It's not the same anymore (Du...

By Ezekiel_Del

Judith couldn't believe what had happened in just a couple of hours. All her world just shattered. The fire w... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three (Final)

Chapter Eight

407 14 0
By Ezekiel_Del

The bouquet i had ordered was bigger than i expected to be honest. So i sure hope that Hannah likes flowers. And they had time to take some fresh air as i stayed more than i thought in a small park that i found a little farther from the florist.

I was on my way back when my phone rang. I furrowed my eyebrows, because i didn't expected any calls, and balanced the flowers in one arms while taking my phone in the other. When i saw that it was Jessy, i was relieved. No more threatening calls.

I threw my hair on one side, accepting the call. "Yes, Jessy ?"

"Are you still outside ? Lilly wanted to see you. As well as Thomas." As much as i expected Lilly to see me, i never thought i would see Thomas before the other. Sure i was part of why Hannah was free, but still.

"I'm on my way back actually. Sorry if i kept you waiting. I had to clear my mind a little bit." Which was true. I spend nearly an hour in the park, thinking about Jake, Richy, Hannah and what would happen next, now that i technically solved the case.

"It's alright Judith. It's not been a long time since we came home. What about we wait for you with a glass of wine ?"

I chuckled a bit, because i knew that wine was the to-go drink to Jessy. "Sure. Just not a big glass please. See you there."

I hung up and continued to walk, flowers in hands. Maybe Lilly could bring the flowers before then i thought. As her sister, she probably had more time with Hannah. After all, for all i know, Hannah isn't being kept as a criminal.

Five minutes later or so, i was in front of Jessy's apartment, my bike still in front of it. Opening the door, i was greeted by Lilly and Jessy sitting at the table, a glass of wine each. A third glass was on an empty spot, left for me i'm guessing.

"Hey Jessy, do you have a vase or something ?"

"You bought flowers ?" She asked, standing up to retrieve a vase from a cupboard. She put a bit of water in it before leaving it on the kitchen counter.

"It's actually for Hannah. You can bring them with you Lilly if you want. But i don't know if you were planing to go see her again today ?" I looked at her, finishing with the flowers.

"She'll love them. I was actually going to go again with my parents later this afternoon." She said while smiling. "I'll bring them with me, thank you."

"It's alright, it's the least i can do, really."

I sat on the open chair, taking the wine glass between my fingers. For some times i just listen to the two girls chat as they told me some things about their visit to Hannah. How she was still in shook after what happened but happy that she could see them again. And that she was feeling sorry for not telling that she hadn't been feeling good before all the event.

"Also, we talk about you, i hope it doesn't bother you Judith ?"

Swallowing a sip of wine, i shook my head. "Not at all. After all, she will learn that i had something to do with the fact that we found her. The police will probably ask her questions when she's well enough." I tried to smile, but couldn't bring myself to do so more than a few seconds. "Was she okay besides that ?"

"As good as possible. She lost a bit of weight but that can be easily reversed the doctor said. She will need to stay at the hospital for some time."

"As expected. How did it go with Thomas ? Wasn't he supposed to be here actually ?" That's true, Jessy told me that he wanted to meet me too. So why isn't he here ?

"He should be coming any minutes now. We let him have a few minutes with Hannah so they could talk alone and try to clear everything that happened before all of... that."

I nodded to Jessy, sipping lightly on the wine. It makes sense. Even if Hannah had talk with Thomas on the phone just before her disappearance, a lot of things were left unsaid.

They talked a bit more about Hannah and how she was doing, before a knock was heard at the door. Jessy stood up and look at the peephole to make sure it was really Thomas. She opened the door and instructed him to come inside. I welcomed him as he took the last chair around the table.

"Wine Thomas ?" Jessy asked, pointing at her bottle.

"No thank you."

She nodded before putting more wine into her own glass. Well, everything seemed tensed now. Great. I gulped down the rest of my wine glass in one go before putting the glass on the table. It hadn't been that much anyway, just two sips.

"How did it go with Hannah ?" I asked him, because the sooner i asked, i would be done with the tension, which i didn't even knew why it was there.

"As good as possible. We talked things out."

"So, everything is cleared then ?"

"Yeah, i guess so."

"So why are you so tense ?" I asked. I could practically smell his tension. I don't know if it was the same for the girls because they seemed shocked at what i was asking. "I'm good at reading people." I simply said.

Thomas stayed quiet for a bit before answering. "She asked me about Richy."

Fuck.

"What did you say ?"

"I didn't have time to say anything. The doctors wanted to do more tests."

"As much as i hate to say that, she will learn about what happened. It's just a matter of time now..."

"Judith is right. But who will break the news ? I... I don't know if i can do it." Jessy stuttered. And it wasn't because of the alcohol.

"Well..." It's now or never. "We probably won't have too. The police has begun the search party two to three hours ago. If they find something... And they know the identities, they will ask Hannah if she knows them. She will know then."

No on was talking anymore. And i could see that Lilly knew i wasn't talking just about Richy. If Jake had been in the fire too, they would find him as well.

"Or... I supposed i could tell her." I didn't want to. Really. But i knew they were hurting more than me for Richy. I loved my friendship with him, but i didn't knew him like they knew him. Jessy and Richy were basically childhood friends.

"No, we couldn't ask you to do that. It's not your fault. What happened." Lilly said, twirling the rest of her wine.

"But it is. Kind of. If i never insisted that you all go into that hut, then Dan wouldn't have shoot on Richy. And Richy would have been able to go along with his plan. He would have still be alive."

"It's my fault too then." Lilly said, right after i was done talking. I looked at her. And i remembered. The gun.

"It was really yours ?" I simply ask. And she nodded. Before starting to cry.

"I don't know why i brought it ! I... I was just scared !"

I stood up as she started to hide her face in her hands. Thomas and Jessy were silent. They probably understood what happened. And technically, they both already kind of knew. I had told Jessy that i thought it was Lilly who had brought the gun. Plus, Thomas and Dan had discussed the same things. Thomas was so sure it had been Lilly and Hannah's father's gun.

"You didn't know. You had every right to be scared Lilly. It's not your fault." I said, hugging her like i could while i was standing up and she was still sitting on the chair.

"Than it wasn't yours either. For all of it." Jessy insisted.

"Maybe." I smiled sadly, my heart hurting me as i thought about Jake once again.

But i couldn't help but feel like i lost a piece of myself. I felt like i would never be happy again.

After a bit more, Lilly and Thomas left Jessy's apartment. The rest of the day was fairly quiet. We ate and spend the afternoon watching TV. Then we ate again. It was kind of like we were on automatic.

And it had been like that the day after too. I then chose to go home the next one. Jessy wanted to go with me, but i wasn't sure if it would be a good idea. I mean, i could take her with me on my bike, but we would have to borrow a second helmet at least. Second problem was that i didn't bring my full equipment and Jessy didn't have one, so it could be dangerous if i were to lose control. Which i probably wouldn't, but well.

So, yes, i would be going alone in train. And coming back with my car. Because i wouldn't be able to put much with me on a motorcycle. I would need clothes obviously, my computer and other belongings. So yeah, not risking it.

We still hadn't really heard from the police but we knew that they were still searching. The mines were massive, and dangerous, even more now that they burnt. Alan hadn't contact me more than that.

And i had no answer from Jake, who was still offline. I was loosing hope as hours passed. When he had to go into hiding, i knew why he wasn't responding. But now ? I had no idea.

I should sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 12.8K 44
Forsaking God to kiss someone you hate might not be a smart decision, but damn does it hurt good. ✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.* Judith was never su...
618 31 10
HEAVY SPOILERS FOR DUSKWOOD - Please play the game before reading this if you don't want to spoil yourself. (Set after Episode 10. This will not foll...
103 14 2
A collection of dark, angsty, and bittersweet one-shots. ~*~ Jake neatly ordered and arranged everything, thinking of his brain like a filing cabine...
215 2 15
With his memories restored and the children of the world safe once again, Jack finally has time to ponder about his life. What happened to his family...