One Spark Starts a Fire

By everyday_imstumblin

COMPLETED Mia is a typical nerd, who is painfully shy. You can't even drop a pen without her being startled... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Sneak peek/teaser XD
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20......
The real Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
The day he started writing in diary - Uh I mean journal!
Meet Alex...My cat :)
Bonus chapter- Noah's untold story that will remain untold! End of story!

Chapter 9

76.2K 2.4K 184
By everyday_imstumblin

Peeking behind the corner, I checked if the cost was clear of two particular people. When it was I let out a relieved breath and stepped out, I kept my eyes peeled out for any sign of them as I walked to the library; if I can get there then I'm safe. I already made it through half the day even though Cole was in most of my classes, then again he didn't really come after me. Shrugging at that thought, I continued on my way.

"Oh, no" I whispered, there standing in front of me was Noah who was standing on his toes, looking for someone in the crowd. When he caught my eye, I knew he was after me because suddenly he started wave crazily at me and shouting my name, people began to turn around and stare. I would have too if I wasn't in this situation, it's not every day that the golden boy is interested in someone. I pretended not to see him and quickly turned around only to feel like I'm being lifted and then was staring at the moving ground. 

Huh?!

My eyes widened, my hands came in contact with hard back muscles, my vision went to the sexy ass of the culprit and how tight it looked in those jeans. I felt hands tightened on my waist and that's when I started to panic. "P-put m-me down" I tried to sound firm but failed badly. "No, I don't think I will. It seems to me that every time we try to talk to you, you always try to escape and that is why I have decided to catch you before you can get away." Cole sounded like he was smirking, while I was frowning and trying to cover my face from the curious on-lookers. At some point Noah was walking next to Cole, acting as if this was the most normal thing to do.

Kidnapping a nerd

I thought that the past few days of fainting and running away from Cole and Noah was bad...well, I would have been wrong.

Walking inside the cafeteria, over Cole's shoulder and kind of next to Noah (since I was being carried) I now know how they feel every day. Every student stopped what they were doing and turned their full attentions to us, never have I ever experienced so much attention in all my life.

I need to escape! NOW!

Cole led us to the popular table; he put me down and forced me to sit on a chair. Their friends and some scary cheerleaders were already there and were staring or glaring at me, Cole sat to my left and Noah, my right. I slouched down as much as I could; hoping I could just disappear. My hands were clammy and my eyes never left my lap, I was so out of place at this table, why would Cole and Noah bring me here? – I mean I don't even know them other than the embarrassing moments I've had.

Noah started up a conversation to deter all the gazes from the newbie, Cole just sat quietly and listened but on occasion, was glancing down at me with a small frown. My eyes were darting around the room, not everyone stopped staring, feeling uncomfortable I looked to Cole who also staring at me "Um, I-I need to go to the bathroom" I whispered and stood up. This caused everyone to stare again, I turned around and was about to take my first step when the sound of heels hitting the floor reached my ears.

Then my vision was blocked by short shorts, low tops, scary eyes and claws.

Clear definition – Kelly Evans

Every girl's nightmare and every boy wet dream. I looked in her eyes for a split second and I was frightened, my eyes darted down and stayed there. Figuring I'd be better off if I wasn't in her line of vision to attack, I turned around and sat back down on my seat. Making myself as small as possible, I prayed not to be noticed but it seems to me that anyone could see that I don't belong here.

Kelly cleared her throat, I didn't move but Noah turned and put on a smile. "Hey Kells, we thought you weren't coming" he sheepishly scratched behind his head, but I could feel the death glare on my head. "Well since I am here, I'm sure you wouldn't mind moving from my spot?" I flinched at her tone, I had enough fear in me to turn around (Not look in the devil's eyes) and talk "I-I was j-just l-leaving" Curse my stutter!

"S-sorry I-I didn't quiet c-catch that" she fake stuttered and put on a mocking pout. Around us people snickered, "Move!" I quickly got up and was about to move away when suddenly a hand clamped down in my wrist, effectively stopping me from leaving. All eyes snapped to Cole, whose eyes just turned black as he intensely glared at Kelly. She flinched back at the sight of his eyes, "Mia was here first" I shivered when he said my name.

Kelly lifted her chin in the air and turned her own glare to me as if silently saying 'If you don't move, I will make your life miserable' I got the message loud and clear, I took a breath and looked to Cole as his hands were still holding mine. "Please let go, I-I have to go talk to a teacher" my lie was obviously detected by Cole but the only reason he let go was because of the pleading look in my eyes.

Slowly he released my hand and I hurriedly escaped the cafeteria with my head low. Kelly definitely knew how to put a person back in their place, I sighed dejectedly.

I needed space; I needed to calm myself... I needed the library.

***

I collapsed on the couch, my body and mind was exhausted; keeping up with the heartthrobs was hard work. I just sat there and caught my breath, but then without my permission my body stood up and made its way to the empty shelf that only contained one book.

Stopping in front of it, I tenderly picked it up and ran my hands over the title. Knowing I had class next, I decided to be bad for just today. I think I deserved it after what I've been through, so I took the book and walked to the couch.

The bell rang but I ignored it, I was ditching class. If you look at it my way, you will know that skipping class is like going against everything of being a nerd. It makes us feel paranoid, we weren't used to this but I really just couldn't care less.

I lay down, opened the journal to my last stop and began to read.

5 of May 2012

Before realizing my feelings, my best friend used to tease me about her. After a lot of arguing, I have convinced him that I didn't like her... now all I have to do is convince myself.

In a way that is sweet...but mostly idiotic. Why do guys always think a girl should confess? Why don't they just man up?!

12 of May 2012

I sighed, that was about two weeks ago, so I'm finally getting to the end. Pity.

So I walked passed her today, she barely took a glance at me but I stared at her retreating back. I know this may sound pretty gay but I know I might not mean anything to her...but it's her that means everything to me.

Turning the pages over, I checked out how many entrees I had left. I was pretty disappointed that I only had two; I didn't want this book to end. I pouted but I still ended up reading the rest.

16 of May 2012

Why is that no matter how many times I remind myself that we can't be together, I still won't let myself fall for anyone else.

Damn, I'm turning into such a girl. I better go do some manly things now, I'm out.

And finally the last entry, wait a minute...

WAIT A MINUTE!

23 of May 2012

It can't be...no, this-this is yesterday!

I shot up from my seat, my mouth dropped opened and my eyes widened, I'm completely shocked. "T-this would mean..." that this person is still writing the book! It's not finished!

I started to have a mini heart attack; I fanned my hot face and jumped up and down. "OMG! I can't believe it; someone still comes to write something in the book!" I whispered to myself, still in a state of shock and then suddenly I heard the door knob rattle, I snapped my head towards the door.

Could it be...?

Could the person be coming to collect the book?

Will I finally meet this secret admirer?

....

Wait, I still haven't read the last entry yet!!!

 *****

A/N

HAHAH you still have to wait for the next chapter to find out what happens HAHAHA im so mean, it's not even funny!!!

I believe this chapter belongs to a certain someone whose birthday is today, @BriarMage 

My cat says HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  but it sounded more like *meow meow meow* eh....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANYONE ELSE THAT HAS THERE BIRTHDAYS TODAY!!!!

LET'S CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES C'MON!!!

GO SHAWTY ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY, WE GUNNA PARTY LIKE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477K 1.9K 60
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
198K 8K 25
I'm not just any normal girl. And I know what you're thinking, Oh my god! She's a vampire or something! But no. I'm not supernatural, even though tha...
26.1K 1.2K 60
Elizabella 'Ella' Adams had the perfect life on paper: caring family, stable job and a serious relationship. But sometimes moments come along in life...
9.6K 278 8
"She wasn't broken at the start, but she is now.. She's turned her back to us." -Random and Rare Updates. Adoption available to one person if discon...