Just Friends | A Joe Jonas Fa...

By joecationeyes

Ann is a 26 year old ambitious singer whose dream is to make it in the show business. Moving to California to... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 - Final Chapter
Sequel is up!

Chapter 40

569 15 32
By joecationeyes

„Why did he hit you?" Sophie continued to question. She was in pure shock, not expecting this turn of events.

Ann looked at Joe, whose seemed to be trying to come up with something to say.

„It was my fault." He said with a weak smile.

„Why?" Sophie frowned.

„I provoked him. Said a little too much."

„Jesus, but why?"

„I just..." he sighed. „I don't like the guy."

„Joe, I know that Ann is like a little sister to you. And I get that you're worried about her. But he's good for her." Said Sophie, putting a hand on his knee.

„Maybe you're right. Maybe I judged him a bit too fast." He said looking at Ann, who gave him a weak smile.

„Come on, let me get you cleaned up." Sophie said, helping him stand up. He groaned in pain, his back hurting from the impact of falling.

Ann followed them behind and went to the kitchen to grab herself a bottle of water. She felt her phone vibrating and it was of course Josh. She declined and sat on the couch. She didn't want to interrupt Joe and Sophie, so she scrolled through her social media to pass the time.

Josh kept on calling her, but she declined every time. She shouldn't be this mad at him, after all, he stood up for her. Yet, she was mad at him for hurting Joe. She hated violence. Seeing Joe like this made her heart ache. She saw Josh was texting her too, trying to get her to call him back, but she kept on ignoring him.

Joe and Sophie came back in the room. There was no sign of blood on Joe anymore, he had a fresh black T-shirt on and a band-aid on the cut on his cheek.

„Fresh and clean." Sophie said, smiling at Ann.

„I feel so bad." Ann said, brushing a hand through her hair.

„Don't." Joe shook his head. „It's not your fault."

„I brought him here."

„Yeah, but you didn't punch him. They need to sort it out between each other." Sophie said, grabbing two bottles of water from the fridge and passing one to Joe.

„What a day." Ann sighed, pushing her head back.

„If you're too tired to go back to your hotel, you're more than welcome to stay here." Sophie said, sitting next to her and putting her head on Ann's shoulder.

„Thank you." She smiled at her and than at Joe who smiled as well.

„Okay, I'm gonna go pack." She sighed, standing up.

„Pack?" Ann frowned.

„Yeah, I have a plane to catch in three hours. I have a meeting in New Jersey at 6 am. But I'll join you guys at the show."

So she was going to stay in here without her? Alone with Joe? That can't be good.

She went to her bedroom and Ann and Joe sat quietly next to each other on the couch. Joe noticed how she constantly rejected someone's call.

„Is it him?" He said, making Ann look up at him.

Fuck, he's so close.

"Yeah." She sighed, quickly looking down, avoiding his eye contact.

"Answer it."

"I don't want to."

"Ann, don't be mad at him."

"I am! He hurt you." She frowned.

"I'm okay." He laughed. "You're cute when you're so worried." He said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Ann felt her body shiver at his touch. Knowing that he was so close didn't help at all. She hated the fact that she wanted to kiss him so bad at that moment. She knew it was the hormones speaking, but fuck, he looked hot with that cut.

You're both in relationships. Calm the fuck down.

"Tell him to come back here. I want to talk to him as well." Said Joe.

Ann sighed and texted Josh.

Ann:
I'm still at Joe's. Come back if you want to talk.

Josh:
Be there in a while. Thank you.

"Okay kids, I'm going." Said Sophie, placing her suitcase next to the door.

They both stood up and hugged her goodbye.

"I'll see you at the show. Be good." She said pointing her finger at Joe.

"Sure will." He laughed it off.

They shared a quick kiss before she disappeared behind the doors.

Suddenly Ann felt the air becoming thicker as they were left alone. Ann cussed herself in her mind. She had no idea what was going on with her today, but the jealousy made him ten times hotter.

"Is he coming?" Joe asked, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah." She nodded, biting the inside of her cheek.

"You want something to drink?" He said, going into the kitchen to pour himself another glass of tequila.

"I've got water, thanks." She said, following him.

"Don't want another mimosa? Or maybe I can make you something else?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know. I'm a master in making drinks in a heat of the moment."

"Okay. I'm intrigued." She laughed and leaned against the counter watching him take out a glass from a shelf.

"But don't look. I want it to be a surprise."

"Okay." She chuckled, closing her eyes. She stood there just listening to some fluids being poured and ice cubes being thrown. "Just remember it to be virgin."

"Who do you think I am?" He chuckled. "Even though you and virgin just don't really match."

"Joe!" Ann laughed, trying to punch him in the arm but missing.

"Okay, here you go." He said trying to place the glass in Ann's hand, their fingers brushing together.

With her eyes closed, the feeling of his touch was even more sensational and she felt... butterflies?

Oh shit.

She cleared her throat and took a sip.

"Fuck, that's the best thing I ever had."

"Told you." Joe laughed. "I named it 'Face Punch'."

"Nice." Ann laughed. "What's in it?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

She opened her eyes slowly and she saw him inches away from her with a smirk painted on his face. They locked eyes and Ann brought her hand up to the cut. He frowned as she touched it.

"Does it hurt?"

"A little. But I'll live." He smiled.

Ann traced her fingertips further down on his stubble and brushed through it, making Joe close his eyes. She then moved her finger to his lips, tracing it on his bottom one. She heard his breath getting heavier as he opened his mouth.

This is wrong. This is so wrong.

She kept telling herself that, but her body didn't listen. Joe didn't stop her at all and it only made her want to do more. She got closer to him, brushing their lips together.

"Ann..." he whispered against her lips.

"Joe." She whispered back, making him smile.

Suddenly a knock on the door broke their little moment, making them jump back from each other. The realization hit and Ann felt guilt washing over her.

"I'll get it." Joe said, fixing his pants and rushing to the door.

Ann took a few deep breath, trying to calm down from the heated moment they just had.

"Come in." Said Joe, moving to a side so Josh can walk in.

"Thanks." Said Josh with an awkward smile. He locked eyes with Ann who stood there with her arms crossed. "Hey."

"Hey." She replied.

"Let's sit down." Joe said, walking to the couch.

Josh and Ann sat on the couch and Joe on an armchair in front of them. They stayed quiet for a while, not knowing how to start the conversation.

"First of all, Ann." Said Josh. "I've never hit anyone in my entire life. I don't know how and when it happened. I was shocked myself."

"And I'll say it was my fault. I said a thing or two too much. And I admit I wanted to provoke you, just didn't think you would actually hit me." Joe chuckled.

"Yeah, same man." Josh scoffed. "Is it bad?"

"It's just a cut." He shrugged.

"I'm terribly sorry. To both of you." Josh said taking Ann's hand into his. "Do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you, Josh..." she rolled her eyes. "I'm just... mad. I hate violence."

"Me too!" Josh sighed. "I hate myself for doing it."

"Don't, man." Joe shook his head. "I know why you did it and I forgive you. I would do the same."

Joe stood up and hold up his hand to him, making him stand up and pulling him into a man hug.

"So we're cool?" Josh said, pulling away from him.

"Yeah, we're cool." Joe smiled. "I'm sorry I was so harsh to you. You seem like a really good guy."

"Thank you. It means a lot." Josh said, sitting back down next to Ann. "And what about us? Are we cool?" He said with a hopeful tone.

Ann stayed silent for a while, but then put on a smile. "Yeah, we're cool."

Josh smiled back and cupped her face, giving her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Ew." Joe said while making a disgusted face.

"Ew you." Ann frowned, making them both laugh. "So... will you come to the show tomorrow?"

"Hell yeah." Josh said sounding really enthusiastic.

"You can fly with us if you want." Joe suggested. "We have a flight at around 10 am."

"Sure, thanks." He smiled.

"You'll be a great step-father." Joe said.

"Thanks man. It means a lot." Josh smiled at him and then turned to Ann. "I can't wait to watch you become a mother."

"And I'll tell Sophie after the show. We're going to have a family gathering at my parent's house and I'll announce it to everyone." Joe nodded.

Ann looked at him and searched his eyes for an answer. So... co-parenting? Is that what he wants?

"What if she doesn't take it well?" Ann asked.

Joe shrugged. "I'll be a proud single dad."

They talked some more before it was starting to get really late.

"Okay, it's really nice, but I've got to get some sleep. Tough day today." Josh chuckled. "Do you want me to drop you off at the hotel?" He turned to Ann.

"Umm..." She looked at Joe, who quickly turned his gaze somewhere else. Even though she knew it was bad, she wanted to stay at his place. She wanted to stay with him. "I'm good."

Joe quickly turned to her, surprised by her answer.

"Oh?" Josh sounded confused.

"Yeah, I'll catch a ride later. Need to talk with Joe about one more thing." She decided not to tell him about the fact that she was staying there that night. It sounds wrong and it is wrong to stay at your ex's place alone with him. Yet she felt like she needed that. She needed some closure with him.

"Okay." He smiled at her, before pulling her into a kiss. "Sleep well, okay? I'll see you tomorrow."

"You too." She said hugging him goodbye.

"Later, man." He said to Joe, pulling him into another man hug.

"See you." He said, before closing the door after him.

Yet again, the air thickened as they were left alone. He turned to Ann and started to walk slowly in her direction.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" He smirked, not believing her excuse.

"About... stuff." She smiled, trying to hide the redness on her cheeks.

"Grab a drink, let's go on the rooftop." He said, passing her by. The smell of his cologne hit her nostrils and she closed her eyes, sinking it in.

She grabbed the drink he prepared her earlier and followed him up the stairs. They sat on the couch and enjoyed the view of New York by night.

"Why did you never bring me here?" She asked curiously.

"I proposed to Sophie here." He gave her a weak smile. "I have a love-hate relationship with this place."

"Oh." Ann looked away. "You shouldn't think of it that way. It's so beautiful."

"It is." He said. Ann looked back at him and he was looking right at her, as he was saying it about her.

He brought his hand up to her cheek and started to caress it. Ann leaned slightly onto it, closing her eyes.

"So..." he said. "What did you want to talk about?"

She opened her eyes and saw a spark in Joe's eyes.

Oh, I'm fucked.

He leaned slightly forward, closing the space between them. Their noses brushed together and they both closed their eyes.

"Joe, we shouldn't..." She whispered, looking away.

But Joe turned her face back at him with a finger and looked her right in the eyes.

"We shouldn't. Yet you're here." He said, focusing his attention on her lips. "Why did you stay?"

"I... I don't know." She breathed hard against his lips.

"What do you want, Ann?" He said slightly brushing their lips together.

It was so bad. It was cheating. Yet in that moment she felt as though nothing and nobody else mattered. It was just them. And she knew exactly what she wanted.

"You." She whispered quietly, as if she didn't want him to hear it.

But he did. And he didn't hesitated. He pressed his lips against hers and pushed her down on the couch, lying on top of her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 1.3K 24
{Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato} In this story, Nick was a successful business man that got fired. He moves back to his parents house but get a bit more o...
497 35 44
Demi is a 22-year-old young woman plunged into the misery of prostitution and the grip of her pimp. Wilmer is a famous 35-year-old actor who has ach...
63.8K 1.2K 19
Described as the Golden Girl by the paparazzi, you were taking Hollywood by storm. Your acting career was flourishing and you receive your first Osca...
19.1K 663 10
Demi Lovato was kicked out of her house when she was eighteen and now Joe has found her living her life on the streets. So to keep her safe he offers...