasant

166 5 2
By KatietheCaterpillar

Chapter Six: Some Gifts Aren’t So Pleasant

A flash of green light lit the Astronomy tower. Where else could they be? It was so familiar even a dream couldn’t erase the memory of it. Dumbledore shot into the air, almost gracefully, and then began to fall, over the tower and out of view. The green light faded and Snape was revealed, Malfoy standing beside him. They were surrounded by figures in black cloaks, only one recognizable, Fenrir Greyback. There was loud cackling, almost as if the owner of the estranged laugh was in fact insane. And then they turned and ran down the spiral steps.

At the bottom of the stairs was a disaster sight. A part of the castle was lying on the floor, as well as a couple of bodies. There were loud bangs and a number of screams. Suddenly Alison came into view, propped up against the wall, holding her stomach which was stained red.

“Make a choice!” A familiar drawling voice demanded. Alison grinned, more blood spilling from her mouth.

And then it went dark.

***

Alison’s eyes flew open. Slowly the room before her came into view, or rather the ceiling she was staring at. It was a familiar ceiling, though that probably wasn’t a very good thing. It was high and arched and Alison immediately knew she was in the Hospital Wing. It was also dark, and Alison was vaguely aware of a dull aching in the back of her head. 

A face swam into vision and Alison tried to smile, “Have I been out long?” she asked Molly as she peered down at her. Molly’s face was pale and worried. Alison gave a half smile and tried to sit up, but Molly stopped her.

“Don’t you dare!” she said color coming into her face once she realized Alison was indeed awake. “You’ve taken a hard blow to the head deary.” She said gently laying Alison back against the pillows.

Alison looked up at Molly again, “Did I miss the feast?” she asked. There was an amused laugh from her left and Alison turned her head, which granted her a sharp pain. However her face broke into a smile when she saw the familiar mop of red hair sitting next to her.

“Typical Ali, all she’s worried about is food!” George said and patted Alison’s hand. Alison stuck her tongue out at him just as Madame Pomfrey came bustling over to her.

“Oh good, you’re up!” she said grabbing a few bottles as she came. Madame Pomfrey poured out three different potions and handed them to Alison one at a time. George held her head up as she swallowed down all three, none of which tasted very pleasant.

“How’s the head?” Madame Pomfrey asked taking away the goblets Alison had just drank out of.

“Sore.” Alison admitted softly as the tall doors at the end of the ward banged open.

Alison turned her head slowly to glimpse Snape rushing into the Hospital wing, followed by Dumbledore, moving at a leisurely pace.

“I told you she was in good hands Severus. I’m not sure why you doubted me or Poppy’s abilities.” Dumbledore said as he caught sight of Alison wide awake. He flashed Alison a small wink as he reached the end of her bed. Snape moved right to her side, standing beside Molly and looking like he felt suddenly out of place. Alison gave him a half hearted smile that slowly faded when her vision swam back into view. She quickly shoved it aside in her mind and looked up at Dumbledore instead.

“You took quite a spill there Miss Parker.” Dumbledore said with a soft smile.

“Yeah, I was feeling a bit dizzy all morning. But I’m okay now.” She said knowing that Molly still didn’t know about her visions. Snape shot Alison a confused look as Molly began to fret.

“Why didn’t you tell me!?” she asked Alison suddenly very flustered, “I could have given you something!”

Dumbledore rested his hand on Molly’s shoulder and Alison noticed that it was blackened and dead looking.

“Professor—“ She began but Dumbledore cut her off with a single look.

“Molly,” he began instead, “I think it is time that I share an interesting fact with you about Alison.”

Molly looked up at Dumbledore confused and Alison scoffed, “Interesting? More like annoying.” She muttered under her breath. George laughed. Snape scowled.

“What about Alison?” Molly asked confusion evident in her voice.

Dumbledore led her to a chair and sat her down. He sat on the edge of Alison’s bed across from Molly. “Alison has a gift.” He began, “A very special and powerful gift.”

Alison cringed slightly wishing he would just get on with it.

“What is it?” Molly asked anxiously.

“She can see the future.” Snape said in his bored voice. Dumbledore looked up at him for a split second. The color from Molly’s face drained away once again.

“Yes. Alison can see the future, though she has no control over it. And it is more often than not that she sees the future in her dreams.”

“What does today have to do with it?” Molly asked.

“When she has a vision, her strength is decreased greatly, especially when they are powerful visions. Alison often wakes up with headaches, another side effect of the visions.”

Molly sat silent for a moment before jumping out of her chair and engulfing Alison in a tight hug.

“Oh, the horrors you must see!” she wailed into her ear. Alison gave a weak smile and patted Molly on the back, “I’m quite used to it now.” She said honestly.

Molly pulled away and looked at her face, “Not a soothing thought dear.” She said softly stepping back to give her some space.

Dumbledore stood up once again, “Come Severus, let’s give Miss Parker time to gain sense of her surroundings.”

Snape looked as if Dumbledore had slapped him, but he composed himself before anyone but Alison noticed. She watched as they left the Hospital wing and then turned back to face Molly.

“Do I have to stay lying down?” she asked, “My head doesn’t hurt anymore.” She said honestly. Madame Pomfrey offered a smile and nodded her head from her desk. Molly looked like she wanted to protest but Alison didn’t give her a chance she sat up leaning back on the pillows.

“Are you sure dear?” Molly asked nervously. Alison gave an award winning smile, “Positive!” she said happily.

Alison had to stay in the Hospital wing over night, but she was released the next morning in time to go down to breakfast. Molly and George had left sometime after she had fallen asleep. She hadn’t had any nightmares and she suspected it was because she had fallen asleep holding George’s hand.

When she walked into the Great Hall and along the Gryffindor table she was attacked by a flaming red head which engulfed her in a tight hug.

“Don’t you ever do that again!” Ginny yelled at her pulling away from their embrace.

Alison laughed lightly, “If I could prevent it, I would.” She said sitting down on the bench beside Colin. Ginny squeezed herself in on Alison’s other side.

“How’s the head?” Colin asked offhandedly.

“Not too shabby.” Alison answered.

“She probably lost a few brain cells.” Ron interjected as he passed by. Alison tossed a roll at him.

“Miss Parker!” Professor McGonagall scolded from behind Alison. She felt her face heat up and turned to look at her, “Sorry Professor.” she muttered under her breath, but there was a light hint of amusement in her eyes.

“Schedules!” she said handing Colin, Ginny, and Alison a piece of parchment and taping them each in turn.

“See you second hour!” Professor McGonagall said as she walked away, “Don’t be late!”

Alison smiled and traded schedules with Ginny.

“Everything but Arithmacy!” they said together at the same time. Alison chuckled and switched with Colin next, “We’ve got everything!” she said happily.

Colin took his schedule back, “I don’t know why the two of you act so surprised.” He said standing up, “Of course we’re in the same classes.” He shook his head, “Come on, we don’t want to be late.” He said starting towards the front oak doors.

Alison rolled her eyes and stood up pulling Ginny off of the bench with her.

“I’ll catch up!” Ginny said pulling her arm out of Alison’s grasp and racing off to Dean. Alison frowned slightly, she missed George. She shrugged and followed after Colin, rushing to keep up.

When she got within ear shot of him she had to hold in her laughter, he was carrying on a conversation as if she and Ginny had been right next to him the whole time. Only Colin. Alison looped her arm through his with a wide grin.

“Have you been there the whole time I was talking?”Colin asked turning to look at her. Alison flashed a grin and he simply nodded.

“So, how was your vacation?” he asked her, “Go passing out at the feast, we couldn’t talk. You were trying to avoid my prying weren’t you?” he accused with an amused grin. Few people saw this side of Colin. After his initial excitement of Hogwarts during his first year he calmed down into a soft spoken book worm. He almost never joked, unless of course he was alone with Alison and Ginny.

Alison cracked a smile, “You caught me!” she said happily. She turned serious though, “It was alright I guess.” She admitted.

Colin turned to look at her, “What’s bothering you?” he asked. Alison knew she couldn’t lie to him, he’d know.

“You know about my dreams?” she asked him looking down at the ground. Colin nodded his head, “Yeah, you told all of us remember?”

“Well, You-Know-Who knows.” She said looking back up at Colin, “And he wants me. He wants to use me.” Alison bit her lip, “I’m scared Colin.” She said in a low voice. Colin frowned and unhooked his arm from hers to hug her tight, “Don’t worry, as long as Dumbledore is around, you’ll be safe.”

Alison only nodded her head, she had watched Dumbledore die over and over again.

***

Ginny caught up with them as they reached green house four. She came up behind Alison and Colin out of breath, her cheeks flushed.

“Alright there Ginny?” Colin asked amusement only in his eyes now.

Ginny just nodded trying to catch her breath, “I’m so out of shape.” She managed to choke out. Alison chuckled as they took their place around the large table in the middle of the greenhouse. There were no plants on their work station today, but they were surrounded by a number of odd looking, some vicious, plants.

“Good morning!” Professor Sprout sang out happily from the head of the table.

“Good morning.” The class said back.

Professor Sprout gave a happy smile before starting in on her speech, “As you can see we are in a new greenhouse this year. We will be studying a wide variety of plants, some of which can be quiet dangerous. We will also be reviewing everything you have learned over the last four years of your education because this year,” she paused to smile wider, “You will all be taking your O.W.L.’s. And I expect nothing but good marks.”

There was a small groan that ran through the class. Alison and Ginny took part in it. Colin shook his head at them.

“Now, this year will be tough, and it will only become tougher from here. So I suggest that you work hard, and no fooling around!” Professor Sprout said the end of that sentence shooting a deadly glare at a Hufflepuff boy who was teasing a large plant with a number of moving vines.

Alison snickered. “So, to begin today I will be assigning you two yards explaining how to properly care for Mandrakes and their uses!” Professor Sprout said this with an air of excitement, the class groaned again.

“Now everyone put on your gloves and we’ll begin!” she said pulling on her own dragon hide gloves with a wide smile. Alison gave a halfhearted smile at Ginny and pulled her gloves on as well, neither one of them particularly enjoyed Herbology.

***

Alison, Ginny, and Colin trudged their way back up the sloping lawn from Hagrid’s hut. Care of Magical Creatures had been their last lesson of the day. Oddly Hagrid hadn’t been in the best of spirits.

“I cannot believe that we have been given and essay for every class, and on the first day!” Ginny complained throwing her arms into the air in frustration.

“Actually,” Colin began looking up from his Arithmacy book, “Hagrid didn’t give us an essay.”

Ginny looked as if she wanted to hit something, “That’s one bloody teacher!” she yelled out. Alison hushed her as they walked through the oak front doors and towards the Great Hall.

“Ginny, it’s O.W.L.’s year,” Colin said patiently, “This is only the beginning. I’ve been telling the two of you for years that you needed to find more time to study and less time to fool around.” He buried his face in his book again the moment they had taken seats at the Gryffindor table for dinner.

“And what’s worse is Snape for Defense!” Ginny continued with her complaining. Alison simply nodded her head not really listening. Colin was openly ignoring her.

“Who does he think he is? Degrading all the other teachers before him! Now mind most were nutters, but Lupin was well off!”

Alison shook her head taking a bite of chicken, “’Et it oooo.” She said through a mouthful. Ginny scowled at Alison who swallowed and smiled sheepishly, “Let it goooo.” She said again with an empty mouth.

“You’re just trying to make him seem good.” Ginny huffed. Alison flushed red, though in a way Ginny was right. Alison was hoping that he would be more pleasant now that he had his dream job. In actuality he was even more miserable.

“He assigned us the longest paper!” Ginny exclaimed.

“Miss Weasley.” A drawling voice said from behind the two of them. Ginny nearly jumped out of her seat. Alison held in a snicker, “Miss Parker.” He noted before turning back to Ginny, “It does you no good to whine.” He said with an unpleasant look before sweeping away and continuing his walk to the head table.

Ginny grumbled under her breath but Alison didn’t hear it, she was entering a different time, the world around her slowly fading to black as a second one took from before her eyes. Bits and pieces flashed by her eyes in record time.

A white blonde head rushing through the corridors. A white marble tomb, flames dying around it. Deatheaters in their black robes cackling in the darkness. Screams echoing through the halls. The flash of a metal dagger. Pain.

Alison’s eyes flew open and she found herself slumped on the table, short of breath and sweating as if she had just run an entire mile. Ginny and Colin were watching her carefully. Alison shook herself and sat up rubbing at her temples where the headache was forming slowly and painfully.

“I hate all of this.” She muttered softly.

_____________________________________________________________________

Author's note:Sorry I'm a day late! But I hope you liked it! This is the last time we'll see George for a while, so soak it up! Please, please, please tell me what you think so far, even if it's that you don't like something! It'll help me write better! See you next week! Vote? Comment? Fan? xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 13.1K 59
After Pein's invasion, Naruto is betrayed by his comrades and left to die. When he wakes up, he somehow travelled back in time to when he was genin a...
122K 3.2K 73
Stray Kids is on tour! Ella wins a prize at the concert that ends up turning her entire life upside down. She uncovers the dark secrets to K-Pop and...
1.1M 47.8K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
813K 37.6K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...