Just Friends | A Joe Jonas Fa...

By joecationeyes

Ann is a 26 year old ambitious singer whose dream is to make it in the show business. Moving to California to... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 - Final Chapter
Sequel is up!

Chapter 24

793 18 17
By joecationeyes

She took one of the tests in her hand and sat on the bathtub.

„No, no, no. That's gotta be a mistake."

„You did three." She passed her the two other tests.

„This can't be real." She shook her head, tears forming in her eyes.

„That's what happens when you have an unhealthy amount of sex." She sighed and crouched in front of her. „We got this, okay? We'll manage."

„Jazz, I don't even know if I want this baby." She looked at her, tears now streaming down her face.

„Okay, I can understand that. But before you do anything, you need to speak with Joe. He deserves to know." Ann nodded in response and took her phone out of her pocket.

Ann: will you be in LA any time soon?

Joe: hey. I'm here for a day today actually. Leaving back to New York in the evening.

Ann: could you find some time to come over? We need to talk.

Joe: sure, be there in an hour.

„Okay, he's going to come over." She sighed, locking her phone. „How do you tell your ex boyfriend you're pregnant with him? That's new for me."

„You should just go with what your heart tells you. Tell him how you feel and listen to what he has to say. You have to come up with a solution together."

Ann nodded in response and went into her room to make herself more presentable. She then laid on her bed, staring at the ceiling. She was pregnant. She literally had Joe's baby in her stomach. And they weren't even together. She chuckled at the thought of what a mess her life had become.

She turned on her phone and scrolled on social media, before coming around an article. There was a picture of him and Sophie in New York. With a shaking hand, she opened the article.

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner are back together?

Our sources noticed the two former lovers walking along the streets of New York while holding hands! With coffees in their hands, they enjoyed the warm summer weather in NYC. Just look how happy they are! Nothings official yet, but we can tell by the pictures, that it's going well! What happened to Joe's former speculated lover Ann Hart? Were they really never together? Or did he dump her for his ex fiancée? Stay tuned, as we find out more details!

She moved back to the picture and stared at it for what felt like forever. He was so happy. She could do all the things Ann wanted to do with him, but couldn't. Hold hands, walk around cities, not be scared of paparazzis. Even though she encouraged him to try again with her, she was surprised that he really did. Somehow she wished he would go after her to LA and spent the break together, just like they planned. But here he was, staying in New York to spend time with Sophie.

It wasn't long until she heard the doorbell. Her heart sank as she got up from bed. She took a few deep breaths before opening the door.

There he was, standing in her doorway in a sleeveless shirt and a baseball cap. He had a paper back in his hand and he lifted it up as soon as he saw her with a smile, that somehow still made her heart skip a beat.

„Hey, brought some Chinese."

„Hey." She gave him a weak smile and gestured for him to come in.

„Is Jazz home? Bought her some too." He said while placing the bag on the kitchen counter.

„I'm here." She said coming out of her room.

„Oh, hey Jazz." He smiled at her. „Feel free to grab anything you like."

„Thanks." She said looking at Ann with a concerned look.

„What's going on?" He said looking at their faces.

„You might want to sit down for this." She sighed, taking a seat on one of the bar stool.

„You'll be fine?" She said, putting hand on Ann's shoulder. She nodded in response and Jazz grabbed a box of noodles, before disappearing in her room.

„Well, that was awkward." He chuckled while sitting next to her. „Does she know about..."

„Yeah, I told her everything."

„Hey, I'm really grateful you texted me." He said focusing his attention on her. „I wanted to meet as well, but I was afraid you wouldn't. How are you doing?"

„I'm... managing. And you?" She said, already knowing the answer.

„Yeah, I'm... I'm good. I'm trying to make it work with Soph again. We take it slow, but it's going good." He said brushing his neck. „I'm sorry, I shouldn't talk to you about her."

„Joe, I was the one to encourage you to do it. I'm just happy you're happy." She gave him a weak smile.

„I know, but the way we ended things, I feel like there were stuff said-„

„I'm pregnant." She said, interrupting him. She couldn't hold it any longer.

„What?" His eyes grew big and he immediately turned pale.

„Yeah..." she sighed, hiding her face in her hands.

„Are you sure?"

„I took three tests. So yeah, pretty sure." She said into her hands, unable to look at him.

„You told me you were on birth control." He frowned.

„I was..."

„Fuck." He stood up and started to walk back and forth in the kitchen.

„Don't worry. I'm not planning on keeping it."

„Why?" He stopped in his tracks.

„Why?" She chuckled. „Because I don't feel ready. You're not ready. We're not together. Everyone will find out when they see me with a bump on the concerts."

„That's my baby too." He said a little frustrated. „You don't get to decide for the both of us."

„Yes, I do. I could have never even told you. That baby is in my body." She frowned, her frustration rising as well. He sighed and walked up to her.

„Can we at least talk about it?"

„You want to keep it?"

„I don't know what I want. Never in a million years did I think we'll be having this kind of conversation. But let's talk. Like adults."

She sighed and took his hand, leading them to her bedroom. She sat on the bed as he crouched in front of her.

„Well then, let's talk." She sighed. „How is keeping a baby with your ex going to improve your life and your current relationship?"

„Forget Sophie." He shook his head. „All I care about right now is you and the baby. And keeping you both safe." He took her hand and Ann felt a familiar feeling in her stomach.

„How would we do this, Joe?" Ann chuckled, her eyes getting wet.

„I don't know. But I'm not going to give up on you two." He looked her deep in her eyes, his eyes getting watery as well.

„Joe..." She tried to say something, but he pulled her in a tight hug. She cried into his arm, as he caressed her back.

„I'm going to cancel my flight tonight. Would it be okay if I stay with you?" He said into her hair.

„But what about Sophie?" She sniffed.

„I told you not to worry about her. Right now, you're my main focus." He pulled back and caressed her cheek. „I'll book you an appointment at the gynecologist."

„Thank you." She smiled, leaning onto his hand.

„We've got this." He whispered and kissed her forehead.

Just like he said, he made a few calls, looking for the best gynecologist in town and canceling his flight and some plans for the next week. He also called Sophie, making up some excuse as to why he had to stay a whole week in LA.

„How did she react?" Ann asked as soon as he hung up.

„Fine. She understood." He smiled at her, but she could sense it wasn't true.

„You don't have to stay a whole week."

„But I want to. I booked you an appointment for tomorrow morning. Could I come with you?"

„Of course." She chuckled. „We're in this shithole together, right?"

„Right." He smiled, sitting next to her on the bed. She leaned her head on his shoulder, as he played with her hair. „You know, I always wanted to be a father."

„And I always wanted to be a mother. I just... imagined it completely different. You know, marriage first and stuff."

„Well, this is real life not a movie. Shit like this happens." He sighed. „Did you really think about getting an abortion?"

„I'm still thinking about it. I'm still processing all of this." She looked up at him. „You don't think about it?"

„Honestly, no. It didn't even cross my mind." He looked down at her, still playing with her hair. „This is our baby."

Her eyes started to water and she hugged him tight, crying in his arm. From the first moment she found out, she knew she was not going to keep it. But here he was, so passionate about it. It took Ann off guard. She really thought he would feel the same. When Sophie finds out, she'll definitely not be happy about it. But he didn't seem to care. He cancelled all his plans to stay with her, to take care of her. She was so grateful, but also a bit guilty, doing it behind Sophie's back.

„You need to tell her." She said onto his arm.

„I know. But not yet."

„How do you think she's going to react?"

„She'll probably dump me." He chuckled. Ann pulled apart from him with a concerned face. „Ann, I told you not to worry about her. I don't care what she will do. I'm here right now and that's all that matters."

She looked him in the eyes and fought the urge to kiss him. She was amazed at how passionate he was about this baby and how much he wanted to take care of her. This was another side of him that she was discovering. And she liked it.

„Now, come on. Let's eat the food. It's probably already cold." He got up and held out his hand to her. She smiled at him and took it. No matter how much she tried to deny it, she missed his touch. She missed him.

They sat at the bar stools and enjoyed the, already cold, noodles and spring rolls. But she didn't mind that. She was just happy to have him next to her.

„My mom is coming tomorrow." She said biting into the spring roll.

„Are you going to tell her?"

„I don't know. Should I?"

„Probably." He shrugged. „I'm sure she'll be a great support."

„Yeah..." she nodded. „I have to think about it."

They finished the food and cleaned up the mess they made, while eating.

„I'll make you some tea, you go and put on some movie." He winked at her.

„Whatever movie I want?" She smirked.

„Sure." He shrugged.

She ran to her room and smiled as she turned on the TV. She searched for Camp Rock and giggled as she put it on.

„Oh, this is going to be so fun." She said to herself.

About a minute later, Joe came back in the room with a tea in one hand and a water in the other. Ann was already tucked in bed, waiting impatiently for him with a wide smile.

„Someone's excited." He chuckled at her.

„Oh, very excited." She giggled as he put the tea on her nightstand.

„What movie did you choose?"

„You'll see. But it's one of my favorites. A classic." She said, giving him the chefs kiss.

He chuckled and got in the bed next to her. Ann smiled to herself. She had no idea how much she missed him, until that moment, feeling his warm body next to her.

„Okay, ready." He said, tucking himself under the covers.

„Okay." She giggled and pressed play.

It took him about three seconds to notice what movie it was. He pushed his head back, letting out a big laugh, making Ann laugh as well.

„No fucking way. We're not watching that shit." He said, trying to take the remote from Ann's hand.

„You said whatever movie I want!" She said, laughing as they fought over the remote.

„You can't possibly call that cringeshow a movie!"

„Joe!" She squealed as he started to tickle her. „Okay, okay! You win!" She gave up, passing him the remote.

He reached out for the remote and their hands met. They immediately stopped laughing, scanning their faces as they were inches away from each other. She knew it was wrong. He was in a relationship. Yet, he was here, in bed with her. She felt as if nothing had changed, as if the events from last week didn't happen. It was just them.

She got so lost in her thoughts, that she didn't even notice how close they have gotten to each other, their lips almost meeting now. She looked up at him, but he had his eyes closed. Her heart was racing and she panicked.

She cleared her throat and pulled back, making Joe jump. His face was painted with terror as he shifted in his place and scrolled other movie options.

She sat back, watching the screen. She thought this situation couldn't get more complicated. Well, turns out it can. He picked some action movie and they watched it in a complete, awkward silence.

-JOE'S POV-

I laid there in her bed, million thoughts rushing in my mind. I was never the type to cheat. But was this even cheating? I love her. I never stopped. Going back to Sophie felt like an escape, trying to forget about Ann. But I couldn't. I now know, she is the one for me. And that baby is a blessing we didn't know we needed. I couldn't imagine a better mother for my child.

______________
Hey! Sorry, for the late update. I got food poisoning 🤢 Wrote it with a fever, so I'm sorry if it this chapter turned out worse than the others!
Just wanted to take this moment and say thank you for all the comments and love you guys are giving the story 🩷 It's really motivating. I'm going to try to stay on track with the daily updates as much as it will be possible.
Love you guys, thanks again for the amazing feedback 🩷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 870 36
Liz Jonas is the youngest and only sister to world-sensation boy band the Jonas Brothers. She has acclaimed her own fame by singing, acting, and bein...
6.5K 230 16
This story is a sequel! If you haven't read Just Friends yet, please go read that one first. Read to find out how Ann and Joe managed parenthood whil...
8.9K 401 25
Ruby has what people call a dream job. She's a backup singer for the Jonas Brothers. But it's way more complicated than that. Love. Lust. Loss. Pain...
23.4K 743 36
Demi and Joe Jonas just two regular people that cross path while Demi is going to college. Demi Lovato is a little stubborn girl that has trouble lov...