I Thought This Was A Common T...

Av estellerinn

As if it wasn't enough to be hit on the head by my co-workers and boyfriend, I died at the hands of my gambli... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156 - The End

Chapter 67

1.7K 35 1
Av estellerinn

'Why is Lizé suddenly doing this, and does it really have anything to do with me meeting the second exception condition?'

While I was thinking about this, Cliff said something out of the blue.

"Oh! Do you happen to know a maid named Sabina?"

"Who?"

"Sabina."

"No, I don't. I've never heard that name before. What does she look like?"

"......she's a slightly skinny maid with a mix of blond and chestnut-colored hair. She mostly carried laundry."

"Hmm...... I'm sorry, I don't remember much about her, as Anna or Sophia took care of all the laundry that went in or out of my room. But what's with the maid, is something wrong?"

Cliff smiled slightly when I asked. Something about it felt off.

"Oh, I see. I wish I had known."

"What?"

"Ah, I was thinking of giving her a promotion if she has a good reputation."

"I see. I'm sorry, I haven't gotten to know all the maids' names yet."

"Well, that's okay."

Cliff finished his tea with an odd smile.

"Anyway, what I said, don't forget to give it a try. If it works out, it'll be good for you and good for me, right?"

"Ha...... do you think so?"

I'm not looking forward to it. I'm just worried I might be stirring up Killian's memories of when he was with Lizé.

But there isn't much time left until the episode where my head is beheaded.

I have to try everything I can.

***

"Look at that, Killian! So cute!"

Lizé, who hadn't been out together in a while, smiled as she pointed to the window of a common haberdashery shop on Le Belle-Marie Street.

There were music boxes and glass artifacts that were said to be imported from abroad.

"They are cute. Do you want me to buy one?"

In Killian's eyes, they are overpriced and pretty trash, but if Lizé says they are pretty and cute, then they are.

"No, I'm just saying they're cute."

But Killian took Lizé inside to buy the things she pointed out.

A music box made by one of the world's top three craftsmen costs 200,000 sennas, and a bunny-shaped glass ornament imported from a famous glass producer costs 18,000 sennas.

"I'm really fine......"

Lizé, who had been flustered the entire time Killian was paying for it, raised her eyebrows at the gift.

"I just bought it for you because I wanted to. There aren't many days left when I can get you something like this."

"What? Killian, where are you going?"

"I'm going down to the Ryzen estate."

"Uh, when are you going?"

"Well...... maybe early next year?"

Killian gave a small laugh at the way Lizé seemed to be mourning his departure.

"Is Edith coming with you?"

Her question was a little odd.

Not only was she asking the obvious, but there was a tone of disbelief in her question.

"Isn't that obvious? Of course Edith will miss life in the capital, but the lord's wife has no choice but to follow suit."

"T- that's right......"

"What's wrong?"

"Because I will miss her, I suppose. She's one of the few friends I have......"

The weirdness quickly dissipated.

Killian remembered that Lizé didn't have many friends her age, and thought she had every right to feel sad.

As they chatted, they soon reached their destination.

"Ah, here we are."

The two walked into a high-end shoe store together.

"Welcome– ah, you're coming for your shoes!"

"Yes."

The store owner quickly remembered the two dazzlingly gorgeous people.

He pulled out one of the boxes on the shelf and opened it in front of them.

"These are in great shape. Try them on."

Lizé smiled shyly, sat down, and held out her dainty feet.

The shoes are cream-colored satin, with ribbons and diamond buckles on the instep.

Killian vividly remembered the day she'd been fitted for these shoes.

It was a few days before the fake document leak incident.

Edith had stepped up to console Lizé, who smiled sadly, saying she was so much smarter and better at her job than her uneducated self.

I think it was that day that Edith also said she was taking her maid out.

"Good shoes will take you to good places," Killian said.

It was meant to comfort Lizé, but it was also meant to say goodbye to her.

Originally, he wanted to be the "good place" for her, but he was saddened by the fact that he could no longer hold her in his arms.

But the human heart is deceitful.

What had felt like heartbreak to him then, felt like nothing at all now.

'Maybe I was pushed away easily by Cliff because my love is only this much.'

Come to think of it, Cliff centered his entire being around Lizé.

It was scary sometimes.

Maybe even letting Killian fall in love with her was a smokescreen to slowly make her his.

"Things will get better, Killian. I think you and Edith are a good match."

He remembered his mother's words, which had once angered him.

At the time, I thought it would never happen, but now it only confirms that she wasn't wrong.

'I wonder what Edith is doing today......'

The image of Edith standing in front of the carriage with only her maid for company kept coming back to him.

'I'll have to get some more of Edith's shoes and boots fitted before we go down to the estate. Now that I think about it, I don't have much time, do I?'

He couldn't even remember what shoes she wore.

Chastising himself for his indifference, Killian said to the shoemaker, who was singing his praises to Lizé.

"I'll drop by with my wife sometime soon. I think we'll have to order two or three pairs of shoes and boots each. How long do you think it will take to make them?"

"I- if it's two or three pairs each for the two of you, um...... I'd say it'll take three months at the very least, because we'll be getting a lot of winter shoe orders soon."

"I see. I'll have to get here as soon as possible."

He nodded, but Lizé was looking up at him with a strange look on her face.

"What's wrong, Lizé?"

"Oh, nothing, but I was wondering if you might want to consider...... Edith's preferences."

"Edith's preferences?"

"You know, she likes things a little more glamorous."

Killian smirked at that. "I thought so too, but her preferences seem to have changed a lot since we got married. I didn't realize she was such a pragmatist."

"Oh, really?"

"She'd probably complain that the shoes here are too fancy and expensive."

"Really? All her dresses are fancy, and from what I've heard, she likes to be fancy, so I guess I misunderstood, but Edith looks great in them though......"

"That's right, and the dress she wore on our wedding day, well, it was a little unconventional, but it did look good on her."

It was a little embarrassing to even think about the dress, which showed off her cleavage, but he found himself wanting Edith to try it on again in front of him.

'Though I'd probably take it off quickly.'

Killian tried to control the smile that kept spreading across his face.

They left the shoes they'd packed at the shoe store with a servant who followed them, and decided to explore Le Belle-Marie Street again.

Just as they were about to walk away, Killian turned sideways at an unfamiliar sensation on his forearm.

"Hm? Why?"

Lizé was holding onto his arm.

She had never done this before.

"Oh, no...... nothing."

Killian was a little surprised, but it was nothing to get offended about, so he left it at that.

'Lizé must be in a good mood.'

He was glad.

This could be his last day out with her.

As he and Lizé walked down the street, which was full of cute shops and young ladies in pretty dresses, he suddenly remembered the street he and Edith had walked down after the opera.

It was connected to Darsus Street, but it was a little shabbier.

A street with cheap candy sellers, a girl selling wildflowers, and a clown who couldn't get more than a few coins for his tricks.

It was a place he would have never visited if he hadn't chosen to go out the back door because of the crowds at the front door of the opera house.

It was not a place he thought Edith would like.

But for someone born and raised in a noble family, Edith had no problem interacting with the commoners.

In addition, she smiled happily even after receiving shabby things.

'Come to think of it, there's nothing left of what I bought her back then......'

The candy was eaten before they returned, and the flowers probably wilted in less than two days. Even the juggling balls show had nothing of physical value left.

'Maybe I should have gotten her something.'

I wish I'd gotten Edith something to remind her of that day every time she saw it.

"Hey, Killian. Look at that, it looks like a new store."

"Ah......!"

Killian, engrossed in thoughts of Edith, was startled by Lizé and turned his gaze in the direction she pointed.

The store was so full of pink that it was hard to walk past.

He didn't want to go in there, as he was already getting stares from passersby, but Lizé seemed to want to check it out.

'I guess since we're out here, let's take a look at everything she wants to see.'

Killian followed Lizé into the pink bustling store.

It turned out to be an accessories store, selling things like ribbons, headbands, corsages, and lace.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

10.7M 249K 60
𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐄𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the Italian mafia. He kills on...
485K 15.4K 116
'I want to travel to a place unknown to the many...' It was a passing wish to the weary and tired Eugene and she'd not think it'd ever come to pass...
282K 7.5K 170
After six years of war, my fiancé returned. With a woman and his child in tow. While saying that he couldn't leave her. The same irresponsible fiancé...
447K 10K 34
There are many Cliches in my school. The main four are the Jock, the Popular Girls, the Bullies, and the Nerds. Of course, I had to fall in the worst...