⎣Demon Slayer: Yōkai Wife⎤ [雪...

By LadyRaspberry93

Title: Snow Flower Summary: Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira, arrives in a rural, snowy mountain village wi... More

1: Leaving Home
2: Kazahana Village
3: Snow Flower
4: The First Test
5: In Search
6: Achievement Hashira
7: Flame & Snow
8: Over A Meal
9: The Ice
10: The Fire
11: Love At Last
12: The Second Test
13: Hot & Bothered
14: Awkward Situations
15: Hot Spring Shenanigans ♨
16: The Final Approach
17: One Last Confession
18: Winter Run
19: The Pied Piper
20: Raging Flames
21: Savior
22: The Final Test
23: Blood in The Snow
24: End of The Trials
25: Welcome Home
26: The Rengoku Family
27: A Wife's Duty
28: Under the Moon
29: Just for Tonight [Lemon]
30: Meeting the Hashira
31: The Man with the Kind Smile
32: A Wisteria Tale
33: A Gift
34: Rengoku vs. Kanroji
35: The Discussion
36: The Decision
37: Within the Autumn Dojo
38: A Great Teacher
39: The Next Step [Lemon]
40: Unbreakable Snowflake
41: The Yuki-onna's Final Selection
42: Waiting
43: Seven Nights
44: A Joyful Surprise
45: The Date
46: Another Proposal
47: First Mission
48: Flyday Chinatown
49: The Whistleblower
50: Flowers of Blood
51: Road to the Dark Shrine
52: Enter the Daoist Priest
53: Lovely Jiāngshī
54: The Jiāngshī Kyōjurō
55: One Step Closer
56: On Deadly Ground
57: The Upcoming Ceremony
58: ❁Wedding Day❁ [Preparation]
59: ❁Wedding Day❁ [The Gathering]
60: ❁Wedding Day❁ [The Ceremony]
61: ❁Wedding Day❁ [The Reception]
62: Honeymoon Night
63: Heat [Lemon]
64: Steam [Lemon]
65: One Thousand Wishes
66: A Double Date(?)
67: Lovely Fireworks
68: Imagining Home
69: Settling In
70: Appleseed
71: A Checkup & Special Announcement
72: Sweetheart
73: A Bun in the Oven
74: Kyōjurō's Joy
75: Sunflower
76: Kankagari Baby [Lemon]
77: Delivery Day
78: His Name
79: Little Sunshine
80: Inviting Them
81: New Additions
82: Satsumaimo!
83: Ride on Shooting Star
84: Mugen & Beyond [Lemon]
85: Issun-Bōshi
86: Until the Sun Rises
87: Last Words
88: Delirium
89: Rengoku
90: Cannot Go on Without You
91: Obachan❀
92: The Soul Hashira
94: Mother & Son
95: Live Again, Rengoku!

93: A Sorrowful Farewell

3.9K 200 69
By LadyRaspberry93

Ruka continued to hum a soft, heavenly tune whilst gently caressing her fingers through her son's beautiful, flaming tresses.

Gentle breaths leave Kyōjurō's lips as he continues to sleep soundly with his head resting in his mother's lap.

It never ceased to amaze Ruka how much Kyōjurō resembled his father as she smiles warmly down at her lovesome and bountiful son.

However, she slowly lifts her head upon hearing footsteps approach her and glanced to see the seraphic tennyo, who'd guided her son.

"Ruka.." Her voice is soft and kind, but dire.

"It's time.." She says.

The dark haired woman nods, understanding completely as there's no need for anymore explanations.

"Ok," is all Ruka says, before glancing back down at her sleeping son and begins to gently shake him awake.

"Kyōjurō!... Kyōjurō!" She calls his name, causing the flame-haired male to stir.

"Mmm..?" Kyōjurō groans, his dreams of joy and never-ending love vanishes─though not entirely as he remembers (or more so, knows) where he is.

"Wake up, my son."

Beautiful red, circled with gold eyes fluttered opened as Kyōjurō stares up at the celestial heavenly sky, before landing on his mother.

"Come on, get up. We have to go.." She gestures him to rise.

"Hm, go? Go where?" He asked, lifting his head from her lap.

"There's to time to explain. We have to leave." Ruka stands, before gesturing for him to follow her.

Curiosity courses through Kyōjurō's soul as he blinks in confusion.

"Is...is it time for me to leave purgatory and cross over into heaven?" He asked innocently. "Am I ready to be with my all heavenly father and join you and my ancestors?"

He knew once the dead eat from the bounty of Yomi, they belong to it for forever and always.

For a brief moment, Ruka sees that little boy whom heaven gifted her with. That very same little boy who'd she taught to be strong and save the powerless and weak. She couldn't help but smile at her son.

"Oh Kyōjurō," she chortles and Kyōjurō's eyes widen slightly; he is surprised to see and hear his mother laugh.

It's been so long that he nearly forgotten how lovely it sounded. The last Ruka had laughed was when he (Kyōjurō), Shinjurō, and Senjurō tried to bake her a cake on her birthday. Though, it had been a total disaster that ended with the kitchen floor being completely covered in flour, eggshells, cake batter, and frosting; but at least the cake had came out okay (sorf of). Nonetheless, the three had succeeded in making Ruka very, very happy.

"No, my son. There's something even better that awaits you. Now come along♡." Ruka urges him to follow.

Kyōjurō is confused by this, 'what could possibly be better than being in heaven?' He inwardly pondered.

Without question, he stands from the engawa and follows his mother into the heavenly garden.

──────────

"OBACHAN!"

You instantly panicked as you gently maneuver her so you're holding her upper body in your arms.

Tanjiro, Inosuke, Zenitsu, and the Kakushi are immediately by your side as Otsune begins to shake slightly in your arms, her breathing wheezy and labored.

"Obachan, w-what's wrong?" you asked in worry, hot tears started streaming down your cheeks as you held her. You stroke her hair and the elder woman gives you a warm, quivering smile.

"There's..a reason why I'd never used my tenth form and activated my mark.." She says weakly. "..It can be very... life draining."

"Y-you didn't have to do this, Obachan." you responded, your voice catching in your throat.

"Heh~ but I wanted to.." She says simply, through strangled breaths.

"I know how much Kyōjurō truly means to you..and how much you love him... I didn't want you to be lonely. So please...let this be my final gift to you."

"W-what?"

You're so confused; not entirely sure why she would go through such drastic measures just to heal Kyōjurō when he's already─

"Rengoku is a very good man. And...a good man..can be very difficult to come by." She chortles, before coughing.

Your heart tightens as her face slowly becomes pale and her radiant brown eyes begin to dull.

"Y-you've had nothing but the cold to keep you company. And no one to love."

"N-no. You're wrong, Obachan." You quickly shake your head, "I have you....and Thoki and Chizuru to keep me company. With you guys, I gained a loving f-family." Your voice breaks slightly as you briefly recalled how happy you've been to have a family that cared for you.

You thought fondly of all the smiles, laughter, and merriment you shared while being brought up in the temple.

Your remark made Otsune smile.

"..But we could only give you the kind of love that exists within a family; not the kind of love only a significant other can bring."

You deserved more than that.

She then gazed at Kyōjurō.

"From the very moment I met Kyōjurō; I knew he'd be the one to melt the ice in your heart and love you unconditionally.. And no matter how many times you tried to deny it; I knew you'd love him also."

Tears streamed down your face; t'was true...Kyōjurō had you at "hello," though the first thing he'd said to you was actually "Marry Me." However, you instantly fell in love with the Flame Pillar regardless.

He had been a godsend. Those years of loneliness, gone from your mind when you first locked eyes with him.

Kyōjurō was Kyōjurō; he was your Kyōjurō; your husband; the father of your son; and your eternal soulmate.

It hurt, like nothing else ever had and there was not a moment after that that you didn't think of your darling Flame Pillar and how you'd cared for him.

You couldn't imagine a life without him.

"...you both love each other and are destined to be together. Thus, I would happily give my life for his to make it so." Otsune says.

You smiled, choking back a sob. You're much more concerned with getting the priestess to someone who could save her life than a dying wish.

"P-please Obachan..dont say things like that. Please save your voice. Your going to be okay. W-we'll get you to the Butterfly Mansion and─"

Otsune chuckled weakly, before shaking her head no.

"Heh~ there's no need for that.....I am far too weak to even move. My hair is grey; my bones ache; my eyes and ears..dull and gnarled." She says.

You sob harder, holding her hand tightly, which was cool to the touch. Caressing her skin with your thumb, feeling every wrinkle as you could clearly hear Tanjiro and the others whimper and cry next to you.

"O-Obachan.."

"Do not cry that I am going die, (Name). Instead..continue to hold your head up high and smile... And besides, don't you think it's about time you stop being lonely and find happiness?" She asks.

You smiled; knowing it's the same question she asked you when Kyōjurō took his first test to prove his undeterred love for you as you nuzzled your cheek into the palm of her hand and nodded..

"Y-yes.."

God it hurts...it hurts so much.

"I know it hurts.....but rest assured...the pain will go away." She breathes, before averting her gaze to the young boy with the scar on his forehead.

Tanjiro.

She needn't say a word for she already knew whom it is that she's looking at; 'the one who shall breathe the sun and cast away the Demon King' and she couldn't stop the small joyful smile from grazing her lips as the sun's rays shined above the young boy's head.

"The sun will always bring a new day, so let it dry your tears and warm your heart."

"So until then, continued to live your life fruitfully and love your family...And always remember that I am proud to call you my daughter." She tells you.

"...I.....I will," you replied weakly.

"Mother." You added as Otsune's smile grew wider.

You looked into her hazy brown eyes and choke out, "I love you."

"I love you, too."

She would always love you (her precious Yukionna) with all her heart. She smiled with you, wanting to ease your worries and sorrow about leaving you alone.

The thought of making you cry held her in a vice grip, but she smiled, knowing that her sacrifice will not go in vain.

Otsune gives her life to revive the Kyōjurō (a life for a life) as she then slowly glanced up at the cloudy blue sky, seeing the golden gates of the heavens open as she can hear the soothing, heavenly sounds of laughter and merriment. Her time has finally come as her eyes slowly closed.

With one final exhale, the breath of life leaves her and she can finally rest.

A moment later... you felt her go limp in your embrace.

"O-Obachan...?"

*Silence*

She wasn't breathing!

"Obachan..? Obachan?!... OBACHAN!" You cried, tears streaming down your face as you embraced your now deceased foster-mother in your arms.

"D-don't leave me..." You buried your face against her chest as Tanjiro and the others cried along with you.

Otsune's pet owl Shiro, who been sitting perched in a nearby tree, lets out a screech, before flapping his wings and taking flight...

Farewell Otsune Fukusawa.🥀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 1.9K 43
With a happy and gentle genuine smile on her plump pink lips on her beautifully shaped face, she reminisces about the fading memories of her past lif...
5.5K 148 15
The red It filters through Kyojuro Rengoku survives the events of the Mugen Train. No longer fit for battle, he must train another to take his place...
11.6K 547 77
"There it is, a dishonorable title hangs above her head by a burlap rope, swinging as if it were a pendulum. It manages to get everyone's attention...
94.5K 2.9K 51
Kyojuro Rengoku, the flame hashira, and Tengen Uzui, the flamboyant and speedy sound hashira. Nothing more than good friends at first, an incident ab...