Whatever It Takes

By Jess_Steiger

"If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance." -Bernard Williams Daniella Baxton... More

Chapter- One
Chapter- Two
Chapter- Three
Chapter- Four
Chapter- Five
Chapter- Six
Chapter- Seven
Chapter- Eight
Chapter- Nine
Chapter- Eleven
Chapter- Twelve
Chapter- Thirteen
Chapter- Fourteen
Chapter- Fifteen
Chapter- Sixteen
Chapter- Seventeen
Chapter- Eighteen
Chapter- Nineteen
Chapter- Twenty
Chapter- Twenty-one
Chapter- Twenty-two
Chapter- Twenty-three
Chapter- Twenty-four
Chapter- Twenty-five
Chapter- Twenty-six
Chapter- Twenty-seven
Chapter- Twenty-eight
Chapter- Twenty-nine
Chapter- Thirty
Chapter- Thirty-one
Chapter- Thirty-two
Chapter- Thirty-three
Chapter- Thirty-four
Chapter- Thirty-five
Chapter- Thirty-six
Chapter- Thirty-seven
Chapter- Thirty-eight
Chapter- Thirty-nine
Chapter- Forty
Chapter- Forty-one
Chapter- Forty-two
Chapter- Forty-three
Chapter- Forty-four
Chapter- Forty-five
Chapter- Forty-six
Chapter- Forty-seven
Chapter- Forty-eight
Chapter- Forty-nine
Chapter- Fifty
Chapter- Fifty-one
Chapter- Fifty-two
Chapter- Fifty-three
Chapter- Fifty-four
Chapter- Fifty-five
Chapter- Fifty-six
Chapter- Fifty-seven
Chapter- Fifty-eight
Chapter- Fifty-nine
Chapter- Sixty

Chapter- Ten

417 13 2
By Jess_Steiger

I sat with my fingers rubbing my temples. These boys were obnoxiously loud and I wanted them to shut up. I fell back onto the bed so I was laying on my back.

"Oh my god, shutup!" I shouted but they only ignored me. Oliver went to Elliot's room and left me here. I should have went with him. Will and Jackson continued to argue about who was hotter, Rihanna or Beyonce. Who cares, they are just people! I groaned and sat back up.

"Just shut up already!" I yelled at them.

"Then leave and stop being a bitch." Jackson yelled back at me. I was taken back.

"I would leave but there is nowhere to go, asshole." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh so this is how it's going to be? Us insulting each other." He asked.

"You started it." I told him and de a motion with my hand.

"I don't even know why I took interest in you. You are a spoiled brat." He said with a much deeper tone.

"If you say so." I said as I took in his words.

"Yeah like seriously, why did we like her?" Will asked.

"It was because of that bet Oliver made." Jackson said and he knew hearing that would pissme off. Here comes my powerful words.

"Maybe if you weren't a dick, you would have a girlfriend. Trying to get with me because of a bet is only going to make this worse. Let's make a bet." I said.

"About what?" Will asked squinting his eyes at me.

"At how fast I can beat your sorry asses." I said.

"Alright." Jackson said.

"I bet I can beat you two up within two minutes." I said.

"Make it a minute and thirty seconds." Will said.

"Deal, and losers have to treat the winner or winners to dinner for a month." I said.

"Deal." Will and Jackson said. I grabbed my phone and clicked on the stop watch. I placed two minutes on it and clicked the start,

I tackled Jackson to the ground and as we went down to the floor, Jackson's hand whacked Will in the balls. So we were all on the floor. Jackson punched me in the face and then Will kicked me in the abdomen. Let's say my bet didn't go as planned. I got up and took as many punches as I could. The timer went off and I knew I lost.

"Who's the little loser now?" Jackson asked he tackled me to the ground again.

"The timer went off. Get off of me!" I screamed. He didn't stop and Will was just watching. He even started laughing. What the hell! I tasted the metallicness of blood filling my mouth. I kicked with all my might but it got me nowhere as Jackson kept taking punches and kicks to my body. The door slammed open.

"Do you want to be suspended from playing?!" Coach shouted. Everyone stopped what they were doing. I lay on the trying to catch my breath as Will and Jackson stood in front of me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" He asked.

"It's my fault." I wheezed out.

"She made the bet. We went along with it." Will said. I am never trusting these douchebags ever again. Coach shoved them out of the way and helped me up.

"You owe us dinner now." Jackson said smiling. I glared at him as coach walked me to the manager of the hotel.

"You better give this young lady a room by herself or I will never spend a dime here again! And get her medical attention while you're at." Coach shouted. The manager looked at me and frowned.

"I am so sorry. I will put a discount on the room." The manager said.

"Like hell you will." Coach mumbled. I held back a laugh. Of course the ambulance had to come but I didn't have to go to the hospital, which was good. They got me cleaned up and told me to ice as much as possible for my stomach and chest. As for my head and busted lip. I would need to take over the counter medicine to stop the pain. I had bruises already showing on my face and my lip would not stop bleeding. I had also managed to bit my tongue hard enough that it needed stitches. Stitches on my tongue, what a wonderful feeling.

I hopped out of the ambulance and headed back to the room to grab my stuff.

"Are you alright? I heard what happened." Oliver said as he hugged me.

"I'm, fine but don't squeeze me please." I said and he let go.

"Your brother is giving the boys a lecture. I would be too but I wanted to make sure you were alright. Do you want me to stay in your room with you tonight?" He asked.

"Thanks but I think I'll be okay." I said.

"If you need anything just call me please. I mean anytime, it could be at night or even during school, I don't care. Just please call." He said with tears brimming his tears.

"Oliver, don't cry please." I said and stroked his face.

"I just don't like seeing you like this. It brings me back to when you were-" I cut him off.

"Raped and stabbed, I know." I said. He pursed his lips.

"I'll be fine Olly bear." I said with one of his nicknames I gave him a while ago. He smiled shyly. I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

I walked the rest of the way to my new room and dumped my stuff in there. I sat on the bed and took my shirt off that was stained with blood. My scars from the stabbing years ago were still noticeable. They will always be there to remind. Some nights they cause me a lot of pain, emotionally and physically. I try so hard to forget but it's always at the back of my mind.And tonight I should have never made that dumb ass bet. I'm such a kid. I knew Oliver never set up that bet about me. He's not like that. He would never hurt me like that either.

I rolled over in the bed since I knew I should be getting up from my nap. I looked at the time and jumped out. I had less time than I had wanted. I have only fifteen minutes to get ready for the banquet.

I slid into my tights, pulled up my pencil skirt, and shoved myself into the blouse. It was a nice dark purple color so it went well with my skin tone. I slide my feet into some heels and quickly put my hair up. I fixed up my makeup and put my chapstick on last.

I grabbed my clutch and placed my phone in it. I opened the door to see Oliver and Elliot all dressed up.

"You both looking dashing." I complimented them.

"You look good yourself." Elliot said and gave him a thank you. Oliver just looked at me without blinking.

"Let's head down." I said and linked my arms with both of them and went down to the banquet.

"Can I talk to you?" Oliver asked me.

"Yeah, of course." I said and let Elliot walk off. Oliver grabbed my hand and walked me down another hallway and went into a janitor's closet.

"Why are we in here?" I asked rubbing my arm awkwardly and looking down at my feet. He didn't answer me, so I looked up at him, only to notice he was staring at me.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? You've been acting weird.-" I was cut. He cupped my face and stroked his thumbs on my cheeks as our lips danced together. My arms criss-cross behind his neck as one of my hands played with his soft ash brown hair.

"I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry." He apologized and then I was left alone in the janitor's closet.

Damn. That's all I had to say. I think I enjoyed that a little too much, probably more than I should have. It's probably just a phase for him. He wouldn't like me like that.

I made my way back to the banquet and walked around awkwardly until coach found me.

"Here is one of our managers. Meet Daniella Baxton." Coach Richards said telling some other adults. I waved and said hello.

"So you're the daughter of coach Baxton." Someone said noticing my last name.

"Um yes, I am." I said and I knew questions were coming.

"So what's it like having a father that had an affair?" Another adult asked.

"That's a personal question I will not be answering." I said politely.

Coach then set me free so I went to find some delicious food and get myself a non-alcoholic drink. I sat at a table with Elliot.

"Have you seen Oliver?" My brother asked.

"Not since we talked." I told him.

" I'm going to go find him." He said standing up and leaving the table.

"You know, you still owe us our dinners for a month." Jackson said.

"There's dinner already served. And First, I am not cooking for you because that's what mom's are for. Second, you have anger problems you need to take care of. Thirdly, I don't have to do anything I don't want or need to if I feel uncomfortable." I said. That got him pissed off but he walked away. It was a stupid bet and I will fulfill my duties later when I feel like it.

Since we were leaving early tomorrow morning, I decided it was best for me to go to bed early. I had came up to the room about an hour ago and showered.

I sat on my bed with my phone seeing that Oliver never texted me back. I hope he is okay. Then, there was a knock on the door. I shot up and opened it.

"Look, I want to apologize for beating you up so bad. You don't even have to the dinner thing anymore. I knew you weren't going to but I just want to make sure you know you don't have to. I messed up big time. Seeing you and your mom fight with your dad, reminded me about my family. I didn't want to be like that again, so I turned on the angry guy side of me. I'm bipolar and I happen to live alone." He told me right away. my mouth was about to drop open but I hugged him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said those things back at the banquet." I apologized.

"No, don't be sorry. stepping your foot down on me helped me to realize who I'm dealing with. You are very strong, emotionally and physically. It's good that you stand up for yourself. Many people would like to have someone like that in their life. So can we start over?" He asked.

"Start over as?" I asked since we basically had a few dates and then hated each other for a little.

"As friends. If I ever get out of line again, slap me in the face or tell me straight up that I'm being a bitch." He said, I nodded taking in the information.

"I'm always here for you, don't hesitate to talk to me about anything. okay?" I told him.

"Okay. I'll let you sleep. Sweet dreams." He said and started walking away.

"Night." I said and we waved good-bye until we would see each other on the bus at five o'clock sharp. I closed the door and got comfy in bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 6.2K 72
Alli, short for Allison is the sister of the quarterback, who is dating the head cheerleader. As if that wasn't enough, but no. Connor, her brother's...
39.4K 999 36
** WHEN NO ONE WOULD SEQUEL ** It's been a year since Danny and Jess made their way out of the friend zone, everything seems fine and dandy... Or is...
460K 11.2K 30
Ava has been dancing since she was three. It was her escape from reality. At her school dance is considered "Easy" And "Not a sport" Ava and her f...
76.9K 1.2K 45
Amira Adams never cared for the athletes at her school. She always cared about her marks and staying happy. It's not until the new quarterback plays...