Athena x Nike

By Athena_9909

Ever wondered what it would be like if the ancient Greek wisdom goddess would fall in love with the ancient G... More

#1 * Bright And Early
#2 * The Loyal Guard
#3 * Through Hell And Back
#4 * The Escort
#5 * Dark Dreams
#6 * On Time Is Late
#7 * That One Bloody Party
#7 * That One Bloody Party (part 2)
#8 * Love Like A Battlefield
#9 * Lazy Mornings
#10 * Belated Victory
#11 * You Always Have A Choice
#12 * Still Waters Run Deep
#13 * "I Am Never Shy"
#14 * How It All Began
#15 * Out And Proud
#16 * Checkmate
#17 * Until I Found You
#18 * Falling Slowly
#19 * Dinner Date
#20 * That Kind Of Special
#21 * The Skatergirl
#22 * Fate Is Cruel
#23 * Jared
#24 * The Skatergirl (Part 2)
#25 * Under The Light Of The Moon
#26 * The Floor Is Lava
Just A Thought
#27 * End Game
#28 * Rain
#29 * The Guitarist
#30 - First Comes Love Than Comes Marriage (1K Special)
#31 * Gatedrop
#32 * The Sting Of War
#33 * Golden Appels Are A Curse
#34 * Winter Bets
Just Another Thought
#35 * Tough Love
#36 * Like Old Times
#37 * Losing Game
#38 * Duty Calls
#39 * Challenge Accepted
#40 * CHB (part 1)
#40 * CHB (part 2)
#41 * Story Time
#42 * Night Out?
#43 * Celebrations
#44 * Matching Onesies
#45 * Because Of You...
#46 * Fallen Angel
#47 * Whose Side Are You On?
#48 * Sunny Dreams
#49 * Matching Tattoos
#50 * Visit The Past
#51 * Crimson Vow
#52 * That Day By The Lake
#53 * 'I Promise'
#54 * Lost Without You
#55 * That One Night..
#56 * Down By The River
Not A Chapter * Life Update?
#57 * Subtle Magic
#58 * No Surrender
#59 * Beyond Her Eyes
#60 * Watching From Afar
#61 * In The Dead Of Night
#62 * The Virus
#63 * Pets
#64 * Victory
#65 * Pets (part 2)
#66 * Mental Prison
#66 * Mental Prison (Part 2)
#67 * Siblings
#68 * Heda
#69 * Lilac Sheets Of Satin
#70 * Like Mother Like Daughter
#71 * Siblings (part 2)
72 * Brighter Than Gold
#73 * Soldier On
#74 * Young Gods
#75 * Bribe The Pet
77 * Meet the mother
#78 * Rough Day
#79 * Not Prepared
#80 * Savior
#81 * Not prepared (Part 2)
#82 * Poetry
#83 * Calculated victory
#84 * Shattered mind
#85 * Young Winner
#86 * Rightful heir
#87 * Don't think just run
#88 * Don't Tell the kids (part 1)
#89 * Don't tell the kids (part 2)
#90 * Little sister
#91 * Little sister (part 2)
#92 * Better late than never
#93 * I bet
#94 * Man down
#95 * Drunken night
#96 * Victory in the palm of my hand

#76 * Owlsitter

247 14 3
By Athena_9909

Idea by FireAlphaWolf, written by me

------------------------------

Nike's POV:

I got an Iris message. 

'Why would that be weird Nike?'

Well because it's from Athena and she normally likes to keep things face to face. This either means it's urgent or that she's messing  with me. The latter is usually not the case, although it has happened before.

A bunch of emotions rushed through my body at the same time. Affection, confusion, worry, excitement,...

When it connected my girlfriend appeared. She seemed in a hurry, she was wearing her armour and had a worried look on her face. 

"Urgent call of duty?" I asked, trying to keep the mood light.

"Afraid so yes." She said, but never once looking at me. 

She was searching for something behind the mist.

"Is there anything you need?" I asked, curious for why she was calling me like this.

"Yes actually, can you watch my owls while I'm away?"

"Can I what?"

I loved my girlfriend, I really did, but me and owls? It's just not a good match. I mean sure they're pretty incredible, but they also feel arrogant. Especially Athena's favorite, Dexton. He knows he's her favorite and he will stop at nothing to flaunt it. Definitely more so towards me. 

"Look, I know this isn't your thing and I promise I wouldn't be asking this if it wasn't incredibly important to me. They just cannot be left alone right now and I really, really have to go." Athena explained.

Gods I hated it when she did this. I'd understand and I'll do it anyway, even if it meant I was walking into my personal hell. I tell you, taking care of three owls is a pain in the butt.

"But they really don't like me." I whined.

"Especially Dexton."

"Nonsense. They just like teasing you that's all." 

Athena seemed to have found what she was searching for, seeing as she finally looked at me.

"Besides, there is no one else I trust enough that I can ask in such short notice. They're either going with me or aren't available."

"What makes you think I'm free to babysit those feathered bullies?" I asked.

"Nike." My girlfriend raised a brow and sighed.

"Don't call them that. Besides, what were you doing? Watching a match of whatever sport that currently holds your interest, deciding who will win?" 

"Just because I'm not an Olympian doesn't mean my job is not important." I stated, slightly hurt by her comment.

"I never said that darling. I'm just saying, you can do that here too. It's just for the afternoon, I promise I'll think of something by this evening." Athena said, giving me a gentle smile.

"Fine. But you owe me once you get back." I grumbled.

"Not a problem." She winked.

"I'll see you soon angel. I love you." 

"I love you too." I muttered with slight reluctance. 

Athena shook her head with a smile and waved her hand through the mist, disrupting the call.

I sighed. That's what happens when your girlfriend is an Olympian. Your needs come second. Usually Athena tried to balance it out a bit, but today she seemed too busy to put in the effort.

Well, better get over there then. I flashed myself to the front of Athena's mansion. I had my hand on the doorknob, but I hesitated. Three owls... This was going to be a long day...

I opened the door and walked though the hallway to go find the feathered creatures. When Athena's around they're usually free to roam the place, but when she's not they have a seperate room, just for them.

When I tell you those owls are her babies I'm not even joking.

"Athena?" I called out, hoping I'd still catch her before she left.

No response.

Soon enough I reached the room where the owls stayed. Their names were written on the door in a curly and italic writing.

Dexton

Astro

Tico

I opened the door and closed it behind me again, not wanting to let them out of the room.

Dexton, a barn owl, was immediately following me with his gaze.

Astro, the hawk owl, was sound asleep on his post.

And Tico, a northern saw-whet owl sat by the window, gazing outside. The little guy was probably wondering why his mistress left without him.

"Me too Tico." I muttered.

I walked up to him. Out of all them he was probably my own favorite. Even though he was still quite young he was calmer than the other two. Although when Dexton and Astro started something little Tico had no problem joining in.

I petted him a bit and he nibbled my finger gently. Such a cutie.

Suddenly I heard a hoot behind me. I glanced at Dexton and Astro. Dexton is ignoring me on purpose and Astro is still asleep.

"Dexton are you kidding me?" I asked.

The barn owl just gave me a blank stare. As if to say 'What do you want from me woman?'.

Another hoot. But it wasn't Dexton. I look in the direction of the door and right there above it on a small platform, sits another hawk owl I've never seen before.

For a second I feel the eye contact with the animal. It sends shivers down my spine.

"Where did you come from buddy?" I asked the winged animal.

It just hooted in response. A moment later it soared down on its majestic wings, casually landing on my shoulder.

"Hello to you too." I said, slightly leaning my head away from it.

The owl tried to nibble my ear.

"Can you not please?" I asked, trying to push it away.

I ignored my question anf kept trying.

"I told you no." I stated firmly.

The owl stopped trying. It stared at me with it's big eyes. Eyes that were... Grey...

Wait a minute...

Owl I've never seen before. No name on the door. Athena being vague. An owl with grey eyes.

"Funny aren't you?" I asked the owl on my shoulder.

A golden gleam passed over it's eyes. The owl flew off of my shoulder to the middle of the room, only to transform into my girlfriend.

"So that's why Dexton has not attacked me once. Solely because you are here." I said, unamused.

"Mhm, I doubt that's true." Athena said, walking up to me with a slug smile.

"Why did you do this? Why did you trick me into this?" I questioned.

"I needed a way to get you here." She responded, taking a hold of my hands.

"You could've asked." I pointed out.

"Now where is the fun in that?" Athena grinned.

"I hate you." I muttered.

"That so?" She asked.

"Cause I could swear you were having a moment with Tico over here."

At the sound of his name Tico flew into his mistress' shoulder, stealing her attention all for himself. He nibbled on her finger as she petted him with her other hand.

"I thought so too." I grumbled at the little, winged attention seeker.

I saw Athena roll her eyes. She shifter her focus from Tico back to me. She pulled me up from the windowsill.

"Surely it wasn't all that bad. But, I promise I will make it up to you." My girlfriend whispered, pulling me closer.

"You better. But not here. Anywhere but here." I told her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 1.4K 20
A few notes before we get started. -I am no longer taking requests. This is a completed work. -I will do thinks like Demigod x Child!Reader (THESE...
8.8K 365 16
Ellaria Of Troy: a cursed woman and the High General of the Armies of Olympus. The demigoddess who fell from the sky in Prythian, into the arms of...
787K 10K 33
Hey, it's Percy again. I know what you're thinking: 'not another prophecy!' but luckily for you, this isn't about another quest. It's about mortals...
2.9K 168 15
Life was dull, boring, and mechanical. I’ve always wondered if this would change. If something interesting will happen. I always hoped something inte...