⎣Demon Slayer: Yōkai Wife⎤ [雪...

By LadyRaspberry93

Title: Snow Flower Summary: Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira, arrives in a rural, snowy mountain village wi... More

1: Leaving Home
2: Kazahana Village
3: Snow Flower
4: The First Test
5: In Search
6: Achievement Hashira
7: Flame & Snow
8: Over A Meal
9: The Ice
10: The Fire
11: Love At Last
12: The Second Test
13: Hot & Bothered
14: Awkward Situations
15: Hot Spring Shenanigans ♨
16: The Final Approach
17: One Last Confession
18: Winter Run
19: The Pied Piper
20: Raging Flames
21: Savior
22: The Final Test
23: Blood in The Snow
24: End of The Trials
25: Welcome Home
26: The Rengoku Family
27: A Wife's Duty
28: Under the Moon
29: Just for Tonight [Lemon]
30: Meeting the Hashira
31: The Man with the Kind Smile
32: A Wisteria Tale
33: A Gift
34: Rengoku vs. Kanroji
35: The Discussion
36: The Decision
37: Within the Autumn Dojo
38: A Great Teacher
39: The Next Step [Lemon]
40: Unbreakable Snowflake
41: The Yuki-onna's Final Selection
42: Waiting
43: Seven Nights
44: A Joyful Surprise
45: The Date
46: Another Proposal
47: First Mission
48: Flyday Chinatown
49: The Whistleblower
50: Flowers of Blood
51: Road to the Dark Shrine
52: Enter the Daoist Priest
53: Lovely Jiāngshī
54: The Jiāngshī Kyōjurō
55: One Step Closer
56: On Deadly Ground
57: The Upcoming Ceremony
58: ❁Wedding Day❁ [Preparation]
59: ❁Wedding Day❁ [The Gathering]
61: ❁Wedding Day❁ [The Reception]
62: Honeymoon Night
63: Heat [Lemon]
64: Steam [Lemon]
65: One Thousand Wishes
66: A Double Date(?)
67: Lovely Fireworks
68: Imagining Home
69: Settling In
70: Appleseed
71: A Checkup & Special Announcement
72: Sweetheart
73: A Bun in the Oven
74: Kyōjurō's Joy
75: Sunflower
76: Kankagari Baby [Lemon]
77: Delivery Day
78: His Name
79: Little Sunshine
80: Inviting Them
81: New Additions
82: Satsumaimo!
83: Ride on Shooting Star
84: Mugen & Beyond [Lemon]
85: Issun-Bōshi
86: Until the Sun Rises
87: Last Words
88: Delirium
89: Rengoku
90: Cannot Go on Without You
91: Obachan❀
92: The Soul Hashira
93: A Sorrowful Farewell
94: Mother & Son
95: Live Again, Rengoku!

60: ❁Wedding Day❁ [The Ceremony]

6.1K 313 72
By LadyRaspberry93

Upon arriving at Shihotori Temple, (Name) and Kyōjurō walked alongside another as they both were led by the shrine priestesses and the priest inside and to where their ceremony will be held.

Following behind the soon-to-be married couple was another priestess who held a large red umbrella above the couple's heads. Trailing behind her was Otsune, followed by Kagaya and his family, and then Senjurō (best man) and Mitsuri (maid of honor), and last, the rest of their close friends.

As they'd entered the shrine, everyone took their seats, whilst the couple were led to the altar by the shrine maiden. At that moment, Kyōjurō wanted nothing more than to hold his lover's hand, in order to help ease the anxiety coursing through his entire being.

Glancing around, Kyōjurō smiled seeing all his friends, whom he considered family, and his little brother looking on. Kyōjurō's brows furrowed slightly, seeing the empty seat next to Senjurō. Unfortunately, his father, Shinjurō-sama could not be here for his wedding, that Kyōjurō couldn't help but frown sadly.

He knew his father hated weddings since it reminded the Rengoku patriarch of...better times when his mother was alive.

As if sensing his uneasiness, Kyōjurō felt you place your soft hand onto his. The action causing him to glance at you as you gave him a loving and reassuring smile. He smiles back, intertwining his fingers with yours as you both sat in seiza style, before facing the altar as the priest began to instruct the two of you through the ceremony.

Soon, the priest begins to read a ritual prayer to the Gods to bless your coupling.

"Bless Kami-sama on this great day, as we come together on this fateful day to ask for his blessing and protection upon this couple. From today onward, they declare their eternal love for each other through sickness and health, and declare their eternal happiness!"

Everyone then stood and bowed before taking their seats again.

It was then time for the purification ritual; the "san-san-kudo" ceremony, which involves sharing and exchanging three different sized cups of sake. The first being small, the second is medium, and the third is large.

Kyōjurō was given the first cup (sakazuiki) of sake as he brought it up to his lips and took a sip, before passing it to you. Lifting the sake, you did the same─bringing it to your lips, eyes closing as liquid hits your tongue.

The first cup was rich and savory, the second cup, warm and sweet, and the third cup was cold and refreshing. Each one made your head swim like alcohol should.

Once finished, a traditional dance was performed by the shrine maidens, as the sound of bells ringing and flute played. During this dance, you'd turned and glance at your lover. Warm red and golden eyes stared back at you, burning with things you cannot fathom as Kyōjurō smiles and takes your hand in his own─a silent promise to never let you go.

Tears like flowers petals fall from your face to land in your lap. Each one clear and pristine as your heart yearns for him, a tell-tale sign of how so in love you are.

Once the dance was finally done, Kyōjurō and you were both asked to come upon the altar. There, a stroll was laid out─revealing it to be the wedding vow. The priest then instructs Kyōjurō to repeat the words he says.

"This woman, I marry. No matter what the life situation is? I vow to love this person, respect this person, console this person, and help this person, until death. Protecting fidelity, I swear to Kami!"

Once Kyōjurō finished, it was your turn.

"This man, I marry. No matter what the life situation is? I vow love this person, respect this person, console this person, and help this person, until death. Protecting fidelity, I swear to Kami."

After that, the priest then gestured for you and Kyōjurō to face another.

"Do you, Rengoku Kyōjurō, take this woman as your wife and become her faithful husband? Will you, in peaceful times and in sickness, promise to love, respect, comfort, and help her, until death? Do you promise to fulfil by the grace of Kami?" The priest asks.

Unblinking and looking into your eyes, Kyōjurō replied with, "I do!"

"Do you, (Last Name) (First Name), take this man as your husband and become his faithful wife? Will you, in peaceful times and in sickness, promise to love, respect, comfort, and help him, until death? Do you promise to fulfil by the grace of Kami?"

Your throat tightened, the urge to cry was unbearable but you manage to swallow it down.

"I..I do." Your say, voice breaking slightly.

Kyōjurō smiles and, from what you could tell, he also was teary eyed.

The priest soon offered a tamagushi to you both to thank the Gods that have blessed your union. Once your offerings were presented to the deity, you and Kyōjurō bowed and clapped twice, before bowing one final time.

Next, it'd finally came to what you and Kyōjurō anticipated the most; the exchange of rings as Senjurō nervously came up, holding a small red pillow that held your wedding rings.

Kyōjurō's ring silver and yours gold.

After the rings were offered to you, the priest allowed you two the privilege to say your own vows in your own words to another. Kyōjurō was the first to make a move, via taking your hand and slowly sliding the ring onto your ring-finger.

"I pledge to honor you, my wife. I promise to love and cherish you today, and every day. You are my dream come true, and I am proud to be your husband, and to join my life with yours. I vow to support you, inspire you, and love you for as long as we both shall live, I will be by your side─for better or worse, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer. You are my one and only today and always. I choose you to be my loving wife and promise to cherish you every night we sleep, and every day we wake. I will love you in word and deed. I will laugh with you, cry with you, and grow with you until death do us part. How lucky am I to call you mine? Never would you ever be alone for I give you my love. I give you myself, the good, the bad, and the yet to come. You are my eternal flame! I love you, (Name) (Last Name)!" He says.

His vow made so many emotions explode from within your heart, which poured out in tears of overwhelming joy as it was your turn to put your ring on his finger. With shaky hands, you slide the ring onto his, before saying your vow.

"I'm madly in love with you, my husband. Not only do I promise that my love for you will grow with each day, but I promise to be your best friend and faithful wife every step of the way. I will be there with you, day or night, in richer or poorer, and in sickness and health. You are the most loving, clever, and kindest man I've ever known. I invite you to share my life. I trust, appreciate, cherish, and respect you. You, my love, are my everything and I'm proud to call you my husband. I love you, Kyōjurō Rengoku!" You say.

Once the ring was put on him, Kyōjurō felt the same burst of emotions gush forth. Even he, the usually calm and enthusiastic Flame Pillar, was just as emotional as you.

With that, the marriage ceremony was complete as everyone clapped and cheered as you and Kyōjurō quickly embraced another, both crying in joy for your newfound bond together.

"Kiss the bride! Kiss the bride!" Uzui and Mitsuri singed in unison causing you both to blush.

Kyōjurō was the first one to initiate the kiss as he gently cupped your face and eagerly pressed his lips against yours, in which you gladly accepted, kissing each other passionately.

"WASSHOI!" Everyone cheered happily, as small grains of rice were tossed in the air.

Finally, you and Kyōjurō were officially husband and wife!

--

A/n: Yay, we finally became Mrs. Rengoku! Sorry it took so long, I wanted to put a little research into this and I happy it turned out great. Anyways, one chapter to go and it's honeymoon time.😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 965 55
(Book 1 of 4) "Stay." Kyojuro pulled her close again, overwhelmed with emotion as he held her tight against himself. "Please, just for a while longer...
2.4K 78 11
Kyojuro Rengoku X Reader After going on a mission together, Rengoku accidentally leaves a mark on your neck. The mark is a curse and you have one ye...
94.4K 2.9K 51
Kyojuro Rengoku, the flame hashira, and Tengen Uzui, the flamboyant and speedy sound hashira. Nothing more than good friends at first, an incident ab...
16.8K 579 19
The first snow is often interpreted as romantic. The first snow symbolises a long and lasting relationship. But not for some. For some, the first sno...