Athena x Nike

By Athena_9909

Ever wondered what it would be like if the ancient Greek wisdom goddess would fall in love with the ancient G... More

#1 * Bright And Early
#2 * The Loyal Guard
#3 * Through Hell And Back
#4 * The Escort
#5 * Dark Dreams
#6 * On Time Is Late
#7 * That One Bloody Party
#7 * That One Bloody Party (part 2)
#8 * Love Like A Battlefield
#9 * Lazy Mornings
#10 * Belated Victory
#11 * You Always Have A Choice
#12 * Still Waters Run Deep
#13 * "I Am Never Shy"
#14 * How It All Began
#15 * Out And Proud
#16 * Checkmate
#17 * Until I Found You
#18 * Falling Slowly
#19 * Dinner Date
#20 * That Kind Of Special
#21 * The Skatergirl
#22 * Fate Is Cruel
#23 * Jared
#24 * The Skatergirl (Part 2)
#25 * Under The Light Of The Moon
#26 * The Floor Is Lava
Just A Thought
#27 * End Game
#28 * Rain
#29 * The Guitarist
#30 - First Comes Love Than Comes Marriage (1K Special)
#31 * Gatedrop
#32 * The Sting Of War
#33 * Golden Appels Are A Curse
#34 * Winter Bets
Just Another Thought
#35 * Tough Love
#36 * Like Old Times
#37 * Losing Game
#38 * Duty Calls
#39 * Challenge Accepted
#40 * CHB (part 1)
#40 * CHB (part 2)
#41 * Story Time
#42 * Night Out?
#43 * Celebrations
#44 * Matching Onesies
#45 * Because Of You...
#46 * Fallen Angel
#47 * Whose Side Are You On?
#48 * Sunny Dreams
#49 * Matching Tattoos
#50 * Visit The Past
#51 * Crimson Vow
#52 * That Day By The Lake
#53 * 'I Promise'
#54 * Lost Without You
#55 * That One Night..
#56 * Down By The River
Not A Chapter * Life Update?
#57 * Subtle Magic
#58 * No Surrender
#59 * Beyond Her Eyes
#60 * Watching From Afar
#61 * In The Dead Of Night
#62 * The Virus
#63 * Pets
#64 * Victory
#65 * Pets (part 2)
#66 * Mental Prison
#66 * Mental Prison (Part 2)
#67 * Siblings
#69 * Lilac Sheets Of Satin
#70 * Like Mother Like Daughter
#71 * Siblings (part 2)
72 * Brighter Than Gold
#73 * Soldier On
#74 * Young Gods
#75 * Bribe The Pet
#76 * Owlsitter
77 * Meet the mother
#78 * Rough Day
#79 * Not Prepared
#80 * Savior
#81 * Not prepared (Part 2)
#82 * Poetry
#83 * Calculated victory
#84 * Shattered mind
#85 * Young Winner
#86 * Rightful heir
#87 * Don't think just run
#88 * Don't Tell the kids (part 1)
#89 * Don't tell the kids (part 2)
#90 * Little sister
#91 * Little sister (part 2)
#92 * Better late than never
#93 * I bet
#94 * Man down
#95 * Drunken night
#96 * Victory in the palm of my hand

#68 * Heda

232 11 1
By Athena_9909

Suggested by SunsetMahi

This is an AU based on 'The 100'. If you don't know what that is this one might be a little harder to understand, so I suggest you scroll along and go enjoy the next chapter.

- Athena

------------------------------

Athena's POV:

"We're running low on supplies. Some of us are going to have to go out and go hunt for fresh meat and greens."  My mom said, slamming a huge piece of deer on the table.

She started cutting it up into smaller portions for our dinner tonight.

"I'll go with Artemis and Callisto." I replied.

"I'm afraid, that's not going to happen." Mom stated.

"Callisto is currently too ill to get out of bed and you know Artemis won't leave her side if she can help it."

"Right. I'll ask someone else then." 

Truth is I wouldn't. I very much knew Callisto was ill and that Artemis wasn't going anywhere. I just needed my mom to not worry and to think I woudn't go into the woods alone.

'What if one of those Trikru people catch you and cut you up? Or what if you get stuck in one of their traps?' Her voice repeated in my mind.

"Thank you." My actual mom said as I left.

Dear mother, if only you knew..

Let's just say it wouldn't be the trikru that would have my head.

I past by my room and grabbed my bow from the corner where I stashed it away. I made sure I had enough arrows in my quiver and left the camp.

As soon as I was out of the gate that lead to our camp I started running. I ran until the camp was far out of sight and I was alone with the sounds of the forrest.

I slowed down to a walk and caught my breath. I went to check some traps we had set up but most of them were empty. One of them did have a rabbit in it, so I tied a bit of rope around it's paws so I could easily carry it back.

With the rabbit in my hand I continued down the path that I knew would lead to the river. That's where the deer went to drink. Perhaps I would be lucky and there would be a few easy targets.

"Artemis, you would be proud." I muttered to myself with a grin.

Suddenly I stopped. The trees above me rustled.

'They're trees, they do that. You know wind and stuff.' The voice in the back of my mind said.

True, but there wasn't that much wind. Not enough to make the treetops move. 

"Alright, you can come out now." I started grinning, realizing what was going on.

Right in front of me a person dropped down on the ground.

"So Heda finally decides to grace me with her precense?" I asked, faking my sarcasm and pushing away the need to fly arround the commander's neck.

"Auwch. I know I missed our usual meeting last week, but Heda really? At least call me Nike." She smirked, knowing I wasn't serious.

"Shut up." I muttered.

I was no longer able to surpress my need to hold Nike. I grabbed onto her clothes and pulled her close enough for the tips of our noses to touch.

"You don't know how to finish anything do you?" She muttered, a mischievous smirk playing around her lips.

Not a moment later Nike leaned in enough to lock our lips together in a kiss.

"So what does a pretty lady like you do in the forest all by herself?" My girlfriend asked me.

"Hunting." I stated.

"That's hardly a one person job my love. Allow me to lend a hand." She said, faking a bow.

"If you insist... Heda." I took a hold of her hand and pulled her along towards the river.

I was well aware of her faked scowl in my direction. I ignored it on purpose. Soon enough she caught up with my pace so we were just walking next to each other.

"How come you didn't make it last week?" I wondered, glancing to Nike.

"Negotiations." She shrugged, not even bothering to elaborate.

"Suddenly every little duty that comes with being Heda was thrown at me. I wanted to get away from the capitol, but I couldn't. I'm sorry."

I gave her hand a squeeze.

"It's okay, it happens when your girlfriend is the leader of trikru."

I decided not to mention I had to hide from acid rain while waiting on her.

When we reached the river, Nike pulled me in some bushes near the water's edge.

In a hushed tone she said "Look across."

I peeked through the branches and saw a group of deer. I'd have one shot, so I couldn't miss.

Nike gave me an encouraging smile. I positioned myself correctly as quietly as possible. I put an arrow on my string and pulled back, aiming for one of the drinking animals.

One shot.

One kill.

No more, no less.

I took a deep breath to calm myself and when I breathed out I released the arrow. Mercilessly it hit the deer in the chest.

The rest of the deer scurried away, afraid of becoming my next target. For now, this would have to do.

"Ah crap." I muttered.

"What?" My girlfriend asked beside me.

"It's on the other side of the river." I whine.

"Swim across and we'll cut up the deer here. There's a bridge down stream you can take to cross back to this side and be on your way home." She explained as if it was an obvious thing.

"But then I'll get all wet." I refused.

"Aren't you already then?" Nike winked.

"Oh screw you." I grumbled, rolling my eyes at her.

"We'll if you're not already, you're about to be." Nike stated.

She took a long climbing rope from the belt around her waist.

"Give me your bow and an arrow." She commanded.

I did as she asked. I saw my girlfriend take aim and shoot the arrow somewhere up in a tree. I didn't see it fall. She gav the rope a couple strong tugs.

She was right you know... This was quite attractive...

"Alright, hold on to me and pray we don't fall into the river."

Nike had a wicked grin plastered across her face.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" I asked a little skeptical.

"No, that's why you need to pray."

"Ah, good to know we rely on the prayers of an atheist." I stated, taking her hand anyway.

Without another warning she wrapped her hand around my waist and jumped across the river with me. I felt the arrow budging under our combined weight.

"Nikeeee!!" I exclaimed feeling my shoe drag through the water.

"Just a... Bit further..." She said with a concentrated scowl.

Then she added:

"This might hurt."

"Oh I hate it when you say that." I grunted, preparing myself for impact.

I heard the arrow snap and we we're falling fast, but just as wel fell we reached the other river bank, crashing full force into the ground that awaited us there.

"Next time I'll swim." I grumbled, feeling slightly dizzy and disoriented.

"I gave you that option. You didn't want to get wet." Nike defended herself.

"How far was that bridge again?" I wondered.

"About a mile or so."

"Next time I'm just going the extra mile."

"Suit yourself, I still think it was a succes."

"If you say so commander." I smirked.

"Come on, cut up your deer I'll help you carry it back as far as I can." Nike said, rolling her eyes with a smile afterwards.

------------------------------

Hey SunsetMahi

Finally I can say, here is your short! It took me a bit cause I didn't expect it to be so hard for me. Anyway, I know it's a tad bit weird and maybe a bit all over the place, but I hope you still like it. The ending might feel a bit rushed though, I apologize for that.
Aside from that if you have any other ideas pls let me know, I'd love to see what I can cook up. Have a good day!

- Athena

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611 11 14
*DISCLAMER* This is a fanfiction novel! Rick Riordan is the proud and proper owner of the Percy Jackson series. --- This story introduces a new chara...
20.8K 411 17
COMPLETED When Percy is asked to fill in as Praetor for Frank, he expects to spend his days at Camp Jupiter and help Reyna. What he doesn't expect is...
519 11 20
This is not an official Rick Riordan story nor do I own any of his characters I do not own this cover or any other Fanart in this story (unless I say...
905K 3.8K 45
After Gaea is defeated, Percabeth is finally happy and at peace. This goes on about their life :) Warning: Rated R because there is a lot of smut and...