[ShikaTema] Serendipity

By Blanchefleur

Most could see them as business partners, that nothing would spark between them. Some see them as normal peop... More

Prologue: Sand Siblings
Chapter 1: In the Headquarters
Chapter 2: Overthinking
Chapter 3: Tsunade and Shizune
Chapter 4: Naruto's Doubts
Chapter 5: Both Sides
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 8: Closer You and I
Chapter 9: The Bridge Leading to Suna
Chapter 10: Sakura's Suspicions
Chapter 11: Uneasiness
Chapter 12: Truth
Chapter 13: Gaara's Revenge
Chapter 14: Casually
Chapter 15: Conducting Plans
Chapter 16: Unofficially Official
Chapter 17: Mistaken
Chapter 18: Maito Gai and Rock Lee
A/N: Break
Chapter 19: Chouji's Expectations
Chapter 20: Gaara's Solution
Chapter 21: Threat
Chapter 22: Paperworks
Chapter 23: Contemplate
Chapter 24: Return
Chapter 25: Taking Down
Chapter 26: The Awaited Battle
Chapter 27: The Trio
Chapter 28: The Fall
Chapter 29: A Different Way
Chapter 30: Finale
Closing Note
Extra Chapter: Serendipity
[One-Shot] Kankuro and Gaara's Concern
[One-Shot] Business
[One-Shot] Love Technique
[One-Shot] Moving
[One-Shot] Educating Self

Chapter 7: Second Day

4K 144 73
By Blanchefleur

"Ssh, be quiet or you'll wake them up!"

"I am not even making a noise over here. You're the one who's making the rustling sounds."

"Just shush it."

The lovebirds made their way to Shikamaru's room, a camera was resting on Yoshino's hand. There was a small grin on her lips, telling whoever sees it that she has a plan in mind. Slowly, they tilted the door knob open, and peeked inside first before making their first step in. Even if Shikaku was completely against this, he had no choice but to follow his wife, or he'll hear an earful on or before this.

Yoshino pointed the camera towards them, and clicked the capture button. The two were hugging each other--Temari was using Shikamaru's right arm as her pillow, her right hand was over the male's stomach, hugging him while Shikamaru's left hand was over Temari's right hand, holding it rather passionately even if he was sleeping.

There was a flash of light snapped on them, making Shikamaru move from his sleep. And as he did, Temari was also awakened. There were small murmurs saying they're disturbing their sleep, that they shouldn't bother them. It took him a few minutes before realising that his parents were standing before them.

"...!" A small gasp escaped the teen's lips, Temari jolting awake. "What are you two doing here..?"

"Did we disturb a sleep of someone tired since last night?"

"...You did disturb us, but it wasn't because of what you have in mind. Being in too many missions these days are really tiring and we need sleep sometimes. Besides, Temari-"

"Temari again, hm?" Replied Yoshino, a suspicious expression was drawn on her face.

Shikamaru stopped whatever he was planning to say, before he could blurt out something unnecessary. He knew he wouldn't win over his mother at all, no matter how right he defend his state now.

"Son, why is Temari with you?" Asked Shikaku, voice was low like the usual. He wasn't against it, he just wanted to know.

The lad was silent for a moment, until he let out a sigh and scratched the back of his head. "Well, we were discussing some important stuff...and eventually fell asleep together."

"Important stuff?" Clarified his mother.

With her usual facial expression, Temari passed to herself the questions being thrown to her friend. "It's the truth, Yoshino-san, Shikaku-san. We didn't do something inappropriate. He just comforted me because I was...uh, overthinking things last night," she said 'overthinking' instead of 'crying'. She didn't want anyone else to find out that side of her aside from Shikamaru, knowing she's a shinobi of Suna.

I don't know why but I trust this pineapple head so much.

Convinced, Yoshino replied. "I see~ You know you can always talk to mom about it, sweetie!"

Mom's serious about it, huh-, thought Shikamaru.

...She still hasn't given up on it..? said Temari in her mind. However, she flashed another forced chuckle towards Shikamaru's mother as a sign of her agreement.

"Mom, dad, why are you two here, anyway?" He asked, rubbing his hues so he could fully wake up.

"...Your mom dragged-"

"Ino wanted us to hand over a letter to you," replied Yoshino. She elbowed Shikaku right in his stomach so he wouldn't spill what they were doing minutes ago. On the other hand, Shikamaru's father was still in state of pain as he held his stomach, and his body rather slouched. However, Yoshino remained the smile on her lips, nerve popping out at the side of her temple. She really didn't like Shikaku's act at all.

"A letter?" Repeated Shikamaru. "It's unusual for Ino to even bother writing a letter. Normally, she'd say things personally or she could just contact me using her ninjutsu," even so of the hesitation, he grabbed the piece of paper and read it. It was in no doubt Ino's handwriting.

Temari slightly peeked on the letter, curious of what it says.

After a second of silence, Shikamaru began speaking again. "A party? What for?" He said, then let out an exasperated sigh. "What a drag. Even if I say 'no', she'll still pull me in anyway."

"Go here, now. No buts!~" stated Ino using her ninjutsu, just as how her friend predicted.

"Isn't it a bit early for a party?"

"No questions will be entertained," replied the female blonde. "Just go over here. Oh! You're with Temari now, right? She's in your home now, right? Right?" Confirmed Ino. Though Shikamaru couldn't see it, he was certain Ino was forming a smirk on her lips.

"Yeah. Hey,"  he began. "Are you planning something again?"

Ino smiled. "What do you mean? Everyone's already here. Try listening to the noise." The blonde said, trying to hide the main purpose of her small party. She made him listen to a seemingly not-so-drunk Kiba who was singing his lungs out in front of them. "Did you hear him?"

"...Was that Kiba..?"

"Definitely. So, get over here and bring Temari with you. Us busy shinobi need break sometimes, you know!" After that, she cancelled her jutsu, cutting the lines between her and Shikamaru.

The male sighed. "Alright, let's go," the lad was pulling the female's hand with him, taking her off from the bed.

"With me?" Temari blinked in surprise.

He nodded. "Ino told me to bring you there. Besides, you got no missions in line for now. She said shinobi needed breaks so...yeah," then, Shikamaru turned to his parents, "Mom, dad, we'll be out for a bit. Ino needs us to be there."

"So I've heard," his mother replied. "Sure, go ahead."

Shikamaru let Temari go off first. As soon as the male turned away from his parents, Yoshino slapped him really hard on his back, whispering, "You can do it! You're a Nara after all!" In the middle of his annoyed facial expression for his mother, there was a tint of happiness rushing inside him, knowing how supportive his parents were to whatever his plans would be.

I'm known to be smart. But I'm no good when it comes to this stuff. Man, this sucks.

---

"Kiba, hand over the microphone to someone else willing to sing!" Sakura commanded, getting pissed off now. Her hues turned into white circles as she spoke, comical was seen. "I'm gonna kick your ass if you don't sober right now and hand over that microphone to someone else!"

"Kiba, hand it over before Sakura-chan breaks this whole room! Come on!" Encouraged Naruto. "Besides, it's kinda boring to hear your voice over and over," the blonde male slouched, showing how disappointed he is to only hear Kiba's voice. Quickly, he shifted towards the pink-haired female and flashed a grin towards her.

Convinced but annoyed, Kiba walked off from losing himself on the stage. As soon as he made the first step, the door leading to the room opened, revealing a surprised Temari and Shikamaru. Both couldn't believe what a mess it was that had been happening over here. "Hey, right timing," called Kiba.

"Since you came late, you're gonna be singing the song we picked!" Challenged Tenten.

With burning eyes, Rock Lee replied, "A shinobi doesn't back out from the challenge he was given!"

Shikamaru tried to avoid the issue, "Temari, you know how to s-"

"You do it, Shikamaru!" All of them said in unison.

The tone of Closer You and I began strumming out of the Karaoke's speakers. The microphone was passed onto him; no matter how he tried to avoid it, his friends keep pushing it back to him. Temari, however, was escorted by Ino to sit down on the provided seat which was resting next to the younger female blonde. "Do you want a cup of tea, Temari?" She asked, blinking in question.

"No, I'm fine.  I'm fine watching all of you," after a few seconds, words Shikamaru told her before they came here flashed back in her mind. "By the way, you wanted us to come along. Is it because of some important stuff?"

"Ah," she chuckled. "Not really. I just wanted everyone to take a break from all those hardass missions. We need to entertain ourselves sometimes, you know!" She explained. "Especially, our allies. Since Gaara and Kankuro aren't here, I suppose we'd make you have fun. You need to loosen up sometimes!"

"Thanks," replied Temari, small smile was on her lips.

Ino took a breather before speaking. "It seems you and Shikamaru are getting pretty close lately. Something you wanna tell me and Chouji?"

"Nothing, really," she responded, stern. "We had to talk about the happenings around our villages. So, most likely, people would see us spending time together too much. But beyond friendship, there's none."

Chouji entering the girls' talk, he began. "I was wondering, Temari," he said. "What if Shikamaru suddenly confessed to you or something? Are you willing to hear him out?" The chubby fella asked while eating his favourite food.

"Of course," quickly said the Princess of Suna. "I don't see any reason why I should stop him. Besides, it's just hearing him out, right? I don't have to give him my reply."

"I see," they said in unison. This time, Ino asked. "Is it possible for you to have feelings for him, if ever?"

She chuckled. "Who knows."

Temari could tell almost everyone around her kept asking her about her feelings for Shikamaru, even his parents. But it didn't bother her much. She just thought they kept asking questions like that because they were often seen spending time together. But she didn't know that people asking those questions already know the male's side, and they needed to hear out hers too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 84 15
Shikamaru and Temari go to prom as each others date but they fake it all... The story takes place with them in privet high school it's about April th...
Belong By Timothy

Fanfiction

14.6K 284 28
Love is tested in this drama/romance story. Still trying to come to terms with her past, Temari finds herself yet again in a relationship, only this...
41.7K 1.1K 12
Sasuke and Hinata are best friends and they do everything with each other. Sasuke still hates his fangirls but he became friends with Hinata because...
234K 6.4K 31
[COMPLETED] [mature audiences only] After the war things changed...Sasuke decided to stay, Hinata is still Grieving the lost of Neji , Naruto is so...