It's not the same anymore (Du...

By Ezekiel_Del

Judith couldn't believe what had happened in just a couple of hours. All her world just shattered. The fire w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three (Final)

Chapter Fifty

300 19 3
By Ezekiel_Del

  I closed the door and leaned on it, arms behind my back. Jake is going to kill me virtually. Sighing, i walked to the kitchen where Jessy was apparently talking with Jake. Well, they weren't talking that much but for Jake it must be a lot. As far as i know, they never talked alone, outside the group chat back then at least.

"Judith !" Jessy said, once she looked up from my computer. I smiled to her and walked behind her so Jake would see me too.

"What happened ? We couldn't really hear you and him." Jake quickly asked.

"You can't scream at me. And i have to hurry too."

"Why would i scream at you ?" He asked, confused.

"It was someone from the government, like we supposed. Alan must have mention me and they want me to go there, where he is too."

"They want you to... You can't go there."

"They won't do anything to me ! Alan will be there."

"Jake is right Judith. This could be dangerous !" Jessy said, taking one of my hand in hers.

"It won't. Listen, you can connect yourself to my phone Jake, right ?" I watch him reluctantly nod his head. "You do that and i'll keep my phone on me as long as i can. If something happen, you'll know first."

"Are you sure it's a good idea Judith ? It could be a trap." Jake said,

"I have a good feeling about this. Do you trust me ?" I said, looking right in his eyes.

"I trust you Jude. Please be careful. At any time, call me. I'll come get you if i need too."

"That's it ? You're letting Judith go ? I thought you loved her !" Jessy screamed at him. I gave her a tap on her hand, shaking my head to her. She didn't have to scream at him.

"I do love her. And i trust her with all my heart. If she says she wants to go, i'll trust her and let her go. I will still be there for Judith if needed, like i said."

"I'm a big girl Jessy, i can take care of myself. I'll stay in contact all the way there. Don't worry."

"I guess, i can't do more to have you staying here..." She actually looked sad when saying this.

I patted her head. "Don't worry, i'll be fine."

"Alright..."

"I'll text you in the car. And i'll try to gather any information of what's going on with Alan and the superior." I said, looking at Jake.

He nodded his head and put his hand in his hair. He sometimes did that when he was stressed. "Okay. Keep your phone open. Even if they tell you to close it, make it seem like you do, i'll block the unlocking button so they thing it's off. But i'll still be able to hear you via the microphone of your phone."

"Are you already in ?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yes. It's much faster to do with yours because there is nothing to block the access. You can go now."

"Okay. See you after. I'll text the two of us in a minute or so." I said, looking as he nodded his head once again. I then ended the call and turned to look at Jessy that was waiting. "Jessy, you don't have to worry about a thing, everything is going to be alright." I said to her as she stood up from the chair.

"I can't help it if i'm worried about you." She said, her lip shaking a bit. I hoped she would not cry.

I sighed a bit and took her in my arm, hugging her for a second. "I promise if anything goes wrong, i'll tell Jake and he'll find a way to get me out of there."

"Okay... Be careful Judith, please."

"I'll be. See you there, i'll text you."

After one last hug, i left the apartment, taking my phone and my purse. I let my phone in the pocket of my jacket, making sure i wouldn't be covering the microphone. I walked to the black car, knocking on the window to make myself known. The door opened and i stepped inside.

"Sorry, i had to talk with my friend." I simply said, putting my seat belt.

"It's alright. Can we go now ?"

"Yeah." I sense that it will be a long ass ride until there, wherever that was.

For a few minutes i just looked at the window. It was the most silent ride i ever had. And hopefully the last one. If i can, i prefer to come back with Alan. He's more fun to annoy. And maybe i like annoying him a bit to pass the time.

Sighing, i took out my phone from my pocket and opened a group chat with Jake and Jessy. It was kind of a weird combo, but well, after what happened, it seemed fitting.

>Me
Do you ever wish you could speed the time ?

>Jake
What do you mean ?

>Jessy
???

>Me
I've never been so bored in my entire life. You should know that Jake, the guy does not talk. Like, at all.

>Jake
...

>Jake
I thought my computer wasn't working to be honest.

>Me
Jake... Honey...

>Me
But no, he's just so quiet...

>Jessy
I didn't think it would be this funny seeing you two interact.

I shook my head, smiling at my phone. Obviously Jessy would say that. I took one look at the guy who was driving. He was just looking at the road. Maybe i should talk to him.

>Me
Should i say something ? I'm bored.

>Jessy
I mean, you could. You're in his car ? But then again you don't know him so i don't know.

That didn't really help, but thanks i guess. I turn again to look at him. He didn't seem too scary anymore.

"Hey, what's your name ? You know mine but i don't know yours. Seems unfair to me." I said to him. I felt my phone vibrate and looked down a second.

>Jake
Judith... Did you really have to ask him his name ?

"My name's Adrian."

"Oh, that's nice."

>Jake
'Oh, that's nice.' is the best answer you can say when someone tells you their name.

>Jessy
You actually said that Judith ??

>Me
What did you want me to say ? It felt like i was forcing him to talk to me ! Am i boring ? Jake am i boring ?

>Jake
I assure you, you are not boring Judith. That's just how most of the workers from the government talks.

>Me
Thank you, i feel better. Wait a sec, i'll try talking about the stuff going on with Alan.

I locked my phone and focused myself on Adrian. Now that i know his name, i should use it.

"Do you know what's going on ?" I asked him.

"It appears that Alan Bloomgate came to the government with evidence that people from there were fraudsters. The clues he brought are being looked at as we speak. He mentioned you helped him. It was then decided that you should be present too."

I didn't think he would explain it to me right away. Maybe he hope that i will trust him.

"Did Alan said anything more ?"

"He did mention that he wanted to make a deal. But i do not know what as i had to leave and bring you." He said, still focused on the road. He was never looking at me. It was a bit concerning.

"I see." So he didn't mention Jake in front of them. At least not when this guy was present. "Was he meeting with your superior ? Marc Levoy was it ?"

"Yes. It is a closed meeting. Only him and chief Bloomgate are present."

"Alright." He sounded like he didn't really want to talk. Maybe i should stop speaking to him. Sighing, i took my phone another time.

>Jessy
What are they talking about ?

>Jake
Judith is talking about Alan meeting the superior of the guy that went to your apartment.

>Me
And he's boring. I can't hold a conversation with him.

>Me
By the way Jake, do you know this guy ? The superior i mean.

>Jake
He was there when i worked there.

>Jessy
You worked with the government ?!

>Me
Did i never mention that detail ? :)

>Jessy
No !

>Me
Oops-

>Me
Anyway, so Alan is meeting with Adrian's superior (that's the name of the guy Jessy) but i don't really know more than that in the end. The guy's as quiet as a tomb.

It's not fun. If i was with Alan, i could at least have a conversation with him and if i was with Jake or Jessy and the group i could spend a good time.

"How much longer until we're here ?" I asked.

"Fifty more minutes." He only replied.

>Me
Please, i won't survive the fifty more minutes with him :(

It's funny how i wasn't really scared anymore. Or maybe i was, but knowing that Jake could be free really soon, made it up for that. I hoped it would really worked and that we wouldn't have done all of this for nothing.

>Jake
I would come save you from your boredom but he doesn't seem to be attacking you. I can hear you sighing every now and then.

>Judith
Of course i'm sighing, i'm bored.

>Jessy
Poor you :(

You have no idea Jessy. You really have no idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lonely In Black By

Mystery / Thriller

1.9K 78 16
This is a Duskwood story about MC(Ever) and Jake and the events after episode 10. Can they finally have their time together? Or will other events kee...
64.8K 3.5K 64
You've been living as a ghost for what feels like decades now. You live as a shadow in a dead town waiting in this infernal limbo, trying to keep a...
772 72 9
The end of their story was close. The distance between them and the happy ending they deserved from the first, was a thick line. But everything start...
37.9K 2K 41
Love, fear, friendship, uncertainty: the four cardinal points on which MC's life revolves since she joined the attempts to find Hannah. Fascination...