Fate I

By kirariidol

In the far eastern continent laid the infamous, imperial Kou Empire. Its land stretched farther than any othe... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
LXVII
LXVIII
LXIX
LXX
LXXI
LXXII
LXXIII
LXXIV
LXXV
LXXVI
LXXVII
LXXVIII
LXXIX
LXXX
LXXXI
LXXXII
LXXXIII
LXXXIV
LXXXV
LXXXVI
LXXXVII
LXXXVIII
LXXXIX
XC
XCI
XCII
XCIII
XCIV
XCV
XCVI
XCVII
XCVIII
XCIX
C
CI
CII
CIII
CIV
CV
CVI
CVII
CVIII
CIX
CX
CXI
CXII
CXIII
CXIV
CXV
CXVI
CXVII
CXVIII
CXIX
CXX
CXXI
CXXII
CXXIII
CXXIV
CXXV
CXXVI
CXXVII
CXXVIII
CXXIX
CXXX
CXXXI
CXXXII
CXXXIII
CXXXIV
CXXXV
CXXXVI
CXXXVII
CXXXVIII
CXXXIX
CXL
CXLI
CXLII
CXLIII
CXLIV
CXLV
CXLVI
CXLVII
CXLVIII
CXLIX
CL
CLI
CLII
CLIII
CLIV
CLV
CLVI
CLVII
CLVIII
CLIX
CLX
CLXI
CLXII
CLXIII
CLXIV
CLXV
CLXVI
CLXVII
CLXVIII
CLXIX
CLXX
CLXXI
CLXXII
CLXXIII
CLXXIV
CLXXV
CLXXVI
CLXXVII
CLXXVIII
CLXXIX
CLXXX
CLXXXI
CLXXXII
CLXXXIII
CLXXXIV
CLXXXV
CLXXXVI
CLXXXVII
CLXXXVIII
CLXXXIX
CXC
CXCI
CXCII
CXCIV
CXCV
CXCVI
CXCVII
CXCVIII
CXCIX
CC

CXCIII

202 9 4
By kirariidol

In an instant, three months had flown by and spring was nearing its end. The cool breeze that had washed over Sindria gave bloom to the budding saplings of winter and it was during the summer months that these blossoms bloomed gloriously in all its majesty. But, what should've been a month of joy was filled with nothing but bitterness on this specific summer day. No flowers decorated the capital city nor did the citizens plan anything special. Instead, they simply went about their day with cold eyes as they murmured amongst each other about the detestable Kou Empire and the shameless attitude of its Imperial Princess who dared to intrude in the Royal Harem.

Lucy stood on the balcony of her room, gazing down at the blooming flowers with a downcast gaze, her long, silky golden hair tied into two low pigtails flowing behind her with the veil which draped from the golden band. Her white, shoulderless dress trailed along on the floor behind her with the royal purple sash lined with gold that was draped around her shoulders hanging down in two bands in front of her. The amethyst jewels glowed an eerie hue despite the cloudy skies as they tinkled ever-so-softly in the cold wind.

"Yggdrasil is upset," Kuugen remarked, sniffing the air that was not at all reminiscent of summer.

Wu Kong scoffed. "Who wouldn't be given what day it is?" he said, leaning against the wall of the room with his arms crossed and a knee propped up against the wall. "It would be weird if it wasn't. Especially when you look at the faces of the citizens."

Kuugen turned towards Lucy, his sapphire eyes glowing softly in sorrow as he watched Lucy's back. How small and frail she seemed as if she was ready to break any second from the weight of the feelings and responsibilities she held. Even if she disliked this, she couldn't say anything for she herself was the one who made the decision. In the end, the one who was at fault was the Kou Empire. Both Wu Kong and Kuugen realized this and the hatred and disdain they felt towards the Imperial Family was second to none. If possible, they would lay waste to the Empire this very instant but, it was something that Lucy wouldn't want.

Holding a lily in her hand, she gazed down at it. "If it's a marriage, especially a political one, they would have to consummate it."

"Lucy..." Kuugen gazed up at her, his eyes filled with pain.

The previous night, she and Sinbad had talked about it. Kougyoku was a bride sent by the Kou Empire as proof of their alliance — however tense it may be — and it was only right for both sides to fulfill their duty. Marriage in the Kou Empire needed to be consummated and, the same went for the Kingdom of Sindria. He was reluctant but, it was his duty as King. He needed only to consummate the marriage once both to show he was upholding his side and accepted the alliance and also to give face to the Imperial Princess who had thrown away all her previous titles and entered as a Royal Concubine.

She still remembered when Sinbad asked if she was okay with this and, she could only remember herself crying in his arms. There was no way she was fine with it. How could she be? She had to watch the man she loved consummate a marriage that the two of them had no say in and be fine with all of it. There was no way she could be fine. It was an emotion that Sinbad understood all too well. He held her in his arms the entire night, enveloping her in his warmth as he whispered the same words over and over to her again.

"My body may be given and shared but, my heart and affection will forever solely be yours."

Holding the lily to her lips, she closed her eyes. "Sinbad..."

Unbeknownst to her, Wu Kong and Kuugen had quietly left the room upon glancing up and seeing who it was. His royal purple cape lined with white fur billowed behind him as he wore his black, kingly uniform with a sash draped across the front and numerous medals hanging from the front of his suit jacket. Walking towards Lucy, the heels of his shoes tapping softly against the carpeted floor, he stood behind Lucy. But, before he could reach out to her, she quickly turned around and held a blade to his throat.

"As expected, you haven't lost your touch," he remarked, glancing at the blade as a bead of sweat rolled down his face. "But, isn't it a bit too much to pull out one of your Eight Divine Weapons?"

Seeing who it was, Lucy quickly widened her eyes and retracted her blade, letting it disappear back into the magic circle where she had pulled it from.

"Sinbad!"

He smirked. "How have you been, Lucy?" he said, kissing her softly on the head as he wrapped his arms around her waist and held her.

She furrowed her brows, an apologetic expression filled with guilt washing over her face as she stood there. "I'm sorry," she said, hating what she had done. "It seems that I'm not feeling too well today these days. I was too on edge."

Sinbad stared at her, pulling his lips into a firm, tight line, knowing the true reason behind her tenseness. Pulling her closer to his chest and wrapping his arms firmly around her, she widened her eyes slightly as he embraced her, enveloping her with his warmth and affection.

"It's not your fault," he said. "If there's anyone to blame, it's me."

She widened her eyes and parted her lips. But, before she could refute his words, he furrowed his brows and lowered himself, apologizing to her.

"I'm sorry."

"Sinbad..."

"But, my previous promise to you still stands," he looked at her with firm, resolute eyes. "Only you will be the object of my affection and grace," he took her hand and kissed the back of it, all the while gazing at her, his amber eyes never once leaving her. "Because," he leaned in, planting his lips on hers, "you're the only one who is worthy of it and the only one whom I desire with all my heart and soul."

Parting his lips from hers, she stared up at him and he smiled warmly down at her, his amber eyes holding nothing but adoration for her.

"So, do what you wish to do," he said. "It's what I promised you and a promise I intend to fulfill. If you want to play and sleep all day, do so. If you want to take a trip somewhere, I'll organize it right away. If you want to kill someone, I'll kill them. No matter what it is that you want, I'll see that it's fulfilled. Even if you want to kill the Imperial Princess, I can also do that."

She pursed her lips and furrowed her brows.

"But," he smiled hopelessly, placing a lock of hair behind her ear, "I know that's not something that you would want."

"What I want," she mouthed, tears rolling down her face, "is simply to live happily with the friends whom I hold dear and the man whom I love. My wish is as simple as that."

He slowly widened his eyes and smiled, his amber eyes twinkling softly. "Yeah."

This was the kind of person she was. Neither selfish nor too asking of others, she always remained selfless to the point where she would willingly sacrifice her own happiness. That's why when he heard her wish — as simple as it may be — he was more than delighted. For that simple wish of hers, he would do anything to fulfill it.

"Hey, Lucy," he said, holding her in his arms. "Having you by my side is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me."

She widened her eyes and chuckled. "Is that so?"

"It is," he answered without hesitation. To the point where I would willingly lay waste to the entire world if it meant I could keep you by my side.

She smiled softly, her honey-brown eyes soft with affection. She closed her eyes. "Perhaps all that I've gone through was just so that I could meet you. Sinbad," she whispered his name ever-so-lovingly that his heart raced inside of his chest, "thank you for coming to me."

His chest tightened up as he felt tears slowly well up in his eyes. Remembering the moment they first met and all that she had gone through after that and all that he saw while she was imprisoned in the Cold Palace, he held her even tighter.

"I won't let you suffer again."

Tears rolled down her fair, white skin. "I know."

"I'll definitely let us be happy, Lucy."

The last tear rolled down her face. "Mn," she smiled. "I trust you, Sinbad."

Gates of the Royal Palace~

"Announcing the arrival of the Kou Empire, His Majesty the Emperor, Ren Kouen-sama, His Highness the Imperial Prime Minister, Ren Koumei-sama, and Her Highness the Imperial Princess, Ren Kougyoku-sama!" the servant announced.

Royal guards and servants lined the steps leading up to the gates as the flags of the Kingdom of Sindria billowed in the wind. The air was cold and dry, not reminiscent of summer in the slightest bit. The Eight Generals were present to Sinbad's side who stood at the top of the steps, looking down at the Empire who had descended from their magic tarps and was slowly making their way up. Kougyoku was dressed in red — the traditional wedding garment of the Kou Empire — and her head and face were covered with a similar patterned red veil. It was an elegant and exquisite design given the rare silk that had been acquired from the Heartfilia Conglomerate and the rubies, pearls, and gold that decorated the dress and served as accessories. But, no matter how lavishly dressed she was, none of it moved Sinbad who simply stared at them with lifeless, cold, dark eyes, a prominent scowl on his face.

"As much as we may dislike this, we must keep up appearances, King Sinbad," Ja'far murmured under his breath while wearing a smile on his face, the other Generals doing the same. Though some like Yamraiha and Pisti simply stared on in distaste regardless.

Kouen and the others reached the top of the steps and the two glared at each other, lightning crackling in the background as both sides watched on in distaste.

"Greetings to His Majesty the King of the Kingdom of Sindria, King Sinbad," Kouen offered his greetings, giving a slight bow as it was the Kou Empire who was the one offering their princess.

Sinbad remained silent as he glanced at Kougyoku. Kougyoku shifted her feet. Under the veil, she blushed a deep red as she couldn't contain her excitement and happiness. How long had she dreamt of this day and finally, the day had come. Gulping, she lowered her head and extended her greetings.

"Ren Kougyoku, the Eighth Imperial Princess of the Kou Empire, greets His Majesty the King of the Kingdom of Sindria, King Sinbad," she gave a slight curtsy.

Sinbad watched with disinterest and his Generals glanced at him. They had initially urged him to smile but now, the very least they wished for was for him to have at least an amicable approach. After all, they understood just how distasteful Sinbad saw them for even they couldn't hide their disgust at the Empire.

"Now that you're a Royal Concubine of the Royal Harem, I advise you to throw away your previous title and say the proper greeting," Sinbad said with a cold voice, startling Kougyoku. "Since the Kou Empire sent you as a bride, then there's no need to continue holding onto past connections. After all," Sinbad stared at Kouen, his amber eyes glowing a menacing hue, "isn't that how all the previous Imperial Princesses who were married off were treated?"

Koumei gritted his teeth. He couldn't say anything in refutation and Kouen knew very well that they had no say in this. Now that Kougyoku was married into the Kingdom of Sindria, she was part of their family register and had to follow the rules of the Royal Family. They could no longer interfere and lend a helping hand for events that happened in the Royal Harem. Only when her situation affected the Kou Empire could they interfere. But, rarely did that ever happen and in the most likely event, it would never happen. Since matters of the Royal Family were kept amongst themselves just as matters of the Imperial Family were kept amongst themselves as well. Hence, he could only rely on the fact that Kougyoku's presence itself would drive a wedge in the two's relationship.

And judging from his expression, Kouen gave a small smirk, it's already working.

"Though there's nothing elaborate given how we've been busy recently, I hope you'll excuse the lack of decoration," Sinbad turned on his heel, giving an excuse for the lack of arrangements done for this wedding day. "For now, please enter. As busy as we may have been, we have prepared a banquet."

It was clear that Sinbad was treating them with disdain given his choice of words but, Kouen didn't mind much for as long as he accepted Kougyoku into the Royal Harem, he could care less about the lack of decoration.

Upon entering the Palace, Kouen, Koumei, and the rest of their entourage could tell that no effort had been put in at all. The entire Palace was barren with not even a single flower arrangement in sight. But, they could not complain since it was Sinbad's choice as to how he wanted to welcome the bride from the Kou Empire. It was a good thing that Kougyoku had her face veiled for if she were to have seen the lack of decorations, she would've surely realized that she wasn't welcomed in the least. After all, the fact that Sinbad didn't even bother to escort her and instead, was escorted by Koumei, showed his definitive lack of interest in her.

"Come to think of it, I don't see Her Majesty the Queen," Kouen remarked.

Sinbad gritted his teeth in anger as the other Generals flashed a murderous glare at them. Sinbad stopped in his tracks and turned to them, a sinister smile on his face as a dark aura radiated from him. Knowing that it would erupt into a fight, Ja'far stepped in.

"Unfortunately, Her Majesty the Queen is feeling unwell and so, she was unable to greet everyone," Ja'far said, hoping that his answer would satisfy them. "She extends her apologies."

Kouen furrowed his brows. "She's unwell?"

Clenching his hands into fists, Sinbad's face darkened considerably as he bared his teeth. Don't act as if you suddenly care about her when you never did!

But, he calmed himself down as he turned back around, continuing to walk to the banquet hall. "It's a given considering how close the due date is," he said, already looking forward to the birth of the child not because he looked forward to seeing it but rather, he wanted Lucy to be relieved of her pain once and for all. He saw how much she suffered throughout the pregnancy and if he could carry the pain that she had to go through, he would be more than willing. "Hence, Lucy's lack of involvement with national and foreign affairs as of late."

He said her name fondly and tenderly, earning Kouen's ire. In front of Sinbad and especially in Sindria, he was not allowed to call Lucy by her name for calling her so would be an offense. The only person allowed to do so was Sinbad. Not even her retainers were allowed to call her by her name when in public. Only Sinbad was given that privilege.

"So it's almost around that time," Kouen's face darkened as he thought about Lucy's pregnancy.

Back when she was his Imperial Noble Consort, he had often thought how nice it would be to start a family with her. But now, the one she was having a family with was not him but Sinbad. Balling his hands into fists, he clenched his teeth. He was a cruel, ruthless man and his current thoughts proved it. Once he had her back in his arms, he was going to give her everything that he couldn't. Whether it be power, love, or a family, he was going to give her all of it. All that she received from another, he was going to replace it all.

"We've arrived," Sinbad said, entering the banquet hall as they each took their seats. "Escort the concubine to her hall."

The maids bowed and walked over to Kougyoku. "If you will, Your Highness."

The maids walked at the front while Kougyoku had her Lady-in-Waiting — who accompanied her to the Kingdom of Sindria — escort her. None turned back to look at them and instead, simply followed their orders to escort them to the small hall in the Royal Harem that had been cleared out. It was the only place that was decorated to seem like a wedding with red cloths draped along the side of the building and other red accessories that were commonly seen in weddings back in the Kou Empire. It was a hall but even then, it was considerably large given its similar size to the halls back in the Imperial Harem. Kougyoku was given the Dahlia Hall which featured a fairly large residential building suitable for a single person, a small side building for her Lady-in-Waiting, and a small courtyard.

"This is Her Highness's resident?" the Lady-in-Waiting, Kiyo, asked.

The maids glanced at her, their gazes cold with indifference, causing Kiyo to flinch and her face to pale. "This was the hall that Sinbad-sama assigned Her Highness. If there are any problems with it, please feel free to voice any comments towards Sinbad-sama."

"T-That's..." Kiyo furrowed her brows and lowered her gaze for if it was Sinbad's orders, then she was unable to retaliate.

"Kiyo," Kougyoku said sternly.

Hearing the harsh tone of her mistress, Kiyo backed down. "Yes..."

"Please tell Sinbad-sama that it is a lovely residence," Kougyoku said behind her veil despite having not seen the residence herself. "Whatever Sinbad-sama decides, Kougyoku will gladly comply," she smiled softly, her cheeks a rosy hue as she held her hands over her heart.

The maids simply stared at her, not at all moved or swayed by her words, their initial impression of her still the same as ever. The fact that she was a homewrecker remained and no matter what she did to try to change her impression, no one in the Royal Harem, never mind the Royal Palace, welcomed her presence. She was but a nuisance that the Kou Empire forced upon their King and more so, their Queen. Not only that, for the marriage to take place in the same month as her due date, it was as if they were asking for the Queen to give birth prematurely, threatening both the heir's life and Lucy's life herself. There was no way Sinbad, the retainers, the Generals, and the people of Sindria wouldn't be furious. After treating their Queen so, they had the nerve to ruin the happiness that she finally obtained with their King. For that reason alone, they could never forgive them. They couldn't forgive Kougyoku who still decided to come as a concubine even after knowing that Sinbad had already taken Lucy as his Queen.

Feeling the animosity in their gazes, Kougyoku pursed her lips and lowered her gaze. As naive as she was, she knew when she wasn't welcomed. But, nevertheless, this was the decision she decided to make.

I'm sure it'll get better once I meet with Sinbad-sama and Lucy-neesama, she clutched her hand, thinking positively of the current situation.

"Then if you will excuse us," the maids gave a curt bow. "Further instructions will be given by Sinbad-sama. Hence, we advise that Her Highness stay in the Dahlia Hall until Sinbad-sama's arrival."

Kiyo glared at them, not at all liking their attitude towards her mistress.

"Yes, I understand," Kougyoku complied.

The maids excused themselves, leaving the Dahlia Hall and returning back to their assigned work. Kougyoku felt them leave and as they did, Kiyo turned to her.

"My Lady! Even if you've given up your title, you are still a member of the Imperial Family by blood! You have the Kou Empire's backing and more so, you are a Royal Concubine! There's no need to be compliant towards those maids!" Kiyo exclaimed.

In her eyes, Kougyoku was a mistress that she needed to take care of for, unlike the other members of the Imperial Family, she had a shy and timid disposition. Even back at the Imperial Palace, she was often looked down upon by the other Imperial Princesses and had it not been for the fact that she was able to use magoi and was recognized to be a metal vessel user, she would've surely been married off for political advantages. But, underneath that shy nature, she knew Kougyoku to be a kind and gentle person. Hence, she needed to be protected from those that wished to trample on her and use her.

Kougyoku shook her head.

"My Lady!"

"They were acting on behalf of Sinbad-sama," Kougyoku said, making her way into the small building she was given, noting how different the structure was from those of the Imperial Palace. "What's the point in blaming them if they have no fault to begin with?"

"But..."

"Drop it, Kiyo," Kougyoku said, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "You came here as my Lady-in-Waiting. We are now in the Kingdom of Sindria and no longer the Kou Empire. Whatever power I used to wield or hold is long gone. So, if you dare to cause trouble and inconvenience me while thinking I'm still the Eighth Imperial Princess and one of the Generals of the Kou Empire, I'll have no choice but to dispose of you."

Despite her face being hidden under the veil, she could feel the menacing glare, and hearing the disdain in her voice, Kiyo paled and immediately dropped down to the ground.

"P-Please forgive me, my Lady! This servant was wrong!"

Kougyoku looked down at her, the menacing aura around her indicative of the Ren blood which ran through her veins. "From here on out, you should no longer refer to me as 'my lady'," she drew back in her aura. "I'm no longer an Imperial Princess but rather, a Royal Concubine. You should refer to me as 'Your Highness's."

"Yes," Kiyo immediately complied. "This servant will heed Her Highness's words!"

Kougyoku smiled in content. Though she was apologetic in her choice of words, she couldn't afford to let Kiyo cause a ruckus for her actions directly reflected onto her. A mistress who couldn't control her subordinate would be looked down upon and she couldn't bear to earn any more animosity than she already had in the Royal Palace. She didn't wish to cause Sinbad and Lucy any more trouble than she already had. She simply wanted to live peacefully with them, being doted upon by the woman she regarded and respected as an older sister and being loved by the man she loved.

"You can retire for today, Kiyo," Kougyoku said, her cheeks flushing a soft, rosy hue as her crimson maroon eyes glimmered with anticipation and affection. "I will wait here."

Kiyo smiled fondly at her mistress. "Yes."

Stepping back, she exited the door.

"Then this servant will excuse herself. Please rest well, Your Highness."

Closing the door behind her, Kiyo walked to the side building of the Dahlia Hall which would serve as her residence. Retiring for the night, she tidied up her belongings before resting in, smiling happily to herself as she hoped that Kougyoku would be happy tonight for she knew just how much her mistress adored Sinbad. It was a day that she had been wishing for since the moment she laid eyes upon Sinbad and knowing that Kougyoku would officially be welcomed as a Royal Concubine — despite not having the legal status of a wife — she couldn't help but be happy on behalf of her mistress. Tonight, their marriage would be consummated, and then, no matter what others say, Kougyoku would be officially one of the mistresses of the Royal Harem; the only Royal Concubine!

Having nothing but joy and excitement for her mistress, she tucked herself into sleep, awaiting the next day where she would wake Kougyoku up and see her mistress's happy, blushing face.

Before long, night had descended and with it, the night of consummation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Trust By eff_off

Fanfiction

49.3K 1.7K 38
Fairy Tail betrayed her. She knew that she was weak, she knew that she was useless, but she always tried harder, she always did better than before a...
425K 11.3K 66
Lucy Heartfilia is a 16-year-old. Her mother had died early and her father's business collapsed. Finally having been able to join the most renown gui...
58.5K 2.3K 19
A Fairy Tail FanFiction~ Princess Lucy. King Natsu. Both had exceeding power. Both were after the other. When Natsu was a child, King Igneel's reign...
65.1K 2K 33
Now at the age of eighteen, Elisha is given a job by Makarov himself. Master Bob has requested help in finding out more about a mysterious tower that...