It's not the same anymore (Du...

By Ezekiel_Del

Judith couldn't believe what had happened in just a couple of hours. All her world just shattered. The fire w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three (Final)

Chapter Forty Nine

288 14 5
By Ezekiel_Del

Telling Jessy and Dan about how Jake was erasing me from the government, had been easier than i thought. After some time i was even starting to think that Dan was starting to warm up to the idea of Jake being a good man. Which was a lot to say. And with some pleading, they agreed to wait a bit to talk with the other about that little detail.

Fortunately, nothing happened to me. Or to Jake, as far as i know. We were actually waiting for Alan to send any news about his meeting with the guy from the government. It had been a good hour since the meeting was supposed to happen. And we still didn't have any news from Alan. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.

"Do you think they'll believe him ?" I asked Jake. We were somehow on a video call. Jake had said that it was safe do to, but he still took the liberty to put on a face mask, just in case something would come up.

I watch him nod his head. "They should. Alan was supposed to bring pictures from the USB card i gave him. Plus the names he can give to them. It's enough proof per say. Enough for them to believe him at least."

"I see." I said, biting my bottom lip the second after. "Do you thing we have a chance ? To win over them ?"

Jake looked at me for a second. "I believe so. We have more than enough proof against them. Alan is just our legal way for them to get the files. So to speak."

"Okay. I'm a bit anxious about the outcome." I finally said, bringing my knees to my chest. I was calling him on my computer, so it was easy for me to angle the camera so he could still see me.

"I am too Jude. But all will be fine, i promise." He said, probably smiling because his eyes closed a bit. They tend to do that when he smiled.

"I believe you." I smiled too. "Oh by the way, it's not related to this and i forgot to tell you but, i decided to stay in Duskwood ! I'm looking at apartments."

"You're staying here ? What about your home back where you live ?" He asked, probably confused. I could understand why, i never talked about that.

"It doesn't matter. I have nothing that could keep me there. I can find a job here. I have no family there nor really any friends that i could call close. I'm okay with coming here. Plus, i'll be close to my real friends and most importantly, you." I said, winking my eye to him.

"You're going to fluster me, stop it." Jake said, hiding a bit behind his hand, before looking back at me. "But, you do know that you could live with me ? I mean... only if you want to ? I'm not saying you should. It's just a proposition."

He was definitely blushing.

"Would you even be okay with that ? I know you like your space too."

"I do. But i like you more, if i'm being honest." He said, scratching behind his ear.

"Well, i can't say that i found something interesting so far. So if you're okay with that, maybe we could try it for a short period and see if we like living together ?" I tilt my head.

"That seems like a good idea, yes."

"Judith !"

I looked up to my door, seeing Jessy barged in. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Jessy ? Why are you screaming ?" Well, she hadn't screamed, more like screamed whispered.

"There's someone creepy at the door !" She quickly said, walking and sitting on my bed.

"What ?" I felt a shiver run down my spine. I quickly looked to Jake in my screen. He seemed to have heard what Jessy said.

"What did he looked like ?" Jake asked me, because Jessy couldn't ear what he was saying. I had earphones on.

I simply repeat the sentence to her, waiting for her to respond.

"I don't know ! I couldn't see him well !" She said, starting to panic a bit more.

"Alright..." I took a breath and took my computer with me. "Stay here Jessy. I'm going to go look."

"Wait Jude, you don't know who it is !" I heard Jake said, while Jessy also tried to stop me by taking my wrist.

"I'll be fine. I won't open the door if that's what you're afraid of. Stay here, i'll come back Jessy." I nodded to her, walking out of my room and down the stairs.

My heart was beating faster than before. I may look confident but i was still a bit scared. Duskwood is not a big town, basically everyone knows everyone.

"Be careful Jude. Don't let him see you." Jake said. I couldn't really look at him because i wasn't orienting the screen right. But knowing that he was still here, somehow, made me a bit more safe, if i can say that.

"I know." We both knew who we suspected. We just hoped that it wouldn't be Jake's pursuers.

I gulped and walked to the door, putting my computer on the small table in the entrance. That way Jake could see me going to the door. I lightly pressed against the small circle that was covering the peephole, pushing it to the side.

Once i did that, i could see a guy. He was tall, probably the same height as Dan. He was wearing a bomber jacket with some sort of logo on it but i couldn't see it well. And his head was covered by a hat. Most importantly, he didn't seem to want to leave. Suddenly, he knocked on the door, startling me. I took a step back and took my computer again.

"What did he looked like Jude ?" Jake asked again.

"I... didn't see much." I whispered. "He's tall, his head is covered my a hat and he's wearing a bomber with a logo on it ? I don't know i can't really see the details. I think it's some kind of bi..rd..." Damn.

"Judith." I looked back at him. We both understood who it was.

"I know. I can't see for sure, but it could be an eagle. That's the German's logo for the government." I said, still whispering. I was in the kitchen, if i talked more, he could possibly hear me.

"Yes." He sounded scared. Or anxious. Maybe both. I was too.

"Should i open the door ?"

"No !"

I turn to look at Jessy who had come downstairs. She was holding my pillow to her chest. And looked terrified. I couldn't blame her.

"He won't leave and he will come back if i don't do something." I said, looking at Jessy and then at Jake. He wasn't talking anymore.

"You could try and contact Alan." Jake finally said.

I shook my head. "He's not responding our texts, he won't accept my call. They probably took his phone or i don't know." I said, disconnecting my earphones so Jessy would hear Jake too. "I'll go open the door. If something goes wrong i'll slam the door in no time."

"You can't do that Judith ! What if they trapped you ?" Jessy said, walking to the front of my computer, Jake could probably see her now.

"I'll be okay. They don't have anything against me. And i'm friend with a cop. I'll be fine." I hope.

"Jude. Please be careful. At any time, close the door and lock it. If something happen... I'll come get you and Jessy." Jake said, starting to type on his computer again.

"You can't come here." I said to him. "Not until i have the final word with what's going on here."

I had only finished my sentence that a knock was heard once again. With one last glance at Jake and Jessy, i breathed and walked slowly to the door.

Looking at the peephole again, i could still see the same guy as before. I took a breath and turned the key to unlock the door. I opened it a few centimeters, not more.

"What do you want ?" I asked, my voice shaking a bit. "Why are you here ?"

"Miss Judith Anna Tolis ?" He said and his voice was much deeper than i thought it would be.

I wasn't surprised that he knew my full name. "Yeah. I asked you a question, what do you want ?" I said, opening a bit more the door.

"Would it be possible for you to open the door further and step outside ?"

"Maybe it would be possible if i knew why you're here."

"I am here on the behalf of my superior, Marc Levoy. It was reported to us that you had a few information on a matter happening inside a ring of traitors in the government department."

What ?

"Who sent you ? Who gave you my name ?" I asked, opening again a bit more the door.

"Alan Bloomgate, police chief or the Duskwood's station came two hours and a half ago, explaining how a group of fraudsters had been running some illegals matter under our eyes."

"And what makes you think i know more ?" I said, leaning on the door frame. I didn't know more. I didn't even know the specifics of the videos and pictures.

"You don't." What ? Why is he here then ? "Chief Bloomgate told us that you wanted to make a deal with us. The matter is being taken care and i was tasked to bring you there."

What ?

"Me ?"

"Yes, you, Miss Tolis. I suppose you will be coming alone ?"

I nod my head. If i was going, i won't be going there with Jake. Not until i have the assurance that they won't try anything with him.

"I'll come. Let me grab a few things and talk to my roommate." And Jake by the same chance.

He nodded and turned around to go inside a car that i hadn't seen until now. There was no one else inside the car. I looked at him until he got inside and tuned around to go in the apartment.

What the fuck had happened ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lonely In Black By

Mystery / Thriller

1.9K 78 16
This is a Duskwood story about MC(Ever) and Jake and the events after episode 10. Can they finally have their time together? Or will other events kee...
170 40 21
Dan is struggling at University, unhappy and unsure. That is, until he gets a strange assignment from a caring teacher, and ends up meeting someone w...
4.9K 172 15
Cover drawn by me. DO NOT STEAL, TRACE, AND/OR USE FOR REFERENCE!! Takes place after episode 9. Note that this was written BEFORE episode 10 part 1...
187K 12.7K 44
Forsaking God to kiss someone you hate might not be a smart decision, but damn does it hurt good. ✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.* Judith was never su...