Power and Persecution [1] ||...

By beingobsessedisfun

⋆⭒˚。⋆BOOK 1 OF 3⋆⭒˚。⋆ What if Harry and Draco weren't enemies because of a rejected friendship or jealousy? W... More

Author's Note
Character Walkouts
PART I
1. Her New Beginning
2. The Wand Chooses the Wizard
3. Shops and Meetings
4. A Friend
5. Sweets and Spells
6. The Sorting Ceremony
7. Hufflepuffs
8. First Day
9. Flying
10. A New Perspective
11. Troll in the Dungeon
12. Levitation
13. The First Quidditch Game
14. Buttercups
15. Rewarded as a Punishment
16. Please Don't Hate Me
17. Realization
18. Christmas
20. The Mirror of Erised
21. Flowers and Friends
22. Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor
23. Detention
24. Unicorns Blood
25. The Slytherin Common Room
26. Changes for the Future
27. The Plan
28. Into the Trapdoor
29. Duels and Chess
30. Two Faces
31. Laughter
32. Her First Goodbyes
PART II
33. Summer
34. Knockturn Alley
35. The Flying Car
36. Back to Class
37. Mudblood
38. Human Decency
39. Enemies of the Heir ... Beware
40. Who is the Heir?
41. No Bones
42. Moaning Myrtle
43. Talking to Snakes
44. The Parselmouths
45. Protect Her
46. The Hufflepuff Chaser
47. Polyjuice Potion
48. Answers
49. Symbols of Friendship
50. Act Normal
51. The Diary
52. 50 Years Ago
53. Quidditch Is Cancelled
54. Hagrid
55. Spiders
56. Taken by the Monster
57. The Entrance
58. A Hat and A Bird
59. The Basilisk
60. The Chamber of Secrets
61. Revelation
62. The Truth
63. Thinking Things Through
64. Together
65. No Hogwarts Without You
PART III
66. Danger Is Here
67. Marge
68. The Knight Bus
69. The Girl's Scream
70. Guard Duty
71. Kidding
72. A Reunion Lesson
73. Expulso
74. Omen of Death
75. The Altitude
76. Bloody Chicken
77. He's Been Sighted
78. Focus On Your Fear
79. Birthday Celebrations
80. Bond
81. The Locator Spell
82. He's Here
83. Aresto Momentum
84. Teach Me
85. The Dog and The Yearbook
86. Mischief Managed
87. Weasle-Bee
88. He Was Their Friend
89. Exhausted
90. Expecto Patronum
91. First Party
92. The Hippogriff's Fate
93. Abnormally Large Nose
94. Assessments
95. Punches and Hugs
96. The Godfather
97. Pettigrew
98. The Dementor's Kiss
99. You Know The Laws
100. We Did It
101. Now We Wait
102. Proud
103. Not Interested
104. The Firebolt
105. Keep It
Author's Note

19. The Feast

141 11 9
By beingobsessedisfun

DISCALIMER

I do not own Harry Potter ... but if I did the ICCCC would be canon

__________<>__________

Bel had quickly left the Gryffindor common room to place her new belongings in her own dorm room.

Her flower from Riley went on her bedside table, the potion from Ollie in her toiletries bag, the watch from Cedric was on her wrist, the swing from Dumbledore safely tucked away until the snow cleared up, the book from Hermione placed with her other collection of spell books from the library, the lantern from Hagrid hung up on her bedpost, and whatever sweets or chocolate she had left over from her earlier indulgence went on her bed.

The mysterious necklace, however, she placed somewhere else.

Bel had bought a small box that contained all the mysterious things she owned.

She called it her 'don't think about it' box.

Inside lay all the anonymous notes she received and the piece of paper her mother had left her.

Now those items were joined by the necklace.

Bel once again looked over the objects and felt the cogs in her mind beginning to turn, but she quickly stopped herself.

Today was Christmas. The first Christmas she can see herself enjoying.

It wasn't going to be ruined by things she doesn't need to think about.

It can wait until another day.

Bel closed up the box and held her hand over the top of it.

"Colloportus", she whispered, and the box magically sealed itself shut.

A spell that she had learnt from one of the books in the library, and after a few practices with the box, she had mastered casting it without her wand.

Bel then slid the box back where it belonged under her bed and headed out to meet back up with Harry and Ron.

The three friends spent their day doing things Bel dreamed of doing back in the orphanages.

They had snowball fights outside, warmed up in the Hufflepuff common room as Ron insisted it was nicer than the Gryffindor one, and played a very intense game of hide and seek around the empty school.

And after seemingly endless fun and laughter, dinner had arrived.

Dumbledore had told her about the Christmas Feast that took place.

Considering the very small number of students that remained at Hogwarts over the Christmas holidays, there was no need for the four house tables to be used.

Instead, everyone sat around a single table in the middle of the Great Hall and ate a wonderous meal prepared by the elves in the kitchen.

Bel had snuck into the kitchens on a few occasions after missing out on meals due to losing track of time in the forest.

Hopefully her new watch would help her with that issue.

Whenever she would go at night, she usually ran into the resident troublemakers of Hogwarts; Fred and George Weasley.

The two had shown her around the kitchen and introduced her to all of the elves.

Bel quickly bonded with the mysterious creatures.

She didn't like the idea of them acting as slaves, and was always as kind as humanly possible to each one, resulting in the elves taking a large fondness to her.

This was shown through a bucket of her favourite ice cream (chocolate) being laid out for her whenever she entered the kitchen.

On multiple occasions, Fred, George, and Bel had stayed up talking about Quidditch and how the twins could use Bel's magic to create mischief whilst eating buckets of ice cream.

It was one of her favourite things to do, but it strictly stayed between the three.

They called it the Ice Cream Club for Classified Conversing.

Whenever she saw the twins in the hallways, they would tell her that an ICCCC meeting was being held that night.

It became their secret little code.

Ron had pestered Bel about a million times to figure out what they meant, but her lips remained sealed. Eventually, he had given up.

But that didn't matter now, as Bel was getting herself ready for this Christmas Feast.

She had a single nice dress from her time at the orphanage that she was required to wear whenever there were inspections or families came to interview her.

It was a navy velvet, with a small bow tied in the middle at the back.

Bel also wore some black tights and glossy black pumps, as well as a black cardigan to keep herself warm.

She had taken a single drop of the potion Ollie had given her, and her blond curls instantly straightened.

Bel didn't realize just how long her hair was, it almost reached her hips.

Clearly, she wasn't the only one who didn't realize.

"You don't need a jumper ... your hair will keep you warm instead!" Ron exclaimed as she approached them just outside of the Hufflepuff common room where the two boys were waiting for her.

Harry and Ron were both in formal wear.

Well, formal-ish.

Ron was wearing rather worn-down dress robes, a dark shade of grey which used to be black.

Harry wore a similar outfit, but it looked brand new.

It was rather funny to see such young boys dressed in adult formal clothes.

"You don't think this feast will be weird, do you? I mean, we are usually separated from the teachers during meals", Bel spoke her mind as she stopped in front of her two friends.

"I just hope I'm not sat next to Snape", Ron said in both a joking and totally serious way, causing Harry and Bel to giggle.

"To make sure that doesn't happen, we should probably get going. If I knew it took girls this long to get ready I would've said to meet ages ago. Harry and I have been waiting here forever", Ron added as he started down the hallway.

"I'm sorry! I lost track of time", Bel admitted.

"You have a watch now, don't you?" Ron called back as he was already quite a few paces ahead of the two.

"I forgot I had it, to be honest. I'm not used to having new things", Bel said to Harry as he walked alongside her.

"Neither am I", he replied.

"Your family don't get you presents at Christmas?!" 

"My cousin Dudley gets hundreds ... but not me."

"Well, that's no longer the case. I would've gotten you a present too. Next year you'll have one more to look forward to", Bel said which made Harry smile.

"Speaking of people we would have gotten presents for ... here", Harry said slightly under his breath.

Bel looked down and Harry was holding out a small flower to her.

It was a buttercup.

"What's this for?" Bel asked.

"It's for you. For Christmas. I know you didn't get gifts when you lived in those orphanages, and I know what that's like. I know it's not much, but I didn't expect –", Harry started to explain before Bel quickly cut him off and took the flower from him, placing it in her hair, tucked behind her right ear.

"It's perfect ... I love it. Thank you", she said softly and sent Harry a grateful smile.

The two had caught up to Ron, waiting impatiently at the entrance to the Great Hall before another word could be spoken between the two friends.

"Everyone is already in there", Ron said with a big gulp.

Bel glanced into the Great Hall to see a table set up in the middle.

Around it sat Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Professor Flitwick, Professor Snape, Professor Sprout, Hagrid, Fred, George, and Percy Weasley, two students from other years and some other staff members Bel had never met before.

There were three seats left unoccupied.

Luckily, they were all next to each other, meaning Bel could sit beside at least one of her friends.

The seat furthest to the right was next to Hagrid and the seat furthest to the left was next to Percy Weasley.

"Finally! There you are. Come and join us you three!" Professor Dumbledore called out to the three friends standing frozen just outside the open doors.

Harry was the first to move, Bel and Ron following him.

Ron took the seat beside his brother, Harry next to Hagrid and Bel sandwiched in between them, directly opposite Dumbledore.

"Now we are all here, the Feast can begin!" Dumbledore said as he clapped his hands and the round table filled up with amazing food.

"Took you three long enough", Fred whispered across the table.

"We were all about to starve to death", George added before the twins both went back to filling up their plates.

Bel still had it engrained into her to take the smallest portions possible like they were forced to at the orphanage.

Cedric managed to slowly snap her out of it during meals, but he wasn't here.

So, her plate consisted of a single chicken leg, two potatoes, and a variety of vegetables.

"How has term been for you students?" Professor McGonagall asked after everyone had taken their plates.

"Mine has been tremendous, Professor", Percy Weasley immediately replied.

"We've had fun", George said.

"A lot of fun", Fred added.

"I saw that after receiving several letters of complaints for your shenanigans, you two", Professor McGonagall replied to the twins as they both wore mischievous smiles.

"It's Christmas, Professor", Fred started.

"You can't tell us off today", George finished.

"Indeed it is", Professor McGonagall said before turning to Harry, Ron, and Bel. "And you three?"

"It's been great", Ron replied with a mouthful of food, as Percy bought his hand to his face with embarrassment.

"It's been ... a change. But an amazing one", Harry said.

"That's good to hear", Professor McGonagall replied with a smile.

"Bel, what about you?" Professor Dumbledore prompted her after Bel didn't respond.

"I agree with Harry", was all the small girl replied.

"I see you've been keeping out of trouble. The check-ins I have received from Mr Diggory have been nothing but positive. Well done, dear", Professor Sprout said.

Bel smiled and nodded, knowing full well Cedric had been covering for her each time she was late somewhere.

"Have you been able to complete any more advanced charms, Miss Whitlock?" Professor Flitwick asked and everyone around the table looked at Bel expectantly.

"Uhhhh ...", Bel said, unsure of how to answer.

Yes was the simple answer.

No was the one she wanted to give.

"Bel has been showing great skill and promise in our lessons, Filius", Dumbledore answered for her.

"That is exciting. I was going to propose that you join in on some of my classes with older years –", Professor Flitwick started before Dumbledore interrupted him.

"I don't think she is quite there yet."

He was right.

Putting her in a classroom with anything but the basics with her wand will lead to disaster.

"H-h-how about she j-join m-m-my older c-classes?" Professor Quirrell asked with enthusiasm.

"The same answer applies. I'm afraid Bel needs a little more time", Professor Dumbledore said.

"It would also bode well for Miss Whitlock to spend a little more time on her Potions homework. Whilst lessons involving her wand may be going swimmingly, I'm not rushing to bump her up a year", Professor Snape said in his signature stern and intimidating tone.

"I'm sorry, Professor. I've been a slightly occupied with other things", Bel replied.

Harry and Ron both almost choked on their food knowing of their secret mission to look into Nicholas Flamel.

"What could possibly be more important than doing well in your Potions lessons?" Professor Snape asked.

"I can think of several things", George whispered.

"The list is endless", Fred added.

"It might be my fault, Severus. Our lessons have been slightly more intense and time-consuming than planned", Dumbledore said.

"Not to mention the poor thin' is exhausted after late nights in the forest wi' me", Hagrid chimed in.

"I'm fine. I promise next term I'll focus more on Potions, Professor", Bel said, wanting the subject to change as soon as possible.

"Perhaps Mr Potter will take your advice too. Although, whatever excuse he may come up with will be far less legitimate than your own", Snape said as he stared daggers towards Harry in the seat next to her.

"Oh, I'll definitely focus on things that involve you, Professor", Harry spat under his breath and Bel kicked him under the table.

Harry still hadn't dropped his theory that Snape was trying to steal whatever Fluffy was guarding.

"Well, that's good to hear. Shall we do the crackers?" Professor McGonagall quickly interjected.

Each person at the table picked up what looked like a regular Christmas cracker of either red or green.

Fred and George turned to each other, their eyes practically sparkling with anticipation of the explosion.

Ron and Percy teamed up.

Dumbledore held his out to Professor McGonagall, and she did the same in turn.

Professor Sprout and Hagrid were also paired up.

Harry and Bel turned to each other, holding the two crackers in each of their hands.

The other students and Professor Flitwick all got ready.

Professor Snape sat still, leaving his cracker on the table.

"On three. One ... Two ...", Professor Dumbledore announced.

Before he got to three, an explosion went off across the table and Fred and George were covered in blue smoke.

"Sorry", George said.

"Couldn't wait", Fred added.

"Three!" Dumbledore finished.

The entire table immediately filled with blue smoke and the loud sound of explosions as everyone pulled their Christmas crackers.

Once the smoke had cleared, Bel laid eyes on a small toy sat in front of each person.

In front of her sat a Wizard Chess set.

"Fitting ... you need practice", Ron said, and Bel rolled her eyes with a smile.

The rest of the Feast went more smoothly, with the staff speaking to each other about plans for next term, and the students chatting amongst themselves.

At the end, Dumbledore wished each everyone a Merry Christmas before they all filtered out of the Great Hall.

"Snape was a piece of work", Ron said as the three stood at the entrance.

"What did you expect?" Harry replied.

"Now I have to worry about Potions on top of everything else. Great", Bel said.

"Maybe you could accept Malfoy's request to be your friend and get him to do your Potions homework for you", Ron suggested.

"You're joking, right?" Bel asked in a flat tone.

"Well, yes and no. If he's willing to buy you a necklace, I think he'll do your homework for you. Besides, he's Snape's favourite student, it will help you out massively", Ron replied.

"I would rather fail Snape's class than accept one of Draco's weird friend requests", Bel said.

"Fine. Have it your way", Ron said as he turned to walk back to the Gryffindor common room.

"I don't think you should do it ... but if you ever did, get Malfoy to do my homework too", Harry said as he followed after Ron.

Bel rolled her eyes and jogged after her two friends.

"So, what's your plan for tonight?" she asked.

"I'll try and get into the restricted section using my invisibility cloak. If I don't get in first try, there's still time left until second term starts", Harry replied.

"Got it. Just make sure you don't get caught by Filch. He'll take your cloak off you and then we'll have no chance of finding out who Nicholas Flamel is", Bel said.

"I hope you do get in the first time. I can't wait to finally know who he is", Ron added.

Bel and Harry both nodded in agreement.

The two boys walked Bel back to the entrance of the Hufflepuff common room and she wished Harry good luck before entering.

If tonight went well, they would finally have achieved something.

They would have answers.

Interesting answers.

But what Bel was to soon find out was that Harry would discover something much more interesting than information on Nicholas Flamel.

======\_(._.)_/======

This chapter is chaotic neutral

Fred and George are my babies and I love them so expect them to be highly incorporated into this story as much as possible lol <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 2.7K 21
~𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 1~ 𝒀/𝒏 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓, twin sister of 𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 the "𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬" as the Wizarding World calls them. They have live...
6K 154 28
#1 [BOOK ONE] "He's so close that his heart thumps against my skin, its rhythm mirroring the crazed woodpeckering of my own heart. It is like we are...
13.5K 521 20
Ellie had dealt with a great shock, her parents have both been murdered by death eaters. Her mothers great friend Albus Dumbledore brings her to Hogw...
267 31 12
What if Harry had accepted Draco's friend request? NOT a Drarry romance But if I get enough reads I miiiight make it a Dramione, because I kinda wann...