Athena x Nike

By Athena_9909

Ever wondered what it would be like if the ancient Greek wisdom goddess would fall in love with the ancient G... More

#1 * Bright And Early
#2 * The Loyal Guard
#3 * Through Hell And Back
#4 * The Escort
#5 * Dark Dreams
#6 * On Time Is Late
#7 * That One Bloody Party
#7 * That One Bloody Party (part 2)
#8 * Love Like A Battlefield
#9 * Lazy Mornings
#10 * Belated Victory
#11 * You Always Have A Choice
#12 * Still Waters Run Deep
#13 * "I Am Never Shy"
#14 * How It All Began
#15 * Out And Proud
#16 * Checkmate
#17 * Until I Found You
#18 * Falling Slowly
#19 * Dinner Date
#20 * That Kind Of Special
#21 * The Skatergirl
#22 * Fate Is Cruel
#23 * Jared
#24 * The Skatergirl (Part 2)
#25 * Under The Light Of The Moon
#26 * The Floor Is Lava
Just A Thought
#27 * End Game
#28 * Rain
#29 * The Guitarist
#30 - First Comes Love Than Comes Marriage (1K Special)
#31 * Gatedrop
#32 * The Sting Of War
#33 * Golden Appels Are A Curse
#34 * Winter Bets
Just Another Thought
#35 * Tough Love
#36 * Like Old Times
#37 * Losing Game
#38 * Duty Calls
#39 * Challenge Accepted
#40 * CHB (part 1)
#40 * CHB (part 2)
#41 * Story Time
#42 * Night Out?
#43 * Celebrations
#44 * Matching Onesies
#45 * Because Of You...
#46 * Fallen Angel
#47 * Whose Side Are You On?
#48 * Sunny Dreams
#49 * Matching Tattoos
#50 * Visit The Past
#51 * Crimson Vow
#52 * That Day By The Lake
#53 * 'I Promise'
#54 * Lost Without You
#55 * That One Night..
#56 * Down By The River
Not A Chapter * Life Update?
#57 * Subtle Magic
#58 * No Surrender
#59 * Beyond Her Eyes
#60 * Watching From Afar
#61 * In The Dead Of Night
#62 * The Virus
#63 * Pets
#64 * Victory
#65 * Pets (part 2)
#66 * Mental Prison
#66 * Mental Prison (Part 2)
#67 * Siblings
#68 * Heda
#69 * Lilac Sheets Of Satin
#70 * Like Mother Like Daughter
#71 * Siblings (part 2)
72 * Brighter Than Gold
#73 * Soldier On
#74 * Young Gods
#76 * Owlsitter
77 * Meet the mother
#78 * Rough Day
#79 * Not Prepared
#80 * Savior
#81 * Not prepared (Part 2)
#82 * Poetry
#83 * Calculated victory
#84 * Shattered mind
#85 * Young Winner
#86 * Rightful heir
#87 * Don't think just run
#88 * Don't Tell the kids (part 1)
#89 * Don't tell the kids (part 2)
#90 * Little sister
#91 * Little sister (part 2)
#92 * Better late than never
#93 * I bet
#94 * Man down
#95 * Drunken night
#96 * Victory in the palm of my hand

#75 * Bribe The Pet

210 14 2
By Athena_9909

Concept idea by FireAlphaWolf, written by me

------------------------------

Nike was strolling through the halls of Olympus. She was in a cheery mood and was practically skipping as she made her way to Athena's wing of the huge temple.

The angel had just done her daily tasks as charioteer and figured it would be nice to surprise her girfriend with a visit. She smiled at the thought alone. She could imagine Athena's surpise at seeing her finished this early.

Usually her girlfriend was the one dragging her out of the anemoi's stables. Could you blame Nike for lingering though? They we're such interesting creatures. Gods, yet at the same time, horses created out of wind.

The daughter of Styx had no trouble imagining herself up in her chariot again, high in the sky, the wind ruffleling her hair and the feathers of her snow white wings.

A moment later the angel reached the doorway to Athena's personal library and rested her hand on the doorknob. She took a breath to calm her overflowing excitement and opened the door.

To Nike's surprise the wisdom goddess wasn't there. Books with book marks and notepads next to them still layed open on her desk, but the daughter of Zeus was nowhere to be found. Even her cup of nectar was left behind.

'Weird.' Nike thought, as she frowned.

As she contemplated on where her girlfriend would be, the angel walked over to her desk. Perhaps the books Athena had been reading would shine a light on her current location.

The books were a mess to say the least. Some were poetry, some were on battles long past and others contained some of the wisdom goddess' memories.

Nike picked up the book with memories. It seemed like a movie was playing across the pages, all from Athena's point of view. Each page seemed to be a day and one book seemed to be a year.

Athena had told her once she made a back-up of all her memories, because even the memory of gods was flawed and she would rather not forget anything.

Her personal library was where she stored all of them. She never said she kept them in books, but then again the victory goddess should've probably guessed it would've become books.

As she flipped through the book Nike noticed this was a book from millenia ago. One of the pages played the memory of them meeting each other for the first time. 

The daughter of Styx smiled at the memory. She saw past Athena walk up to the massive wooden doors of the throne room and push them open with an angry grunt. Then she stopped, standing face to face with Nike.

'Out of my way.' She could remember Athena's voice rage.

'Anything I can help with?' Past Nike questioned, seemingly unfazed.

'Unless you can hand me a victory on a golden platter, not really.' Past Athena scoffed in return.

The victory goddess' only response was a wicked grin.

Satisfied the daughter of Styx closed the book. No need to intrude into her girlfriend's memories any more than she already had. 

But that did clear some things up. She couldn't find the connections between any of these books, but it looked intricate and deep, meaning Athena probably lost track of what she was doing. 

That lead Nike to assume the wisdom goddess needed a break from the letters and the thoughts. If the angel had been busy she would've chosen for the next best distraction, better known as her feathered friends.

The daughter of Styx sighed. She didn't mind owls, but she wasn't all that fond of them either. They always seemed to stare at her, as if they were saying 'Why do you have wings? You're not a bird'.

She ignored the shiver that went down her back at the thought. For Athena, always for Athena.

The angel placed the book back onto the desk and left the library. She decided to go outside, to the patio where she knew the wisdom goddess kept her owls.

Soon enough she reached the patio where she found her girlfriend sitting on a marble bench with her barn owl resting on her forearm. 

Owls might not be Nike's favorite animals, but she couldn't deny that Athena and Dexton looked simply adorable.

The barn owl was nibbling on the wisdom goddess' finger affectionally while simultaniously enjoying the warmth of the sun. Athena's reserved chuckle rung through the patio, making the angel's heart skip beats.

Nike cleared her throat to make herself known without starteling her girlfriend and disrupting the scene in front of her. Immediatly the wisdom goddess looked up and her grey eyes met the angel's hazel colored ones.

Athena smiled seeing her girlfriend standing there in the shadows of the building. Was she trying to sneak up on her? Skratch that, what was she even doing here? Usually she'd be working now.

The daughter of Zeus raised a brow. 

"What are you doing here, lurking in the shadows? Should I be worried?" She asked.

Her eyes didn't stay on the angel for long though as Dexton nibbled her ear, missing his mistress' hands in his feathers.

"Oh you should be very worried." Nike grinned.

Athena shook her head, detecting the sarcasm in her girlfriend's voice. The smile that had laced her lips became wider.

Yet her attention remained with Dexton. He seemed to be enjoying Athena's hands stroking his feathers. The barn owl stared at the daughter of Styx. 

'She's mine you strange, winged creature.' He seemed to smirk.

A shiver went down Nike's spine as the owl stared staight into her eyes with its own big, black orbs. This is why she wasn't all that fond of owls.

The victory goddess pushed the feeling down and moved out of the shadows towards the sunlit bench her girlfriend was sitting on. She sat down next to her even, yet once more her attention was pre-occupied with the owl on her forearm.

To the daughter of Styx there was only one solution. Get the Dexton's attention away from Athena so the latter could focus on her. A plan slowly formed in the angel's mind.

A moment later she let a mouse appear in the shadows. The little creature seemed confused and gently moved into the middle of the patio.

Immediatly Dexton's head snapped towards the white mouse in the middle of the small courtyard. He seemed to weigh his options and estimate his chances of catching the creature in his claws.

A moment later the barn owl jumped from Athena's arm, spread his majestic wings and let himself glide down to where the mouse was. In a matter of seconds the little animal was stuck in Dexton's claws. Soon enough he mercilessly started devouring the mouse.

Nike stared in both shock and awe. Of course she'd expected it to work, but not this good. Next to her Athena seemed equally surprised.

The wisdom goddess turned her head towards her girlfriend.

"You don't, by chance, have anything to do with this do you?" The daughter of Zeus questioned, gesturing at the scene in front of them.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Nike grinned.

"Mhmhm." Athena hummed.

She rolled her eyes but smiled.

"You didn't think I came here early to surprise my girlfriend and then watch her cuddle up with her owl rather than me, did you?" The victory goddess joked.

"Surprise her huh?" The daughter of Zeus smirked.

"Yep, finished early today, just for you." 

"Just for me?"

"Stop repeating me."

Athena chuckled. The need to repeat the sentence became stronger. Nike could see that need in her girlfriend's eyes and she shook her head.

"No, don't you dare." The victory goddess protested weakly.

"Or what?" The wisdom goddess asked, sliding closer to her girlfriend and trapping her in her arms.

Nike didn't have an answer she merely blushed at the gesture. The words seemed to flee her mind, leaving her with silence.

"Come now. Don't tell me you just distracted Dexton, only to do nothing with it." Athena grinned.

"I only wanted your attention. I succeeded." The angel managed to say.

Her blush only deepend as Athena's reserved laughter rung through the patio once more as she kissed the victory goddess' cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

790K 21K 97
1st Place in the Percy Jackson Wattys 2018 * '"So it's settled then." Zeus said, "In order to solidify our truce with Nyx Apollo will marry Nyx's dem...
905K 3.8K 45
After Gaea is defeated, Percabeth is finally happy and at peace. This goes on about their life :) Warning: Rated R because there is a lot of smut and...
20.8K 411 17
COMPLETED When Percy is asked to fill in as Praetor for Frank, he expects to spend his days at Camp Jupiter and help Reyna. What he doesn't expect is...
1.7K 118 35
{ after Blood of Olympus, Jason is still alive, Leo might be in this story, IDk how this will go, SOLANGEO OFFICIAL!!!} So this is my first PJO fanf...