Mutations

By EmbracingYou

| C O M P L E T E D | Subject Six is a genetically advanced human. Created in the new world of science, ther... More

Mutations: ~ The Prologue ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter One ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Two ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Three ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Four ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Five~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Six ~
Mutations: ~Chapter Seven ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Eight ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Nine ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Ten ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Twelve ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirteen ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Fourteen ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Fifteen ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Sixteen ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Seventeen ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Eighteen ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Nineteen ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty One~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty Two ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty Three ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty Four ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty Five ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty Six ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Twenty Seven ~
Mutations: ~Chapter Twenty Eight ~
Mutations: Chapter Twenty-Nine
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty One ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty Two ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty Three ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty Four ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty Five ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty Six ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty Seven ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty Eight ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Thirty Nine ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Forty~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Forty One ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Forty Two ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Forty Three ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Forty Four ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Forty Five ~
Mutations: ~ Chapter Forty Six ~
Mutations: ~ The Epilogue ~
| SEQUEL |
Evolution

Mutations: ~ Chapter Eleven ~

8.2K 524 49
By EmbracingYou

Mutations:

~ Chapter Eleven ~

"You should be proud to declare that you are the product of this centuries most advanced scientific research development, known to mankind itself. Designed with such precision, that many have traveled to see the glorious outcome that is you, yourselves. The first ever successful Splice selection."

I could hear Eric very lightly scoff under his breath, and he wasn't the only one. Emma looked extremely unimpressed with the man's smooth as silk presentation. Actually, I think the only one in here looking mildly interested was Veronica, and that's only because it sounds exactly like something she would say herself.

In fact, it sounded just like her.

"- Structured from the most advanced DNA that was crafted from one of the greatest mind that science knows. Maybe even the fathering mind of science. Your founder, is the man who created you. In hopes that you would be the protectors of-"

"Weren't we illegally created?" Five butts in with his brows arched, almost mockingly. His Handler had to bite back the smirk that almost slipped across his smooth lips.

A glare of annoyance flashed in the man's eyes but he gave a stiff nod in answer, and I wondered when he planned on getting to the point. So far, all we knew was where we came from. The man hadn't even told us his name yet.

"Yes. But nonetheless, you were created for a specific reason." The man began again resuming with the ease of a smooth talker, "You were originally created as weapons, for the government."

Beside me, Eric let out an echo of a groan, as his eyes rolled towards the ceiling with a heavy sigh. It was strange watching him behave in such a way, when he so often gave me into trouble for doing the same things when I got bored. I guess it must have been nurtured into me by him.

Three was staring blankly at the table in front of him, an intense look of disinterest displayed on all of his sharp features. Emma nudged him in order to get him to listen, but he only nodded a little at her.

Five didn't even look like he cared, and neither did his Handler, whose name I never picked up on. I couldn't tell who looked bored the most out of the two of them.

And then there was Two, who I couldn't look away from.

Relaxed back into his seat with a serious expression that looked to be melted into his facial features. I felt like a child in the same room as him. His eyes were latched onto the blabbering man at the front of the room like he actually gave a damn about what he was saying.

Those eyes could keep me entertained from just staring at them all day. I don't know why, but they just had that effect of me.

They looked like they had captured the sky in them. Unlike the rest of us, his eyes weren't expressive in the slightest, they were so cold that they sent an electric chill down my spine. Intense.

Most blue eyes are captivating because they swim like an glistening ocean of secrets, and you can even hear the crash of sapphire against a golden shore, but his were like frozen Norwegian glaciers, iced over so much that made me numb.

He didn't look human, he looked like a true Splice.

"- Which is why, beginning tomorrow, you will all be introduced to a new regime of classes." My thoughts broke away from me when icy eyes suddenly pierced into me, "Ones suited to you."

"So, what happens to us?" Three demanded, in his usual haughty tone that made my lips curl at the sides. He always came across so rude that it even made our preacher look taken aback.

Eric arched a brow at me as if to silently ask if Three really just spoke that way to the man, and all I could do was shrug. I guessed that Eric liked Three a little from that moment on. Three's gaze was spookily leveled onto the Preacher who stared back at him, still in obvious surprise.

"When you are all trained to your full potential," The man warily began like he didn't want to be speaking anymore, "You will become a part in the Government's advanced personal security system."

"Where we will do...?" Five drawled with arched brows, he leaned forward in his seat. Eyes blazing into the preachers pour soul, like his life depended in this answer.

"Where you will protect, and serve your country." Preacher announced lifting his chin a little now, "You will be the saviors, and will help end the wars, and controversy brought to America. Like heroes."

Even Two cringed at that, even though he managed to disguise it a little. Eric let out a snuffled choke of laughter that the man glared at with dislike clear in his eyes.

He arched a bushy brow as he took a step closer to where we sat, and planted his hands on his hips, like an old enraged woman about to have a really long lecture about respect, or something.

"Is there something you'd like to say, Eric?"

"I would like to say plenty, but unfortunately, " Eric drawled leveling a dangerous look on the man, "That's your job, for the time being anyway."

The man who stood at the front room bared a pasty pale face that looked like it had seen more winters than summers but within an acknowledgeable number of seconds, that soon changed.

His once milky like skin began to blossom, like a drop of red food coloring being dispensed into a glass of milk. His face began to go through developed stages of color. As the rosy redness poured under his skin he started to look like he had spent too many days out in the sun.

"Well."

A immense pulse of pleasure pumped through me as I watched the anger drip of the burnt looking man try to contain the anger that was raging through him like a rapid water bed.

So strong that I could taste the vile sting of despise heavy in the air. Eric leaned forward, so that his arms rested on the table, and I tried hard to keep my smile at bay, but I enjoyed these little moments all too much.

"Eric, if you believe that you of all people are equipped for such a job then maybe you should march yourself, and your little Splicing, down to the main office, and demand the job. But until that unfortunate event occurs, maybe you can let me do my job, which is explaining all that needs to be explained to these...these Splices, and hold your tongue until I'm done! You never let me do my goddamned job, Eric!"

A strangled sound left me as I doubled over, with my shoulder heaving with silent laughter at what Eric tended to do every once in a while, he liked to agitate certain people, but he never explained why.

I guessed it was because he sometimes grew bored of following all of the tight rules that choke all the fun out of everything, either way, it benefited me because it gave me a great source of amusement.

"Eric." Veronica snapped sharply with an icy gleam in her eyes that Eric ignored with a slight shrug, she turned back towards the preacher who looked like he was ready to explode, "Abel, if you want, I will finish this presentation, and you can go have an early lunch today."

Her voice was hypnotically soothing so much that Abel managed to heave in a few calming breaths, and he gave her a stiff nod before straightening the lapels of his suit jacket. Giving us all a hard look before he threw his chin up high into the air and strode out of the room, dispensing us all into a choking silence that was the cause of us all trying to contain our laughter.

"To be fair," Eric began when Veronica punished him with a tear bringing look, "Abel has always been a sensitive one."

Five snickered from where he sat and dropped his chin to his chest to hide that his eyes were watering from laughter, even Three looked as if he were having a hard time holding it together.

There was a wide gorgeous grin on his face that made two little dimples pop out, and I stared at them in fascination, I loved dimples. Sometimes, if Eric smiled enough, he got them. But Three's came so naturally that it made me want to make him smile everyday all day.

"You should all know that when you were created, you have individually designed in abilities that are not within a human's capability." Veronica started as she rose delicately from her seat, "Some of you have stronger senses than others, and some of you are without senses that another has."

"What we have created here, is essentially a pack. Your very own one that you have to build from here on out. In some ways, you will be similar but right now, it's impossible to tell. Every aspect of your DNA is different, the wolves used for their biological were even different, which means that you will always have differences. Although, most of the cells were similar to each other, if not replicated."

"But there's only one girl." Five piped up giving me an odd look, and I glowered at him, making his brows rise, and his Handler gave him a sharp look, "What I mean is; why is there only one girl?"

All heads swung in Veronica's direction only to find that she was staring intently at me already. Sometimes you know things. You know that there's a secret being kept from, and it doesn't have to be proven to be known.

You can see it in someone's eyes, or in their body language, that there is something you're not being told.

It wasn't like that with Veronica.

With Veronica, you could tell that she was keeping more than one secret from the way she managed to look so innocent. She didn't look like she kept any secrets at all, and that's what made me wary of her.

Because you know when someone has something to hide; no one has nothing to hide.

"Six was the only successful female." She smoothly stated with a congratulating smile. As if it was a job well done that I managed to stay alive all this time, "It's a miracle that she's even here."

Many thoughts filtered through my mind as my chest swelled with pride at her words, but there was a dark shadow casted over my mind.

Why was it a miracle that I was here?

_______________________________

A/N

I have decided to change the cast member of who I want to portray Two. Wade Poezyn just doesn't seem like he fits the part, another who I imagine would closer resembles Two is Joshua Brand, or even Aaron Johnson Taylor.

Thank you all for reading again! It means so much to me!

-EmbracingYou

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

844K 27.7K 40
. Three years. It had been three years since he'd been taken, experimented on, had his DNA altered and became a freak of nature. He knew be...
1.7K 229 62
The big city can be a dangerous place for anyone, but for someone new to its dangers, it can be deadly. Recently escaped from the people that created...
Hollowed By kfo

Science Fiction

2K 255 13
What would you do if you woke up on another planet? Would you be afraid? Would you try to escape? Or would you adapt? When Minn Earthborn wakes on Om...
1.9M 74.3K 84
Over one hundred years ago, the supernatural came out of hiding. A Great War ensued, causing the human race to fall to the bottom of the food chain a...